A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MS14A
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 3, 2017 01:15 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
MS14A has contributed to 13 posts out of 464583 total posts (0.00%) in 247 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Doesn't help a majority of fans for a given series don't seem to bother to try and learn how their game actually works outside of "e-sports" garbage. Majority of older Halo title fans still don't understand why Bungie couldn't add DLC armor.

Even worse still are the people who sit with their thumbs up their bums wondering why company X won't bring game Y to platform Z even though they have 6 gorillion signatures on a e-petition.

Halo CE General Discussion » Wintersmith V2 release Apr 22, 2017 11:53 PM (Total replies: 11)

Was alright on the section where you're making those jumps in the hog down towards the bottom I'd suggest some nav points because after following three straight jumps the 4th one off center and I died due to this.

Another oddity is that after the initial room you're put in the room with hunters at the bottom of what looks like a cargo elevator. I got down there, got teleported to another segment and then after that segment teleported back to that room now without the hunters before it teleported me to the next segment after that.

Also at the start you can melee the doors on the ship open and toss nades down at the wraith to soften it and the other covenant below.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Mar 29, 2017 09:50 AM (Total replies: 490)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: MS14A
So we ever gonna get a way to port stuff from HCE into your mod? forget forge the focus should be on map authoring tools like HEK

I dont think you understand what kind of legal implications that has on fan games. Allowing people to port stuff is a direct violation on microsoft's Game Content Usage Rules, and could instantly cause any fangame to get shut down.

Well adding modding support to your free release fan game isn't illegal per-se.

But having a tool that directly ports assets from CE would definitely be a big legal no no.
Also, its a pretty big dirtbag move to ask a developer to add tools for the explicit purpose of porting stuff over to replace whats theirs. You're basically saying that they're not good enough and you're more interested in using them as a stepping stone. I've had this discussion with somebody on the contingency forums a while back and i still stand by saying this.

I find it funny you state this as we're on Halo maps, a site that does in fact host ported and ripped content not only from Halo Titles post HCE, but things like CoD4, Half-Life and other games. Which is illegal as well yet is still here despite being a massive issue to not only the site but Dennis and the company UXB internet.

There's also the other fan project Halo: Online which uses stolen code from a microsoft IP and reversed engineered, said project was hit with a C&D but instead of caving the threat by Microsoft's legal division was given the metaphorical finger and work still continues.

Moving away from Halo we have Garry's mod that hosts ported and ripped content from a variety of non-valve games. I bring this up because in order to access this content you do essentially have to pay for them (buying the game). Of course nothing has happened here and if it did pressure would cause every piece of content ripped from other games to be removed.

You've already impeded on Microsoft's domain just by making this one while they have the Halo IP active and H5 Forge exists on PC. Legally they have every right to shut you down,even if you believe yourself in the clear all it's going to take from the looks of it is one C&D from Microsoft to get you guys to stop in your tracks. I asked what essentially would happen if you released map authoring tools and there is no two ways about this

Thats how it works nothing legally will stop Microsoft from giving you a C&D right before release or on release which is usually how they operate. Ultimately you're on their radar right now and there's a good chance a C&D will come either right before completion of your project or shortly after as you're infringing on their attempt to monetize Halo on PC via H5 Forge. All I did was ask for something that would obviously be used for porting work. I just asked outright.

oh and AM2R is a good non-MS example i can give of a free fan game being forced to get canned right as it released.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Mar 26, 2017 07:02 PM (Total replies: 490)

So we ever gonna get a way to port stuff from HCE into your mod? forget forge the focus should be on map authoring tools like HEK

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool Problem that came back to haunt me. Mar 26, 2017 07:00 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
did you rename the .map file or was it the .scenario?
renamed the scenario in sapien with save as. I know how to use the tools it's just this error is one I dealt with ages ago but never jotted down how it was fixed.

In any case IIRC it might be an issue with the sound tags related to the scorpion. Anyone have a "clean" set?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool Problem that came back to haunt me. Mar 24, 2017 11:51 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
And your halo root directory is not set to read only yes?

Not read-only it's in my Q: drive not C:

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: MS14A
https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/6735-gridlock-unfinished-map-by-english-mobster/

There. a repost of a repost.

Repostception!

Yep. But there ya go, the rest of the crap in there is either stuff that found its way to me from friends or other stuff.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool Problem that came back to haunt me. Mar 23, 2017 11:21 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
I believe that one of your tags has a corrupted value, it's too large for an unsigned long data type.

Those "EXCEPTION halt" errors occur when you input a value into guerilla that doesn't mesh with what it really is.

