A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SgtFlex
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 4, 2019 06:35 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
SgtFlex has contributed to 4 posts out of 469375 total posts (0.00%) in 141 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: Gravemind
@SgtFlex unless you specifically want the bones to be spheres instead of diamonds then the standard AMF script should be fine. There's an option called "SetBoneEnable" - if you untick this the bones will be unlocked from their parent which will make it work better with the animation imports.
If that still doesn't work then check the envelopes and make sure all the skin weights look correct. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure what the issue could be.

Ah, that worked! Thank you!

I'm resuming some work from a few months ago and I remember coming across this issue. I was trying to get the Sentinel Enforcer from Halo 2 with some animations, and the animations runs, but it does this really weird thing where one of the arms is super stretched out.

https://i.imgur.com/lc7ZdAr.png

I remember reading another post in this thread somewhere to try using the frame edition AMF exporter instead, but it just results in this error.

https://i.imgur.com/vZJPxVB.png

Is there some additional stuff that I should be doing? Sorry, still new to all of this.

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

Tutorial

That gets the animations into 3DS max. Getting them into Gmod is your job, or the job of a different forum. Doubt anyone here will know more than what's in the video above.

Edit: Just to clarify after I re-read this; I don't know anything about Gmod nor do I imagine others here knowing anything about it. If you have questions about how the import/export process works with Bonobo/Adjutant, Ask away! Happy to help with anything related to Halo Modding. But you shouldn't expect anyone here to know how to get the Raw Data from 3DS max into Gmod. Wrong forum for that part.

Edited by DeadHamster on May 28, 2019 at 07:45 AM

This is a lot of help, thank you. I don't really need help with the gmod part, and if I do, I'll ask in another forum. I was just trying to give some context in case it mattered

I don't know if this is the right place to post, but...

Is there a guide to getting started on this sort of thing? I know it's a dumb question, but I've spent most of my night figuring out what a .map file is, how to use adjutant, and how to use Bonobo, and how to use 3DSMax. To give some context, I'm trying to get the sentinel model and animations for use as an NPC in Gmod.

There's probably something i'm just skipping over completely at this point. Trying to learn all this stuff is burning me out...

I've gotten to the point where I managed to get the sentinel model and it's bitmaps into 3DSMax, but I don't know what to do past there. This is the brick wall I hit, and I assume it's because I did something wrong since all the nodes are missing, and I don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated. I'd love to learn the process of going about this to do more NPC's especially.

https://i.imgur.com/PDlUKA7.png

I can click yes, but I don't think anything happens.
Edited by SgtFlex on May 28, 2019 at 03:34 AM

Time: Tue October 15, 2019 3:49 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website