A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Flash44x
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 11, 2015 11:32 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play:
What would you have your arbiter do?

Post Statistics
Flash44x has contributed to 527 posts out of 469516 total posts (.11%) in 4,728 days (.11 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Survey: Which GPU do you use? Aug 11, 2015 11:32 AM (Total replies: 68)

MSI GeForce GTX 770 4GB

Halo CE General Discussion » An amusing question... Jul 22, 2015 08:24 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Megatron
Quote: --- Original message by: Flash44x
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6447 Do note that it will only work on v1.09 with OS deactivated.

Are there any OS-compatible alternatives?
Not atm.

Halo CE General Discussion » An amusing question... Jul 22, 2015 02:42 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Megatron

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD

i use this one
(ai_go_to_vehicle <ai> <unit> <string>)

ai= the encounter unit= name of the vehicle string=the name of the seat, x driver, gunner etc.

i have understood that comand list only work with biped atachments ("cinematics")

i still dont know about the dropships, i think it uses recordedd animations or something like that

Edit: make sure the biped has the animations to drive or go on that vehicle
Edited by EmmanuelCD on Jul 22, 2015 at 02:07 PM

EDIT: What recorded animations, exactly?
Edited by Megatron on Jul 22, 2015 at 02:13 PM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6447 Do note that it will only work on v1.09 with OS deactivated.

Halo CE General Discussion » Useful campaign scripts Jul 16, 2015 10:42 AM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
I need some useful SP scripts:
Can you be a little more specific?

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Modding Errors Jul 6, 2015 11:11 AM (Total replies: 2)

Quote:
### FAILED TO OPEN DATA-CACHE FILE.

This error usually occurs when you try to compile a map while halo ce is still running. Check you're task manager to make sure you are not running any instances of halo ce.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Navpoints scripting HELP! Jun 26, 2015 11:38 AM (Total replies: 2)

Quote: --- Original message by: ziko

(activate_team_nav_point_flag default player objective 0.6)

Try again except this time put in 'default_red'

(activate_team_nav_point_flag default_red player objective 0.6)

Halo CE General Discussion » Xfire Shutting Down! End Of The Line :( Jun 11, 2015 03:35 PM (Total replies: 101)

Rip xfire.

steam: flash44x

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo ce engine is lacking hard Jun 11, 2015 03:27 PM (Total replies: 75)

:O

Halo CE General Discussion » Problem in map section Apr 21, 2015 12:40 PM (Total replies: 7)

Any tags that got saved without administator permission are saved in
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program files\Microsoft games\halo custom edition
So you might wanna retrieve any lost files from that folder.

To fix the problem you might wanna try to completely turn off the administrator permission check.

You can turn it off completely by making the following change in regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Change the value for EnableLUA to 0.
UAC Enabled = 1
UAC Disabled =0

Then reboot. But you can't use windows 8 Metro Store apps until you re-enable it again.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Switching bsps in a sp map ingame Mar 23, 2015 12:51 PM (Total replies: 8)

Put this in your script:

(switch_bsp <bsp index>)

To find out wich bsp is wich index, open up your scenario in Guerilla and scroll down to structure bsps. The first one in the list is labeled as '0' and the second as 1 and the third as 2 ect... So simply put in the number of the desired bsp.

Edited by Flash44x on Mar 23, 2015 at 12:52 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » How can I get Halo 2 music? Mar 15, 2015 06:35 AM (Total replies: 12)

http://mp3cut.net/

Halo CE General Discussion » Scripts for dropping A.I In Sapien. Mar 7, 2015 08:18 PM (Total replies: 13)

(vehicle_load_magic <vehicle> "rider" (ai_actors <ai_encounter>) This will load the vehicle with the specified ai encounter.
(object_teleport <vehicle> <flag>) Teleports the vehicle to the starting spot.
(recording_play_and_hover <vehicle> <animation>) This will let the vehicle play the rec animation
(sleep (- (recording_time <vehicle>)60 ) Waits until the vehicle has finnished the assigned rec animation.
(vehicle_unload <vehicle> "rider") Releases the ai from the vehicle.
Edited by Flash44x on Mar 7, 2015 at 08:20 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC2 + OS compat fix Mar 4, 2015 09:29 AM (Total replies: 126)

Quote: --- Original message by: Xx1Talon1xX
I'm not sure whats wrong, when I have the loader in Controls and hac.dll in the main directory and then try running the game I get to see halo splash screen and then it crashes to blackness with a white box and then I get a message of, Halo has crashed......

