A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: musicman888
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 26, 2009 06:28 PM
Interests:
Your Age: Age does not matter, only knowledge does.
What Games do you play: Halo, Metroid, Star Wars, Guitar Hero, Mario, Ace Combat 6, and others
"Blade be true this day."

Post Statistics
musicman888 has contributed to 256 posts out of 469382 total posts (.05%) in 4,677 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Jun 24, 2009 12:26 AM (Total replies: 3743)

Great to see all this progress on SPv2 and all that....I'm just a bit confounded and need some clarification (preferably from CMT themselves).

I'm confused on the way boarding (or multi-team vehicles) is being implemented into SPv2. Is CMT using the IG app to enable all that or are they using Open Sauce with complex scripts to enable all that???

Thanks for the answers ahead of time! And keep up the great work.

--musicman888

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP MP map: Cavern Temples? May 12, 2009 12:15 PM (Total replies: 59)

Wow Koo294, this map looks really well done with a unique map idea (atleast unique to what I have seen). And is your avatar quote right? Is the BSP really "100% done with only 26k tris"?!?!?!

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction2 WIP official thread Sep 29, 2008 02:21 PM (Total replies: 2618)

It seems that everybody else has already addressed the bugs that need fixing that I would have addressed :D

Anyways, personally I still think that this vehicle from the map Avalanche, released by Spartan04, would be a nice addition to the map: http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb78/musicman888/coolvehicle.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong though guys.

EDIT: It also seems that the tags for the non-treaded Snow Hog need fixing or something as the vehicle could not be entered.
Edited by musicman888 on Sep 29, 2008 at 02:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Halo Custom Edition Infoview Sep 14, 2008 02:17 PM (Total replies: 23)

I seem to also have a problem when scrolling with this. It tends to stretch out the text that is already displayed. Anyone know how to fix this?

Halo CE General Discussion » [IG] Intergalactic Morons Thread Sep 6, 2008 10:43 PM (Total replies: 145)

mmmmm master haz ordured me bump this topic! yesh! BRAAAINZ FOR THE MINION! zombie slave obeys and gets braaaaainz as reward! yesh! YESH! IG BRAINZ!!!

(Please Note: I would not normally talk like the above on this forum and is strictly done for theatrical purposes based on the following post.)

Halo CE General Discussion » [IG] Intergalactic Morons Thread Aug 26, 2008 07:49 PM (Total replies: 145)

I regret to inform you kai5888 that the aforementioned application is not available for download at this time. It is still in development. Thank you for your interest in it though.

BUMP.

The amount of maps would only make Halo CE load longer I think. And would increasing the Virtual Memory capacity help out this issue?

Thanks for the tips Dennis and thanks for the Troubleshooting link. I tried everything on there though but still it is doing the same things as in my first post.

But thanks for the tips.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Terminal, someone please make it!? Mar 19, 2008 09:56 PM (Total replies: 32)

Quote: --- Original message by: SPARTAN04
Guess what I have been working on

You told me what map that is Spartan but I won't ruin the fun for these guys :D
It looks nice for what the pics show but I will only say that it should be a fun Halo 2 port.

First off, Dennis, I am not sure where to post this so if this isn't the right Forum Section, fell free to move it to where it needs to go.

Secondly, I have been playing Halo Custom Edition for a little over a year now and then suddenly I go to check out some of the new maps in game and BAM! I get lag on everything. I lag even on the UI of HCE and HPC. I looked at my FPS in-game on BG and on the UI Main Menu. Here's as follows:

Quote: In Game: ON BG

Standing still - 10 FPS
Moving - Under 10, VERY lucky to get 15

UI - Fluctuates between 10 and 20, spikes briefly at 60 sometimes

In Safe Mode IN Game: on BG

Everything FPS wise is fine. Even on UI.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both games but that didn't work. I have done system restores and that didn't work. I have done a defragmentation but that didn't work either.

I am pretty sure it is not my graphics card either because I can run all other games on High settings just fine as if I were in Halo.

Please, any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey all, and I am simply posting in here to show my viewpoint on the matter. My viewpoint on the matter is that I agree with both sides to a degree, and I agree with most people's responses here more-so than others depending on what they say. My viewpoint is this: That some, but not all tags made by others, should be open-sourced at the creator's discretion. The word "some" means that any old tags that the creator is not using anymore and that he/she is going to scrap anyways. Perhaps released in an untextured version would force people to learn how to texture and then put it in a map. It is highly unlikely that anyone new here would obviously put it in a Custom BSP, and it would most likely go into a Mod or some sorts and that they might not texture it, but that is the person, who downloads the tag/s, choice. Now notice how I said "at the creator's discretion." I say that because, knowing map makers and being in some mapping clans, most people become attached to their work; I know I do even if it isn't for Halo Custom Edition. If CMT, Zteam, or anyone else chooses not to open-source their tags, then that is their choice and I am proud, perhaps you should be too, that they even released the map/s with that content in it. If the won't give you their models then at least they give you the option to play the map, look at the models in-game, and see the quality that happens through hard work. Through pictures taken in-game, much can be learned if one watches closely.

