A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Zarnubius
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 1, 2017 08:19 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Zarnubius has contributed to 5 posts out of 464825 total posts (0.00%) in 75 days (.07 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » UI.map issue, now affects whole install Oct 1, 2017 08:19 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

Make sure you're running as an administator, you may be using cached files if you don't

Tried this, same result.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » UI.map issue, now affects whole install Oct 1, 2017 02:49 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

You're using the wrong language version of Halo is what it sounds like. The UI.map from English won't have the same offsets to bitmaps as the UI.map from Spanish, for example.

That's what i thought, so then I specifically went back and reinstalled the English language version of the game with the same ui.map and everything. Now when I load the game I can't even see anything; it just boots me back to the desktop although the game still seems to be running in the background. When I close the program, I just get gathering exception error. At this point I have no idea what the issue would be.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » UI.map issue, now affects whole install Sep 30, 2017 01:43 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Try reinstalling using this procedure.

Same result using this installation guide as using the regular one.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » UI.map issue, now affects whole install Sep 30, 2017 09:55 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

HaloPC and CE are really old games, if you don't update them to 1.10, they often choose not to run at all on new hardware

Oh and the bare minimum amount of maps needed to run HaloCE(properly) are:

• bitmaps.map

• loc.map

• sounds.map

• ui.map

(and I forgot what fixes the rainbow artifacts(if the 1.10 patch doesn't. I assume it fixes it))
Edited by OrangeJuice on Sep 29, 2017 at 10:27 PM

Patch hasn't helped whatsoever, every install I have run the patch and the same problem exists.
Edited by Zarnubius on Sep 30, 2017 at 09:56 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » UI.map issue, now affects whole install Sep 29, 2017 06:05 PM (Total replies: 9)

About a week ago I decided to clear out my map files to get rid of maps I didn't need since they were taking up space. I ended up accidentally deleting ui.map, which I quickly realized while trying to load the game again. I then attempted to put back in the default ui.map, causing everything to look all rainbow and strange. Lastly, I attempted to put back in the universal ui.map that I had used before deleting the map files, which worked except for the strange rainbow-like artifacts on the screen. However, I couldn't load a game like this.

I uninstalled, and reinstalled my game to the same directory. Now, when the game loads it just sends me back to the desktop and it says there's been a Gathering Exceptions error. Tried another reinstall, no luck. Not sure where to go from here. Any advice would be appreciated.

Time: Tue December 12, 2017 9:03 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website