A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: epicplayer
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 6, 2019 07:03 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
epicplayer has contributed to 13 posts out of 469283 total posts (0.00%) in 92 days (.14 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: LaikaGlove
Someone pointed out an issue where the obfuscator I used injected code to stop the app from working after the trial period.

Everybody gangsta 'til the Halo 3 anim extractor stops working.

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

I don't know anything about Gmod nor do I imagine others here knowing anything about it.

Edited by DeadHamster on May 28, 2019 at 07:45 AM

Funnily enough, I used these tools to port Halo stuff to Gmod in the first place lol.

I've already looked at them and I agree that they do look weird. However, I can't find any other animations with that same frame info that look off. Can you?

Here's 2 videos showing some messed up root motion for turning anims:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSVYyF0rTNg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW9KVaTKs84

Those animations use dx,dy,dyaw frame info, which is the same as the turn-left and turn-right animations. The turn-left and turn-right animations seem fine and their frame info is calculated in the same exact way, not sure why it would work on some but not others. Tell me if you see any other animations that are like that.

EDIT: I just compared my extracted flood combat elite's "combat rifle surprise_back" animations from Bonobo and CtrlAltDestr0y's h2 animation importer maxscript and they're exactly the same. I'm still not convinced there's an issue with them.
Edited by LaikaGlove on May 22, 2019 at 08:27 PM

To be specific: I imported my H3 Elite flood model from a .AMF file using default parameters, and those turning animations definitely have something wrong with them. I'll try to post a video of it in a few hours.

There's no problem with the JMT animations from what I can see...

It's definitly broken on the "turn and attack" animations for the flood as an example.

It seems like the .JMR animations can't be imported into Max, I get this error message:

-- Runtime error: animationRange cannot be set to a zero-length interval.

to be specific I'm importing the H3 Elite flood's "combat any grip" anim.

EDIT there also seems to be a problem with .JMT turning animations too, their root motion is messed up.
Edited by epicplayer on May 22, 2019 at 07:12 PM

Not sure if it's just me but some animations don't seem to get exported at all. One example would be the Halo 3 elite flood's resurrect animation "combat:any:resurrect_front" which doesn't appear when exporting its animations.

EDIT Nevermind I'm just dumb and could only see the .jms animations.
Edited by epicplayer on May 22, 2019 at 07:00 PM

If you export the sparrow model as jms and reimport it with nodes instead of bones, you don't see that issue happening.

This might be what's happening with the flood animations as well, however I'm not sure what the solution would be...

Edited by LaikaGlove on May 21, 2019 at 06:07 PM

I just exported a model as .jms from adjutant, but your jms import script isnt working when I try importing it to Max.

Once I select my jms model to be imported I get this error:
-- Unable to convert: Undefined to type: Integer

Turns out my antivirus deleted a crucial file when installing the .net stuff...

Anyways, I was looking at some Halo 3 animations and noticed that if the animation has bone-scaling in it then the bones go a bit crazy with their size (Most noticable on the flood transformation anims).

I think service pack 1 is required for .Net Framework 4.6 so that's good. Can you try running the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=246062

You said .NET Framework 4.6 didn't install because you had 4.6.2 which should be backwards compatible with 4.6. Other than that I'm not sure, you may want to google around for people with similar issues running .net applications on windows 7.

Used the repair tool, nothing's helped yet.

I'm not sure what the problem is here, do you have all the windows 7 service packs installed?
Edited by LaikaGlove on May 21, 2019 at 01:24 PM

Only Service Pack 1.

Is there anything in your debug.log? Should be in the same place as Bonobo.exe

Edited by LaikaGlove on May 21, 2019 at 12:19 PM

There ain't no debug.log here (cant post images because my account is too new):

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/475805841463836676/580441045477621770/bonobo1.png

Also here's the crash info:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/475805841463836676/580441065346301972/bonobo2.png

I'm really looking forward to being able to use this tool, but I'm having an app crash when I start up Bonobo.exe.

A few notes:
I'm using Windows 7
.NET Framework 4.6 didn't install because "a later update is already installed on this computer."
.Net Framework 4.6.2 Update installed successfully after I restarted my PC.

Can someone help me out here? It'd be much appreciated.

Time: Tue August 20, 2019 3:47 PM 312 ms.
A Halo Maps Website