Quote: People only protect their maps so that their tags do not get mis-used. Simple as that. Sure it is unfair, but guess what, neither is life.

This statement by SiMuLaCrUm, is so true on so many levels. Life is not fair and people will make their own choices. Granted some of those choices may be bad, to some, but the HCE Community will have to live with the creator's choices about open-sourcing. There is nothing anyone can do to change his/her decision unless they change it themselves. What is, is. What happens, happens. There is nothing the community can do to change that.

Quote: I've plagiarized, and I haven't gone to jail.

Dark Zealot, when I read this from you I about died of laughter about what you have to learn about plagiarism. When you are in College, and when you get caught plagiarizing, you can, and most likely will, get kicked out of the college on probation and it will be put on your record that you plagiarized. I am in College English, therefore I should know and you will also fail the paper which sucks. I hope you change your ways on plagiarism before college my friend.

And lastly, a quote from H4Z4RD.

Quote: Open sourcing is better because we can learn and grow from other people's past experiences.

Open-sourcing may be better, but only on certain levels. How can one learn from an already completed model? If a video of the model being made was released, much more would be learned than just looking at an already completed model. But I do kind of understand what you meant there.

Anyways, to end this long "rant" on this topic, I will end by saying: If you open-source, then good for you. I am happy that other people can use your creations yet sorry if they are mistreated and you do not get any credit. If you do not open-source, then good for you. I admire that you are making the choice to not let the model be mistreated yet sorry that people will only be able to look at the models in-game. Perhaps to all of you, whether you open-source or not, should make videos of the model/s being made or something, so the "next generation" of mappers can see how to make wonderful looking scenery, weapons, vehicles, BSP's, and etc...

Just my input and viewpoints here. Thanks for taking your time to reading this.

--musicman888

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] IG-BFS PE Mar 1, 2008 09:37 AM (Total replies: 295)

Why rush everything through just to get it into a map contest? Why not just take your time and make everything with you best effort and not rushed? People, in my opinion, would love the map a lot more if it wasn't rushed and released just for a map contest. There is an equation that I have seen on several maps that have been released. The equation is: "When things are rushed it looks like crap, and when things take their time everyone is happy in the end." I mean, sure people will be happy it is released but maybe everything won't be the best that it could be. Then some people might get all mad that you released a map that has crappy parts in it. That equation is not always true though, but it is true like 99.9% of the time.

I would just like to say, "Don't rush it for the contest. Take your time on it and make everything the best it possibly can. People will enjoy it more that way."

Thanks for reading through this rant.

--rebeldoom [/rant]

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] IG-BFS PE Feb 28, 2008 07:40 PM (Total replies: 295)

You do have a point there Dhark....

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] IG-BFS PE Feb 27, 2008 10:51 PM (Total replies: 295)

Actually chains, I think he means that you guys should stop the project unless you scale it down. He wont quit Halo, I think....

Personally, I say go for it and if it needs to be scaled down then scale down where need be.

Halo CE General Discussion » IG Requesting of human resources! Feb 19, 2008 06:54 PM (Total replies: 30)

Hey thanks for answering my question Dhark. Just wondering anything else new happening with the map?

Halo CE General Discussion » IG Requesting of human resources! Feb 17, 2008 08:09 PM (Total replies: 30)

Well Dhark the map looks great from what I can tell from that one picture, I am just worried about one thing you said "When we release it, the public version will be smaller and have less stuff thou". (You said this in the WIP thread if I remember correctly.)

I understand about the public version and such, but there is a problem. Why do two different versions? Why not let the public see what you have worked hard at in this map with the full shi-bang version? Two different will confuse a great many people so why not release the FULL version and not two versions. People will be confused and some will feel left out just because one version of the map is better if they are in the clan.

To me, I think it would just better overall for everybody if I think you just release a entire "shi-bang" version because you are making the map for the HCE community as a whole.

These are just my opinions and viewpoints on this though and I could be wrong.
Edited by musicman888 on Feb 17, 2008 at 08:10 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Quest for rigging powa! Dec 30, 2007 11:50 PM (Total replies: 1231)

@ thearbiter: I believe that I joined before you. :P

@ Kiwi: lets talk about this on Xfire if you have it or PM's over halomaps.

Halo CE General Discussion » Quest for rigging powa! Dec 30, 2007 09:45 PM (Total replies: 1231)

Actually Kiwi, when you get all of the Achievements you don't get a helmet, you just get the added katana on the back of the Hayabusa Chest.

Halo CE General Discussion » Need Help! Friend has a problem... Dec 23, 2007 05:33 PM (Total replies: 4)

OK. Thanks Rm860.

Halo CE General Discussion » Need Help! Friend has a problem... Dec 23, 2007 05:20 PM (Total replies: 4)

Thanks Rm860. I will see if that helps but he did tell me, I thought i said it in my original post but maybe I didn't, that when he clicks the download button it just stays at the page he was on and does not go to the homepage. But what you gave me is a start so thanks. :D

Time: Thu October 17, 2019 12:25 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website