A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Zerox
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 25, 2020 07:35 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Zerox has contributed to 11 posts out of 464918 total posts (0.00%) in 118 days (.09 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer Jun 25, 2020 07:35 PM (Total replies: 146)

Quote: i really need some help to convert collada file to vmf someone know to do if yes you could explain to me how or do the conversion, i would want just to convert the reflection (halo reach).

Are you trying to import it to Hammer? If so try importing it to blender and exporting it as a.smd with a plugin then compile the file.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/211/discussions/0/616198900641311025/
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Blender_Source_Tools

Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer May 12, 2020 07:32 AM (Total replies: 146)

Quote: there is no error

Try opening it via Powershell and seeing if an error message can be forced to come up that way.
This is a tutorial on how to do that with Blender if you have no idea what I'm talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acVi6ZvZLmQ
Edited by Zerox on May 12, 2020 at 07:33 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer May 7, 2020 04:05 PM (Total replies: 146)

Changing the AssimpScale doesn't make a difference, I'm guessing it was a coincidence that shrinking it by ~0.02539999969303608 made it just about match up.

I have tried importing it to 3ds Max 2018 student edition and several warning come up when importing it, however, it seems to be importing the collada file as an fbx for some reason.
The errors are as followed:

The following parent and/or ancestor node(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition.
-~lower_arm
-~upper_arm
--base

While reading or writing a file the following notifications have been raised.
-Warning: The transform of node "~hull" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
-Warning: The transform of node "~upper_arm" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
-Warning: The transform of node "~lower_arm" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
-Warning: The transform of node "~bot_landing_gear" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
-Warning: The transform of node "~l_landing_gear" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
-Warning: The transform of node "~r_landing_gear" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
-Warning: The transform of node "~top_landing_gear" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
-Warning: The transform of node "-hull" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
-Warning: The transform of node "-base" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
-Warning: The transform of node "-landgear" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer May 6, 2020 11:31 AM (Total replies: 146)

Blender's only scale option when importing collada files is to "Import Units", and that doesn't seem to do anything.
Does Reclaimer apply modifiers when creating collada files? If so, it's probably due to blender not supporting modifiers when importing collada files.

Regardless of that question, I did find a slight work around.
I opened the collada file in notepad++ and noticed that it says
    <unit name="meter" meter="0.02539999969303608" />

I tried shrinking the mesh by .02539999969303608 and that caused it to almost line up, likely due to Blender rounding it to 0.0254.
Is there any way to get that number down to a shorter number when exporting to a collada file?

Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer May 6, 2020 07:52 AM (Total replies: 146)

The bones are correctly connected to one another and the mesh is also correctly rigged, however, it seems that either the bones are not scaled correctly, or the mesh is not scaled correctly.

In addition, I'm not certain if its supposed to be this way, but transparency on the textures seems strange. The holo portion of the chair has no transparency, and the main body of the chair has transparency to it. Perhaps the value of the alpha channel of the images are being inverted at some point during generation?

I'm not knowledgeable about how the engine for Halo 2 treats transparency so for all I know this could be the way they are supposed to look and the game's engine just knows how to use them to make the holo light transparent.

Additionally, toggling the alpha channel on the holo texture does not make a difference in the way Reclaimer displays it.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I cannot thank you enough for all the updates and fixes you have been hammering out.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer May 5, 2020 08:43 AM (Total replies: 146)

Alright!
The obj issue is differently fixed, and the geometry of collada exports is correct.
However, there is still an issue with the bones. They are in the correct location and are correctly named, however, they being exported as empty objects instead of bones. There also appear to be a bunch of armatures that don't have anything inside of them.
This is occurring in both Blender 2.79 and Blender 2.8.

In addition, for Blender 2.8, initially only the mesh for the hologram will be visible, however, if the collection if toggled off then back on the everything will be visible, so they are clearly there.

Thanks for all the updates!
Edited by Zerox on May 5, 2020 at 08:44 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer Apr 29, 2020 01:07 PM (Total replies: 146)

Upon further inspection, I've realized that there are issues with the collada version of the file as well. Its likely related to the bones, as they are clearly not where they are supposed to be. Let me know if there is anything I can send you are try to help iron out this issue.

Also, it would appear that the OBJ issue does not occur when importing into the newest version of blender.
Edited by Zerox on Apr 30, 2020 at 09:01 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer Apr 15, 2020 08:40 AM (Total replies: 146)

Good news! It doesn't crash and produces a collada file that can be imported to blender.
Unfortunately, the obj can't be imported to blender v2.79 and the collada file only imports with a small part of it.
Interestingly enough both the collada and the obj can be imported into Noesis so it might be a blender exclusive issue.
Error message in the top corner is the error when importing the obj, and the rest is what shows up when I import the collada file to blender.

I was able to export the collada as an fbx using Noesis and while the bones look to be in the wrong place, I can work with it.

Thanks!
Edited by Zerox on Apr 15, 2020 at 11:06 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer Apr 10, 2020 08:37 AM (Total replies: 146)

It crashes the whole application, no message in the output window.
I must have misspoke, the program crashes when trying to export as collada, however it doesn't create a crash file. I'm not using any format because I couldn't find any addons that would allow me to import AMF or JMS files into Blender.

It created 2 crash logs in Event Viewer.

