A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SomeFan
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 13, 2018 06:50 PM
Interests: many & varied
Your Age: old enough
What Games do you play: Halo, Teeworlds
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
SomeFan has contributed to 43 posts out of 467277 total posts (.01%) in 349 days (.12 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Campaign Request For Halo ce Jul 13, 2018 06:50 PM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
It was tried, there were problems, people gave up on it. If you trawl through the back posts you will find a tread of mine that contains a link to the only map that was ported. You welcome to try and get it to work if you want. The map was the level delta halo.

here are some relevant threads, seems the same questions get asked every two years....

Halo 2 campaign for Halo CE

Halo 2 Campaign

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
HAC2 and opensauce don't work together on anything but windows 7 and older in most cases. Some people do have them working together, but even with the fix, my game simply loads opensauce and HAC2 disables itself before the game launches, that's totally not a fix.
Edited by OrangeJuice on Jul 2, 2018 at 05:04 PM

not totally true , here https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7158-opensauce-v4-hac2-compatibility-fixes-for-halo-ce-v10/ i detail how to run HAC2 & OpenSuace on Windows 8-10, & the "Fix" does not disable HAC2(at least for me on windows 7). OS development ended in 2015.

now with that out of the way i thank for helping Noobs, one can't know every thing anyway.

Edited by SomeFan on Jul 6, 2018 at 07:38 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » sup Jun 21, 2018 01:58 AM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pantsu

Is this place slowly dying?

Yes

SBB_Michelle: nice descriptions on those Guilds(servers), here is my list with every one i could find. http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50594

R93_Sniper; try using the URL BBcode

Halo CE General Discussion » What happened to the CMT SPV3 Bonus Maps? Jun 11, 2018 12:53 AM (Total replies: 8)

You should check out CMT's current home https://www.reddit.com/r/halospv3/

so here is how it went down

• Masterz1337 starts to mod the Campaign, others join him, they what to add a few more levels

• they release there mod of the original first six missions, the extra levels are cut,

• they release the last fore missions, including a Moded version of TSC:Evolved

• they what to make an ODST campaign codenamed "OddBall", but this is canceled

• they now plan on adding to, changing, & fixing there SPV3 Mod for the future

for more details try looking at there Reddit or Discord. i know my details are wrong but it gives you an idea of what happened, where's Massterz when we want him?

Edited by SomeFan on Jun 21, 2018 at 01:51 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » THEY FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jun 11, 2018 12:25 AM (Total replies: 8)

"Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive." i won't be playing that any time soon. long live Halo Custom Edition on windows XP!

Halo CE General Discussion » MCC Bringing Halo CE maps to Xbox Apr 19, 2018 12:40 AM (Total replies: 17)

Cool! try the URL BBcode https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-3

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] contingency Apr 8, 2018 03:27 PM (Total replies: 3)

so whats the point of mirroring that post on your own forum/site?

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 8, 2018 03:07 PM (Total replies: 52)

so one thinks stunt man's discord is worth adding to my list? can i have an invite please?

lol the invite in the picture is just fine, it's that i guess i can't read, i though the last letter was a Y not a v.

people hate me just for the fact i do the right thing, as they do Sparky, this i have come to grips with. preaching is like love: given freely with out condition. we are all sinners & deserve to die. me especially, it feel like that some times

Quote: I leave for months or years, I come back and post some topics and get no replies (e.g. ignored).
i feel like that some times. but as R93_Sniper says "Get over yourself and your delusions of importance and adequacy" life is hard, boy do i feel it. peace, or God forgive us!

P.S. i don't take 'sides', is not me & sparky versus you or something like that, i do as i see best in the moment & thats all.

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 7, 2018 07:58 PM (Total replies: 52)

Sorry man, i agree that is is no longer what is was. i shall rename it to "Halo CE Hell" with (once a good Guild) as that seems fitting now, you where what made it special, like how masterz makes SPV3 what it is, same goes for SBB Storm of storm & blackbird. how ever sad it my be i'm not morning the past. if your server seems fitting i will add it to the list, but first i need an invite link, yes the one you gave does not work for me, feel free to DM me anytime.

Halo CE General Discussion » Host LAN Server on devmode? Apr 7, 2018 12:34 AM (Total replies: 3)

well than use ether HAC2(devmode 1) or Chimera(chimera_devmode true) to enable Developer mode once your in-game, not before.

lazy one here, i quick google search for "halo ce chimera" brings you right to https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/6916-chimera-build-49/&page=1 which states:

Is Chimera compatible with HAC2 and Open Sauce?

Yes.

Masterz I.G. CMT even includes Chimera in SPV3, which uses the latest version of OpenSauce & has (according to them) over 100K downloads, so ya put your mind at ease, they are as compatible as compatible can be!
Edited by SomeFan on Apr 5, 2018 at 11:55 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bypassing Max Draw Distance with OpenSauce Apr 5, 2018 11:43 PM (Total replies: 8)

not that i know anything but i remember a tool that did this, seems i way to start is using "cheat engine" to modify memory addresses. so ya hope fully some who knows how will respond. maybe 002 can make chimera do this? he's already depreciated many functions of HAC2, why not this.

Halo CE General Discussion » Host LAN Server on devmode? Apr 5, 2018 11:35 PM (Total replies: 3)

so you can play LAN games normally with out Dev mode?

