A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: BioGoji1989
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 26, 2019 11:25 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Professional Idiot

Post Statistics
BioGoji1989 has contributed to 139 posts out of 469496 total posts (.03%) in 715 days (.19 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » UPDATE for BioGoji's Campaign Mod! Aug 26, 2019 11:25 AM (Total replies: 0)

I am still alive, fellow modders!

Appropriate Forum Page: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=51110

Now, if you'll just follow that nice little link to the page on this forum with my mod, you can see all sorts of cool things... and stuff. You guys like stuff, right?

Here's a little taste of the action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA1T-Ju-uSA&feature=youtu.be

And here's some more! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBcbaHx9-d8
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Aug 26, 2019 at 11:25 AM
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Aug 26, 2019 at 07:45 PM
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Aug 26, 2019 at 07:46 PM

Nice... except why post a link if most of the text is currently gibberish? Why not post a link after that's been taken care of and everything on it is ready?
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Jul 10, 2019 at 09:50 AM

You guys had Hokiebird helping you out!? I hope he does a walkthrough series for SPV3 and/or Lumoria some day. His videos are always entertaining. :)

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Halo 2 Vista-tag extractor/mover Jul 3, 2019 12:07 AM (Total replies: 5)

This is going to make modding Halo 2 Vista so much fun in the future.

You wouldn't happen to have any Non-OS Halo 2 2-handed Elite model animations that fit with Halo 2 Elite bipeds and gbx models, would you? I'm hoping that when I work on Version 2.0 of my campaign mod, I can have all of the Elites, Grunts, and Jackals look uniform without needing to use CMT elites alongside CE elites in order to have elites wielding weapons with two hands. I still have the DMT biped tags, but I'm not sure if they'll work or not.

By the way, I like what you've shown us so far. Keep up the good work!

Halo CE General Discussion » Another Update for Campaign mod! Jun 28, 2019 11:29 AM (Total replies: 1)

I've recently posted download and image links for The Libray on my thread for my Campaign Mod, which BioGoji's Campaign Mod version 1.5!

Here's a link to the thread: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=51110
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Jun 28, 2019 at 11:30 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Update for Campaign mod Jun 5, 2019 05:28 PM (Total replies: 0)

Level b30 of BioGoji's Campaign Mod Version 1.5.2 has been uploaded!

Here is a link to the thread: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=51110
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Jun 5, 2019 at 05:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] BioGoji's Campaign Mod Version 1.5 Jun 3, 2019 11:50 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: the4ofusaredying

I love you, BioGoji. 1.5.2 is perfect now. Can't believe more people haven't noticed this project or how great your work is. Can't wait for the remaining maps!!!

*Nearly perfect*

A few small things:

1. The shield effects for elites for the SMG and battle rifle is different from other weapons. You see the shield change colors as it drains. Perhaps it is mixed up with the deployable shield effects?

2. The glass in Two Betrayals (same for B40) is green/purple. I think the fix for this is to disable anisotropic filteringfiltering just for the glass texture. In ASCM, ifafudafi either changed the texture entirely or has it filtered correctly.

3. The sniper rifle zoom reticle is off in Two Betrayals.

4. There is an assault rifle right to the left at the beginning of Keyes that is cannot be picked up.

On suggestion; in The Pillar of Autumn, I think it makes more sense to introduce the Battle Rifle where you see the dead marine in the hallway (currently there's an assault rifle) leading to the airlock and stairway up to the second level. Since this is the only vertical play space in the level and you are shooting at elevated enemies, seems like a good place to first get this weapon.

I just realized you are the first person to introduce the concept of elites using human weapons once the flood outbreak has happened. That really underscores how Halo is in disarray and everyone is scrambling to get off. I think that's a really novel idea, and actually I think the SPV3 team ripped that off their upcoming map, "None left behind".

Sorry people are being negative on the imgur forums man. Every negative comment is probably an alias of Masterz, who seems to poop on any Halo fan content he isn't involved with. Great work as always and looking forward to the finished product!
Edited by the4ofusaredying on Jun 3, 2019 at 02:27 PM

Actually, SPV3 introduced the concept of Covenant using human weapons first. I'm the one who's ripping-I mean "borrowing" from them.

Also, that assault rifle at the beginning of Keyes is a feature that's present whenever you skip the opening cinematic. This is present even in the original X-Box version of the game.

