A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Sargent 0
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 08:33 PM
Interests: stuff
Your Age: 14
What Games do you play: Call of Duty
Accurate Depiction of me. ↑

Post Statistics
Sargent 0 has contributed to 41 posts out of 465675 total posts (.01%) in 91 days (.45 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » None of my maps are building in os_tool Yesterday @ 08:33 PM (Total replies: 0)

os_tool keeps on giving EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION every time I try to build my map. (BTW I'm using tags from Altehros's c40 map. Also, this error just appeared out of nowhere. This isn't the first time I'm using Altehros's tags(I made a couple test maps)). I updated my ogg encoder files and my map still isn't building. Whats happening

Engine Mod: cache will use mod-set 'test'
Invalid format in data file data_files\-bitmaps
### FAILED TO OPEN DATA-CACHE FILE.

Invalid format in data file data_files\-sounds

Invalid format in data file data_files\-loc

pre-processing custom tag instances...
done
culling uncompressed model vertices...done
culling uncompressed structure bsp vertices...done
culling uncompressed model animation data...done
building predicted resources for structures...done
building predicted resources for custom tag instances...done
structure bsp 'levels\test\tutorial\tutorial' is 0.26M
tag headers and names are 0.42M
streaming model vertex and index buffers...done
streaming tagsEAX: 0x00000000
EBX: 0x00000000
ECX: 0x4A159248
EDX: 0x07542A2C
EDI: 0x00000000
ESI: 0x010A11C0
EBP: 0x0019A1B8
ESP: 0x0019A148
EIP: 0x004BA29B, 8B 04 18 03 ?????
5F796B73 ?????
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

EXCEPTION (that's all I know!)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iiep9779mrz8fn1/50329942-a896-4243-b33d-8d4d927f0e52.zip <-Link to crashrpt

HOLDUP

I fixed it. there was just a couple broken scenery tags in the test map
Edited by Sargent 0 on Feb 18, 2018 at 08:40 PM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Feb 18, 2018 at 08:41 PM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Feb 18, 2018 at 08:52 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » just wondering Jan 25, 2018 08:07 PM (Total replies: 1)

how do you create a moving crosshair or reticle, for weapons, like in hr or h4?
Edited by Sargent 0 on Jan 25, 2018 at 08:10 PM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Jan 25, 2018 at 08:41 PM

Is their like a H2EK+ or something. what do I use. I tried using refinery but it says it cant extract any xbox bitmaps

Halo CE General Discussion » quick question Jan 17, 2018 08:28 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Quote: --- Original message by: Sargent 0
no i meant something else. See these elite bipeds(http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6854). I want these elites to have the same ai as the ones in halo 2. Thats why i was looking for a map including an elite with halo 2 ai. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5wQR3ugr4) see how these elites act and function like the ones in halo 2.

Ehh, you don't really know what it is you're looking at.

What you see is animations playing. There are elite animations from Halo 2. There are animations for how they walk, how they carry the weapons, how they fire. These were ripped and ported into the game, or possibly from later games.

What we call AI is a tagpair that determines when they dive from grenades, how often they look for cover, when they go berserk and charge or when they're afraid of their teammates dying and retreat.

Then there's the ingame AI engine, which takes all that data and uses it to control a biped. This is in the executable file itself. Completely untouchable. You can't port the logic code from Halo 2 into Halo 1.

Again, what you're seeing in that video is just updated models and animations. Same AI.

oh ok. So how would I update this elite bipeds model and animations(http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6854) can I just replace its model_collision geomotry and model_animations or theres more to it. I tried doing it and this is what I get in my debug

