A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Rexhunter99
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 28, 2011 04:11 AM
Interests: Programming, Writing, Drawing, Gaming
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play: Too many to name
- C++ Programmer
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Rexhunter99 has contributed to 128 posts out of 469494 total posts (.03%) in 4,698 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » cant connect to live Nov 28, 2011 04:11 AM (Total replies: 10)

I had the same problem, my account had reverted to silver, but I recently stocked up on a new 3 month gold and H2V works.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 28, 2011 12:28 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Also I'm happy to announce we've added in backpack weapons thanks to Kirby, and unlike in H3/Reach, they show up in cutscenes as well! To top it off, our cutscenes now feature your readied weapons!

A few years ago I was thinking of ways to pull this off with just your readied weapon using scripts, I had the idea down but never got around to writing any of the scripts (got bored of all the crap that goes on here on Halomaps) glad you guys did it though, especially since it was my favorite part of cutscenes in Halo 2, seeing Arby/Chief walk about with different weapons.

Anyway, finally finished reading all 42 pages of this topic and I'm disgusted in the behaviour of this forum. I won't start arguments, point fingers or name usernames but sheesh. Leave CMT alone to do their work people and maybe it will get done faster.

Good luck you masters of modding and I'll go over to Halomods to see if I can lend my hand with OS since I have advanced C++ knowledge.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo CE/PC. Hopes / Expectations Apr 23, 2011 09:15 PM (Total replies: 65)

Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
Quote: --- Original message by: milkkookie
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
Quote: --- Original message by: SeL
I was under the impression it was only being developed for the 360, not both it and the PC.

Yeah, it's only for xbox.

still cool

Maybe for you, I like my FPS on pc's

Because you don't have an Xbox 360 is probably why. I've already had arguments on other forums about which is better and honestly, PC and 360 are equal. I can play both types of games (mind you, no auto-aim because it breaks sniping in my experiences) I will agree that in some cases you just need a more powerful rig because Fallout greatly dislikes my Xbox.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] MAC Cannon :D Apr 23, 2011 09:13 PM (Total replies: 226)

This is why the forums are they way they are. You keep ignoring the fact that I am not even considering the strings list as information and keep shoving it towards me. If I were a troll, this would be the perfect excuse to troll your topic.

Guys there's no argument, I was simply saying that in game, the dialogue from the characters refers to the stationary weapon as a "Mass Driver" But when they're on the PoA or when Frigates are bombarding things they say "MAC Rounds" or "MAC" when referring to the Mass Accelerator Cannon that are built into UNSC vessels as an offensive weapon.
(Mentioning ships makes me realise we've never seen Bungie's rendition of a Destroyer class vessel on either Human or Covenant sides... weird)

@mastur_cheef:
Grow up kid, seriously.

I am not going to repost even if you decide to throw yet another strings reference to me.
Edited by Rexhunter99 on Apr 23, 2011 at 09:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] MAC Cannon :D Apr 23, 2011 09:08 AM (Total replies: 226)

Quote: --- Original message by: Amazingcuziam
Quote: --- Original message by: Petera275
Nice bump. I tried texturing it, but my version looked rubbish so I gave up. Seriously though. I would love to get stuff in-game but my 3ds doesn't like me, neither does my JMS exporter. Anyone willing to get some models in tag form? :D

Help is appreciated. This refers to the MAC Cannon if Amazingcuziam wants it to be and hasn't already, seeing as it looks beast and fits perfectly in H2MT Boneyard v2.
Sure i have an untextured tag somewhere, i'll PM you a link later if you want.
@Chedders, I would suggest waiting before you try, i need to modify the falcon before the reach textures'll fit it.
@Rexhunter99, It is referred to in the entry string as a "MAC Cannon". You must have not read my post if your still trying to argue that it isn't a MAC.

Amazing, please don't blow this out of proportion. I'm not arguing with you, I am stating that in the game, the dialogue refers to it as a Mass Driver. Whether or not the strings list refers to it as a MAC Cannon (which is incorrect, it is not a Mass Accelerator Cannon Cannon) what I was pointing at was the dialogue. Sorry if that was unclear.

Halo CE General Discussion » The solution Apr 23, 2011 08:46 AM (Total replies: 1)

Kinda confusing what you're pointing at in the second quote, but as for the infected Covenant Cruiser, it was so easily stopped by glassing half a continent, if the Elites hadn't moved faster, all of Africa would have become flood controlled.

Why would the Gravemind allow its enemies to rush to a wealth of forerunner technology that might possibly destroy its kind? Or severely cripple it? Even in a tactical decision that sounds kind of stupid and the Gravemind is not really known for making split second decisions, everything it does is because of cold, calculated thoughts.
Moreover, as far as we know (according to canon thus far) the Flood never reached the Ark and thus, have no collective knowledge of what it does or what its capable of.

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Apr 23, 2011 08:39 AM (Total replies: 1627)

I don't see why there's such a fuss about this map, I can't see it working well in the game engine at all. It's so large, how are even 16 players going to play on it? Also, before anyone throws Hugeass at me, that map had players traversing the large exterior in pelicans/longswords for a good 1-3 minutes just to find another player/reach the other base.
It's a nice idea and all but it would really only work with 32+ players and in the Halo 3/Halo Reach engine considering how large it is.

