A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Prismatica7
About Contact
Last Post: May 5, 2019 08:41 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo, Half-Life,you name it. Anything good, really.
Slipspace rupture detected!

Post Statistics
Prismatica7 has contributed to 7 posts out of 469389 total posts (0.00%) in 168 days (.04 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE 1.0.10 won't install May 5, 2019 08:41 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe

Quote: --- Original message by: Prismatica7

I'm trying to install Custom Edition to my Combat Evolved copy from my CD.

Halo Combat Evolved and Halo Custom Edition have separate installs.

Halo Custom Edition installer: https://opencarnage.net/misc/HaloCE%20Installer.zip
Halo Custom Edition 1.10 patch: https://opencarnage.net/misc/HaloCE%201.10%20Patch.zip

If you have the time then you might also find looking at this to be useful:
https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7383-the-halo-ce-ultimate-enhancement-guide-updated-260319/

Edited by not giraffe on May 5, 2019 at 07:27 PM
You know, that would make a lot of sense that they're different. Thanks for the help and you too, @DeadHamster. I'll let either (or both) of you know if I have any more troubles.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE 1.0.10 won't install May 5, 2019 03:58 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Sorry didn't see your reply.

What OS are you on? Are you running the program as an administrator? Did you install as an administrator? Do you have any DirectX updates you may need?
My DirectX is up to date, and I'm running Windows 10 build 17134.706 on version 1803. I've run the program as an administrator since the beginning and I've even set as much in the file's properties. As for what game I have, I'm trying to install Custom Edition to my Combat Evolved copy from my CD.
Edited by Prismatica7 on May 5, 2019 at 04:07 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE 1.0.10 won't install May 5, 2019 03:24 AM (Total replies: 9)

Link

The download there will update your Halo CE install to 1.10. Place it in your installation folder, the same as haloce.exe, and run it from there.

If you still have issues once the game is updated, post back and let us know.
Yeah, that didn't work. It's still giving the message that Halo isn't installed on my PC.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE 1.0.10 won't install May 5, 2019 02:42 AM (Total replies: 9)

Did you install it through the installer in the ISO or CD, or did you get the files some other way?

Right click haloce.exe and hit properties.

https://i.imgur.com/k9wdjG5.png

Is that your file version?

The installer writes the CD key you use to your registry, I don't think Halo will start if it hasn't been written. 1.10 doesn't need the CD or ISO mounted, but will still need the registry value AFAIK.
I have the CD and it's key, and I'm running on version 1.0.0.564. I take it that I need to update to a newer version?

Quote: --- Original message by: Prismatica7

@DeadHamster They confirmed the opposite of both of the things you said. They plan to incorporate a mod community because crossplay isn't going to happen and such.
Edited by Prismatica7 on May 5, 2019 at 01:52 AM

Post links or gtfo.

Everything I've read so far has been "Working with eldewrito" even though really they haven't been. I'll believe it when I see them confirm it, and not just some shill on reddit appeasing the diehards with some ambiguous non-committals. Until then the only modding support I expect to see is the kind that gets forced in by the community.

But yeah, if you can prove me wrong post links. I'd love to see them confirm they'll release an editing kit, and for which games. But if you're gonna link me to the shill on reddit saying they're friends with eldewrito, gtfo.
I could've sworn I heard them say custom content support was planned on the actual stream, but they would've announced by now that the games would be separate and there's already a steam listing for the whole chief collection so that's out of the way. Don't wanna sound like the little turd I probably am, but I heard, I think it was ske7ch, on the Inside Xbox stream say that they indeed are planning for custom content support. I could be wrong.

@DeadHamster They confirmed the opposite of both of the things you said. They plan to incorporate a mod community because crossplay isn't going to happen and such. The Chief collection won't drop games individually either. They just add each game as it's ready, starting with Reach.
Edited by Prismatica7 on May 5, 2019 at 01:52 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE 1.0.10 won't install May 5, 2019 01:10 AM (Total replies: 9)

It keeps giving me the message that Halo isn't installed on my PC, however, it in fact is, and I reinstalled it to troubleshoot. I didn't see any answers elsewhere, and I hope I can get some help here. Any diagnosis, docs?

Time: Sat October 19, 2019 5:14 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website