>
Biped halo3\objects\characters\elite\elite's animation node 1 isn't set up for limp body physics
the model 'halo3\objects\characters\elite\elite' and the animation graph 'halo3\objects\characters\elite\elite' don't match
the object 'halo3\objects\characters\elite\elite' will not animate
the model 'halo3\objects\characters\elite\elite' and the collision model 'halo3\objects\characters\elite\elite' don't match (node counts don't match)
<
Edited by Sargent 0 on Jan 17, 2018 at 08:29 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » quick question Jan 17, 2018 07:39 AM (Total replies: 6)

no i meant something else. See these elite bipeds(http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6854). I want these elites to have the same elite animations as the ones in halo 2. Thats why i was looking for a map including an elite with halo 2 ai. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5wQR3ugr4) see how these elites act and function like the ones in halo 2. I shouldve picked better videos.
EDIT: I think i found dreamwebs halo 2 elite animations in elite.model_animations
Edited by Sargent 0 on Jan 17, 2018 at 07:50 AM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Jan 17, 2018 at 07:52 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » quick question Jan 17, 2018 07:39 AM (Total replies: 6)

Edited by Sargent 0 on Jan 17, 2018 at 07:51 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » quick question Jan 17, 2018 02:50 AM (Total replies: 6)

ok so i spent all day looking for a map with elites that have halo 2 ai. I found project dreamweb and i successfully placed h2a elite bipeds and actors. what i want to do is transfer that halo 2 elite ai to other elite bipeds with halo ce elite ai. how would i do this. Kind of hard to explain.

I want elite with this kind of ai (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjocEgJkL1M) rather than this elite ai (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC7D-6904qY)

Halo CE General Discussion » why Jan 16, 2018 07:55 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG

why my pp go hard whenever I see spv3? like holy crap Masterz is so talented and we can't fortget his other work like project dreamweb

Masterz is the only modder
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jan 16, 2018 at 10:42 AM

..... just stop
Edited by Sargent 0 on Jan 16, 2018 at 07:55 PM

https://imgur.com/a/ywThH
why. hope the textures aren't suddenly corrupt.

Halo CE General Discussion » update Jan 16, 2018 07:45 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
They should have stepped on more than the screen.

-_-

Halo CE General Discussion » script question Jan 14, 2018 08:09 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: Inigo_Montoya
Quote: --- Original message by: Sargent 0
Does anyone know how to make a script, which kills all actor varients upon their first and second spawn? I'm tired of using cheat_medusa.

(global AI undesirables MyEncounter)

(script startup killswitch_engage
(sleep_until (> 0(list_count (ai_actors (undesirables)))) 5)
(ai_kill_silent undesirables)
(sleep 15)
(sleep_until (> 0(list_count (ai_actors (undesirables)))) 5)
(ai_kill_silent undesirables)
)

replace myencounter with the ai name

nvm. I'll just continue using cheat_medusa. Theyres like over 50 encounters in my map

Halo CE General Discussion » script question Jan 14, 2018 02:43 PM (Total replies: 3)

Does anyone know how to make a script, which kills all actor varients upon their first and second spawn? I'm tired of using cheat_medusa.

Halo CE General Discussion » update Jan 14, 2018 02:39 PM (Total replies: 6)

In Mid-Christmas break, someone stepped on my laptop, resulting in SPV3 tagset being heavily delayed. Luckily, only the screen was damaged. Having my screen replaced recently, I managed to make slight progress by making a new test map sided with a couple new character factions and vehicles.

Beta Test Map:

I will release a beta test map soon, including a vast majority of characters, weapons, equipment, and vehicles. You may notice how a handful of character and weapon attributes have been either buffed or nerfed, in the test map(e.g. shotgun damage is half of what it used to be), because I wanted SPV3's overall feel and setting similar to h2 and h3. (Original SPV3 tagset(buggy) will be included in the release for anyone who wants to customize their attributes). Tags, from the test map, will not be ready to extract...yet. Their sound files are buggy and need to be recompiled.

kbai
Edited by Sargent 0 on Jan 14, 2018 at 02:46 PM

Ok so I want to play my spv3 test map in multiplayer. the problem is that halo ce crashes because some of the maps bitmaps are larger than expected as said in the debug output

>
\-bitmaps: Tried to add item ui\shell\bitmaps\cursor__pixels with different size (4900) than expected (4096).
12.10.17 18:52:49 data_files\-bitmaps: Tried to add item ui\shell\bitmaps\background__pixels with different size (8) than expected (262144).
12.10.17 18:52:49 data_files\-bitmaps: Tried to add item levels\test\beavercreek\bitmaps\beaver ladder bump__pixels with different size (87381) than expected (349524)
<

So, is there any way I can convert my spv3 test map to a multiplayer map? My test map loads perfectly in singleplayer btw.

