A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Max
About Contact
Last Post: May 11, 2008 04:01 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play: Various.. and my AIM is SubliminalxShock. But it keeps cutting off the k.
Goodbye for a lifetime

Post Statistics
Max has contributed to 288 posts out of 469496 total posts (.06%) in 4,664 days (.06 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Map creation stuff... [Team maybe?] May 11, 2008 04:01 AM (Total replies: 3)

Yeah.. I'll help out. I can do some, probably can't test anything out. Because this wireless thing is a temporary solution. And we already know trying to play Halo on wireless just doesn't work. Plus, from my room I only get a two bar signal, so it'll lag. So, as soon as I either move, or get better service. I'll be able to test some stuff, multi-player wise anyway.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help Please Jan 23, 2008 10:02 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: selentic
Quote: --- Original message by: squeaky
naw its an upgrade... many people ive talked to hated vista cuz it barely supports halo and its programs...

i called it "upgrade" for a reason. if u want to argue.. talk to me next week when im finished being grounded.

Vista > XP

Dont give me this theres no compatibility for halo and its programs, because it is just as compatible as XP is.

Sapien doesnt work on any Duo-core computer, whether it be XP or Vista. You have to get E3pO hek or hobo, for dual core.

Dont give me this compatibility problems, because there are none. I have had vista for two months now, and there have been no problems with Max, halo, or anything I ran on XP.

Dont follow these mac fanboys who have no idea how to use a PC.

I agree. Vista doesn't have as many problems as alot of people claim. Most of them are biased to Mac and can't stand PC. So they really should keep their mouths shut about it. Just like they say "Don't knock it til you try it". And moving the mouse around doesn't count as "trying" it.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Adding A New Grenade Type Oct 11, 2007 10:23 PM (Total replies: 17)

Ahhh okay, I knew it was done before by using that method. I just didn't know exactly how.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Adding A New Grenade Type Oct 11, 2007 10:13 PM (Total replies: 17)

Isn't a third grenade type set up as a secondary trigger on a weapon?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Map Team (Reborn!) Sep 15, 2007 06:54 PM (Total replies: 7)

I would have just mentioned we were bringing the team back, and - the other stuff. But anyway... anyone wanna help out? It's kind of like a colaboration on projects more than anything, as most map teams are. But collaborations always come out alot better than single person made maps. But we discuss projects, terms, and stuff on the forums.. so check it out.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need help with rooms in map Sep 13, 2007 11:59 PM (Total replies: 20)

I stopped because your attitude is making me not even wanna be a memeber of this site.. or even play Halo anymore.. next time, instead of acting like a pompus jackass.. ask what kind of help people are looking for. If they ask for help. read the post thoroughly so you don't offend anyone.. because you damn sure offended me. I don't ask anyone to do stuff for me.. I ask for help when I need it.. which is what I did here. And what I got was someone acting like I was asking people to do everything for me, which was NOT in any way what I did at all.

Now, the kind of help I need.. I'm not good at modeling.. mainly because stuff in life has kept me from being able to learn advanced modeling and tagging.. so all I was doing was asking people to tell me how.. or show me how or something to help. "Help", being the keyword in all this. Not "do for me".

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need help with rooms in map Sep 13, 2007 09:05 PM (Total replies: 20)

I said what I wanted in the rooms.. nowhere in my post did I say "I want people to make these for me".. first of all, I like to do as much as I can myself.. and what I can't do.. I ask for help.. which is what I was doing.. doesn't matter what it sounds like to you.. at all. What matters is that you didn't read my post.. you saw what you wanted and just went off. I know there are probably alot of new people here that ask people to do stuff for them.. but I NEVER did.. NEVER have.. and despite what you 'think' about what I was asking.. I was asking for any kind of help.. help in general.. that's enough info for people with common sense. I know too many people lack common sense now days.. and that's not my problem.. I'm asking for help.. and I got this.. >_> nice, btw.
Edited by Max on Sep 13, 2007 at 09:26 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need help with rooms in map Sep 13, 2007 08:33 PM (Total replies: 20)

My point is this.. I asked for help.. Tarzan went off on me as if I was asking people to make it for me.. I asked for help.. read what I typed.. HELP... big difference between help and do.. help includes, pointing me to tutorials, giving me advice.. or even helping with it in general..

Plus.. this map I'm working on has rooms. It's NOT the rooms. The main part is huge. But not too big.. I just wanted to make rooms for it.. I had made the BSP a while back.. but never knew what to do with the rooms, and now I got ideas.. but people are being jackasses here now..
Edited by Max on Sep 13, 2007 at 08:36 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need help with rooms in map Sep 13, 2007 08:28 PM (Total replies: 20)

I wish I knew what your problem was.. I thought games were about fun.. I guess I was wrong, huh?
Edited by Max on Sep 13, 2007 at 09:24 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need help with rooms in map Sep 13, 2007 08:23 PM (Total replies: 20)

Yes, I know it's possible in Halo. And I asked for help with it. I DID NOT ask for someone to do it for me.. read what I wrote.. "If anyone can help me".. that means help.. not do.
Edited by Max on Sep 13, 2007 at 09:23 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need help with rooms in map Sep 13, 2007 03:18 PM (Total replies: 20)

I'm creating a map.. one I've been working on for a while now. I have 2 rooms somewhere in it, one I want as a dance room, and the other will be like a livingroom. I need help with certain things for each room. Below is a list of what I want in each room. If anyone can help me with any of them, please let me know.

Dance room:

Lasers (for like laser shows)
Strobe lights
Disco ball
Big stereo with separate speakers
DJ stand with turntables

Livingroom:

Animated fireplace
Couch made like a vehicle with seats you can sit on, but will not move (3 seats)
Rug decals
Window decals (to make it look like there are windows in it)
Animated cieling fan
Side table with lamp and light
Coffee table with coffee mugs and pot
Random picture frames
Big screen TV with animations showing credits for people who helped with the map

If you can help with anything, let me know.. my Xfire is maxwellevans. And my email is jmevans_@msn.com

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Should I get Halo 2 Vista? May 22, 2007 09:49 PM (Total replies: 38)

Quote: --- Original message by: SiMuLaCrUm
Yeah, and besides, Vista really isn't all that great.

And Halo 2 is a lot funner on Xbox...

Actually Vista is all that great. If it's not all that great why the hell do most companies use it and make a damn killing using it? Plus Jo Hahn from Linkin Park uses it.

Quote: --- Original message by: MF Boom
Quote: --- Original message by: E3pO
wow, just get 3ds max. "Dont steal it" buy it, its not that much. I have it.

Although I definitely support legal ownership of licensed software, you can't say "its not that much". $3,000 is NOT spare change you find in the couch. I'd be lucky if I made that in 10 years doing what I do now. [Unemployed, being I'm only 15.]

The full unabridged price is $4,500. (not that much my ass) I could buy a used car in very GOOD condition with that.

Time: Sun December 8, 2019 1:14 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website