A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: the4ofusaredying
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 4, 2019 09:59 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
the4ofusaredying has contributed to 3 posts out of 469375 total posts (0.00%) in 143 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] BioGoji's Campaign Mod Version 1.5 Jun 4, 2019 09:59 PM (Total replies: 10)

Oh goodie, I was hoping you'd see this so now I get to tell you what a loser you are.

I read about two sentences of what you said and I think it's great you have such strong opinions about something that has no real life relevance. How many hours have you devoted of your life to a video game that's almost twenty years old? That's means you're in your mid to late twenties and you still spend hours of your life on video games. And that's all fine, if you weren't such a pompous, pontificating arrogant little dweeb (yes, I've seen what you look).

People get there sense of purpose in part from feeling and important and I have to say it's pathetic this is what makes you feel important. Halo nerds are truly the worst. Enjoy your crap game and forum.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] BioGoji's Campaign Mod Version 1.5 Jun 1, 2019 07:43 PM (Total replies: 10)

I love you, BioGoji. 1.5.2 is perfect now. Can't believe more people haven't noticed this project or how great your work is. Can't wait for the remaining maps!!!

*Nearly perfect*

A few small things:

1. The shield effects for elites for the SMG and battle rifle is different from other weapons. You see the shield change colors as it drains. Perhaps it is mixed up with the deployable shield effects?

2. The glass in Two Betrayals (same for B40) is green/purple. I think the fix for this is to disable anisotropic filteringfiltering just for the glass texture. In ASCM, ifafudafi either changed the texture entirely or has it filtered correctly.

3. The sniper rifle zoom reticle is off in Two Betrayals.

4. There is an assault rifle right to the left at the beginning of Keyes that is cannot be picked up.

On suggestion; in The Pillar of Autumn, I think it makes more sense to introduce the Battle Rifle where you see the dead marine in the hallway (currently there's an assault rifle) leading to the airlock and stairway up to the second level. Since this is the only vertical play space in the level and you are shooting at elevated enemies, seems like a good place to first get this weapon.

I just realized you are the first person to introduce the concept of elites using human weapons once the flood outbreak has happened. That really underscores how Halo is in disarray and everyone is scrambling to get off. I think that's a really novel idea, and actually I think the SPV3 team ripped that off their upcoming map, "None left behind".

Sorry people are being negative on the imgur forums man. Every negative comment is probably an alias of Masterz, who seems to poop on any Halo fan content he isn't involved with. Great work as always and looking forward to the finished product!
Edited by the4ofusaredying on Jun 3, 2019 at 02:27 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] BioGoji's Campaign Mod Version 1.5 May 26, 2019 09:38 PM (Total replies: 10)

Hi BioGoji,

I'm not one for commenting on forums usually, but I made an account especially to thank you for this mod! To me, this is the perfect campaign mod - it keeps the look, feel and nostalgia of the original campaign, but lots of nice refinements, like some of the classic weapons from the other games that still feel true to the original art style. Also, I love how you remastered the sounds as well.

A few minor points as constructive criticism though. Chief's armor is a little too shiny in my opinion, and also is not consistent with the first person view model. When you hover over a new weapon, the image isn't completely transparent, so you see a small rectangular outline of the weapon image. Lastly, the sniper scope isn't completely consistent with the elevation tickers on the side.

One last think I wanted to point out to you if you really want to make this a masterpiece. A team of people restored all the mistakes made in the port to the original Xbox game. It is called Halo: Combat Evolved Refined. Here's the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloCERefined/comments/9lpf14/halo_combat_evolved_refined/

All of their assets are unlocked, so if you have the time or desire, you could use those as your stock campaign maps you modify.

Anyhow, I think this mod is awesome and it's the most fun I've had with Halo in a long time. I'm sure this is blasphemous here, but I think this is way better than SPV3 in terms of play-ability and simplicity. Just one person's opinion, but I have lots of gratitude for what you've come up with here!

Peace brother and keep up the great work.

Time: Tue October 15, 2019 3:56 AM 343 ms.
A Halo Maps Website