The first one's source is .NET Runtime
Application: Reclaimer.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Exception Info: Assimp.AssimpException
at Assimp.Unmanaged.UnmanagedLibrary+UnmanagedWindowsLibraryImplementation.NativeLoadLibrary(System.String)
at Assimp.Unmanaged.UnmanagedLibrary+UnmanagedLibraryImplementation.LoadLibrary(System.String)
at Assimp.Unmanaged.UnmanagedLibrary.LoadLibrary(System.String)
at Assimp.Unmanaged.UnmanagedLibrary.LoadLibrary()
at Assimp.Unmanaged.UnmanagedLibrary.LoadIfNotLoaded()
at Assimp.Unmanaged.AssimpLibrary.GetExportFormatDescriptions()
at Assimp.AssimpContext.TestIfExportIdIsValid(System.String)
at Assimp.AssimpContext.ExportFile(Assimp.Scene, System.String, System.String, Assimp.PostProcessSteps)
at Reclaimer.Plugins.ModelViewerPlugin.WriteModelFile(Adjutant.Geometry.IGeometryModel, System.String, System.String)
at Reclaimer.Controls.ModelViewer.btnSave_Click(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, System.Windows.RoutedEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(System.Windows.Input.InputEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(System.Windows.Input.InputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr, System.Windows.Input.InputMode, Int32, System.Windows.Input.RawMouseActions, Int32, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
at Reclaimer.App.Main()

The second's is Application Error
Faulting application name: Reclaimer.exe, version: 1.1.137.1254, time stamp: 0x5e8859ba
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23677, time stamp: 0x589c9620
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000c54f
Faulting process id: 0x4d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d60f3300c68037
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Gravemind2401\Reclaimer\Reclaimer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: e4a41e27-7b26-11ea-a109-005056c00008

I just tried installing Microsoft .NET Framework v4 from Microsofts website, in case that was the issue, but the installer states that I have it or a higher version already installed. I specifically have version 4.7.2
Edited by Zerox on Apr 10, 2020 at 08:42 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer Apr 8, 2020 09:03 AM (Total replies: 146)

I have only tried extracting from Halo 2 .map files, but every model I have tried extracting has crashed.
Textures extract with no issues.
None of the models are extracting without causing it to crash.

I have been trying to extract models from 05b_deltatowers.map
More specifically,
render_model
objects\vehicles\gravity_throne\gravity_throne
However, every model I have tried has caused it to crash.

Here is the contents of my settings.json
{
"Theme": "Blue",
"RememberWindowState": false,
"WindowState": "Normal",
"DefaultHandlers": {},
"PluginSettings": {
"Reclaimer.Plugins.BatchExtractPlugin": {
"DataFolder": ":plugins:\\Batch Extractor",
"PromptForFolder": true,
"OverwriteExisting": true,
"FolderMode": "Hierarchy",
"BitmapFormat": "TIF",
"BitmapMode": "Default",
"ModelFormat": "amf"
},
"Reclaimer.Plugins.MapViewerPlugin": {
"MapFolder": null,
"HierarchyView": false
},
"Reclaimer.Plugins.ModelViewerPlugin": {
"DefaultSaveFormat": "amf",
"MaterialExtension": "tif"
},
"Reclaimer.Plugins.PakViewerPlugin": {
"PakFolder": null
},
"Reclaimer.Plugins.MetaViewer.MetaViewerPlugin": {
"ShowInvisibles": false
}
}
}

Edited by Zerox on Apr 8, 2020 at 09:04 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer Mar 14, 2020 12:26 PM (Total replies: 146)

The program crashes for me whenever I try to export models as OBJ, OBJ with material and COLLADA. Here are some of the crash files it produces.

To be honest, I'm not sure what caused this code to come up. I think it was COLLADA, but COLLADA hasn't been producing crash files since I last tried.

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
at System.IO.Endian.EndianWriter.WriteStringNullTerminated(String value)
at Adjutant.Geometry.Extensions.WriteAMF(IGeometryModel model, String fileName)
at Reclaimer.Plugins.ModelViewerPlugin.WriteModelFile(IGeometryModel model, String fileName, String formatId)
at Reclaimer.Controls.ModelViewer.btnSave_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
at Reclaimer.App.Main()

OBJ and OBJ with Material Produce this code.

Assimp.AssimpException: Error loading unmanaged library from path: assimp.dll

The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Assimp.Unmanaged.UnmanagedLibrary.UnmanagedWindowsLibraryImplementation.NativeLoadLibrary(String path)
at Assimp.Unmanaged.UnmanagedLibrary.UnmanagedLibraryImplementation.LoadLibrary(String path)
at Assimp.Unmanaged.UnmanagedLibrary.LoadLibrary(String libPath)
at Assimp.Unmanaged.UnmanagedLibrary.LoadLibrary()
at Assimp.Unmanaged.UnmanagedLibrary.LoadIfNotLoaded()
at Assimp.Unmanaged.AssimpLibrary.GetExportFormatDescriptions()
at Assimp.AssimpContext.TestIfExportIdIsValid(String exportFormatId)
at Assimp.AssimpContext.ExportFile(Scene scene, String fileName, String exportFormatId, PostProcessSteps preProcessing)
at Reclaimer.Plugins.ModelViewerPlugin.WriteModelFile(IGeometryModel model, String fileName, String formatId)
at Reclaimer.Controls.ModelViewer.btnSave_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
at Reclaimer.App.Main()

Time: Thu July 9, 2020 12:34 AM 329 ms.
A Halo Maps Website