A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Rhydgaled Publications
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 07:57 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
I have many questions (can't fit URL in though)

Post Statistics
Rhydgaled Publications has contributed to 246 posts out of 469496 total posts (.05%) in 4,596 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread May 28, 2009 07:06 AM (Total replies: 3743)

Quote: --- Original message by: commanderfarvel
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Quote: --- Original message by: Vern125

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
uh what? Our UI doesn't look like halo2's or 3's, and we're not working on a battle creek... One of our members is working on one for himself, has nothing to do with CMT nor can we use it, since it's ripped. Stop trying to show off your insider knowledge, because it's not from the inside nor is it knowledge.

Dude, you keep calling me a liar, even if I said something months before some of this content was released to the public. God.

Edited by Vern125 on May 27, 2009 at 04:26 AM
Edited by Vern125 on May 27, 2009 at 04:44 AM

This will be taken out of the final SPv2, because CMT won't be using the delta halo UI.

WHAT!?

As has already been explained, CMT decided to cut the Delta Halo UI from SPv2 due to the map size limit tool imposes. However, I hope CMT decide to release two versions of the campaign, one using Open Sauce. This would mean they would be able to include the Delta Halo UI in the Open Sauce version, while letting anyone who doesn't want to/can't use Open Sauce still play the campaign.

EDIT: There appears to be some confusion regarding the image. That IS the Delta Halo UI, or a slightly modified version of it. I assume whoever took the pic got hold of an old build of an SPv2 map before the UI was cut, or it is photoshoped(doubt it is the second one).
Edited by Rhydgaled Publications on May 28, 2009 at 07:09 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Melee's May 2, 2009 05:32 AM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
2)Can I change the timing of the melee damage effect? My weapon melee's slower than others and the enemies flinch before I have even hit them.

Answers please.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Melee's Apr 18, 2009 07:31 AM (Total replies: 15)

I've been very busy with college work, haven't had a chance to test that camera position out yet, thanks anyway for trying to help. Anyway:
2)Can I change the timing of the melee damage effect? My weapon melee's slower than others and the enemies flinch before I have even hit them.

Anyone know the answer?
Edited by Rhydgaled Publications on Apr 18, 2009 at 07:32 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Green reticle on friendlies? Apr 16, 2009 05:45 PM (Total replies: 41)

Quote: --- Original message by: stennett
yeah, you probably cant do it, but the game engine knows when your pointing at a enemy, so like, if you aren't aiming at an enemy, but are aiming at a player, it must be a friendly, if you get where I'm going with that?

Nice logic, that's a great idea. Using that and my suggestion:
Quote: I wonder, I think you could make a duplicate of the recticle, put it on top of the other, make it's default colour transparent and it's flashing colour green, the only problem then would be making it flash when you point at a team-mate, rather than an opponent (would that be possible??).
we might actually crack this.

Halo CE General Discussion » Green reticle on friendlies? Apr 14, 2009 08:03 AM (Total replies: 41)

I wonder, I think you could make a duplicate of the recticle, put it on top of the other, make it's default colour transparent and it's flashing colour green, the only problem then would be making it flash when you point at a team-mate, rather than an opponent (would that be possible??).

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » vehicle creation problem??? Apr 14, 2009 07:53 AM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: Polamee
Quote: --- Original message by: PVT Jenkins
There is a falling box go to search type b30 then download extract the tags then ipen the map go scenery go b30 then it should say sometin like scenery then it says falling box its movable like that

No. First of all, how can you download AND extract the tags. Second, there is no falling box animated scenery. *sigh* this is the second time you gave incorrect/irrelevant information.

By download AND extract the tags I think he means you download b30.map THEN extract the tags from it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Sanctuary UI (User Interface). Apr 6, 2009 11:49 AM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
The one problem that your UI and mine has is that the music resets whenever you pass the mouse over a button. Anyone know how to fix this?

I had this problem too, unfortunately I can't remember exactly how I fixed it (I PMed sombody and told them how once, but the PM isn't in my sent messeges box anymore). Anyway, I remember I used this tutorial to get the right bitrate and stuff: http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=987533#post987533 then when somthing still wasn't right I ran tool again using a different quality setting (0.6 or 0.8 I think).

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Melee's Apr 5, 2009 04:29 AM (Total replies: 15)

EDIT: I know the second one is possible because CMT did it with their AR.
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Mar 22, 2009 at 12:48 AM

My topics keep dieing too, anyway the default Assault Rifle has a "stealth melee" animation which is what CMT used in spv1, I've no idea how to get the time of the melee though, I've had the same problem. Also anyone know the max co-ordinates to setup a camera looking at the fp arms from the proper perspective? because my animations look terrible right now.

