A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: lightsout
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 31, 2018 05:12 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
lightsout has contributed to 1 posts out of 468079 total posts (0.00%) in 22 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Omega Campaign Released! - player feedback Oct 31, 2018 05:12 PM (Total replies: 10)

Made an account just to post a "review" on the mission. Modding CE nowadays truly is a thankless job, so the least I could do was offer my thoughts. I thought it was really good. It had a really smooth flow, the landscaping and internal areas were very well crafted and the enemy placements and numbers were just right. Nothing too overwhelming for the sake of "difficulty". Only custom assets I noticed were the jackal shields and the elite energy shields. Not that I mind, CEs sandbox stands great on its own and there were no weird and unfitting mixes of artstyles. My favorite aspect was definitely the battlefield composition. The variety, the multiple paths and little secret entrances/holes added the depth that vanilla CE is known for. I also appreciated some small details, like the covie corpses before the Flood attack. Best part for me was the "One Final Effort" segment, with the "uphill" battle against the covie turret. Felt like I was playing a Bungie level at that point. The story was pretty standard. Voice acting was pretty good for a fan project (the AI gave me some "If the Emperor had a TTS" vibes, which is always a big plus). Overall, it was very enjoyable and I will definitely add it to my annual "every Halo campaign/great fangame" marathon. Seriously, thank you for making this. I'm certainly looking forward to any future missions/projects by you. Take care.

Time: Wed November 21, 2018 9:57 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website