EDIT: FYI I am using "Universal UI" provided by CMT.
Edited by Sargent 0 on Dec 10, 2017 at 10:20 PM

Can you tell me how you fixed this sound?

EDIT: Oh I get it now I just realized.

Quote: So like, if a permutation named "test" had 3 pieces, they'd export as test__0.ogg, test__1.ogg, and test__2.ogg.

This fixed my problem. you just need to piece together these 3 things and make a sound tag in guerilla
Edited by Sargent 0 on Dec 9, 2017 at 04:28 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
These errors are cryptic and hard to understand. Usually and error like this means something is corrupt rather than missing. If it were missing it would tell us the path of the missing tag, rather than spew hex errors.

Have you tried placing the shredder as a weapon individually in-game to test that the weapon works independently of the brute? This would start narrowing down the problematic tag. I am assuming the brute works fine as you have tested it in other .actor_variants.

Also, usually CMT does a tag release of everything used in the SPv(x) maps. This would avoid the headache of ripping and having to fix the tags altogether. I have not checked to see if Masterz or anyone else on CMT has done this, or if they plan to do it. Though I do know Masterz does visit these forums from time to time and may be able to give insight.

Check out this thread. I just need to recompile a couple corrupt sounds >http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50481< and >http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50389< I just don't know how to recompile properly

Quote: It's not very simple. First you'll need to understand how sounds work, and get a crash course in compiling them. There are 3 main "sections" to a sound tag: pitch ranges, permutations, and samples.

Pitch ranges aren't too important since they are only used for a couple things, but they're basically pre-recorded variants of a sound that the game uses in certain instances where the sound changes based on some variable. Like, the warthog has 4 pitch ranges for how hard the engine is working: idling, low rpm, medium rpm, and high rpm. I don't think any of these sounds you'll need to fix will use anything other than the default pitch range though, but it's nice to know about this.

Permutations are different versions of a sound that get chosen to play randomly. Like, the sound of glass breaking has around 10 permutations, this way it usually sounds different each time a piece of glass breaks.

Samples are the actual audio data that's read when a permutation is chosen to play. Sometimes the size of the permutation is too large to fit in one chunk of samples, so tool splits it across multiple chunks of samples and then chains them together.

When Refinery exports a permutation it tries to put together all of the pieces of each permutation into a single audio file, but the only format it cant do it for is ogg. Instead it'll export each piece as a separate ogg file with "__X" on the end, where X is the piece's number. So like, if a permutation named "test" had 3 pieces, they'd export as test__0.ogg, test__1.ogg, and test__2.ogg.

You'll have to load maps containing each messed up sound into Refinery and extract their data(the ogg files) to your data folder. For each tag whose ogg sound you extracted, navigate to the folder they extracted to and open up an audio editing program(I recommend Audacity).

You'll need to piece these ogg samples together yourself in the audio editing program. After you do, save the permutation as a 16bit PCM WAV file to the same folder with the same name as the permutation. So like, after piecing together those test__X.ogg you'd save it as test.wav

After you've done this for all the permutations of one of the sounds, you'll need to remove all the ogg files from the folders(probably move them just in case you need them later). The reason for this is tool will try to import ALL files in the sound folder, even if they're not wav.