For example, open a sound tag and delete one of the reflexives on bottom, that contain the different permutations. There's another value that is the "actual permutation count" or something similar; because there are less permutations than the tag lists it throws an exception similar to the one above.

In this case, unsigned longs can have values from 0 to 4,294,967,295. You must have a tag that stores data as an unsigned long, but has a value outside the bounds listed above.

Only way to fix is to replace all your tags, or try to remember which one you added and where the errors would be. If you just added a vehicle and this showed up, it's somewhere in the vehicle tag. Best way for you to debug this is to open your scenario and start deleting tags. Once the game runs properly, you know you've found where the error is. Now you can start digging deeper into the values in those tags to see what's wrong.

That's the thing it's a stock install of HEK and just a renamed Bloodgulch with nothing changed as a test.

Also only one on my PC

https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/6735-gridlock-unfinished-map-by-english-mobster/

There. a repost of a repost.

I posted this earlier on Open Carnage but withheld it from here mainly because laziness. So I found some old maps that are rather crap and found their way to me over the years, including a beta build of English Mobster's unfinished map Gridlock. Figure there is no harm since most of the people involved have moved on. Also included is a protected version of Yoyorast Island V2 I got from Inferno during the early testing periods of the map. Script built into the map will CTD Halo if you don't input a beta key. Said key is lost to time. The fact the script is even there is a bit funny.

https://mega.nz/#F!1oEhiDLb!P0Yr3Yal9EaBvxiFUsYK6A

Think I also included a map Inferno axed from TLMP because he didn't think it worthy enough. Halomaps filter won't let me post the name so eh
Edited by MS14A on Mar 23, 2017 at 12:55 PM
Edited by MS14A on Mar 23, 2017 at 12:56 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool Problem that came back to haunt me. Mar 23, 2017 12:47 PM (Total replies: 11)

Long story short

EAX: 0x00000000
EBX: 0x05E80001
ECX: 0x00000000
EDX: 0x00000000
EDI: 0x0018A320
ESI: 0x00000000
EBP: 0x0018A1F8
ESP: 0x0018A1E8
EIP: 0x77930C52, 83 C4 04 C2 ?????
EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\cache\cache_file_builder.c,#109: !((unsi
gned long)scratch&31)

I fixed it myself years ago and I forget how I fixed it. Was going to go back since Altis figured out how to synch AI and possibly revamp maps like THE_FLOODS and Area 53 to make AI synch just to get my hands dirty again but this error is bugging me. I've tried to compile a stock bloodgulch as a test of tool and this happened.

Halo CE General Discussion » Found these buried in my files. here ya go Mar 18, 2017 01:02 AM (Total replies: 5)

Nope, not even weapons which I've included. I actually tried to originally get these into Gmod but those attempts failed because I had to remake the entire skeleton from scratch due to ninjaripper not working properly and not taking the model's skeletons.

only real mecha I could say ever got into HCE would be the Nirvosh and Tachikoma

Quote: --- Original message by: Spiral

I mean if someone wants a shortcut to making this:
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/e/ef/Prototype_Suit_-_Prototype.png/revision/latest?cb=20100207012959
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/e/ef/Prototype_Suit_-_Prototype.png/revision/latest?cb=20100207012959
then good thing you posted these.
Edited by Spiral on Mar 17, 2017 at 11:37 PM

Take the SPv1 biped, uparmor that and you have the armor there. To be honest it's not just for HCE I'd consider this a general asset release.
Edited by MS14A on Mar 18, 2017 at 01:03 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Found these buried in my files. here ya go Mar 17, 2017 10:56 PM (Total replies: 5)

Right so posted this over at open carnage, but I found some old work of mine when I was ripping stuff. It's models and assets from UCGO, a defunct Mobile Suit Gundam MMO centered around the One Year War.

https://mega.nz/#!pZJwCSRK!3WB1xUGRCGWtMiiD01EOppFV1f3IlAuJ5RP9V1zn3_k

http://i.imgur.com/N15xBVR.png

http://i.imgur.com/zdPMtY9.png

Two examples shown are the MS-14A Gelgoog, a late OYW suit created by Zeonic from the principality of Zeon and the RX-78-1 Prototype Gundam, a test bed suit for the Federation Force's own MS technology (barring the Zanny)

http://i.imgur.com/urvWLwe.png

While the above shows suits there are more than that with several ships like the Zeon Musai and Federation Salamis class. Also enclosed in the archive is a bulk pack that has every weapon I could find in game.

Ultimately I'm dumping these so they may be of use to someone and figured the best way to do this would to just be seed various sites with the link. I did try to get the weapons and suits into New Vegas as armors but never got far.

Time: Sat November 18, 2017 5:12 AM 390 ms.
A Halo Maps Website