A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: BioGoji1989
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 4, 2018 04:54 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
BioGoji1989 has contributed to 90 posts out of 467537 total posts (.02%) in 277 days (.32 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: Nertez
have you tried Chimera's widescreen HUD fix?

No. I've been under the impression that Chimera may not play nice with OpenSauce. Just as well, didn't Masters1337 leave a post explaining how the timer is controlled by an lua script? Does Chimera change how lua scripts operate? Also, is Chimera compatible with the latest version of OpenSauce?

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Download Eschaton.

What's Eschaton?

Well, actually, I've discovered that the problem isn't a script at all. Turns out I forgot to edit the biped tag itself so that the default weapon was the MP5 instead of the assault rifle. After making that change, I now have Marines holding the MP5 in cutscenes without fail. Again, it was a simple solution that I completely overlooked.

I do, however, appreciate the help given to me by all of you, and I will undoubtedly be using your suggestions in the future as I become more intimately familiar with the inner workings of scenario tags. It may be a while until that happens, but I know that when I do, the information that you guys have provided to me will be extremely helpful.

Did you replace the MP5's third person model? Or is it using the assault rifle?

You replaced the marine_assault_rifle actors with ones that hold the MP5 instead? What was the process to do this, what tags did you edit and how?

1. Yes
2. No assault rifle.

I copied the marine_armored assault rifle actor variant tags (both regular and major), edited their ranged combat weapon so that the mp5 was referenced instead of the assault rifle, renamed the tag, edited the regualr marine tag to reference the mp5 major as its own major variation, and then went into the scenario, accessed the actors section, and replaced all marine_armored assault rifle references with marine_armored mp5 references. IE, all instances in the encounters and actors sections of the scenario now reference the marine_armored mp5 tags instead of marine_armored assault rifle tags.

The only thing that I can think of that is causing my problem is a script that references assault rifle marines, and I am terrified that if I edit any scripts at all, I will irreparably make the scenario unusable in some manner.
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Mar 20, 2018 at 11:31 PM

I'm currently working on my 2nd mod now, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to replace the weapons held by both the player and marines in cutscenes. Currently, I'm working on level a50, and while I have managed to change the player profile so that the player starts with an M82A1 rifle (which is visible in the opening cutscene, actually), I can't get the Marines to appear holding MP5s, and this is troublesome, because the whole theme of this particular mod is that the player will be using modern day weapons instead of futuristic ones, at least on the UNSC side. The Covenant still use their plasma and needle weapons.

Now, the reason this is so problematic for a50 is because the Marines that appear in the first area, from the dropship, all carry assault rifles instead of MP5s. I've already edited the scenario so that all assault rifle marines are replaced with MP5 marines, and all assault rifles and assault rifle ammo are replaced with MP5s and SMG ammo. I've checked every encounter in the scenario to make sure that all Marine tags referenced are the replacement ones as well, but the Marines from the opening dropship still hold assault rifles. Marines from every subsequent dropship in the level all carry MP5s, but not the initial ones. How do I change this? Is there a script that I have to modify, and if so, how do I do that without royally screwing up the scenario?

If anyone has any information at all on how to do this, please let me know. I will greatly appreciate it.
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Mar 20, 2018 at 10:58 PM
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Mar 20, 2018 at 10:59 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Reinstalling HEK Mar 19, 2018 08:28 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
just right click the installer and select open with winrar. All the files in there can just be copied to where ever you need

Why is it always the simple solutions that elude me when I need them the most?

Anyway, thank you for the help. I'll give this a shot.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Reinstalling HEK Mar 19, 2018 11:34 AM (Total replies: 3)

When I first installed the Halo Editing Kit, I stupidly installed it in the Programs directory of the C Drive. This has given me a lot of problems, much of which I solved by copying most of the other programs into a new folder on the desktop, but I can't seem to copy Sapien or even ahobo over to the folder and get it to work.

I've decided to uninstall the HEK from the Programs directory and reinstall it in my one desktop folder, but I am unsure of what the uninstall program looks like. I have two of them in my Custom Edition folder in the Programs Directory, and I don't want to uninstall HCE by accident.

The two options are Uninstall.exe and UninstEK.exe. I'm thinking that UninstEK is for the HEK, but I want to be absolutely certain before I do anything. Does anyone know for certain if this is the right option?

Halo CE General Discussion » Best tools for creating Halo Maps? Mar 17, 2018 10:41 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Av0c4d0
Running things as admin isn't really an issue.

