A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Halo CE Noob Modder117
About Contact
Last Post: Today @ 08:21 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Some tutorials would be nice...

Post Statistics
Halo CE Noob Modder117 has contributed to 56 posts out of 467776 total posts (.01%) in 71 days (.79 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Mini 343i rant:

This is the one issue I had with this new trilogy of Halo. Its like a corny sci-fi flick now. Everything about it feels corny. The looks, the SFX, characters, music, honestly can I even say story? Let's be honest, it sucks. These newer Halo titles are becoming LESS to do with the actual Halo rings. They said we're not calling Halo 6 Halo 6 we're calling it something different: Halo Infinite. Uh MAYBE they should have changed the 'HALO' name since 4 and 5 kinda had nothing to do with any Halo rings until the end credits cutscene in Halo 5 and resurgence of familiar territory and another ring in Halo Wars 2. It should have been called: The Promethean Chronicles or something. I liked it better when the Forerunners were an ancient entity, only known by the rumours and objects they've left behind... The mystery was so great and anyone could have come up with some kind of lore and imagination with an open mind, now we have... This stuff...

Just food for thought. Anyway you can see how 343i had crumpled to the backlash and are in damage control, Halo Wars 2 and the new reveals of Halo Infinite goes to show they're desperation to try and re-attract the fans they've lost. All the Halo games on the Xbox have very little population now days and they even removed population counters just to try and hide that from the general public who don't use the internet and see the problems.

Now they're so desperate trying to tap into the Custom Edition community and waving a mod support bone around. They're even mentioning the 'big' names here trying to get their attention and possibly integrate them into their team, I mean their CE team... That's quite some desperate move. They're relying on modders because they can't get the job done as paid industry professionals. Those refined tags are a big example, why couldn't they do it themselves in the MCC? I wonder how much 343i-ass you have to kiss before they let you in? And I wonder how many modders here are going to be sell outs, yet alone how many already have become sell outs. Either way though, hopefully more sell out to 343i and take over that poop show. Finish what those nubs couldn't finish, actually remastering and fixing the Halo games that matter!
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 18, 2018 at 08:27 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Today @ 02:57 AM (Total replies: 8489)

True. I just wanted a little guidance with things, especially with 3DS MAX as there are a few specific MUST-DO things. Anyway, i'll type here the exporter info and I will also be posting a screen cap of it on my Google modding account picture page to make it way easier.

How stupid of me, I should have asked you about this back in my earlier posts, the export settings... Well the image is here: https://plus.google.com/collection/c-pdeE (is this link I keep posting even working? Can you see my screencaps? I should of asked this earlier too...)

Anyway, in text form, the exporter is: JMS Model Exporter v1.0.2 (the bluestreak one from The Ghost and CtrlAltDestroy).

Export Options:
Export Vertex Weights [ticked]
Export Method:
Save to JMS File [ticked]
Stream with MAXScript Listener [un-ticked]

Then I go into Tool and type: tool model characters\newmarine

Then in Guerrilla the gbx model has empty fields unlike its default armoured marine counter parts...

EDIT: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG CHECK OUT MY LATEST PROGRESS IMAGE I PUT IN THAT LINK!!! I think he's ready...

EDIT2: Ok great. Now this is why I begin to get mad and give up. So as you can see, the bones were working just fine. So I went back into 3DS MAX and connected the right parts to the right bones... NOW I GET A DAMN ERROR WITH MY EXPORT WTF!!! Array index must be positive number??? WHAT?! It didn't say this before!?!?! When I have every bone connected to every body part it works fine and gives me my messed up character. When I put only a select few bones on each body part 3DS MAX chucks a hissy fit and throws me that error.