Also, I will be fixing the sniper rifle in Two Betrayals after I finish version 1.5.2 of The Library. I just recently discovered that the Refined Campaign tagset has a proper fix for the sniper rifle scope on widescreen monitors, and I've been implementing it in levels a30 and a50. All levels featuring the weapon will be receiving this fix.

As for the glass on b40... I plan on using the Refined tagset for that, so hopefully that will be fixed in the 1.5.2 update and then the second update for c40 as well when I get to it.

As for the SMG and Battle Rifle's shield effects... I never noticed that before now.

Thank your for your support, though! It's nice to see my work get some recognition.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Campaign Energy Sword Jun 2, 2019 02:37 PM (Total replies: 2)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
that usually happens when a stereo sound is used for animation sounds (instead of the proper mono), so the game thinks it's music and gives it priority (or something like that) The solution would be identifying which sound is the issue and replacing it with a proper mono sound (or just removing it would work too), you can find good energy sword mono sounds on the zteam tagset.

All right. I'll give it a shot.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Campaign Energy Sword Jun 2, 2019 02:17 PM (Total replies: 2)

Okay, so I'm editing version 1.5.2 of my campaign mod, and in level a50, I have a usable energy sword. The sword was something I put in the 1.0 version of the mod, but I completely forgot about it when working on the 1.5 version.

Now, the issue I have with this sword is that every time I would switch to it after the cutscene where I free Keyes and the other marines from their holding cells, the music of the level, even the cutscene, would start to replay itself. This happened every single time I would draw the weapon from that point onward, and I have no idea why.

I want to give the players a usable energy sword for this level, but I need to know why this weapon causes this music glitch and how I can fix it. One idea that I have is to make the sword no longer have infinite ammo, or at least give it a proper energy meter, but I don't know that is related to the problem.

I'd prefer to not need to scrap the weapon, so any information or suggestions on how to handle this issue would be appreciated.

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Extract the scripts with Refinery, edit them with Notepad or preferably Notepad++

Save them as filename.hsc in the same directory as the scenario.

compile them in Sapien with Ctrl+Shift+C

Sapien? Sapien doesn't like me very much. Every time I use Sapien for pretty much anything, something always goes horribly wrong. I hesitate to use Sapien, especially for scripts, as the earliest trouble I had with a mod was when I made my 1.0 version of a10 last year, and I had to redo the entire level from scratch because a script got screwed up.

What happened was that the blast doors, which are supposed to close after the player finishes the circular staircase and passes through another hall with two grunts and an Elite behind an energy shield before reaching the lifepod hall with the three Grunts (where the light show occurs), ended up being triggered to close before the player reached that point. I know this because Cortana's dialogue regarding the blast doors appeared just after reaching the top of the staircase.

I had to redo the whole level from scratch, and I've only ever touched Sapien out of curiosity since then. To this day, I still cannot figure out what exactly I did to cause that scripted event to trigger early, but I've been wary of using Sapien for anything since then.

Mozzarilla has a "compile tag" function, doesn't it? Would that perform a similar function, or can hsc scripts only be compiled using Sapien?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Disabling the Countdown Timer on The Maw May 31, 2019 11:14 PM (Total replies: 5)

Extract the scripts from D40 using Refinery's Data Extraction.

in the Scripts.hsc is the script timer_begin

Delete everything except for this;

(script dormant timer_begin
(wake trench_jeep_test)
)

That'll disable the timer from starting, and you should still be able to proceed through the tunnel until you get to the end triggering the cinematic. But a lot of scripts for those encounters pause or wake the hud timer, not sure what's gonna happen. Not gonna compile the map and play through all of D40 to find out for you either. Do post back if you have trouble though, I'll be happy to try to help figure it out.

Um... what do I use to edit the script? Mozzarilla? A basic txt program? And then how do I make sure it's properly compiled into the map? I've never touched scripts before.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Invader May 30, 2019 11:53 AM (Total replies: 31)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kavawuvi

In layman's terms, tool.exe is a piece of software filled with black voodoo magic, and being software from the 90's, it sometimes requires various demonic rituals in order to function as intended.

Hey! You leave our demonic rituals alone! We like sacrificing Minecraft and Destiny players to the cmd.exe god!

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Halo 2 Vista-tag extractor/mover May 29, 2019 12:31 PM (Total replies: 5)

Not in the sense that you're looking for no. What you're referring to is the rebuilding of maps from the HMT/Eschaton days, moving tags from one map to another. AFAIK the standard map tools don't have rebuilding functions for H2V. Closest you'll get is creating a new map using the H2EK.

