A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Flood_Developer
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 4, 2018 01:50 AM
Interests: developing stuff with stuff from forgotten exile
Your Age: 100,021
What Games do you play: halo franchise(obv), biosock, half life franchise, dead space 1/2, saints row 2
Please follow closely, this door is the first of10

Post Statistics
Flood_Developer has contributed to 20 posts out of 467776 total posts (0.00%) in 30 days (.67 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 4, 2018 01:50 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000

Quote: --- Original message by: Flood_Developer

Hmm that ai stuff was spooky although happy you guys fixed it, damn opensauce. Figured out its an animation issue on the plasma rifle going to try and create my own tag with the right model and anims and hopefully that should fix it. Damn already over 250 views cant believe that crazy stuff guys, hopefully you'll like it with the ai in it ;)

Are you saying you're not going to fix it for Open Sauce users (unless the problem is solved the same way as the pause menu), or does your statement simply refer to for just this release, and that it will be fixed in future releases?

If the former, then maybe it is time to look into a third Halo CE install.
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 3, 2018 at 09:16 PM

#
I mean, i don't know much about opensauce, i use a version myself just to help performance and other goodies and the ai worked for me, there are lots of different factors that comes to fixing this for the speicific opensauce version you're using.

Well, besides older releases, I thought the only publically available version of Open Sauce was the lastest release, 4.0 (or 4.something), which came out back when TSC:E was hitting the scene.

Anyways, I went forward with the non-OS install, and it is pretty fun. The HUD is a good compromise between the lack of one in STKFT and a normal hud.
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 4, 2018 at 01:21 AM
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 4, 2018 at 01:33 AM

Thanks man feels good to know you liked it, maybe I'm using some old version oh well. Yeah the HUD was a fun thing to screw around with and try to make this small campaign distinguishable from stkft, also did ya finish it? On another note what'd you think of the design of the maps if it's not to much to ask, i try to do that story through world building so getting an opinion on that would be sweet
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 4, 2018 at 01:59 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 3, 2018 11:53 PM (Total replies: 19)

Hmm that ai stuff was spooky although happy you guys fixed it, damn opensauce. Figured out its an animation issue on the plasma rifle going to try and create my own tag with the right model and anims and hopefully that should fix it. Damn already over 250 views cant believe that crazy stuff guys, hopefully you'll like it with the ai in it ;)

Are you saying you're not going to fix it for Open Sauce users (unless the problem is solved the same way as the pause menu), or does your statement simply refer to for just this release, and that it will be fixed in future releases?

If the former, then maybe it is time to look into a third Halo CE install.
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 3, 2018 at 09:16 PM

#
I mean, i don't know much about opensauce, i use a version myself just to help performance and other goodies and the ai worked for me, there are lots of different factors that comes to fixing this for the speicific opensauce version you're using.

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 3, 2018 08:27 PM (Total replies: 19)

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 3, 2018 12:36 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Gravemind
Sure man but I still haven't gotten a chance to fix few things because i'm so busy but i'll send it to you as soon as i'm done.

Cool man be sure to give me a shout when you do, and feedback when you get a chance to play it

Are enemies to spawn with these betas? The pictures seem to suggest so, but the levels are devoid of AI. Also, it seems that the escape key/pause button does nothing at all, and I have to use the quit command or F4 just to exit. Are these issues known, on top of the Plasma Rifle issue mentioned? Otherwise, looking good so far.

Edited by austen1000 on Oct 2, 2018 at 11:58 PM

I know about the pause issue but I don't know what you mean about AI it should all spawn corectly, maybe the ai on the playthrough didn't maneuver properly or do you mean like a lack of cov on the upper floors of the hanger for example. Also thanks man
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 3, 2018 at 12:46 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 2, 2018 08:18 PM (Total replies: 19)

Wow! Waited so long for this release! Gonna test it when I can but i'm currently really busy.