EDIT3: Alright. Forget it, I quit. Sorry for wasting your time, thanks for the help though. I officially give up on trying how to do ANY 3DS MAX related Halo modding. Screw it. Just screw it. There goes days of my life that I can no longer get back. I cannot believe I got as far as getting him into the game but get bombarded by another 500 issues. So after I got him into the game, here were the issues I discovered:
>1- His eyes wont blink
>2- His mouth was stuck slightly open
>3- The body parts had gaps in them somehow
>4- The mesh was slightly deformed on import looking off compared to the in-game marine
>5- His back was stretched
>6- His shoulders were stretched
>7- He wouldn't move, flinch from damage, he could just fall and die
>8- No markers would export
>9- No permutations would export, and if they did they'd all be mashed into one

So yeah, I give up. I don't understand how the Lumoria campaign had a pilot marine model created. If I import a marine model it basically breaks in 3DS MAX. Well its safe to say, this task was impossible and its no wonder why nobody else could have pulled this off over all these years... Might as well get back to scripting my firefight map. Probably shouldn't bother with that either... Might get some unknown errors and non-working scripts even if I follow someone's instructions to the letter... Rant over. What an absolute waste.

If anyone wants the files let me know, otherwise, if a noob like me got this far, well anyone can do it from scratch I guess. You can see the images via that link I posted, so if anyone is bored, there's some inspiration for some more marine variation tags if anybody ever dares to try and pull it off.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 18, 2018 at 12:49 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Red Plasma rifle (Halo 1's) Today @ 02:45 AM (Total replies: 8)

Wait... What...? There was an easier method for re-texturing without actually re-texturing...? I heard about this alpha layer thing but that was before I got my hands on a program that supported channels.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Yesterday @ 12:30 PM (Total replies: 8489)

Yeah I better slow it down a notch, one problem at a time. I've been trying to find anything on permutations but there are only a few unsolved ancient threads when someone asked about it. I'll stick to the one head for now.

Anyway, so, animations are a no no. He's still stuck in the T-POSE with a floating AR slightly moving as the biped breathes. Oddly, upon export, unlike every other gbx model I still cannot get the markers to export. Unless I have to make them manually in Guerrilla? Since the markers are unchanged from the armoured marine I guess I can use the same coordinates and marker names.

This is just odd. I am trying to find a download of a biped model so I can see how someone else has their working model structured. I need to compare notes so to speak. That is the last thing I can think of before I go smash my head off of a brick wall. This is just odd...

The few tutorials only cover single object bipeds and total customs models with zero rigging and animations needing to be made from scratch, I am shocked how there are no editing existing model tuts out there, how the heck did some people port other marine bipeds yet alone the author of that once CE pack edit his CE marines? Gosh this sucks. I feel like just quitting now...

Halo CE General Discussion » Red Plasma rifle (Halo 1's) Oct 16, 2018 11:17 PM (Total replies: 8)

I've made like 8 different colours... They're so easy to make... Extract the card and plasma rifle textures and just apply a colour filter or hue/saturation effect in paint.net or photoshop.

The fun parts are changing the light colours, impact material colours etc.

But now I am curious, what map had a red plasma rifle in it?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 16, 2018 at 11:17 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 16, 2018 10:41 AM (Total replies: 8489)

Why do I have 10 heads? Remember I said I was going to use the armoured marine body and have all the non-armoured marine heads on it such as the boonie hat, bandanna and baldy/hairy dudes? Basically I copied the structure from the marine.gbx, in its list it has like 10 head objects, 1 for each of the heads all one after the other in the list.

I took a screenshot of the object list both collapsed and uncollapsed: https://plus.google.com/collection/c-pdeE

Ignoring the dozen head objects, are they linked correctly? ...I didn't have to link the body parts to anything right...?

EDIT: I've just about run out of ideas for the tests that I'm doing. Something is definitely wrong here. Markers and permutations are not exporting. I must have missed something. This is the only cause I can think of that's wrecking the animation or the model, something either isn't linked properly or I've missed something even though I've gone over it 20 times...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 17, 2018 at 12:07 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Red Plasma rifle (Halo 1's) Oct 16, 2018 10:20 AM (Total replies: 8)

Halo Combat Evolved only had one variant of the Plasma Rifle and it was the blue one commonly wielded by elites. No 'red' plasma rifle existed until Halo 2 as it was introduced as the Brute Plasma Rifle.