Not trolling btw.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] MAC Cannon :D Apr 23, 2011 08:27 AM (Total replies: 226)

Quote: --- Original message by: Amazingcuziam

Quote: --- Original message by: Rexhunter99
I don't mean to be a stick in the mud but in Halo: Reach they refer to it as the Mass Driver, not the MAC. Mass Driver is another name for a Railgun type weapon, also MACs are much larger, having either to be mounted on large human vessels, space stations or built into the planet's crust.
That big ass gun in Reach may very well have been a Railgun, you gotta remember that on Reach they had a lot of prototype weaponry in use, it was where the Battle Rifle was designed and tested IIRC.

Nice models all the same guys :)
Quote from halo wiki "The mass driver is a somewhat primitive United Nations Space Command orbital launch assembly designed to propel low-weight payloads into orbit, otherwise known as orbital lifting. The operating principle of the mass driver is essentially the same as that of the Magnetic Accelerator Cannon: it is a large coilgun that magnetically accelerates a package consisting of a magnetizable holder containing a payload.

While not a purpose-built weapon like the UNSC's Magnetic Accelerator Cannon, these platforms are still potent weapons of opportunity. While never formally incorporated as a weapon, mass drivers have been used at as defensive magnetic accelerator weapons at Harvest, the Rubble, and Reach." Ontop of that, when you walk up to it in Halo: Reach, it says "Press E to enter MAC Cannon". Don't believe me? Go look for yourself. Mmk, now that thats taken care of...
EDIT: Copy pasted from wikipedia, "A mass driver or electromagnetic catapult is a proposed method of non-rocket spacelaunch which would use a linear motor to accelerate and catapult payloads up to high speeds. All existing and contemplated mass drivers use coils of wire energized by electricity to make electromagnets. Sequential firing of a row of electromagnets accelerates the payload along a path. After leaving the path, the payload continues to move due to momentum.
A mass driver is essentially a coilgun that magnetically accelerates a package consisting of a magnetisable holder containing a payload. Once the payload has been accelerated, the two separate, and the holder is slowed and recycled for another payload." Their article on a "Mass Driver".
Edited by Amazingcuziam on Apr 23, 2011 at 08:19 AM

Might I just say that Wiki's are not the most reliable source of information, you shouldn't really quote a Wiki.
But yes I am not going to argue about this, just saying that in game it was referred to as a Mass Driver and a Railgun is a kind of Mass Driver.

Tis all I was saying.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] MAC Cannon :D Apr 23, 2011 06:33 AM (Total replies: 226)

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud but in Halo: Reach they refer to it as the Mass Driver, not the MAC. Mass Driver is another name for a Railgun type weapon, also MACs are much larger, having either to be mounted on large human vessels, space stations or built into the planet's crust.
That big ass gun in Reach may very well have been a Railgun, you gotta remember that on Reach they had a lot of prototype weaponry in use, it was where the Battle Rifle was designed and tested IIRC.

Nice models all the same guys :)

Halo CE General Discussion » What styal of SP map is your favorite? Apr 23, 2011 06:09 AM (Total replies: 91)

Hey HiGuy, just want to say your Lumoria got me back into HCE, it was a really well set up campaign mission, it felt like a nice addition to the actual stock Halo campaign and I really wish you guys weren't dropping the project...

As for what I like, a Linear Campaign mission that offers you various choices through the progression of the map, nothing too big (scale wise, eg; don't do A30 maps, those were too large and empty of anything worth looking at) but definitely do something where there's enough room for some vehicle action and foot-soldier action. I love being challenged but not being overpowered significantly (eg; don't shove 4+ wraiths and a bunch of ghosts and a banshee up my butt, that stuff makes the level too hard and in the end I'd quit and not play it again) don't litter useless weapons or overpowered weapons over the map and make everything feel like you really are in a military campaign of sorts.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo CE/PC. Hopes / Expectations Apr 22, 2011 11:08 PM (Total replies: 65)

Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
If they add or change the Story what so ever I may lose it.

I mean come on its only been 10 years, this game does not need a remake.

It only needs an Update.

A decade warrants a game update, meaning modern graphics capabilities and effects, if they touch the storyline too much (or at all) no one will play it.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo CE/PC. Hopes / Expectations Apr 22, 2011 09:38 PM (Total replies: 65)

Quote: --- Original message by: Xoronatus

Quote: --- Original message by: Dancing Mad
No thanks, I don't want to see Halo CE's legacy ruined by Games for Windows Live.

Yeah, NO WINDOWS LIVE!!! The UI and online system are one of my absolute favorite things about Halo PC. The UI is so easy to navigate, so easy to work with, and easy to find anything. Setting up the controls is a dream compared to the awful h2v setup. You can make as many accounts as you want. No sign-up, no pop-ups. Have an Internet connection? Good, just load up the game, hit internet, hit join game, refresh. Bam, you're in control. Want to make a game, choose Internet or LAN, easy as cake. It took me forever to get Live setup for h2v, and I don't like it that much. "Please enter your e-mail, address, phone number." I don't need all this paperwork, let me play the game already.

