A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: mythichope
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 5, 2018 04:55 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
mythichope has contributed to 8 posts out of 468079 total posts (0.00%) in 37 days (.22 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I guess I should have been more specific lol. I meant post links for my map on these, halomaps', forums. I've seen a few other people do it, since Dennis doesn't update the website that often. No hate towards the guy, just trying to find a workaround. I wanted to know if it'd be alright if I did. And if so then how often would not be considered spam. I feel halomaps' community is a bit more special to me, so i'd like to share my maps here instead of on CE3's website. I hope that makes sense lol.

I already uploaded to ce3, incase anyone was about to post a link. I just want to give this community something, so is it fine if I randomly upload maps as mediafire links? Would it be considered spam or something, if I keep doing it once a week or so? Of course I can't pump out *ok* quality maps that fast, it's just an example.
Edited by mythichope on Nov 5, 2018 at 12:44 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I get a working v1.09? Nov 1, 2018 08:22 PM (Total replies: 1)

I'm trying to install custom edition v1.09 to have along with v1.10, and i've run into a bit of trouble. I've tried the version changer, installing a new ce game, and other things. I'm not able to run the 1.09 game without patching it, as nothing pulls up when I double-click the exe. And i'm also not able to patch 1.09, as it says Halo isn't installed on my computer. I've also tried to download a patched .exe and Strings.dll version of 1.09, but it just gives me a "This file is corrupted" error. Can anyone help me with this? It'd be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure which forum to post this in, as it's both a technical question and a question about general custom edition.
Edited by mythichope on Nov 1, 2018 at 08:23 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3dsmax8 CAD Animation exporter error Oct 21, 2018 10:03 PM (Total replies: 3)

In the end I just decided to get gmax. (am I crazy? lol) anyways, i'm just planning on doing animations, so. I got everything working fine in gmax, just trying to figure out how to use it better. I already made a test animation, and no errors in sight, so that's good.

Also, if I HAD to get 3ds max, would version 9 work as 64-bit? If not, do you know which versions would? Thanks for the help so far btw
Edited by mythichope on Oct 22, 2018 at 04:37 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3dsmax8 CAD Animation exporter error Oct 20, 2018 06:03 PM (Total replies: 3)

As you can see in the title, my 3ds max version is 8. Ok so i'm importing the npelican model from hugeass, animating a flight path, and exporting with CAD's thing. When I try to build with tool *tool animations levels\test\bloodgulch\npelican*, I get this error:

### 1.jmw
### ERROR reached end of file during parse.
### ERROR too many nodes in actor.
failed to parse jma

model animation compression saved 0 bytes

I'm following MattDratt's yt tutorial on this whole thing, and everything is fine except for this. Also i'm not sure if it's important, but when I export the animation, it plays it and always freezes about 80 frames before the end, then says done. Any thoughts?

I thought of that solution last night actually, was already laying down so I couldn't try it. Thanks for confirming though, really appreciated.

(script startup gotopelly
(sleep_until (volume_test_objects pelican_enter (area2)) 30)
(wake board)
)

This is my script currently ^
This is what shows in debug v

10.16.18 23:01:40 this left parenthesis is unmatched.: (script startup gotopelly
10.16.18 23:01:51 [migrate_unitplayerset_fade line 14] this is not a valid function or script name.: area2)) 30)

What i'm essentially trying to do is, when my marines enter a volume trigger, use a ai_to_vehicle so they board a nearby pelican waiting for them. "area2" is the encounter the marines are in, "board" is the name of the ai_to_vehicle script, and "pelican_enter" is the name of the volume trigger. My problem is i'm not sure how to call on my marines. I've tried armored_marine, marine, human, the squad name, and the encounter name. I keep getting the same error.

What i'm trying to do is spawn marines in every campaign level and have them follow me accordingly. What i've done so far is set up the marines, their firing positions, squads etc. I'm having a bit of a problem with getting them to swap encounters. I don't have experience with scripting, so i'm not sure how to do it. I'm maxed on Z for firing positions, and i'm trying to swap my marines to a fresh encounter, one that can restart firing positions back to A once I reach a certain point in the level. Any help? thanks in advance. EDIT: I've figured it out on my own. (how do I delete a post lol)
Edited by mythichope on Oct 16, 2018 at 07:37 PM

Time: Wed November 21, 2018 9:58 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website