Halo CE General Discussion » Release! Halo 3 Pillar Of Autumn Oct 16, 2018 10:14 AM (Total replies: 8)

Seriously Thros? I am not even going to get excited because you're beginning to have a track record of blue balling us... I mean, I bet you will say you've stopped production just before you finish it.

I'm going to cry if you do it again. We're going through a mod drought, give us the mods! Give us the mods! Give us the mods!

EDIT: You've played Halo 3 and or Reach on the Xbox right? You realise those 'lights' you're using are actually just Covenant camping stools and not lights right...? The lights are those stick things in that first little cave you go through on the Ark mission before the AA gun area. It would make more sense if you used those.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 16, 2018 at 10:18 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Any Stock Tags Lying Around? Oct 16, 2018 10:10 AM (Total replies: 9)

Hang on... You've lost me with the copying map files... Did you add new map files within these packs or have I missed something about compiling scenarios whilst using existing maps...?

I'll do the same thing again and post a picture of what happens on my end. I'm so lost now. I mean you used the .py method whereas I did it manually so maybe that could be causing the tags are too big failed to create cache error for the ui?

I don't know if I should be crying or laughing about this, what the hell is happening? I mean this is no big deal really, just the whole, not being able to compile the UI map was just an OCD thing for me. But seeing as it works fine for you I am confused beyond hell.

I'm telling you, all my programs and all my tags magically act up compared to everyone else's here who use the exact same things. I'm cursed. 100% bet if I even used your tag folder that is currently working for you, it wont work on my computer. This is so WEIRD.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 15, 2018 02:16 PM (Total replies: 8489)

Tag wise? The GBX is untouched, apart from adding that animation value. And the biped tag? I just copied and pasted the marine_armored biped and changed its GBX model to the one I exported.

EDIT: I ran another test, so apart from that main issue (could this be affecting it?) when I export with all the different marine heads, my biped in the game spawns with literally all heads on the body at once... Now that definitely has to do with the marker/perm sections being blank.

Unless this is tag related, my JMS exporter must be broken or there is something I missed for sure. Although I have everything on the right bone, did the body part have to be linked to the #whatever body part marker or vice versa? The problem must be here somewhere...

I'll fiddle with the tags again. But my money is on 1 simple small mistake I did in 3DS MAX... If not, well I guess my tools are dodgy compared to others...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 15, 2018 at 02:22 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Oct 15, 2018 02:14 PM (Total replies: 23)

Thanks for pointing that out, never really thought of that. Need to make sure I start making that a habit.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 15, 2018 09:01 AM (Total replies: 8489)

And a decade ago there were nice well done biped mods, now there are my crappy ambitious failure of bipeds...

Yeah this is what's confusing me, I followed a tutorial and read to do exactly that, but mine still refuses to animate. I noticed my model exports with NO perms and markers. MAYBE I forgot to link something? Do you know of any trees or how to set perms or export markers OR something? Something here MUST be wrong in 3DS MAX, I either didn't link something properly or I missed something... Normally I'd give up but I've never gotten this far and I feel like we're soooo close. And be we I mean you and I. Because if it weren't for you, this would of still been a 'to-do' (try) item for me...

If we ever pull this off, I'll forever be in your debt. PLUS, Ill be making a god damn tutorial to show folks how to EDIT an existing biped and put it back into the game.

See my new reference-
https://plus.google.com/collection/c-pdeE

EDIT: It must have something to do with the markers and perms not exporting or being linked incorrectly or not properly made into a region or something... Definitely a 3DS MAX step gone wrong, must be...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 15, 2018 at 09:09 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Oct 15, 2018 08:43 AM (Total replies: 23)

Cheers dude

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Any Stock Tags Lying Around? Oct 15, 2018 04:38 AM (Total replies: 9)

Ok. No need to explain further. As I said, aside from 3DS MAX giving me trouble, I've been modding this game for a while now, and I have all the stock things so these issues? I dunno... I feel like you're saying I have no idea what I'm doing...