Quote: --- Original message by: darknesssamurai
Your thoughts?

1) Better netcode. I don't want so much lag!!! But, that will be in there of course.
2) Put in those gametypes like Headhunter, VIP, blah blah blah.
3) Put in some new maps. Just like in ODST on disk 2 where there were 3 new maps.
Edited by Xoronatus on Apr 22, 2011 at 09:13 PM

^This

Also H2V barely works on Windows 7, I can't get any Games For Windows Live Games to work on my machines at all and it seems 70% of us Win7 users can't at all.

Halo CE for XBox 360 I'm fine with, XBL is great, GFWL sucks really bad, the entire scheme was poorly introduced and poorly developed, also Microsoft like to tell me that it's my fault their faulty software won't work on my brand new hardware, so they can GF'ed

As for backwards compatability, that is a big no-no, maybe a tag/map convertor, I would not have a problem with that even if it meant sitting for a few hours while it converts.

Halo CE General Discussion » what the community hasnt done. Dec 31, 2010 06:04 PM (Total replies: 61)

The problem is a lack of talent to create the content, see some of us have really good ideas for new content, like my idea to make an entire SP map using Dinosaurs as the enemy AI, I rigged the T-Rex and all that but lacked any animating talent. When I showed the community everyone was all like "That's awesome, what a great and fun idea!" but no one wanted to help despite my pleas.

Halo CE General Discussion » HELP im banned from every server in halo WTF! Dec 31, 2010 05:30 PM (Total replies: 38)

10-20 bucks isn't all that much you know, it's so much cheaper than... oh say Half-Life 1 is.

Just buy it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Active Comoflague Effect Dec 17, 2010 03:47 AM (Total replies: 16)

The glassy effect looks cool (is eye candy) but in Halo CE it's also pretty easy to see, even at a distance. Where as the simple alpha fade effect renders the biped close to invisible with no blending effects that are clearly visible around the edges of the unit. This is why I like the Halo 2,3,Reach camo, it's much better.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo In a window Jan 11, 2010 12:45 AM (Total replies: 16)

Woah you shouldn't be able to, I'm pretty sure Halo has some CAPS set in Direct3D or Win32 & COM that prevents resizing the window like that.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Prehistoric Creatures Jan 10, 2010 01:41 AM (Total replies: 9)

Thanks for that, it helps simplify what needs doing.
Now I need to work out what damned MAXscript to use and what tool functions... the names of the tool functions are pretty easy to pick out most of the time... but I don't want to bust up my installation of HEK again.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Prehistoric Creatures Jan 9, 2010 10:57 PM (Total replies: 9)

Ahh thanks Dennis I'm actually hoping to have an AI unit at some stage... I hope I can get an animation going...
I actually don't know where to begin to be completely honest.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Prehistoric Creatures Jan 9, 2010 08:31 PM (Total replies: 9)

I wasn't really aiming to put in any cut ambient life =/ just wanted to know if there'd be any interest in seeing it done and if it were possible as well as if any experienced members would be interested in helping getting ti to work.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Prehistoric Creatures Jan 9, 2010 07:02 AM (Total replies: 9)

Well, I've had some fun with the Halo PC engine, it's quite flexible if you know what you're doing. I've had more fun with Halo's engine than almost any other engine in fact.

Anyways, I've been thinking about it for quite a while and then after playing through the campaign of Halo again, I finally decided I should ask the pros.
Would it be possible to make dinosaur bipeds/quadrapeds work in Halo? Dinosaurs that bite, swipe their tails, leap at you, chase you, etc.
The Flood AI has pretty much convinced me that it would be possible to make a Raptor or something work in Halo's engine... but I'm not sure quite how I'd go about making dinosaur enemies =/ or how to even set up their actors to make them act like dinosaurs.
But this idea branches out much further than just dinosaurs. We could have all kinds of creatures in Halo =/ just no one has thought of it or has bothered to do it, or they did bother but never mentioned it out of fear of being ridiculed.

I wasn't actually going to bother even bringing this idea up until I found myself rigging a Tyrannosaurus Rex mesh I extracted from a game made just over 10 years ago (yes it's old)
The mesh is around 450 triangles and has like 20 textures which would need to be combined to reduce the mess of texture files but otherwise is pretty good.
Here's a render of it right after rigging, all I did was adjust the lower jaw and right knee bones (the thigh bones have no vertices attached to them because it would distort the torso too much *wrinkles his nose*)

Actually, the textures even have heightmaps (bumpmaps) that are easily turned into multimaps for Halo's shaders

But enough of that, I'll let you guys (or gals if there are any here) check the topic out and make posts at your leisure.
Edited by Rexhunter99 on Jan 9, 2010 at 07:03 AM
Edited by Rexhunter99 on Jan 9, 2010 at 07:06 AM
Edited by Rexhunter99 on Jan 9, 2010 at 07:07 AM

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 2:01 AM 282 ms.
A Halo Maps Website