A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Archangel470
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 2, 2017 10:29 AM
Interests: Video Games, Source Filmmaker, Movies, etc.
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play: Various

Post Statistics
Archangel470 has contributed to 14 posts out of 464316 total posts (0.00%) in 77 days (.18 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Incursion Sep 2, 2017 10:29 AM (Total replies: 12)

I honestly haven't done a single thing.

I want to see this come to life in some way, but I've no modding experience. I'm also lacking energy at this moment in time.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Incursion Sep 2, 2017 09:31 AM (Total replies: 12)

I made that for someone's birthday. XD

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Gamenight! - August 27th Aug 27, 2017 11:24 AM (Total replies: 21)

Shame. Hopefully things can be resolved soon so that the next session is more stable. :(

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Incursion Aug 26, 2017 02:02 PM (Total replies: 12)

Haven't really gotten far with the story yet, only with the locations and names of the protagonist/antagonist.

Might have to watch some stuff to get some ideas.

That being said, I'd like to try and get the biped done first, then test it in game.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Gamenight! - August 27th Aug 22, 2017 09:41 AM (Total replies: 21)

Just downloaded and checked out the maps we'll be playing. They're all decent and I think I'll defintely enjoy playing with you guys!

HOWEVER..... I seem to be having a serious issue on the Star Wars map, where it crashes the whole game after about 30-45 seconds of playing. If I can't get this fixed, I may need to have a time out while you do that map.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Incursion Aug 14, 2017 06:01 AM (Total replies: 12)

To show that I'm serious about this, unlike the many ideas I had in the past, I'm gonna try and make a biped for Ben. I have the model, but have no clue on how to rig it as a biped for Halo CE.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Incursion Aug 14, 2017 03:49 AM (Total replies: 12)

I will strive to get this idea to fruition as much as I can. Campaigns like Takedown and Lumoria further drive my interest to see this get made.

However, I currently lack the modding skills that some talented people here already have. Rest assured, I will see this done.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Incursion Aug 13, 2017 07:00 PM (Total replies: 12)

Hello, everyone. I'm here to discuss about a potential idea for a Halo story. Since I don't own the Halo franchise, I can't make it as an official product. However, I'm confident that it might live as a modded campaign for Halo CE. I'll update this thread should I come up with new ideas for the project!

Story

Called 'Halo: Incursion', the campaign would be set in 2553, specifically 2-3 months after the events on the Ark in Halo 3. The Human-Covenant war may be over, but small bands of Covenant still exist, still hanging onto the belief that humanity's destruction is the will of their gods.

The story would resolve around Ben-D279, a surviving Spartan-III from the Human-Covenant war. At the time of Incursion, Ben is stationed on the UNSC colony of Talitsa. Following a surprise attack by a group of Covenant led by a Jiralhanae named Vartueus, Ben is dispatched to track down and eliminate Vartueus, before he could start another conflict with Earth and her colonies.

Characters

Ben-D279

A surviving Spartan-III from the Human Covenant war, part of Delta Company. In October of 2552, Ben was sent along with a squad of Spartan IIIs to retrieve vital intel that was stolen by the Covenant. Although the intel was secured the squad was wiped out, with Ben returning as the only survivor. In a critical condition, his life was saved by going through procedures. After recovering, his original Spartan-III armor was too badly damaged to be used again. And so, Ben was upgraded to the MJOLNIR Mark VI armor that was utilised by the Master Chief in the final months of the war. To help differentiate himself from the Spartan-IIs, he was given the standard helmet that would be provided to all recruits of the impending Spartan-IV program, as well as giving his armor a custom paint job.

Ben considers himself to be one of 'the lucky ones'. While nowhere near as strong as the Chief, a Spartan-II, Ben has come back from every single one of his missions alive.

Vartueus

Not much is known about this Jiralhanae, other than the fact that he hates humanity with a passion. He would love nothing more than to see the Covenant re-united and attempt hard retaliation at the UNSC for the deaths of the prophets Regret, Mercy and Truth.

Locations

At the time, I currently have two locations in mind: Talista and Installation 02. Might add another location or two, but I don't know yet.

This is an ambitious idea of mine that I would love to see come to fruition in one form or another. As such, any feedback would be appreciated. I currently have nothing to show yet, as I have no experience in modding, but if this does become a thing, I'll hope to get something out A.S.A.P.

If you have any questions, fire them my way, too!

Concept shot, I guess, made in Source Filmmaker by user BossVeteran.

Edited by Archangel470 on Aug 13, 2017 at 07:06 PM

Interesting video. I'll have to check all these out A.S.A.P.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Gamenight! - August 27th Aug 12, 2017 12:58 PM (Total replies: 21)

You know what? Think I'll pop on for a hangout! :)

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Stages Aug 12, 2017 12:57 PM (Total replies: 1)

I sadly missed out on the show, since I have had a major absence from Halo: CE.