After you've done this, open a cmd prompt, cd into the directory with tool.exe, and type:

tool sounds "ENTER_PATH_TO_SOUND_FOLDER_HERE" ogg 1

and it should compile the fixed sound. as an example, if you were trying to fix:
cmt\sounds\sfx\weapons\covenant\focus_carbine\animations\ready.sound

you would type in:
tool sounds "cmt\sounds\sfx\weapons\covenant\focus_carbine\animations\ready" ogg 1

Also, before you compile any sounds, replace the vorbisenc.dll, vorbis.dll, vorbisfile.dll, and ogg.dll in your Halo Custom Edition directory with these ones(in case you never did):
hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1632

The reason being the ones that shipped with CE are out of date, buggy, and frequently cause tool to crash. If anyone here knows something I forgot to mention, feel free to join in.

I don't really get what you want me to piece together in audacity. Here what I would do when compiling a sound.

1. Data extraction. Get 6 ogg files (permutations) in my debug folder
data: cmt\sounds\dialog\characters\covenant\hunter\h2_deeper\exclamations\berserk.sound

The next thing what I suppose you do is open up a permutation in audacity and piece together stuff. I'm not really sure what kind of stuff your supposed to piece together. So, I just piece together the 6 permutations and save it as a 16 bit PCM. Then I compile it using os_tool using tool. Am I doing this correctly or not? I'm so confused

All of SPV3's weapons and powerups are fixed(excluding armor abilities. I don't know how to get them to load properly. It's not that its corrupt. Whenever I place them down in OS_sapien, and load them into the game, they show up like this "https://imgur.com/a/piO9r") Currently, I am making a video showing all the weapons(including prototype weapons), grenades and powerups,from SPV3's files. I'll update this thread later. Around 85% of brute actor variants have been fixed (It's just shredder-brute actor variants I'm having a problem with) and 5-10% of all elite actor variants have been fixed and tested(All elite minors are debugged. I'm focused on fixing brutes and equipment) Again, I'll update this thread when I post videos on youtube.

Sapien crashes, when I place down any brute-shredder actor varients in Sapien. The Shredder's sounds work perfectly. It is in the same test map as brute-shredder actor variants. So I don't know why this isn't working for me. Recompiling the sounds doesn't help either, but I'm not really sure though, I might have done it wrong. If the error does include recompiling sounds, then please provide a detailed and intricate tutorial about how to recompile sounds. Here is the error, from the debug file.
>
12.06.17 22:40:06 sapien pc 01.00.09.0620 ----------------------------------------------
12.06.17 22:40:06 reference function: _write_to_error_file
12.06.17 22:40:06 reference address: 401b13
12.06.17 22:40:06 CreateDevice succeeded with refresh rate = 0
12.06.17 22:40:06 Sound card doesn't meet minimum hardware requirements. Disabling hardware option.
12.06.17 22:40:07 Increasing sound decompression buffer size to 1048576 bytes
12.06.17 22:41:06 EAX: 0x00000000
12.06.17 22:41:06 EBX: 0x23F52E01
12.06.17 22:41:06 ECX: 0x00000000
12.06.17 22:41:06 EDX: 0x00000000
12.06.17 22:41:06 EDI: 0x0019F0F0
12.06.17 22:41:06 ESI: 0x00000000
12.06.17 22:41:06 EBP: 0x0019EFC8
12.06.17 22:41:06 ESP: 0x0019EFBC
12.06.17 22:41:06 EIP: 0x772F2BAC, C2 08 00 90 ?????
12.06.17 22:41:06 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\cache\pc_sound_cache.c,#213: sound->unused0[0] != 0
<

Seriously someone help I didn't create this post for nothing. Someone reply.
Edited by Sargent 0 on Dec 7, 2017 at 12:21 AM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Dec 8, 2017 at 11:18 PM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Dec 8, 2017 at 11:18 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » How do make weapons respawn in singleplayer Dec 5, 2017 08:51 PM (Total replies: 1)

How do I make weapons respawn in singleplayer maps.

I ran os_tool lightmaps levels\player_bonus_test\player_bonus_test player_bonus_test 0 0.1 but it still not working. the test map is still pretty dark. Come on please someone help.
Edited by Sargent 0 on Dec 3, 2017 at 08:24 PM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Dec 5, 2017 at 02:16 PM

Time: Mon February 19, 2018 5:14 PM 469 ms.
A Halo Maps Website