A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: natepley
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 20, 2018 03:45 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
natepley has contributed to 8 posts out of 467039 total posts (0.00%) in 406 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 20, 2018 03:45 AM (Total replies: 69)

Cool. Thanks! With non-yelo maps is it usually better to disable opensauce? Since chimera can do so many things now, like change fov and fix widescreen, does opensauce offer anything useful to non-yelo maps? The only thing I could think of would be anti-aliasing. Is there any way to activate anti-aliasing without opensauce?

I assume I won't have to worry about any of this with your remake of Lumoria. I guess you'll make everything work well with opensauce. But I'm still curious as I like to play other maps on CE sometimes (some .map and some .yelo).

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 20, 2018 12:33 AM (Total replies: 69)

Yeah, but I already have opensauce installed in both my SPV3 folder and my CE folder. Sometimes I want to play other .yelo maps on CE. Is there an easy way to disable opensauce temporarily (like removing or renaming a certain file)?

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 19, 2018 10:59 PM (Total replies: 69)

So If I disable Opensauce, Lumoria will look better? Is there an easy way to disable and enable Opensauce so I can play Lumoria without it and then play SPV3 with it?

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 19, 2018 04:28 AM (Total replies: 69)

I just played through Lumoria and enjoyed it. However, it reminded me of how bad objects look in fog on Halo CE. Antecedent Sage and all the space ships in the last level all looked as if they had been dipped in translucent white paint. If I recall correctly, Halo PC doesn't have this issue. It's too bad that Halo PC can't play custom maps so we could get around that problem.

Anyways, I was wondering, since doesn't work right in CE wouldn't it make sense to just not use fog so we avoid crappy looking objects in the distance? I believe even SPV3 suffered a little bit from this in the opening cutscene of the Maw with the Pillar of Autumn and some of the wreckage not looking right because of fog. Would removing fog entirely look even worse or would it remedy the problem?

Also (sorry to mention your nemesis, Masterz) would the fix suggested by Halonimator here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50277&start=36 (at the bottom of the page) fix or help the problem?
Edited by natepley on Mar 19, 2018 at 04:29 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 5, 2018 11:08 AM (Total replies: 69)

This sounds really awesome! I'm looking forward to it. If you want to extend the maps, maybe you could use some unused sections from SPV2. I love going back and playing SPV2 sometimes - especially Halo - since many of the extra areas don't show up in SPV3.

I'll also add my name to the list of people who definitely want to hear Blow Me Away in SPV3 Lumoria.

Adding wildlife to Lumoria would make sense since it's a planet, but I'm not sure if it would make sense for blind wolves to be there since they live on halo... Even if it didn't make sense I think they'd add some atmosphere and gameplay options to Lumoria.
Edited by natepley on Mar 5, 2018 at 11:09 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC2 + OS compat fix Jun 23, 2017 11:54 AM (Total replies: 126)

Thanks very much! Just a couple days ago, I actually found another way to use a borderless window without HAC2, so I don't really need HAC2 at the moment. For those interested, DxWnd is an application that allows you to run Halo in a borderless window. Just follow the directions here:
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Halo:_Combat_Evolved#Windowed
Edited by natepley on Jun 23, 2017 at 11:55 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC2 + OS compat fix Jun 8, 2017 12:09 PM (Total replies: 126)

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know! Is there another thread or another site with more up-to-date news on this? Or is this thread the place to find out when a breakthrough is made?

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC2 + OS compat fix Jun 7, 2017 01:01 PM (Total replies: 126)

Is any progress still being made on a fix for Windows 10? My interest in HAC2 is actually just the ability to use a fullscreen borderless window. That way, Halo CE will be compatible with f.lux and players will be able to more comfortably play at night. All that I need from HAC2 is 1920x1080 resolution in windowed mode. I only play single-player, particularly SPV3, so I need Opensauce. Btcc, is there any more simple way add this resolution option into Halo or do I need to install the complete HAC2 whenever it becomes compatible with Opensauce? Thanks!

Time: Tue July 17, 2018 1:45 AM 265 ms.
A Halo Maps Website