However, now that I'm back, I'll check these stages out! :)

I'm gonna have to check Takedown out. Recently re-installed Halo CE due to the various mods that I'm now seeing for the first time.

Of course, I'll aim to beat Introduction and Project Lawson before Extermination is finished. Looking forward to the release! :)

UPDATE: I've played through Introduction and Project Lawson. Absolutely amazing! Kinda makes me want to make a campaign with my Spartan. Looking forward to Extermination!
Edited by Archangel470 on Aug 6, 2017 at 10:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » A Basic Introduction Aug 6, 2017 02:06 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

I think making bipeds is kind of fun, but if you're new to Halo Custom Edition, here's some tips for making character tags(.biped)

A post about JM-Animation filetypes.

With this game, once you've installed the HEK, you'll have a data\ and tags\ folder. When making a new asset to play with, use the data\ folder first. It should have some basic textures, and a sample level.

Here's an example of how a character folder should look, and where TOOL will look for characters:

data\
http://i.imgur.com/1TYT3Lz.png

- - - - -

I'm definitely not well-versed enough to help you though but I can at least point out some bare-minimums to start with. So try looking around for better tutorials or hope someone else decides to post something xD

First off, if you don't have 3dsmax8 or older, you'll need a set of maxscripts for the newer versions:

• A JMS exporter(I use bobbysoon's jms exporter 104e)

• A JM-Animation exporter(I use CAD Animation exporter(comes with two scripts, I use the compact version because the regular one doesn't work))

• An animation importer(If you're going to go reverse-engineer//study other people's animations for reference)

Secondly, make sure your character is facing positive X in 3dsmax and its bones start with " Bip01_ "

Though if you ask around, people have made working tools for Maya and Blender

At the very minimum, a character in halo needs a #body node and a #head node for TOOL to recognize and compile it. Here's an example of how that looks in 3dsmax:

http://i.imgur.com/kkbS537.png

If you go back up and look at the first image, you'll see some animations ending in .JMA that have similar sounding names:

:SEAT: :WEAPON: :ANIMATION: .TYPE.

A character's default animation is usually " stand unarmed idle.JMA "
--- This is intentional, because when TOOL compiles a new animation_graph, it uses pre-existing names, the default seat of a biped tag is called stand, the default base weapon pose is called unarmed, and the default animation that plays upon spawning your character into a world is called idle. Always make your idle pose first, then a head-turn graph, if you want the head to turn with the camera.

You don't need ANY animations to spawn a character, so that's one less step to take to test character models

Wellp! That's all I know without making myself sound stupid, hopefully others can help you out
Maybe just start simple, and rig whatever you're going to make to something else's bones, like the cyborg skeleton. So you'll only have to make a model and nothing else

BTW, the ( Before you ask how to edit/make maps - Read This ) topic has a lot of useful posts that go in-depth about texture, tag, and animation requirements. Have a look around.

- - - - - - - -

http://i.imgur.com/T6h8nXS.png
Edited by OrangeJuice on Aug 6, 2017 at 05:35 AM
Edited by OrangeJuice on Aug 6, 2017 at 05:41 AM

That's..... quite a lot for me to swallow at the minute. I'll try and wrap my head around it eventually once I get a better understanding on how rigging bipeds work.

I can't post images yet, but here's what my Spartan looks like for those who are curious.

http://pre01.deviantart.net/f388/th/pre/f/2017/195/d/a/homecoming__sfm_portrait__by_archangel470-dbgapnp.jpg

Halo CE General Discussion » A Basic Introduction Aug 5, 2017 10:47 PM (Total replies: 4)

Greetings, fellow Spartans (and Elites!)!

I first discovered this site in 2008 (which is also when I first discovered Halo Custom Edition!). For the next 2-3 years, I had fun playing in various roleplaying and custom servers on various maps, ranging from Extinction and Coldsnap to Yoyorast Island and the RPG Beta series! However, my interest natually, slowly faded away.

Recently, a user by the name of BossVeteran (You might know him or not!) talked about a few mods for Halo PC to help me with inspiration for my SFM work (I'm an amateur Source Filmmaker artist, too!). Having seen stuff like Takedown, Project Lumoria and SOI has convinced me to return to the Custom Edition space once more. I did express with him a desire to one day port my personal Spartan into the game to play around with. While I won't be begging anyone in particular to make a biped model, any help, tips and guides for me would be appreciated!

It's been a long time since I played Custom Edition. Let's hope it's still as fun as I remember it to be, and hope this community is a great one!
Edited by Archangel470 on Aug 6, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Time: Fri October 20, 2017 11:01 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website