A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Halo CE Noob Modder117
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 09:45 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Some tutorials would be nice...

Post Statistics
Halo CE Noob Modder117 has contributed to 138 posts out of 467800 total posts (.03%) in 129 days (1.07 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Altehros iz da best modder Yesterday @ 09:45 AM (Total replies: 1)

RELEASE: Halo 3 Pelican, subscribe.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3ish Video Casting Call Dec 8, 2018 07:37 AM (Total replies: 19)

You should have an honourable mentions segment thanking kind and knowledgeable users for the help they provide to newbies like myself.

You, Hamster and Michelle got me into scripting and has turned me into an addict. I cannot NOT find time during the day to jump onto my PC and script missions now...

Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Dec 8, 2018 07:31 AM (Total replies: 1178)

Oh oh oh! Let me guess... RED TRIANGLES! I wish there was a better alternative to Tool. Has anyone ever used the Far Cry map creators or Fallout GECK or Creation Kits? IMAGINE being able to simply mod Halo just like that... Ahhh everything would be right in the universe...

Yeah I figured that. Normally my OCD would have killed me however, I thought of Halo 2's Delta Halo. There is a chance you can screw up the entire mission if you don't go through all the trigger points correctly, climb out of bounds of the map, skip parts etc.

Though that doesn't mean I'd cut corners... I compensated for some scripts and actually added a variety of alternative things to happen should you not proceed to each waypoint accordingly. I've even scripted in invisible blockers and some locked doors that are removed once certain conditions are met depending on mission progression.

I cannot believe of all things... I'm scripting up a campaign mission. One of the hardest things I believed there was and that I swore I'd never try, I'm having fun doing. And I still cannot edit a simple campaign bsp. I think when I finish with this mission, I'll go back to trying to use 3DS MAX after my recent scenery successes.

Again thanks for all the help.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3ish Video Casting Call Dec 7, 2018 07:35 AM (Total replies: 19)

You're probably the only female who is even interested in modding CE in general. I mean all I see around here is man meat and saying that you mod Halo is often something I keep secret from any of my female associates...

Are you looking for voice actors or doing a doco on long-time well known users?

Maybe you can add a segment of all the potential modders and absolute failures like myself who produce garbage. Like a rusted spartan show casing his steaming pile of horse crap claiming its the next big thing for CE modding... Sorry the vision I had in my head was so funny... Ahh... There it goes... Oh well back to helping my buddies...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Dec 7, 2018 at 07:38 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Dec 7, 2018 07:32 AM (Total replies: 1178)

Oh...OH... What was I smoking? Must have been a dream.

Yeah I seemed to of learned that the hard way... Me and my buddies have been working on some campaign missions and... Well our encounters and some of the scenery placements have been behaving... VERY strangely...

Imagine if Halo was like Fallout modding. NAVMESHING. Pain in the ass making triangles all around an area but my god, does it work flawlessly...

Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Dec 7, 2018 02:49 AM (Total replies: 1178)

Matt can I ask, what exactly isn't done with Sierra 117? You already have the bsp, textures, halo 3 weapons, bipeds etc.

Is it the encounters? Scripts?

I did my research ass crack. You're round, hairy and have a small dark hole where brown sludge comes out of. It was so simple you were the first thing I found on Google.

Well we did it. Cortana now talks and the rest all happens AFTER clearing that encounter... I swapped it to a dormant script of course because the encounter itself doesn't spawn until later in the mission so as a startup script due to nothing being spawned yet everything triggered at the beginning of the mission. But I managed to clear everything else up. Couldn't have done it without you guys.

So there's CE3, anything else? Also, is anybody working on any projects? I need some hype.

Due to my recent success with 3DS MAX and scripting (special thanks to Hamster and Michelle and anyone else I forgot to mention) I've just about wrapped up my very first lore friendly vanilla campaign mission!
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Dec 1, 2018 at 12:48 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » 3DS MAX or Tool is super mega ultra FUDGED! Dec 1, 2018 12:32 AM (Total replies: 6)

Hamster, I'm literally capping and re-capping the same holes and one minute it complains about it and one minute it doesn't. I only have two little red lines left. And all I am doing is deleting and recapping and retooling and eventually it works. Its pissing me off but I'm getting there.

EDIT: IT WORKED! IT FINALLY F'n WORKED!!! SEE! I TOLD YOU THIS MOTHER F'n PIECE OF GARBAGE IS STUFFED! I capped the hole, converted to mesh and exported it and IT MAGICALLY WORKED! F YOU TOOL! Stupid program...

Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Dec 1, 2018 at 12:37 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » 3DS MAX or Tool is super mega ultra FUDGED! Dec 1, 2018 12:10 AM (Total replies: 6)

But other threads suggest to cap, weld etc. So far its been working fine for me.

Proof to show that Tool is weird and buggy. I imported the warthog base and got it back into Halo with NO problems. A day later, I wanted to do an edit but had to import it again and repeat what I did as I forgot to save a scene. Now all of a sudden Tool isn't happy. Like WTF Tool you just made it yesterday and now today you feel like complaining? I'm telling you something is terribly wrong with this crap.