But what is is installing MEKE, it says "The Visual Studio 2015 build tools are required for the accelerator modules these programs use to be compliled." I have tried search for this, but have had no luck.

I decided to get a student license of 3ds max 2017, I believe that part of the editing process requires importing bsp's to sapien, do you know if there is a plugin that allows you to do that in 3ds max 2017?

Also thanks so far with helping me out.

For Visual Studio 2015, here's a link to the Visual Studio 2015 download section on the Microsoft Website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search/DownloadsDrillInResults.aspx?q=Visual%20Studio%202015

The base Visual Studio 2015 should be in there somewhere.

As for 3ds Max? I can't really help you out with that one. There should be some tools and addons sprinkled throughout this website's archives, so there's a place to start.
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Mar 17, 2018 at 10:42 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » The Thros' Alsthetic Two Betrayals Released! Mar 16, 2018 11:41 PM (Total replies: 36)

Well, I haven't had any problems installing this map in my Halo CE folder, although I always remove any .map file in my maps folder and place it in a holding folder until I'm done with all .yelo maps of the same name. That's how I avoid having problems with playing the game.

However, I do have a few nitpicks with this mod. First, the new grenade option doesn't work for me. I can never access it, even though I can pick up those new grenades.

Second, and this is the thing which grieves me the most, the flashlight does not work. I'm sorry, but given that this level takes place at night, there should be a working flashlight.

I'm of mixed feelings about the ODST model used for the Chief. One on hand, it's a really good gbx model with fantastic shaders and lighting. On the other hand, I would have liked to see a Spartan model that looked like, you know, MJOLNIR armor. But, hey, if it works then it works. Besides, technically, having an ODST model means that we get to see the Chief's hands for the first time ever (even if it ain't canon).

I found the additions of new enemies (such as the Heretic or Artifact Retrieval Elites and the various Halo 3 pure Flood forms) to be pretty neat. Having played CMT's campaign mods, as well as SOI's mod, I'm not as amazed by the appearance of the big sentinels any more, but they're still a nice addition.

All in all, I give the map an 8/10 score. I find it to be really entertaining, especially the Brutes' dialogue, and Cortana's various gestures during her confrontation with Spark at the beginning, and I adore the Reach models used for the Covenant. I also enjoy that one new piece of music that pops up during the underground tunnel section. I'm sure that this music must come from some adventure game, but I have no idea what game that is. I found it odd at first, but it soon grew on me the more I played the mod.

So, while it isn't perfect, the mod is still pretty good, at least in my opinion.
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Mar 16, 2018 at 11:43 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit Essentials (MEKE) Mar 16, 2018 11:26 PM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Also, Refinery can now rip the b30demo map from the xbox beta.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Mar 10, 2018 at 11:38 PM

YES! YYEESS!!! YYYEEESSS!!!
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Mar 16, 2018 at 11:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Best tools for creating Halo Maps? Mar 16, 2018 10:59 PM (Total replies: 6)

In order to fully utilize MEK, I would suggest downloading MEKE (or MEK Essentials). Also, you will definitely need to have the original HEK installed as well, because HEK includes certain files and programs that MEK requires in order to run properly. HEK includes Sapien, which is kind of like Forge, but you caa use it to edit single player maps and add AI and new weapons.

You can also download Kornman's HEK, which is basically HEK with certain features unlocked. This can be found on this websites programs archive.

Now, this is kind of important, but when you install HEK and MEK, I highly recommend installing these in a location that IS NOT inside the Programs or Programs x86 folder found in the C Drive of Windows (assuming that you have a Windows operating system on your computer), as all versions of Windows from Vista onwards have their security features set to... well, not take kindly to attempts to use certain programs inside the C drive unless you run them as an administrator.

The best thing to do is create a folder on the desktop and install HEK and MEK in there, or install them both separately in different folders on the desktop. Also, make sure that you have a copy of CMD.exe inside both locations, one just the one if install both editing kits in the smae place, as Tool requires CMD to run.

Now, as for making Tool easier to use, you can either use Tool Plus (which was great when it was introduced, but has since become outdated) or Pool, which comes with MEKE and MEK. Pool is basically an all around better version of Tool Plus, but with more options, such as the ability to make .yelo maps using certain parameters. Pool also has its own set of guidelines to help you understand how it works.

There's also OpenSauce HEK, but if you're just starting out, I'd wait until you've become more familiar with using HEK and MEK to create a few basic mods. Then give OS HEK a shot, but be careful because any file opened by OpenSauce HEK will be converted into an OpenSauce file, and the programs found in HEK will not be able to use OpenSauce files. MEK programs might be able to handle it, but I haven't experimented with that yet.

