A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Jay2645
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 7, 2010 12:34 AM
Location: I don't know, but there's a lot of dead things though.
Interests:
Your Age: 15
What Games do you play: Halo, Halo CE
Cortana saw you naked.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Jay2645 has contributed to 2082 posts out of 469504 total posts (.44%) in 4,640 days (.45 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Star Wars Mapping Team (Redux!) Jan 7, 2010 12:34 AM (Total replies: 35)

One thing which has always bugged me is how people who are the best modelers tend to completely forget about gameplay.

Those of you who are concerned about a lack of "fun" in one of my maps; don't be.

Halo CE General Discussion » Star Wars Mapping Team (Redux!) Jan 5, 2010 09:58 AM (Total replies: 35)

Not sure how I'm going to integrate it into gameplay yet, it may be a 1-hit kill melee weapon.

Halo CE General Discussion » Star Wars Mapping Team (Redux!) Jan 5, 2010 01:56 AM (Total replies: 35)

Hello again, Jay2645 here.
For those not in the know, the SWMT is committed to making a total Star Wars conversion for the Halo 1 engine. While we ARE looking at a Halo release, I am exploring the options of the Unreal Development Kit as well, and we may reuse the assets to release the mod for the Unreal Engine in addition to Halo Custom Edition.

Now, some of you may be wondering what I've been up to since I've been gone.
Not much.
I haven't been modeling much due to a bunch of problems in my personal life, but the SWMT thread hasn't been updated in a while, and I think it's just time to junk the old thread and start over new.

First, let me introduce our current member roster:
Jay2645/English Mobster: Myself, the leader of the SWMT. I do the majority of the concepts/modeling of every weapon, level, and tag you see. I specialize in modeling (and now texturing!) and population/balance.
Nexus Halo: My go-to guy when I'm too lazy to model a level myself. He comes up with the concepts/models of a level, and I let him go with it. He's allowed a large amount of creative freedom (as are all of my team members), and I can adapt something he makes to pretty much any purpose.
Advancebo: The technical side of things. When I'm frustrated with getting a biped to work, or getting the physics on a vehicle right, I dump it on him and he spits out a nice, shiny, working tag.

Second, the current level list:
Arc Hammer: The headquarters for the Empire's Dark Trooper project, as seen in the original Dark Forces game for the PS1. A mix of long, medium, and short range combat. Think of the Modern Warfare 2 map "Highrise", as that's the general feel I'm going for.
Yavin IV: The Rebel base on Yavin IV, after the Death Star battle. Based off of old classic Blood Gulch, one can say that this is our Blood Gulch mod, although it isn't really a mod, since I haven't used a single polygon of the original map.
Consider it a sexification/re-imagining of the all-time classic.
Tantive IV: A close-quarters combat map. Designed so there could be an enemy around every corner, whilst still keeping true to the original ship's design.

Current weaponry:
E-11:
The gun you'll find scattered around the Imperial's base. This IS the Stormtrooper's rifle. As such, it fires quickly and does plenty 'o damage, but overheats quickly as well with a high amount of error.
Render:

Current Status:
Everything's working fine for this gun. 100% complete, save for a possibly darkened texture.

A280:
The Rebellion's gun of choice, littered around Rebel bases everywhere. This gun does moderate damage, doesn't overheat TOO quickly, and has a mid-range amount of error. Should counter the E-11 nicely.
Render:
Sadly, none, at the moment. Wait until the texture is redone, and then you will have your render.
Current Status:
Needs 1st person, texture needs to be redone.

FC-1 Flechette Launcher:
A conventional (and primitive) "Slugthrower" shotgun. Damage/range should approximate that of the default Halo shotgun.
Render:

Current Status:
No animations, no 1st person. Texture needs some fixing.

Imperial Heavy Repeater:
Another "Slugthrower", the Imperial Heavy Repeater is what it says on the tin: Essentially, a minigun. It has the capacity to fill the air with white-hot bullets, but needs to reload often and has a limited ammo supply.
Render:

Current Status:
No texture, no animations.

Vehicles:
Will come at a later date, once I scrounge up the vehicle's max files.