Im not sure if its you or me, but If I remove the loader, the game will play and I see more servers but no other hac stuff works
Same here.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Scripting Noob Help! Feb 8, 2015 08:09 AM (Total replies: 2)

Well there are two ways to get bipeds to move around in cutscenes.

The first and easiest way is by creating custom record animations using this little tool http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5939 But it only works on v1.09 with OS deactivated and with the framerate locked at 30FPS.

This tutorial should explain how to set the tool up and how to use it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxt2VB0UAus

The second way, which is a bit more complicated, is by attaching bipeds to an AI encounter, and making them execute a command list. I can't go into much detail concerning the ai command lists because it completely depends on what u want.

What you do is make a simple ai encounter and make sure it is not initially created, and initially blind, deaf, and braindead, then set the team index to 1 (player). Add a squad to it, and name it whatever you like. Give it a simple actor type like "marine_armored assault rifle"(Anything will do but I usually use this one). Ignore all other options. Now add and name the biped you want to use in sapien. Depending on your script and situation you might wanna check the 'not placed' boxes.

Now you wil need to implement this into your script. I will give you an example from my current sp project.

-
-
-
(object_teleport (list_get (players) 0) hide) - Teleports the player away to a safe location
(object_create_anew cinematic_cyborg) - This will create our biped in case you checked the 'not placed' boxes.
(sleep 1)
(ai_attach cinematic_cyborg cinematic_cyborg) - This wil attach our newly created biped to our ai encounter.
(camera_set cut2a 0)
(sleep 1)
(ai_command_list_by_unit cinematic_cyborg cut_cyborg_intro) - This will assign the command list to our newly created biped.
(sleep 20)
(fade_in 0.00 0.00 0.00 20)
(camera_set cut2b 100)
(sleep 50)
(camera_set cut2c 100)
(sleep 80)
(ai_command_list_advance_by_unit cinematic_cyborg) - This will allow the biped to continue with the command list in case ur using the 'wait until told to advance' command.
(camera_set cut2d 0)
(sleep 100)
(fade_out 1.00 1.00 1.00 20)
(game_save_totally_unsafe)
(sleep 50)
(ai_detach cinematic_cyborg) - Detaches the biped from any ai encounter.
(object_destroy cinematic_cyborg) - Gets rid of the biped.
(cinematic_stop)
(object_teleport (list_get (players) 0) begin) - Teleports the player to the bipeds last location in my case.
(show_hud true)
(player_enable_input true)
(fade_in 1.00 1.00 1.00 20)
(camera_control false)
(activate_team_nav_point_flag default_red player obj1 0.00)
(wake scramble)
(wake chiefradio)
(sleep 50)
- ect.

If you have any questions regarding this or sp map making, feel free to contact me by PM or add me on xfire: fbi88was88for

Edited by Flash44x on Feb 8, 2015 at 08:32 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Current Popular Maps Feb 3, 2015 07:28 AM (Total replies: 12)

I highly recommend you join these servers: http://www.realworldce.com/

Join us every night for some intense halo ce action on the best custom maps. We play a lot of good and old classic maps such as snow grove, tensity, wartorn cove ect.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 questions Jan 9, 2015 07:48 PM (Total replies: 3)

Should be something along these commands I think. Correct me if im wrong.

(vehicle_load_magic <vehicle> "rider" (ai_actors <ai_encounter>)
(object_teleport <vehicle> <flag>)
(recording_play_and_hover <vehicle> <animation>)
(sleep (- (recording_time <vehicle>)60 )
(vehicle_unload <vehicle> "rider")
Edited by Flash44x on Jan 9, 2015 at 07:50 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » animation recorder Jan 9, 2015 04:27 PM (Total replies: 2)

Your probably using v1.10.

It's only compatible with v1.09.

Halo CE General Discussion » OpTic's thread of confusion Jan 5, 2015 07:53 AM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: OpTic
Urgh.Here comes the tough one... wait for new OS? Or re-install?
Or you could rename your current halo ce directory and install halo ce again so you got both versions.

Halo CE General Discussion » Happy New Year! Jan 1, 2015 08:25 AM (Total replies: 32)

Happy new year everyone!

My new year resolution... Getting back to school.
Edited by Flash44x on Jan 1, 2015 at 08:25 AM

So far I really like the beta. The gameplay was very fast-paced and fun. The graphics were just gorgeous imo.

I really hate the commentator. He's way to chatty and sounds like a hyped-up idiot. I do like how the Spartans are talking to each other though, its actually hepful.
Edited by Flash44x on Dec 29, 2014 at 03:35 PM

Time: Fri December 13, 2019 8:12 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website