Stock maps, your tags+stock tags, fully installed 'bug' fixes followed according to your notepad. Tool doesn't lie that tags and textures are bigger than expected... So I don't think I'm screwing anything up...

Sorry Mo. Looking forward to what you're doing next with all your refined things.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 15, 2018 at 04:40 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Are the HaloMaps downloads going to update? Oct 15, 2018 02:06 AM (Total replies: 20)

Thank you. That's the thing I was trying to get access to but wouldn't work. No I wasn't being smart, I felt like I derailed the thread so I went back to discussing the maps situation.

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Oct 15, 2018 01:53 AM (Total replies: 23)

God took forever to find this. Well, I failed epically BUT I just had an epiphany as I just fixed up and successfully exported working collisions for my scenery and biped tags...

They had small, thin red lines and I could easily fix them. With my BSP, although it had the same thing and I got to fix them too, now there is something different... These red lines on my BSP are larger, thick red chunks. With and without portals they remain.

So maybe I am doing something wrong with my portals? Another side thing, as I am just getting used to 3DS MAX, say I got a hole, what's the easiest way to plug it?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 15, 2018 at 02:03 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » What do these animations do? Oct 15, 2018 01:44 AM (Total replies: 3)

I'll just bump your post because I feel like I'm hogging the forums as there's barely anybody around here to keep the flow going these days.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Any Stock Tags Lying Around? Oct 15, 2018 01:35 AM (Total replies: 9)

Wow wow wow wow... Wow... Stop right there Mo. Did these tags require OS? Because I don't use it as of yet since it has no use for me. I only do vanilla edits and lore friendly mods.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Any Stock Tags Lying Around? Oct 14, 2018 06:53 PM (Total replies: 9)

Fair enough. The Sapien things can be done manually anyway no biggy.

As for the flickering, might be a graphics card thing...? I use a high end pc that runs more MASSIVE modern games like Fallout 4 and GTA V on their highest quality settings without the fans cracking a sweat. So Halo acting weird, is just weird.

You sure about the Tool thing? How to replicate the process: Place your clean refreshed tags in your C/D drive. Apply the UI widget fixes and the high definition hud enhancements. Then setup EVERY tag fix/alteration from your refined tags. Then when I, at least, compile a map, although it works, Tool complains about hundreds of larger than normal tags (mainly textures) but if you try the UI 'fart sound' too big to compile.

If these issues are just magical and they're just deciding to not work for me, instead of reinstalling, experimenting, corrupting and complaining, when you release the next update can it just be in the form of a tags folder so we can ensure nothing can possibly go wrong?

I noticed my thread looked like I was bashing your stuff, sorry I back spaced my original post about how I accidentally screwed my backup tags, including all the work I did with installing all your tags. But then I found a post leading to your refreshed tags so yeah, you saved my bacon once again, except I lost about 50 scenarios, 20 bipeds, multiple weapons+vehicles and all my scenery.

...Sometimes I dunno why I bother with this game...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 14, 2018 at 06:56 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Any Stock Tags Lying Around? Oct 14, 2018 09:42 AM (Total replies: 9)

EDIT: Never mind: go here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50899

Thanks SBB_Michelle.

As much as I like MosesofEgypt's refined tags pack and enhancements, I've found 3 issues...
1. The Death Island water shaders are doing some weird flickering
2. The b40 'fixed glass shaders' are indeed fixed HOWEVER they are also flickering
3. Although the Death Island map was altered, the new teleporters weren't placed

I'll just stick with the refreshed tag pack for now until those are fixed, at least issues 1 and 2, 3 can be fixed in Sapien manually.

Side note- Apart from those issues, having all enhancements and fixed tags, you cannot use tool and compile the UI scenario, though, you can still compile the other scenarios. My fear is, not being an OS user, any alterations may also cause the same issue as the UI not compiling- causing a size limit exceeded error.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 14, 2018 at 11:17 AM

Time: Thu October 18, 2018 9:17 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website