A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ICEE
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 14, 2012 07:38 PM
Interests:
Your Age: i have lived many lives. specify one please?
What Games do you play: all.except pokemon. (Especially Pokemon)
Hark!
AIM: Nothin
MSN IM: nuh uh
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
ICEE has contributed to 2410 posts out of 411650 total posts (.59%) in 2,744 days (.88 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Apr 14, 2012 07:38 PM (Total replies: 14224)

PSSST its not >.>

Donut basically modeled it in an infinitesimally small amount of time. Just pretend not to notice

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Apr 14, 2012 03:30 PM (Total replies: 14224)

I made some animations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGWZ1DCRX14

Yep

I feel like a lot of older CMT stuff was tacked on. Certain things were simply added into the game without any real consideration of their impact (Remember those horrid wraith turrets?). Right now I think my biggest concern is the Brutes. They're not really different enough from the other classes of covenant to warrant their inclusion, but at the same time... they're cool. I also feel the same way about brute weapons. it sort of dramatizes the automatic spamming weapon genre. We have AR, SMG, plasma rifle, brute plasma rifle, and spiker, all of which function essentially the same way and are for the most part interchangeable. I would really like to see CMT take a pass at this and change up their functionality.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 14, 2012 12:42 AM (Total replies: 14224)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIs9NgHPGUY&context=C3a993c2ADOEgsToPDskLxbBvPcSkIRy1kyE96xseX

I made a new youtube channel. Here are some animations

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 1, 2012 04:46 PM (Total replies: 14224)

Your fire animation should be more pronounced, so that it is noticeable even when firing fully automatic. You should also emphasize the throw animation, because right now you can barely see the arm cross the screen at all. Your reload needs more motion entirely.

Just keep practicing.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 24, 2011 05:48 PM (Total replies: 14224)

I've already gotten some fine crit on this from a reliable source. However, thought I'd post it anyways. When this animation set is done, I'll likely make a new youtube channel (having closed my old one) and upload it.

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z295/iron_clad_photo/?action=view¤t=MyMovie.mp4

God the video quality is awful on photobucket...

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 22, 2011 07:51 PM (Total replies: 14224)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan 279

Move it WAY up and tilt it down.
Reference the origins I made, somewhere 20-30 pages back.
Edited by Spartan 279 on Dec 22, 2011 at 05:37 PM

Except don't because that looks terrible in game.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Oct 1, 2011 12:04 AM (Total replies: 14224)

M4's are a lot smaller than you think. I'd say the m4 in that photo isn't far from accurate.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Sep 30, 2011 01:30 AM (Total replies: 14224)

I feel like the firing is entirely overdramatic. AK's dont kick THAT much.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 29, 2011 02:52 AM (Total replies: 9469)

The entire thing looks too bold and thick.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Sep 12, 2011 06:06 PM (Total replies: 14224)

If you're unaware, halo supports two reload animations per weapon. One for when the magazine is completely depleted, and one for when it isn't. Therefore you could remove the bolt pull frames from a copy of your reload animation and compile it as reload-full. I like your firing animations a lot. They flow together very well, which isn't always an easy task with the way that halo manages them.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Sep 11, 2011 11:39 PM (Total replies: 14224)

Obviously what we need more of is assault rifles that spawn a scarab with every shot. Obviously.
Edited by ICEE on Sep 11, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Sep 6, 2011 03:26 PM (Total replies: 14224)

Quote: --- Original message by: Private Caboose
This might help you.

Why would that help him? It is not a tutorial, nor is it a particularly impressive animation set. What might ACTUALLY help, is this http://www.youtube.com/user/t3hlag

These tutorials are pretty articulate. I recommend them for any beginning animators. The animation sets on this channel are also very good, and worth learning from.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Aug 28, 2011 02:44 PM (Total replies: 14224)

Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009

He is holding it with the majority of the hand on the top of the rifle, and looks like the weight of the arm si on top of the weapon. When really he should be holding it on the side with the palm placed on the side of the weapon, not on the top.

If that makes an sense at all. Trust me, ive fired a rifle like this and that is not a comfortable or logically way to hold it. I'm talking about the right hand by the way.

I think you're looking at it wrong. what you see over the weapon is the thumb, not the palm. Also I've used an m1 before too, so I know what you're talking about. However to animate the rifle in a way that would be comfortable to hold in reality, would not look good at all.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Aug 27, 2011 10:37 PM (Total replies: 14224)

Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
Quote: --- Original message by: Soldier11
I recently got into Halo stuff. I'm not totally new to animating anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeG21nS3IKU

I'd like to hear your opinions!

You don't hold that rifle like that... they weigh a ton, trust me.

What are you talking about? He's holding it fine. And I Like this entire animation set. I wouldn't mind playing with that model either..

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Aug 22, 2011 04:37 PM (Total replies: 14224)

Don't be discouraged when your first animations don't look great. My first were absolutely awful, and I think I've still got a render of ODX's first lying around somewhere.... The point is, keep practicing. Observe animations done by professionals, or more experienced animators in the community, and try to see what they've done right and wrong. If you need advice or crit, you can message me.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 10, 2011 03:02 AM (Total replies: 8176)

You're just not going to be able to accomplish the right look without editing the geometry.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Aug 8, 2011 02:58 PM (Total replies: 14224)

It would probably look better to integrate the ammo counter itself as an aimpoint.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Aug 7, 2011 07:53 PM (Total replies: 14224)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
http://www.xfire.com/video/4ba4cd/
Well... terrible animation is terrible but... yeah...
Going to fix things next week when I've got no science fair to worry about.

The thumb might be acting that way because the upperarm bones need to be constrained to the frame gun in the firing, idle, overlays and moving animations. Or, at least that should fix the problem with the left hand slipping away from the gun at various points.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Aug 4, 2011 05:38 PM (Total replies: 14224)

Quote: --- Original message by: Cheddars
thats quite a lot of polys for a knife lol. you shoukd use poly gon cruncher XD

fixed my deagle and will animate tonight
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3483/ohyeahr.png

You're trying much to hard to make the thumb curve around the hand. It looks extremely unnatural and... well impossible. Your thumb would be broken. Demolished. You should make it rest more comfortably along the side of the weapon, atop the left hand.

Time: Wed September 3, 2014 12:33 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website