Halo CE General Discussion » 30 min SP Apr 4, 2009 06:48 AM (Total replies: 329)

On the longsword airstrike idea, how about on one of the waves there are lots of heavy vehicles (wraiths) or hunters and just as you notice those and start panicing you get a radio message saying an airstrike is available (kind of like in ghost recon advanced warfighter 2). Then a script changes your secondary fire or flashlight into a longsword attack run button (if you could aim the strike like in GRAW2 that would be great, but I doubt you can). Then if you have the scarab, the radio message would play again, except if you tell the longsword to attack it only gets to drop half it's bombs, then then scarab's smaller turret shoots the longsword down. Anyone like this idea?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 questions Mar 25, 2009 05:28 PM (Total replies: 5)

The box you use to name regions is there in the version of gmax I have (it says it is version 1.2 in the help about box). It can be found on the main toolbar and if you hover over the box the tool-tip says "Named Selection Sets".

Sorry I took so long to get back to you, I haven't been on my hobby PC (I mainly use it for my HEK and film making hobbies, but it does get used for college work and other stuff occasionly) in a while and I don't really use gmax (I have 3ds Max 5), in fact I can't even remember why I downloaded gmax in the first place. I just opened gmax now to check that for you.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 questions Mar 18, 2009 07:41 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Megaguirus
i already have the modded version (rofl, bob fossil),
What?? are you trying to say you already have the modifed bluestreak that supports regions? if so can you actually make it export a biped without it telling you all the bones aren't nodes?
Quote: so do you still have the image?
It was it a tutorial I found a while ago, the one that taught me how to make regions, I've dug it up again for you, it was on the ghost's tutorial resource (http://ghost.halomaps.org/tutorials/ if you don't already know about that). Direct link to tutorial: http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=51808

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 questions Mar 18, 2009 07:27 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Megaguirus
1.) Iíve asked before but the thread always died, when I have a model with the skin modifier like the flood combat forms and all that, it says that there is no geometry to export (using bluestreak) and if I link it to a frame it comes up with errors, basically how am I suppose to export models with the skin modifier without these random errors?

My question topics keep dieing too anyway, when I fiddle with bipeds I import them with the gbxmodel importer then link the biped geometry to either the pelvis or spine bone (I never can remember which, I just guess each time and if it doesn't look right in-game and in-sapien I try the other bone).

Quote:
2.) i wanted to create elites with permutations which change the elites helmets and armour and all that, but when importing models I realised that the elite used regions to have different permutations on different parts of the model instead of having tonnes of permutations each with different armour and heads and stuff.
Anyway how do I make these regions?

Help will be appreciated
I know how to make regions, but I can't explain it without the image from the tutorial I used to learn it myself. It doesn't matter though since you can't export bipeds with regions (blitzscrieg will export regions, but not vertex weights, and bluestreak will export vertex weights, but not regions.) There is a modified bluestreak that supports regions but I had to edit it to make it even run and when I tried it on a biped it went through nearly all (if not all) the bones and for each gave me a warning that it wasn't a node (bones should be nodes, anoying exporters) and in-game it wasn't rigged at all.

Edit: my currently dead question topic is here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=23764
Edited by Rhydgaled Publications on Mar 18, 2009 at 07:28 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » halo 1 --halo2 pelican Mar 18, 2009 07:04 PM (Total replies: 60)

Quote: --- Original message by: Rhydgaled Publications
the jet on the same map acts mostly like a banshee but has no ability to fly backwards (I think reverse speed is negative on it, I have a jet tag kicking around that I glanced at). On this information maybe there is a sideways max speed setting which is currently set to 0 that you could change.
how about that theroy? although if it did work it might only work for alien fighter, which might prevent the vertical travel.

Halo CE General Discussion » halo 1 --halo2 pelican Mar 16, 2009 08:06 PM (Total replies: 60)

I just had a little look into this and it seems that, although what's being asked may be impossible, there may be some hope of getting it to work.

I found that despite only having a few choices of vehicle type some success has been had in getting vehicles to seem different. The phantom in extiction for instance seems to have a slower vertical travel (jump and crouch keys) than the pelican, also the jet on the same map acts mostly like a banshee but has no ability to fly backwards (I think reverse speed is negative on it, I have a jet tag kicking around that I glanced at). On this information maybe there is a sideways max speed setting which is currently set to 0 that you could change. A possible map where there is a flying vehicle that can strafe is dmt-air, where you start on a vehicle that drives much like a ghost (including strafing) which then magicly gains the ability to fly later in the level (after the switch (I'm guessing they somehow swapped the vehicle with another) though you might not be able to strafe anymore).

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » deployable equipment Mar 10, 2009 01:47 PM (Total replies: 5)

I agree, the third weapon way is anoying and no good at all, I think it would be ok-ish for machinima purposes but in game play trying to switch to your other gun and drawing a bubble sheild instead is just a pain. Personally though I didn't expect propper equipment to be possible in HALO 1's engine, (unless maybe sombody hacked gurillea to let you press the add button again under grenades in the globals, hence adding equipment as a grenade) so when I first saw that video (some time ago) I could hardlly believe my eyes.