Halo CE General Discussion » making Halo great again Apr 1, 2018 12:43 AM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64
a majority of the active halo Ce community has shuffled on to discord. i still check the forums for old times sake but discords where its at if you want to find players and have a community

got a bunch of links to Halo related Discord Servers R.I.P. this place.
Edited by SomeFan on Apr 1, 2018 at 12:43 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Stock doesn't support playing external media. Add-ons can allow you to do more, such as opensauce allowing .BIK files to be played (As far as I know, OS is the only one to allow video playing ingame). Technically chimera supports it by using LUA to run commands directly on your computer; have it open up a regular media player on their PC.
also those video's are locked down to 640x480, here's the thread . thats all i know :)

so you say chimera's Lua scripting allows a map to open a program on your PC?! does this sound ripe for abuse to anyone else?
EDIT: thanks kirby_422 AKA 'public enemy number 1' your the best.

Edited by SomeFan on Apr 2, 2018 at 01:05 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » The Essential Mapping Pack [By Halonimator] Mar 17, 2018 12:33 AM (Total replies: 14)

Not sure if these tools are even relevant anymore but i will link them here any way

HMT-halo map tools for modding Halo PC

mediafire mirror http://www.mediafire.com/download/87rda6d80i1ba6g/hMA+[v1.1].exe {source}

Edited by SomeFan on Mar 17, 2018 at 12:38 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Is Modacity dead Mar 14, 2018 03:16 PM (Total replies: 16)

i have found that modcity hosts an archive thats still viewable! also the HEK tutorial works. if you have an account the site will run almost normally, but registering is nearly impossible, i have tried!

EDIT: so after some pushing of the Administration i got an account to share with you, it can not post but it will allow you to get on just one last time to save the things you need too, i urge you to save it soon. "clrl" + "s" for a local copy.

User Name:
  For public use 

Password:
 RealyReeIY#@rDpa$$9736 

it's quite likely someone will change the password, PM me & i will reset it. if this happens too often it will be by PM only! play nice children

but i'm really glad that site is dead, a new & better site has
taken it's place open carnage & it's like ten times better, heres a thread about why the old one sucked http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49069

there is always https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/forums/halo-1-and-pc-modding.17/ i found an old halomods forum archive

here's an old CMT thread on the internet archive, ain't it grand what can be saved?
Note for Dennis: i have permission from the site Administrator to do this.
Edited by SomeFan on Mar 14, 2018 at 05:17 PM
Edited by SomeFan on Mar 15, 2018 at 11:51 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Austen1000 Campaign Port Download Mar 9, 2018 02:38 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Vergil
Can someone upload a copy of Austen1000's campaign port to download? He took the only link down for some reason.

see here for a download link http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50647
austen1000's Original post about it

for austen1000: i don't know whats wrong with you, but once you let something out on the internet it won't die if people don't want it too, you have degraded your own work needlessly & have made people question youy sanity. this is of course your choice, but i will actively go against this insanity.
Edited by SomeFan on Apr 2, 2018 at 12:06 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » My thoughts on some Firefight maps i played Mar 8, 2018 02:07 AM (Total replies: 3)

i will try to better describe my feelings

yes i have, thats the first one i tried, will added.

Halo CE General Discussion » My thoughts on some Firefight maps i played Mar 7, 2018 03:48 PM (Total replies: 3)

Firefight maps i tried, my options on how they "play" .

• Floodfright
  • my rating: 5
    many weapons to play with, not much other then a quick point & shoot affair

• Firefight Relic
  • my rating: 3
    simplistic, spanish, you play as a Elite & fight Spartans & lots of flood & some sentinels rather boring, you seem to have to track down the AI for an encounter, there is little here to sustain my interest as shooting the AI gets old fast

• Firefight Fissurefall
  • my rating: 7
    a challenging fun way to play, too hard for me, use strategy for this simple yet hard fight

• Repression Firefight
  • my rating: 3
    good looking reach tags but get boring after about ten Minutes & has AI issues. needs something different to keep me entertained, i like the looks of it but there is so much that needs to be here. it's to repetitive to play.

• Solitude Firefight
    some how i feel weak, but it's a cool challenge, AI's can hide & make finishing a round a boring task

• Firefight Portent
  • my rating: 9
    FUN is the word here, scripting allows you to keep your self entertained & strategize

• Firefight Airlock
    Simplistic yet fun, lets the Halo 1 style shine bright, epic Sloow mo feature

• Mystic Firefight Demo
  • my rating: 6
    large beautiful ares, weak player must use vehicle to win. not much in terms of gameplay, but the scenery looks great

• Timberlandfirefight
    simple. fun, try to save your allies & kill the enemy. what more is there to want?

• Odst Ascension Firefight
  • my rating: 6
    point & shoot at it's best, have fun with one life

• {h3} Odst Firefight Airlock
    if you like feeling weak & dieing a lot

• Firefight Descent
  • my rating: 10
    slowly gets harder, so no matter your skill level you can still have fun. mixes the encounters up just right: not to much of one thing for it to get boring doing it, not so much
    changes you feel like your still learning the 'feel' of how it plays. nothing feels random, skill is how you win. this is by far the best Halo CE map i have ever played

• B40 Firefight
  • my rating: 9
    well balanced, forces your encounters just enough, a quintessential firefight: keeps you fighting in a slightly varied manner against a variety of enemy's. this feel comfortable, like i have i have played it before, i think this is because it uses standard stuff & i like that. keeps me coming back :)

Halo CE SP Maps i tried

• Reality: ODST

Very hard, makes you think a lot, would give it a higher rating (i like ODST) but it's too hard. i seem to die randomly & without my control at some parts, there is no fun in that. i feel way to power less.

if you have any thoughts feel free to post them
Edited by SomeFan on Mar 7, 2018 at 09:59 PM added a SP map thought. i'll try to give more details now. added Firefight Descent Edited by SomeFan on Mar 8, 2018 at 02:31 AM | B40 Firefight

Edited by SomeFan on Mar 17, 2018 at 09:04 PM

Time: Fri August 17, 2018 3:08 PM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website