Damn right my man! Hope you enjoy and bump or pm when you got that crazy good xsstuff you working on done. Have fun

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 2, 2018 02:40 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsbng9uq0mhwy4b/InfestationMap.rar?dl=0

Direct link

I'm downloading it right now, Maybe I can make a gamplay

Yeah man by all means if you like it I'd love to see gameplay uploaded somewhere :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 1, 2018 04:59 PM (Total replies: 19)

getting a http error when i try to upload to the site so I thought id just upload it to my dropbox and chuck you guys a link.
EDIT: New dropbox link that now contains an updated readme and a short map called release which i made before the infestation campaign where you play as the first of the combat forms made and tear through the swamp facility with the escaped flood, pretty much all done apart from the final trigger because there is no second map to go to.
New DB link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e84gnqf0wgtmo0x/InfestationMapBeta.rar?dl=0

Also importantly,
Shout out to StormUndBlackbird who featured my maps pictures in his video and might be doing a playthrough of it on halloween, thanks so much man. His channel is pretty sweet too if you want updates on whats good in the community so send him a like and show some love!
His video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk8lsJuw1bI&t=935s.

And another to my man the gravemind hopefully we'll be seeing an update with his new infection forms in the map, could take a while tho lol.

Full album here: https://imgur.com/a/rj9etX3.

Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 1, 2018 at 05:14 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 13, 2018 at 01:08 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 13, 2018 at 01:15 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 13, 2018 at 04:28 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Gotta go down a bit further into the tag.

https://i.imgur.com/EuR3XcG.png

thanks bro
strange i do have it set to that, ill do some tinkering about

Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 29, 2018 at 09:46 PM

Here's the beta release, having trouble uploading it to here so i did a drop box for you guys
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsbng9uq0mhwy4b/InfestationMap.rar?dl=0
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 1, 2018 at 01:23 PM

So many replies! Thanks guys for the interest I've had stellaris binge and now im back on the mapping, there are some images from the final level where you've been blown out of the ship by rigged covvy explosives to drop most of the hive protecting flood. hopefully a long level although its ending before get to the grav lift as itd be in a different place by this point in the campaign but I'm guessing still in the same general area the truth and rec level

A pelican the flood have crashed into a place that the unsc have dropped troops previously

cheeky battle, you weren't the only flood to fall down

Great man can't wait I really like this project your working on.

Yeah I love the infection form's animations. They use halo 2 animations.

As always can't wait to get my hands on those infection form tags man they look so f'ing (profanity filter) good please let me use them in the campaign when you're happy with them ill swap every actor in like six levels to show those bad boys off lol

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Hey, just so you know what's with your plasma rifle. You're using the third person model in the first person model slot. That makes it so that in first person it always shows the lowest level of detail model. Make sure you are using the first person model for first person.

thanks man ill try to fix that now

this is what I've got now and it still isn't working, soz

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Michelle to the rescue!

Also, this looks like a fun campaign, can't wait to play it, and don't forget to that SBB can Always playtest it for feedback ;)

nw lol ill release it is a beta or whatever first to get people's impressions on it

Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 28, 2018 at 04:03 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 28, 2018 at 09:36 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 28, 2018 at 09:45 PM

That keyes surrounded by biomass looks great man!

Here are gifs of them running around:
https://imgur.com/EbAjsDP

https://imgur.com/i96bksw

yeah man level 5 is done now only need to get six on the way and release
From the gifs i can see why youre cool with them they look p natural wirth the movement as they lean forward

Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 28, 2018 at 03:07 PM

Actually I am very happy with the tendrils and yeah it's probably possible but im not 100% sure.

yeah tbh im coming round to them like theyre the finer tendrils used to tap into the spinal cord through the skin, got any gifs or vids of how they look while walking? Also dont know if you've seen this yet but https://i.imgur.com/O1ELQ6e.png

update: level five is goin good and half done, its a shorter map. the sixth has the most basic stuff done and of course more images added to the album.
Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 23, 2018 at 10:46 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 23, 2018 at 10:46 PM

Yeah it's possible but I but wanted it to still have them. The first version of the model I made did not have them but I thought it looked like it was missing something.

https://imgur.com/F1s3REb

thats the image before I added it.

