A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: corndogman939
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 22, 2012 01:30 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play: Halo series, AC, GH, RB, god of war...
Using the same avatar since 2007
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
corndogman939 has contributed to 4183 posts out of 469347 total posts (.89%) in 4,554 days (.92 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » What's up d00ds? Sep 22, 2012 01:30 AM (Total replies: 11)

I realize this will probably get locked/deleted (Hi Dennis!) but I was feeling nostalgic and wanted to post. It doesn't seem like much has changed here, I'm glad to see this place is still up and running. Anyways, any of my old pals still kickin' around over here? If you remember me, say hi!

Is there anything cool or interesting going on in the community right now? Have any good maps, mods or otherwise come out? Make me feel like a school boy again! :D

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Sandtrap V2 (most likely.) Jan 23, 2011 02:15 AM (Total replies: 1788)

Hey Jesse, I haven't read through the entire thread but from what I can tell this looks pretty good. If you don't mind, a little credit should go my way for the original model. I modeled the towers and helped Yaksmelk with parts of the rest of the map. Although I'm not sure what all you guys have done to the original model, I'm just going off the original H3 sandtrap pics i saw.

Cel shading is usually part of the rendering engine, and since we can't change halo's rendering engine, you have to fake it. You can fake the black outline using the method of duplicating the mesh and flipping normals, but that's not practical for ingame use. You can do it in the textures, but its will always look the same from every angle. That's probably the best way to do it though.

There is also the Ink n' Paint shader in 3ds max, so you could try to find a way to use that using render to texture, but it still wouldn't look like the real thing.

A little OT but which version of Sandtrap are those pics in?

Halo CE General Discussion » NXE Themes-UnOffical Topic For all NXE Themes Aug 14, 2009 12:39 AM (Total replies: 46)

Wait, you can make custom themes for your xbox now?

Halo CE General Discussion » UMP - Uneven Map Pack Aug 10, 2009 06:58 PM (Total replies: 176)

Quote: --- Original message by: Karrde
2. Stargate fails. The acting is bad, the story is stupid and tacky, and overall the show is just boring and painful to watch. That is most likely one of many reasons that both the original and Atlantis have been cancelled.

Saying the acting is bad is not a valid argument. Yes there are a few people who aren't very good, but you can say that about any show. Most of the people are completely competent actors, its not like the show is filled with bad actors.

I'm not going to try to tell you that the story is interesting, because that is a matter of opinion, but you've led me to believe that you've probably not watched more than a few episodes. The story does in fact have some depth, that is not a matter of opinion, whether or not you like it is a different story.

Point in case, don't talk like your opinions are fact. That is a sure way to make you look like a complete fool in any situation.

Also. Sg-1 lasted 10 seasons so uhh yeah. How many shows do you know that even last that long? It lasted long for a reason. Atlantis went 5 seasons, which is also a very decent amount of time for any show. Not to mention they're making a whole new Stargate series right now, so obviously enough people like it for them to keep going.

E: I realize this discussion is old, but this boy needs to be put in his place, and i don't give a.
Edited by corndogman939 on Aug 10, 2009 at 06:59 PM

Nice detail map, although it should be a blend between that detail map, and a more wavy one. There is a texture from halo 2 like that that should do the trick (Zanzibar beach i believe). can't you use an alpha map to define which area uses which detail map? If so, do that to make certain areas different (how it is in halo 3).

ground texture looks way too tiled, paint a custom one, high res.

Halo CE General Discussion » 30 min SP Jun 21, 2009 02:04 PM (Total replies: 329)

Yeah, that's what i meant, done with a program.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3: Guardian (Request) Jun 20, 2009 11:38 PM (Total replies: 45)

lol...

gotta love this place.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Jun 20, 2009 11:35 PM (Total replies: 3743)

yeah, thats the idea behind "trusted."

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Jun 20, 2009 11:24 PM (Total replies: 3743)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ethereial
I still think a non-public beta should fix most of the bugs/problems should any arise.

Plenty of trusted friends of team members have been allowed to beta certain maps. I'm sure once the content creation is done and its in the debugging phase more people will be beta testing.

Halo CE General Discussion » 30 min SP Jun 20, 2009 11:12 PM (Total replies: 329)

Quote: --- Original message by: Joshflighter

Was that terrain+textures done procedurally or manually?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3: Guardian (Request) Jun 20, 2009 11:01 PM (Total replies: 45)

Red: get rid if those insets, they're hardly noticeable. Unless you plan on baking textures, which seems like unneeded effort.

Blue, connect those bars, save a few poly's, they're not gonna be that noticeable ingame.

Green: make those faces flat, instead of going inwards there, it'll save you a few poly's, and once again, it wont be noticeable ingame.

View image to see it bigger.

Also, which arby are we talking about here, arbiter100 or The_Arbiter?
Edited by corndogman939 on Jun 20, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread May 29, 2009 10:11 PM (Total replies: 3743)

Its not that a lot of people really hate it, its that jcap is the densest, most arrogant ass hole you'll ever meet. I want to believe that he's just a big troll, but I think hes actually that dumb.

Quote: --- Original message by: iTails
Modacity banned me for the exact way you guys were posting, so stfu and get on topic.

So Instead your doing it here?

Right, because the message will go through your thick skulls if you say it any other way. In fact, it doesn't matter how you say it, because everyone here is so intelligent they will understand immediately!

Hey guys I've got this revolutionary idea, bear with me.

You won't get called an immature retard...

If you dont act like an immature retard....

Make sense, or just another one of my dumb ideas?

No?

k.

Allow me to redirect you to my newest topic entitled: "ATTN: Halomaps Users"

This is for your own safety.

It's already been decided that the sword will be replaced with the flamethrower.

Halo CE General Discussion » Supremise Singeplayer Map official thread May 18, 2009 09:56 PM (Total replies: 13)

LazyGamer123: Please do not quote multiple pictures. The pictures are already on the page, so it just clutters up the page and makes us have to scroll more. If you are going to quote the post, remove the image tags from it so it just displays links to the images.

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 4:58 PM 484 ms.
A Halo Maps Website