A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: yukonmuffin
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 19, 2012 11:41 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 17
What Games do you play: Halo 3, c.o.d. 5, halo ce.
Breakn' Stuff to look tough.

Post Statistics
yukonmuffin has contributed to 515 posts out of 469389 total posts (.11%) in 4,546 days (.11 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How many frames in a second? Mar 19, 2012 10:59 PM (Total replies: 3)

Thank you, kind of like NTSC eh?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How many frames in a second? Mar 19, 2012 09:55 PM (Total replies: 3)

Just wanted to add some realism to some machinery, how many frames are in a second in a jma file?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Degenerate Triangles that don't exist. Mar 19, 2012 08:20 PM (Total replies: 2)

One little detail that makes all the difference, thanks man. I was importing map.wrl instead of debug.wrl.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Degenerate Triangles that don't exist. Mar 17, 2012 07:30 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hi, Thanks for your time.

My map gets the Degenerate Triangle error during radiosity, I simplified everything geometry wise, and triple check every vertices for a hidden triangle. The geometry is sound, yet I still get the error on the floor plain. Anyone else had a similar problem? What's going on here?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Secret room Feb 27, 2012 08:29 PM (Total replies: 11)

Timberland's distance trees suck, you can do better. Either add them to the sky, or make your map bigger, use player clipping and add normal trees to the outer ridges.

Halo CE General Discussion » Recorded Animations now possible? Feb 22, 2012 02:10 AM (Total replies: 54)

They work after many attempts. It always seems to take at least 5 takes to get one that'll actually work.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Secret room Feb 22, 2012 01:57 AM (Total replies: 11)

With at secret program.

That or render only geometry...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Awesome lightmapping method error Feb 17, 2012 05:16 PM (Total replies: 19)

When I used this method, I just set all the faces to be 100% self lit, and used a light radiosity setting and ran it in sapien. I only use this method for cinematic points, because it's tedious work making things look realistic.

EDIT: It's also a good idea to use this method on all scenery, seeing as it's probably going to have it's own bitmaps anywho.
Edited by yukonmuffin on Feb 17, 2012 at 05:20 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Awesome lightmapping method error Feb 12, 2012 12:00 PM (Total replies: 19)

Try increasing the indoor power, besides that I really don't know. Play with the settings as much as possible; get a feel for what they do.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Script syntax data definition too large? Feb 5, 2012 07:03 PM (Total replies: 10)

I probably should have read up on this... Ah well, the dynamic lighting is better now at least. Now if only I could actually make a map.

I've tried everything I can think of, OC has fried my map. countless hours down the drain. Going to recompile everything meow.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Script syntax data definition too large? Feb 5, 2012 03:05 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

Quote: Only use tags saved/created by the OS HEK with the actual OS HEK. The OS HEK upgrades normal limits that the stock HEK can't handle.

Edited by Spartan314 on Feb 5, 2012 at 02:57 PM

Thanks for your help, but if you don't mind me asking, what exactly should I do? I've been using OS sapien, do I have to open all of my tags with OS Guerilla and re-save them? I also used OS tool to get this error.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Script syntax data definition too large? Feb 5, 2012 02:50 PM (Total replies: 10)

Sorry, took that out in the edit. Was just building a cache file, so:
Tool build-cache-file levels\neser\neser

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hopefully, these are my last questions. Feb 5, 2012 01:53 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: ReconNinja117

I'm almost done with my map, and I thank all of you for all the help you've been along the way. However, we're not out of this yet:
--How do you edit a weapon's pickup range (how close you have to be to pick it up)?
--Does anyone have the CMT pistol from A10 SPV2 and the BR-grenade crosshair from the CMT G3 levels? I personally can't rip them without them being corrupted. If you have them and have xfire, please send me a personal message.
-- My CMT shotgun has a plasma rifle's crosshair, my CMT BR-grenade has a pistol's crosshair, and I don't know what's making them be incorrect. Could somebody tell me?
-- How do you make spawn points only apply to one team in team games, so red spawns at one base and blue at the other?
With any luck, these are my last questions for this map and it will be released sometime in the next few weeks.
Edited by ReconNinja117 on Jan 22, 2012 at 02:59 PM
Edited by ReconNinja117 on Jan 22, 2012 at 03:13 PM

For weapon pickup radius, play with the Bounding radius (not rendering radius)
For red and blue spawn points, play with the team index setting when you create the point in Sapien.
As for you weapons, play with them in Guerrilla, that program is notoriously simple to use.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Script syntax data definition too large? Feb 5, 2012 01:49 PM (Total replies: 10)

02.05.12 11:46:17  tool pc 01.00.00.0609 ----------------------------------------------
02.05.12 11:46:17 reference function: _write_to_error_file
02.05.12 11:46:17 reference address: 42ca20
02.05.12 11:46:17 Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
02.05.12 11:46:17 tag data 'hs_syntax_data_definition' too large.
02.05.12 11:46:17 failed to load scenario tag 'levels\neser\neser'
02.05.12 11:46:17 tag data 'hs_syntax_data_definition' too large.
02.05.12 11:46:17 failed to load scenario tag 'levels\neser\neser'

EDIT:
This is defiantly Open Sauce's fault, get the same error without scripts. I just installed open sauce, anything I should know about it?
Edited by yukonmuffin on Feb 5, 2012 at 02:24 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Awesome lightmapping method error Feb 5, 2012 01:36 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: NOBLE_X6
Quote: --- Original message by: yukonmuffin
You have ambiant light settings in the sky tag? Pre-rendering textures doesn't make them automatically make them emit light (in the game's eye)

my sky tag doesn't have "Ambient Light" ?

Open the sky in Guerilla, What are the Indoor and outdoor ambient light settings set to?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle suspension animations Feb 4, 2012 11:48 PM (Total replies: 4)

tHE soUTh wiLL rIsE AGAIN! Nice model man.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » sprite error!? halp :o Feb 4, 2012 11:45 PM (Total replies: 1)

hmm, try ahobo? Sorry if that's not too usefull man.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Awesome lightmapping method error Feb 4, 2012 11:38 PM (Total replies: 19)

You have ambiant light settings in the sky tag? Pre-rendering textures doesn't make them automatically make them emit light (in the game's eye)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to make player enter Pelican? Feb 3, 2012 03:34 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: l283023
Cyborg by default can only enter these Pelican seats: P-driver, P-riderLF (rider left front), and P-riderRF (rider right front).

They use P-riderLF for b30.
(vehicle_load_magic pelican "P-riderLF" (unit (list_get (players) 0 )))

I thought RB meant the back of the pelican... Damn lol. Anyways, that worked. Thanks.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Microsoft Kinect thread Jan 31, 2012 07:51 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
lol
did you read this?
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=40044

Funny lol, that's not even very old. I couldn't find it when I searched, though the search function on this site kind of sucks. Well, now we have two threads on this site :)

Quote: --- Original message by: mastur cheef

Will you explain the 3d scanner too?
Edited by mastur cheef on Jan 31, 2012 at 08:27 AM

Download all the software I mentioned, take 10 minutes to try and figure it out (it's really simple) and if that doesn't work ask again. The brekel main program has a help menu explaining all it's functions in super simple English.

Time: Sat October 19, 2019 2:47 AM 265 ms.
A Halo Maps Website