Video

Download

Source

That's the current build of the Halo 2 Vista Tag Extractor. All credit belongs to Himanshu and Kornman. Himanshu wrote the code to extract from maps using Kornman's Blam.lib, I've modified the UI to allow for multiple tag extraction and changed how it looks for the user's mapfiles so it wasn't "hardcoded" to the default installation path. You need to understand several things if you want to use this;

• It doesn't work.

• You can extract tags just fine.

• Physics Models and Collision models don't extract properly and cause errors in H2Sapien.

• Unrigged Render Models (Trees, Rocks) extract. Rigged Render Models (vehicles, crates, bipeds, weapons) do not. It'll extract the tag properly but with no raw model data if you try.

• Any shader tag needs to be remade. Halo 2 processes shaders on import, you need to create fresh shader tags. You can use the extracted ones as a reference.

• Bitmap tags extract fine.

The program is still being developed, the UI updates were done by myself in the past month and Himanshu updated something earlier this year.. While I doubt I'll ever be able to fix the errors in physics/collision tag extraction it's not a dead project.
Edited by DeadHamster on May 13, 2019 at 09:13 AM

So, that's why they said it was for research purposes only. [Sigh]. And here I was hoping I'd be able to create custom campaign mods for Halo 2 like I've been doing for CE.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Disabling the Countdown Timer on The Maw May 27, 2019 11:13 PM (Total replies: 5)

How do I disable the countdown timer for the warthog run in d40? Does anyone have any useful information for how to do this?

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 25, 2019 11:07 PM (Total replies: 36)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
It's kinda a letdown that the only program in existence that has unrestricted size file transfers and Instant Messaging in the same program ( that isn't adware or shareware ) is something like Pidgin. SO ! ! ! How many pidgin users are here who have actually launched pidgin within the past week?
Edited by OrangeJuice on May 25, 2019 at 05:14 PM

What the heck is Pidgin?
Edited by BioGoji1989 on May 25, 2019 at 11:08 PM

Um... why do you have a download link for megaupload? You do know that site was taken down years ago, right?

Quote: --- Original message by: LaikaGlove

Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989
Okay, this looks nice, but why is Halo 2 Vista excluded from the list of games this can extract animations from?

I didn't implement extraction for Halo 2 Vista because the maps are slightly different and I still need to figure out how I want to support tag versioning for Halo 2 onward. H2 Xbox has some changes to certain tag definitions from H2 Vista and all the later games support "versioning" of the tag definition blocks/structs.

Ah. I was unaware of that.

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 23, 2019 10:46 PM (Total replies: 36)

You do realize I'm not sorting the tags right? I'm actually renaming them, so that when they're extracted after it changes the folder hierarchy and organizes them. So that when you share them it's organized for the user. It also places them inside a custom directory, so that you can sort and organize all your tags and put them inside a single folder before sharing them.

So yeah, it's wonderful that refinery can sort the tags list. That's a super feature. You can also use Refinery to rename tags, kind of like I do, except because Moses is fancy it does it without breaking the map. The catch is that YOU rename each tag, individually, manually, one at a time. Not an automated process that batches the whole thing for you.

I was going to find some work of yours to criticize, but all I can find is you posting Moses' work, you posting Lakia's work. Do you have anything of your own to share?

Okay, so... who exactly are you replying to in this post?

I think it's stupid that it's obfuscated and that it wasn't just released from the start. I made that pretty clear earlier on. But if he says he's going to then, again, we just gotta appreciate it and wait. We by all means shouldn't even have this, it literally came out of nowhere. If he came out and said "Nah the source isn't gonna get released", then yeah all bets are off screw that. But he says he wants to fix it first, he's already released like 4-5 updates and is talking about more. Let it get fixed so we don't have 6 different versions floating around.

Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989
Okay, this looks nice, but why is Halo 2 Vista excluded from the list of games this can extract animations from?

What animation is in Halo 2 Vista that isn't in Halo 2 Xbox?
Edited by DeadHamster on May 23, 2019 at 01:47 PM

Actually, it's that I have Halo 2 Vista installed on my PC (with Project Cartographer), and so I have the .map files right here on my computer, since going to Galaxy Verge just gives my Virus warnings constantly. So, really, it's a matter of convenience, not specific animations.

Time: Sun December 8, 2019 8:39 AM 438 ms.
A Halo Maps Website