I will make an attempt to keep this thread updated with the latest news and events, but as of right now, I'm busy finding out where the tags are and making some tweaks to them before showing the general public.
Also, I would very much like to expand the SWMT. If you would like to join, please show me something you've made and I'll consider letting you into our ranks.
Edited by Jay2645 on Jan 7, 2010 at 01:48 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » som star wars stuff Jan 5, 2010 01:18 AM (Total replies: 20)

Oh, hello there.

I need to get this account going again.
SWMT WAS on semi-permanent hiatus while I dealt with some personal issues in my life.

I've spent today putting together a design of a Star Destroyer hangar bay/surrounding areas.
I also have finished the model for the Imperial Heavy Repeater and I animated the AT-AT, although it needs tweaking.

I just want to give everyone where the SWMT currently stands:
Map-Wise:
Arc Hammer: Ingame, needs work. I personally think that it's WAAAY too open, it's essentially a box map with a catwalk around it at this point.
Star Destroyer Hangar (Untitled): Model 1/2 done. Layout... laid out. For those of you who have played Modern Warfare 2, think of the map "Highrise". The gameplay will be something along those lines.
Yavin IV: Model NEARLY done, I just haven't been motivated to work on it recently.
Tantive IV: Needs a redesign; the model is REALLY bad and, quite frankly, I can do better. I'm possibly going to go for a feel along the lines of COD4's "Wetworks", but nothing has been set into stone yet.
Hoth: No idea. This was something Nexus was going to begin working on when the team began to lose touch with one another.
Endor: Part of the model is down and somewhere on my hard drive. Not sure how high-quality it is.
Tatooine: Concept down; next in line to be modeled.

Weapon-Wise:
First off, every weapon needs to be balanced. I haven't conducted a single test of these new weapons yet; it's something I need to do.
E-11: Fully complete, fully animated, fully textured.
A280: 3rd person model finished, no textures, having trouble with 1st person.
Flechette Gun: Textured, 1st person model needs animations.
Imperial Heavy Repeater: Model finished.

Vehicle-Wise:
X-Wing: Having troubles with physics; was working out the bugs when my life got a lot more complicated.
AT-AT: Animated; I have no idea how I'm even going to begin putting it ingame. I'm using the Mythos .vehicle tag as a base, but if I can't get it to work, it may be just background scenery, as much as I'd hate to do it.

AS FOR THE TAGS:
I need to go about re-organizing every single one of our tags. I shifted the layout of my tags folder, instead of SWMT stuff being in "vehicles\SWMT\*blahblahblah*" or "weapons\SWMT\*blahblahblah*", I've taken the liberty of just going "tags\SWMT\weapons\*blahblahblah*", etc.
This was just as something I did to clean up my tags folder a while back, and I still need to point the tags in the right directions.

That is the latest status update from the SWMT, although there could be a bit more I've missed, as I didn't take a single glimpse into my tags folder.

OTHER NOTES:
Advancebo, Nexus: Add englishmobster to Xfire. Jay2645 has been inactive for god knows how long... And I think I forgot its password.

I would also like to get this team a bit more organized, that's been our main problem so far. If I don't keep everyone motivated, everything slacks off. I guess that's mostly my fault for not specifying what exactly it is I want from you guys, but I'll try to get better at it as we try to get the SWMT back on its feet.

One last thing: While this thing WILL see a Halo release, I'm exploring the options of the Unreal Editing Kit as well. I think that the Unreal Engine would allow me to do amazing things with this mod, and while my computers ATM can barely run Unreal, I'm still exploring my options with it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halomaps on facebook Oct 23, 2009 01:26 AM (Total replies: 89)

Who were you originally?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halomaps on facebook Oct 23, 2009 12:56 AM (Total replies: 89)

It's been a long time since I've used this account. Good catch there.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Gridlock Sep 7, 2009 03:50 AM (Total replies: 203)

Yeah, no problem.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Revelations Sep 7, 2009 03:46 AM (Total replies: 106)

Wait a second, wasn't this from our days back in Sigma? We had just released Sympathy, and I helped work on one of the earliest models of this, I think I still have it...