I too would like to know how it's done, but I think only a few pepole know how.

Quote: --- Original message by: MF Boom
In your quote, the question "3" about locking the game so no more players can join... Just type sv_password "(password)", and then noone else can join without the password. That's pretty simple... That, and the sv_player_limit are the only ways to really "lock" the game.

Ok, I've tried sv_player_limit out and it is what I'm using at the moment, but I need a script that finds out how many players there are in the game, so it can continuously set the player limit to equal the current number of players in the game.

Quote: To the fourth question, yes there is. Look back at Coldsnap with the "Time of Day" feature. How to use it? I dunno. I don't know the script... But you can get the script from searching the CE section of HaloMaps files. Look at that, maybe you'll figure it out easier than I did.
Sorry, I obviosly didn't make myself clear on that one. I know you can make a UI widget button run a script, but I want to be able to open a ui widget WHEN NO UI WIDGETS ARE CURRENTLY OPEN.

Quote: Animated bitmaps are possible, but I'm not sure how. Stuntman accomplished a television screen with scrolling credits in his map Olympus Mons; perhaps the next time he signs on, I'll ask if he can explain how he did it, but I wouldn't guarantee an answer.
That's done via a shader I think, I could probablly figure out how to do that and make an extra bsp which is just a wall with the animated bitmap on it. I would perfer it if I could actually make a .bitmap animate, so it can be used as the backgroud for a UI widget.

If there is a third person animation slot in the .weapon tag (and I think there is) it would be for animations of the actual gun (for example if you want the op-handle to move in third-person you would put it here). Meanwhile the biped's arms (and the rest of the biped) are animated by the biped's animation tag.

Also:
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan

I see you also have the distorted shoulders problem, every H3 spartan biped I've seen in CE has had that problem, I've tried rigging it myself too, twice!!. My second attempt is better than the first but I'm still not happy with it. Even CMT seems to have the same sort of problem in their CMT Coagulation CE map, where some of the various perms mess up in a similar way on certain animations. In fact the only custom bipeds I've yet to notice the problem on (not that I've looked closly at all the custom bipeds ever made for CE or even seen them at all) are the Lost Spartan Biped (never used it myself, but I've seen it on other pepole's maps) and the HALO 2 biped (both rigged by Jarain (sorry, can't remember how the name is spelt) I belive).

Quote: --- Reminder:
The following are currently the more urgent questions:
2. How does the game tell which multiplayer map is which?

3. Is there a script that can lock the game so no more players can join, no matter if sombody quits? (We've made some progress so far in this topic (thanks) but we're not quite there yet.)

4. Is there a script that can open a UI widget with a button on it that runs another script?

6. In the main menu, how do you get multipule widgets to all replace themselves with another widget at once (or alternativly swap the whole solo_level_select_list.ui_widget_definition tag to a similar tag) without it exceptioning, freezing, or losing the map that was selected. (my attempts so far have all resulted in either an exception, a freeze or not actually switching the widgets.)

(2.) 3. Can sombody make me a version of the colour select screen where the list of colour buttons is a spinner list like in the vehicles page of edit gametypes or tell me how to make it myself?

(2.) 4. Can you make animated bitmaps, like animated.gif files but in-game?

I also have added yet another question (not one of the more urgent ones):
If you're one of the few who I gave my Brute chopper model, has any progress been made on tagging it to work like the HALO 3 one?

Quote: --- Original message by: Molonky500
No, u cant add that animation, because halo, or guerrilla or w/e that doesnt allow it work doesnt have the option

WHAT!! There's no way to add a look down animation for fp!! The more I hear about the HALO engine, the more rubbish it sounds, yet I look at CMT and Zteam and go WOW, this is amazing, why didn't Bungie make HALO 1 this good if the engine can do that.

Anyway I have another question, not urgent anymore but I've tried a few things to fix this problem and failed. I have a tool error in a jms I exported from max 7 at college using bluestreak (I only have max 5 at home and I need to transfer the file to work on at home). Tool says:

Crasy looking HEX values here
Exception halt in .\intermediate_geometry.c,#444: triangle->material_index>=0 &&
triangle->material_index(old_material_count

Edited by Rhydgaled Publications on Feb 13, 2009 at 07:39 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » More campaign? Feb 9, 2009 05:25 PM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: jacknme
If i am right, the ui determines what level is after it. For example is only knows a10,a30 and a50.
If you managed to edit it somehow, it might work

I'm working on a UI actually, which is why I'm interested in how the game knows which level is which, because I want to add a feature allowing multipule campaigns in a later version of the UI, many of my questions in my questions topic: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=23764 are related to my UI project.

Time: Sun December 8, 2019 3:13 AM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website