I capped the holes, the SAME holes as I did yesterday and now today Tool is complaining about them when in 3DS MAX there are virtually no holes where the caps are, and, well, it was friggen happy yesterday! Tool must have a mind of its own...

These programs are buggy as hell I'm telling ya!

EDIT: Again, I just sealed my last hole and now Tool is outlining all the previous holes I just sealed. FFS I'm going to put a hole in something. You know what pissed me off? When you FINALLY get something into the game 100% working but then need to make an edit to the model and then you CANNOT GET IT BACK like it just mysteriously craps itself. I'm so pissed right now. My best damn model is now irretrievable even though I just put it into the game yesterday. W.T.F!?!!??!?!!?!??! ######$@$@$@@$$@%%@%@%@$@#@@

EDIT: Now I exported it again with NO changes and used Tool again and now there are only 2 red lines and not 12. See something in the export or Tool is definitely being demented.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Dec 1, 2018 at 12:30 AM

Really? I don't even upload here and knew you couldn't upload files here for a while now...

xD

Keep forgetting to download that program, those pretty colours make it that much more attractive. Anyway, one day when I finish this map I'm doing I'm going to have to figure out how to thank you and the others for helping me out. Wouldn't have gotten this far without all the help.

In other modding news, I just made another thread in the other part of the forum about 3DS MAX again... Whilst waiting for script assistance I continued churning out more scenery tags for my map. Though there is 1, just 1 model out of the 20 I've done that is giving me trouble. I'm so pissed off I'm going to put a hole in something, but first I'm going to sleep...

I'm not crazy. Thanks again guys.

Halo CE General Discussion » 3DS MAX or Tool is super mega ultra FUDGED! Nov 30, 2018 11:21 AM (Total replies: 6)

Ok guys, seriously now. I've made like a dozen scenery items over the past week and a bit (alongside my scripts, thanks for the help again guys). So, red triangles...

Why in the hell, you fix one triangle, JUST 1, TOOL SAYS THERE IS 1 BAD TRIANGLE and after you fix it and use Tool again... TOOL CRAPS OUT ANOTHER 50 TRIANGLES!!! What is the go? How does fixing 1 triangle cause Tool to later say another 200 magically appeared? Da Farq is going on?!

I fixed 1 hole. JUST 1 HOLE was the only issue, used Tool for the 2nd time and now random red lines have appeared all over the mesh. Have I missed something? I weld and tessellate whenever these issues occur but just this ONE model I'm trying to do refuses to work.

I swear to god 3DS MAX boils my blood more than a damn volcano brews before bursting out that hot lava...

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with 3dsmax...again Nov 30, 2018 11:15 AM (Total replies: 12)

Damn I'm beyond jealous and butt hurt now...

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with 3dsmax...again Nov 30, 2018 05:01 AM (Total replies: 12)

Did you press the little 'Show Shaded Material in Viewport' button in the material editor window?

Thanks for all the really awesome replies guys. I really appreciate all the help you guys have given me so far on this tedious mission making journey of mine. I only have one problem now:

(script startup test
(if (= (ai_living_count testdummy_enc0) 0)
(sound_impulse_start "sound\dialog\b30\b30_020_cortana" none 1 )
)
-Left parenthesis unmatched

(script startup test
(sleep_until (= (ai_living_count testdummy_enc0) 0)
)

(script startup test
(sleep_until (= (ai_living_count testdummy_enc0) 0)(sound_impulse_start "sound\dialog\b30\b30_020_cortana" none 1 ))
)

(script startup test
(sleep_until (= 0 (ai_living_count testdummy_enc0) 0)(sound_impulse_start "sound\dialog\b30\b30_020_cortana" none 1 ))
)

(script startup test
(sleep_until (= 0 (ai_living_count testdummy_enc0 ))0 (sound_impulse_start "sound\dialog\b30\b30_020_cortana" none 1 ))
)

(script dormant test
(= (ai_living_count testdummy_enc0) 0)
)
-No errors but does NOTHING in-game (and yea, script below it uses wake test line too)

I've mixed and matched so many other combos too via other people's examples and of course, copying the base-game scripts layout and if I'm not getting left parenthesis errors, it has no errors but does nothing in game. This script, of all things seem more simple than the other complex ones I did yet I just cannot comprehend what I'm doing wrong.

All in all, basically, I'm attempting to trigger dialogue and some other vehicle spawning etc. after I clear my encounter but nothing seems to be working... So dumb. Hopefully you guys can see those test scripts I did and see where the error is... Much appreciated, you'll get 5 cookies.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Nov 30, 2018 at 03:32 AM

I'ma make this quick so bare with me as I am just going to chuck this in here and there may be mistakes here:

(script startup 5
(sleep_until (= 0 (ai_living_count ambush_wave0 ) 5)) (sound_impulse_start "sound\dialog\b30\b30_020_cortana" none 1 )))
(sleep 150)
(ai_place test3)
(game_save_totally_unsafe)
)

What does the = 0 mean? and what does the 5)) mean?
Also, a script like this, is it better if I did it as a dormant script? I hear its not too good using just startups.

Halo CE General Discussion » My Map Showcase throughout the years. Nov 29, 2018 08:36 PM (Total replies: 4)

I thought I saw Stargate SG1 in those pictures...

Time: Sat December 15, 2018 3:06 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website