A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: AHS_SONIC
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 31, 2013 03:43 AM
Interests:
Your Age: As of Novemeber 12, 2007, 15.3 years old.
What Games do you play: Bioshock, The halo series, Timeshift, Lost planet, Resident Evil, Metroid,
mmm toasty
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
AHS_SONIC has contributed to 457 posts out of 469454 total posts (.10%) in 4,725 days (.10 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Hello old friends. Aug 31, 2013 03:43 AM (Total replies: 4)

It has been a very long time since I have posted anything here, multiple years indeed. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am very pleased to see that the community is alive and well, and to thank all of you for keeping CE alive. This is a truly magnificent platform and it has taught me so much in the realm of computer programming and 3d design. I started here when i was about 15 years old, and spent countless hours with 3ds max and sapien and tool and all the other fun stuff that comprises this fantastic work of art that is Halo Custom Edition.

My last creation was Coluseum II, and coming back to see that 17,000 people have played it since i posted makes me all jittery inside. To each and every one of you who has played that map, I thank you dearly. It was my way of artistically expressing myself during some troubled times in my life, and I cannot express my gratitude to those who have allowed me to do so. The map honestly isn't even that great, there is so much wrong that I just want to tear apart and fix, but those times have passed for me now.

Each and every one of you who downloads the HEK and decides they are going to contribute something to this community is a wonderful person, and I thank you all again for keeping CE from fading away. It was truly a wonderful part of my young life. Cheers to Everyone from Seattle, WA, and keep mapping!!

And special thanks to Dennis if he is still around, for putting up with all of us :P
Edited by AHS_SONIC on Aug 31, 2013 at 03:44 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Gmax Jul 21, 2010 11:12 PM (Total replies: 27)

forget gmax. get 3ds. www.isohunt.com

Halo CE General Discussion » Coluseum 3, again... Jul 19, 2010 12:54 AM (Total replies: 99)

alright cool. im so anxious to start working on this!

Halo CE General Discussion » Coluseum 3, again... Jul 19, 2010 12:00 AM (Total replies: 99)

looks great so far. desperately needs unwrapping ha but looks pretty great so far

since its an island, i would like to see more sand. i like the look and feel of the terrain you have so far, but some sand would be great.

the top part you were talking about could use some more of those structures you have placed around the island. those look pretty cool. as part of the level, i wanted to add a part where you hole up into a tower and fight off waves of enemies. preferably a type of futuristic "bell tower". that will make sense later ha. the structures also should look older and ruined, and sunken into the ground.

it looks absolutely fantastic so far. youre doing a great job so far and i really like what you have going. if possible, do you have a time estimate on when this will be completed?

everything looks awesome though keep it up!

Halo CE General Discussion » Coluseum 3, again... Jul 18, 2010 12:25 AM (Total replies: 99)

hi

just looking for an update on how the bsp is going?

Halo CE General Discussion » Coluseum 3, again... Jul 15, 2010 03:42 AM (Total replies: 99)

also, hydrogen, when you unwrap, the tile shader should be rather reflective. if you want me to do them though i can but if you feel inclined, go for it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Coluseum 3, again... Jul 15, 2010 03:33 AM (Total replies: 99)

absolutely beautiful. really, i love it.

but yeah im looking for a marble floor, checkered black and white tiles most preferably.

but that is exactly what im looking for keep it up

Halo CE General Discussion » Coluseum 3, again... Jul 14, 2010 01:48 PM (Total replies: 99)

that looks pretty good, lets keep it going. id prefer kind of a hospital type feel to it, but more technologically similar to unsc

Halo CE General Discussion » Coluseum 3, again... Jul 13, 2010 03:56 PM (Total replies: 99)

sorry, i had to do things this weekend.

i like the waterfall idea very much. put a secret entrance behind it and have it lead to a vent in the ground. the vent will then drop down into a control room-type area, which leads out into the underground lab facility. the lab has been abandonded for, i dunno lets say a decade, so things dont need to look too old but they should look like they have been around for awhile. the lab should have many corridors and hallways that lead on for quite awhile, i kind of want it to have a silent cartographer feel to it, but not a direct copy. i like how far down some of the pits drop so that is something i would like to see implemented. the lab will be lit with those red lights i used in the last map, so terrain portals only need to be added to the exterior of the island. (i can even do that myself if you dont want to). also, and this is rather important, i do want part of the underground lab to flooded. i can put the actual water in myself, but i need a portion of the tunnels to be designed to look like they are flooded.

Halo CE General Discussion » Coluseum 3, again... Jul 10, 2010 06:56 PM (Total replies: 99)

but in geurilla arent there places to add physics tags for scenery objects? if its for vehicles only though thats ok it just means ill have to script in a whole bunch of stuff. i know hwo to go in and create the spheres in 3ds max, but im not quite sure how to compile it in tool, so i do very much need help in that area.

and in terms of the last stage, it definately will be in an arena, and i do like the platform idea very much, im going to have to look into that.