Edit: Oh what do you mean by flight helmet
Edited by The Gravemind on Sep 23, 2018 at 02:39 AM

the one that the pilot chick was wearing in the escape pod, that flood form looks sick btw, maybe scalling thee originals down or making a new smaller tendrils design, hell i could give it a go tomorrow if you wanted

also new content added to the album
Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 23, 2018 at 03:01 AM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 23, 2018 at 03:02 AM

Well the actual legs do move but the original tentacles legs wont be able to move. It's just permanently attached to the body.

any chance to edit the model of the original infection form and getting rid o0f or scalling down those legs since they were basically placeholder ones for halo1.
also updating the album soon with keyes chamber and an outside area of the last map
Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 23, 2018 at 01:01 AM

also think its possible to make a cheeky flood with a flight helmet on?

Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 23, 2018 at 01:39 AM

https://imgur.com/ycbh843

Yeah man that one looks mad af too, got the leg animations working yet for the halo 2 forms?

and yeah man i played forgotten exile and apart from the lore stuff loved the hell out of it and thought there was so much more that could be done so i figured out how to make this stuff and i did. got one level that shows that initial outbreak with you being one of the first infected

No I tried to make it work but doesn't look or work properly.

thats fair, id recommend changing the texture of them to smaller tendrils so they arent so prominent also

https://imgur.com/a/rj9etX3

ey screw that last post i put here's an update.
here's the imgur album link to loads of pictures of stuff in the map, be sure to read the captions

Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 22, 2018 at 03:50 PM

Those infection forms look stella, like amazing same with the elite. Just finished he forth map finally so to the fifth it is where you see keyes in his full protomind forum! going to add the shortcut to my steam library so i can take some sappies of the map for you guys.
Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 21, 2018 at 04:34 PM

I just finished porting the halo 3 elite combat form and I am still working on the human combat form. I also did do a custom infection form combining features from halo 1-3.

I'm guessing the top and legs? that'd be perfect. i love the h3 human forms too the ones in halo 1 seem so small and frail. do you think that there will be different fldcmb actors based on their armour colour? That'd be mad, and a good way to show the spread if it's not too much to ask y'know.

medium sized campaign but I've got ideas for more like the initial release and the poa battles in the speed run parts. for now it's maybe thirty minutes if you know where the health packs are maybe 45 if exploring properly. Using a mix of a50 and d20 bsps and reversing some of the maps but trying to make it seem as natural as possible. Hopefully the new levels shall add another twenty if speed running. its designed to be made with the combat form in mind, so you'll be jumping across to health packs(biomass\corpses) and maneuvering in large spaces as well as tight corridors being guided through the ship by your tendrils. Also tried to make the spread seem of flood mist seem natural and balancing each level has been a tosser. luckily they're separate map files so you can skip a level if it's giving you some trouble, some can be pretty hektic.

Sounds great I was working on a similar project but I decided to give it a break and started to work on some custom flood tags and ports I might release later.

Awesome man ive not been making many things mostly tweaking and balancing and making things like weather particle systems, what tags have you been working on?
Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 20, 2018 at 08:11 PM

currently finishing off the touches on the forth level out of six. its starts on the truth and rec when the flood crash a spirit into one of its hangers, it shows the slow progression of the infestation throughout each level as well as what was happening before chief showed up. And don't worry, there is definitely slowly increasing flood fog as it progresses to a ship that can hold the protomind.
Lots of love to the original flood forgotten exile for doing what i could never have done, they will be heavily featured in the bio of the release. Just wanted to say something since this has been a pet project for a while and its now almost finished just wanted to let you guys in on it that there shall soon be more flood content on this site.

Time: Thu October 18, 2018 9:18 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website