E: No, I have some renders, but the .max file is long gone. I might try some more digging, but what am I going to do with it, honestly?
Edited by Jay2645 on Sep 7, 2009 at 03:47 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Gridlock Sep 6, 2009 09:11 PM (Total replies: 203)

Is the Warthog supposed to be able to climb the escalators?

Halo CE General Discussion » SWMT Jun 9, 2009 05:28 PM (Total replies: 631)

Mostly some tagging work, some animations need to be done, FP models to be made. I'm going to see if I can rent a dedicated server or borrow someone else's for a day.
Edited by Jay2645 on Jun 9, 2009 at 05:28 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » SWMT Jun 9, 2009 02:04 PM (Total replies: 631)

There hasn't been updates because of, well, life in general right now.

To make a long story short, here's a (censored) version of a message my girlfriend sent me just the other day:
Quote:
I DONT EVEN KNOW WAT TO SAY I AM SO PISSED OFF AT U I TOLD U TO dratING STAY OFF MYSPACE AND NOW U RUINED EVERYTHING U dratING non-nice individual TO SAY THT I dratING OVERREACTED.....drat NO. U BETTER GO TELL THT non-nice individual THT U LOVE HER AND ASK HER OUT OR I WILL, AND I AINT JOKING, I WILL NEVER TALK TO U AGAIN non-nice individual I HATE YOU
STAY FAR OUT OF MY LIFE

All over a stupid (and untrue) rumor going around school. =/

Anyway, I picked up the SWMT models to continue work on them once again last night, so expect more updates soon.

Halo CE General Discussion » Released this weekend: Hillbilly Mudbog! Jun 9, 2009 01:55 PM (Total replies: 75)

Hey, I see you used that Archive ATV. Good for you!

Halo CE General Discussion » SWMT Apr 26, 2009 08:24 PM (Total replies: 631)

Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
I dont think we will need that large of a walker in MP. Though I dont know about the plan with the AT-AT. Of course, it could be useful in SP if we ever make one.

There will be 2 AT-ATs on Hoth, and neither one will respawn once taken down.

But, at the moment, we have no need of the AT-TE, as no maps are currently set in the Clone Wars.

Halo CE General Discussion » SWMT Apr 26, 2009 02:29 PM (Total replies: 631)

Not with my experience...

Halo CE General Discussion » SWMT Apr 24, 2009 03:05 AM (Total replies: 631)

No more transmissions until the Imperial troops can make their landing in the Lambada-class shuttle.

No AI. Well, no AI which players can interact with, there may be some behind invisible walls/inaccessible areas which would have no effect on gameplay and thus do not need to sync. Any AI would just be fighting in the background for effect (example: aerial dogfighting in the sky on Yavin and outside on the Arc Hammer, separated by an invisible wall/visible hangar forcefield, Imperial troops fighting Rebel commandos/Ewoks on Endor, Imperial defense forces on Coruscant defending the main Jedi Temple from Rebellion troops while players fight in the Archives, etc. The only maps which might not have any AI fighting behind an invisible barrier would probably be Hoth, Tantive IV, and Tatooine.
Hoth because all Imperial forces are focused on the base, and all Rebellion forces are focused on the Imperial forces, with no TIE dogfighting in the sky until the Rebellion turrets/shield can be taken down.
Tatooine doesn't involve any Imperial forces at all (gasp), just a bunch of Jabba's mercenaries against Leia, Luke, Lando, Han (no Chewie as they are all using the same bone setup in order to be permutations and thus Chewie would be the same size as everyone else), and possibly some generic Rebellion troops to fill in the gaps.
The Tantive IV doesn't have any AI fighting in the background because the ENTIRE ship is playable area, meaning there are no inaccessible areas for AI to be fighting in.

Before people start whining about "WHY ARE YOU INCLUDING AI AND MAKING IT A NOOB MAP", again, these AI are JUST FOR EFFECT. They add a background to the fighting, making it seem more epic, and they WILL NOT shoot at you, and you CAN NOT get to them. I know they won't sync, but since the players won't be interacting with them, they don't need to.

ANYWAY, now that that wall of text is gone, PICTURES!
T-28 Repeating Sniper Rifle:

Made and put ingame in 45 minutes, flat. Sadly, it has no textures/animations/fp. But it works ingame.