Halo CE General Discussion » Coluseum 3, again... Jul 10, 2010 01:25 AM (Total replies: 99)

Go for it! youll have to get the models from scorp as i dont have any copies of them yet

Halo CE General Discussion » Half life 2 Jul 9, 2010 11:53 PM (Total replies: 5)

love it. one of my favorite games ever.

i was wondering, and perhaps i should use the search, if there are any tags in existance for halo ce relating to hl2, the gravity gun in particular. or maybe a HEV suit?

Halo CE General Discussion » Coluseum 3, again... Jul 9, 2010 11:49 PM (Total replies: 99)

wow. i am so pleased with this response.

for the tunnel support, i really like A. and the lighthouse replacement is exactly what im looking for.

the skecthes look pretty cool as well, i really like where that is headed.

i also was wondering if anyone knew any good physics tutorials. i want to give scenery objects such as containers physics so that when they come into contact with explosives etc they bounce around.

and yes, i do plan to have multiple paths to get to the end, so BSP designers, thats something to think about as well.

all in all i think everything is coming along fantastic. great job to everyone who is helping, and if anyone feels inclined i am always willing to add something special.

once i get a good BSP model, i can begin to work on scripts and the scenerio etc, and have a beta (or alpha) out in about a month or so. again, thanks to everyone who is helping!

Halo CE General Discussion » Coluseum 3, again... Jul 7, 2010 10:49 PM (Total replies: 99)

if you can make the light house look more like the citadel from half life 2 thatd be pretty sick. otherwise id say kill it.

i do want some kind of coliseum inside this map, for an EPIC end boss battle, and a netowork of underground caves would be pretty cool. im looking to reimplement the "scare" factor as well. i think i really nailed it last time with the flood haha.

i am also really looking for people with experience in biped rigging. i am looking to bring new creatures into this map, and my kuze model desperately needs to be redone, it looks like poop.

Halo CE General Discussion » Coluseum 3, again... Jul 5, 2010 06:55 PM (Total replies: 99)

beautiful! keep that up and well have ourselves a map pretty shortly!

Halo CE General Discussion » Coluseum 3, again... Jul 2, 2010 05:54 PM (Total replies: 99)

whoa did you just pull that out of your ass?? haha that looks pretty good, except im looking for more of a temperate forest type climate, not so much snow.

in terms of blueprints i dont really have anything physical, but i was thinking about having the chief crash into a large beach in the beginning, which he follows to a large valley that has a coliseum shaped thing in it, (which will contain a multitude of enemies to fight, followed by a path through a forest a finally leading to underground tunnels which contain like a laboratory type setting that is dark and over run by creatures.

which brings me to my next part, i will need help doing some biped rigging. the boss for number 2 was done by haloguru, but as you can see throughout the level there are loads of face errors and other stuff that just makes it look nasty.
Edited by AHS_SONIC on Jul 2, 2010 at 05:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Coluseum 3, again... Jul 1, 2010 06:13 PM (Total replies: 99)

i will try to contact pope, if he cant do it though, its all on you scorp.

i think most of the problems with the last map were generated by the BSP. if i had a custom one designed for the encounters and gameplay etc., i can make a much more involved gameplay experience.

going back and playing it last night, i saw so many things that i can easily mend now. i also noticed so many ghost in the shell references haha.

tool should not exception for a map larger than 200 mb, assuming it is a single player scenario. if it does, i can split the map up into different parts. i do plan to use multiple bsps, however, ranging from the initial island setting as well as underground tunnels, cliffs, etc. if da pope has the original models, i am very excited because they were quite awe inspiring when i first saw them.

Halo CE General Discussion » Coluseum 3, again... Jul 1, 2010 05:15 AM (Total replies: 99)

yeah i know

this has to be the fourth or fifth time ive made an attempt at this

the last time i stopped was because da pope, who at the time was building the bsp for me, effectively died.

so,

i call out to everyone here to see if anyone would like to take this challenge. if so, i can use the resultant bsp to build literally the greatest SP mission of all time.

back when i was working on coluseum 2, there were far fewer resources available to create a realllyy good sp map. now that zteam or whatever has released the sp scripts, i will be able to take the process to its limits.

if such a project should be completed, expect it to be in excess of 200 mb. thats how we know it will be good.

i anxiously await anyone who wants to be a part of this.

Halo CE General Discussion » Recomended Single Player Maps Jul 1, 2010 05:04 AM (Total replies: 39)

i feel compelled to defend my map...

i think coluseum 2 (not 1, 1 was horrible) is unique because it utilizes my (cheesy) voice acting, which is something i find almost ALL other custom sp maps lack.

i wish i still had the time/effort/knowledge required to make number three, but da pope who was building me a BSP is effectively dead.

however:

if anyone who posseses the skill feels inclined, i would definately create a third that would, and i do mean to gloat, blow all other sp maps out of the water. i am also not scared this time to create a map in excess of 200 mb, as that was a limiting factor to coluseum 2.

let me know if youre interested

wasnt a guy named dexter working on this or something

i dont know

maybe he had an avatar of dexter er sumthing

whatever

but i had no idea kirby pulled this off

figures ha

Time: Fri November 15, 2019 9:50 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website