As for a FREE 3D modeling tool... there are GMAX and Blender. While neither of them include gbx model importers by default, you can find various programs for them here on this website (although I've yet to get GMAX to work with GBX models no matter how many times I try to use the importer). There are various other addons found throughout the web that you can add to either program to make things easier, and don't be afraid to ask for help on the forum if you get stuck on something.

Oh, and if you ever try to edit a scenario file, be sure to open it in MEK first, because MEK will create a backup file automatically, just in case something goes wrong.
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Mar 16, 2018 at 11:01 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn

Like I said, I'm not entirely sure if the bonesets are different as I've never used or worked with them. It's worth a shot those since it's just a simple change and compile. If they don't have two-handed anims already you might be able to do some marker changes in guerilla. I've never done it myself though so I can't help you much.

Do you know who might be able to help me, since I'm still learning the ropes as I go?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition features in MCC Mar 10, 2018 12:58 PM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD

No official plans is a softened way to say no PC MCC release

Ooohhhh. Now I understand. And now I feel bummed.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Mar 10, 2018 12:56 PM (Total replies: 201)

After reviewing the cityscape BSP everyone was talking about, I can confirm it's a 90% accurate representation of the geometry from the E3 beta. It's already been added to the geometry; you can see in the above picture it's added at the far end of the bridge.

Watching the E3 beta footage alongside the map, the geometry matches in nearly all places. The reason it isn't perfectly matching is that it isn't a showcase; the E3 map wasn't finished or proper in any way. It had an entire section that didn't have an exterior wall and was just open skybox. The person controlling the player looks that way momentarily before turning away so the audience wouldn't notice it. There are other sections of the level that are similarly incomplete, but that can't be noticed because of the actions of the person running the demonstration.

Somebody please post here saying "wow that's interesting", so that I can bump my topic later with updates. Dennis needs to allow double posting.

Fascinating. I've known (disappointingly) for a while that the E3 demo was smoke and mirrors, but I had no idea just how much until now.

Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
I've never worked with the DMT H2 elites before, but if they have their own .model_animations set they probably have animations for the carbine and the like.

If they're using the standard H1 anims I think you could use CMT's SPv3 elite .model_animations which include two-handed weapon animations.

You mean the DMT elites are compatible withe CMT elite animations? Don't they have different bone structures and contact nodes? I'll give it a shot and see what happens, though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition features in MCC Mar 8, 2018 11:49 PM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Quote:
Will MCC ever come to PC?

We know this is something many people have been asking and wanting for years now. Currently our priority is updating and improving MCC for Xbox and there’s still plenty of work to be done on that front. While we have no official plans to announce at this time, we’ve heard you loud and clear.

http://leelzebub.umwblogs.org/files/2011/06/SW_LukeNo1-011.gif

This response confuses me. Isn't it a good thing that they're, you know, listening to the fans?

Alright, so I've successfully managed to import some Halo 2 Elite bipeds (including gbx models and animations) into my next mod. These bipeds and models are from DMT. What I would like to know is if these bipeds and models can hold two-handed weapons, or if they can only use one-handed weapons like the vanilla H1 elites. Does anyone have any information regarding this?

I want to be able to have elites using two-handed weapons in this mod like I had in my previous one, but I want to know if I need to go back to using CMT models for that or if I can use the DMT halo 2 ones.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Feb 28, 2018 12:27 PM (Total replies: 70)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The hope is to do all new audio recordings. The project is underway and we have been playing with SPV3 Lumoria for several days now. There's also a chance a relic from the past may make a re-appearance in SPV3 Lumoria...

So, does this mean that there might be screenshots or even videos down the road to let people know what things look like as they progress?

Garbo is my favorite character from 343 Guilty Street!

Also, I wouldn't really call the mod garbage. Certainly, it would have been great in the early days of modding, but at this point, I'd probably consider it to be... average. Although, I do have a great dislike of the long stringy arms caused by dramatic increases in Field of View.

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreamweb 2 (Monthly Tag Releases) Feb 25, 2018 10:55 PM (Total replies: 76)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG

Masterz released an SPV3 alpha build and boy is there some noteworthy things in it

Where and when?

Also... is it available to, say, us fellow modders as well?

Just, you know... curious.

Time: Wed September 26, 2018 2:03 AM 360 ms.
A Halo Maps Website