And, finally, a (possibly final) list of maps. All of these are in Max in one form or another.
Yavin IV: 90% finished in Max. Imperial LZ still needs work, Massassi caves/temples need texturing.
Arc Hammer: 95% finished, ingame. More scenery needs to be placed to give some cover. Other than that and the fact I need to polish some weapon models, it's done.
Coruscant - Jedi Temple: 90% finished in Max. Non-playable environments need work, everything needs texturing, lights need placing.
Hoth: ??? Nexus hasn't updated me on this one. The version I made a while back is only 10% finished and isn't of a high quality. Get back to me on this one, buddy.
Tatooine - Sarlacc Pit: 60% finished in Max. Sarlacc pit is modeled, desert is modeled, and Jabba's barge is half-modeled. Once Jabba's barge is finished, only the Skiffs need work, and then everything needs textures.
Endor: 45% finished in Max. Rebellion spawn is finished, the river/shoreline is completed, work has begun on the AT-AT spawn, and will soon spread to the famous Imperial bunker and finally, the main route to the Imperial bunker from the Rebel spawn will be modeled. Oh, and everything still needs texturing.
Tantive IV: 75% finished, ingame. Everything needs cleaning up, I need to make new textures, and I need to run final lightmaps.

Other things which need work:
FP is broken for A280, no idea why.
Lightsaber FP is broken, and the invisible projectiles only damage things half the time.
Rebel biped needs to be modeled. After the mess with the Stormtrooper, I might just let Advancebo handle this one.
Blast doors on the Arc Hammer don't work with a switch, I might just make them proximity-activated.
TIE fighter/X-Wing have physics problems.
Any (currently fake animated scenery) AI TIE fighters have issues with the bounding radius after a certain point and promptly disappear for no reason.
Many vehicles need modeling/tagging. This isn't really an issue for any map except Yavin.
Edited by Jay2645 on Apr 24, 2009 at 03:11 AM
Edited by Jay2645 on Apr 24, 2009 at 03:12 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » SWMT Mar 24, 2009 12:28 PM (Total replies: 631)

Quote: --- Original message by: Lone Warrior
Star Wars BF I, level: Yavin Temple, main Rebel base.

Another level from the BF series: Yavin Arena. Square temple.

The Massassi temples all look different, so there's no way I can fix a temple which isn't broken.

Halo CE General Discussion » SWMT Mar 24, 2009 12:15 AM (Total replies: 631)

I don't know where you've seen your Massassi temples, but they were filmed in South America. Mayan Ruins.
Which look more like this:

Since this isn't the Great Temple itself, I decided to employ a little creative license and make a similar Massassi temple, one of the last Rebellion outposts.

Halo CE General Discussion » SWMT Mar 23, 2009 04:21 PM (Total replies: 631)

Quote: --- Original message by: markopolo
any pictures of these reticules?

To be quite honest, I'm swamped with work right now. It will be distinctly Star Wars, though, don't worry.

***INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM (SCOUT)TK-113 TO TK-347***
LZ location has been marked. Setting up defensive perimeter nearby.
Broadcasting feed of Rebel base. Initialize TIE Carpet Bombing.

TIMESTAMP: 19/09/26 ADCO 19:15 CGT
***TRANSMISSION TERMINATES***

Edited by Jay2645 on Mar 23, 2009 at 04:27 PM

THIS is why Dennis might close Halomaps.

Look at yourselves! If Halomaps closes, where are you going to go? Modacity? No. 85% of you would be banned within the first week, another 5% within the first month. The other 10% already have accounts there.
Halomods? Well, good for you. You're just making a crappy site even crappier. Congratulations.
The only place I can think of is possibly Gearbox, but it's a Ghost Town in there. No moderation at all.
Dennis pulls a LOT out of his ass for you people, and, in return, you do crap like this: Flamewars and spam. Way to go.
It's people like you that make Halomaps the "exile" for members of Modacity.
Cut.
The.
Crap.

Halo CE General Discussion » SWMT Mar 15, 2009 04:28 PM (Total replies: 631)

Quote: --- Original message by: fatipedia
are there going to be custom reticules?

Of course! ;]

Time: Tue December 10, 2019 1:17 AM 296 ms.
A Halo Maps Website