A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Patrickssj6
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 25, 2008 11:59 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
left
Email: {hidden}
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
Patrickssj6 has contributed to 117 posts out of 479356 total posts (.02%) in 2,587 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » About the debug camera Sep 25, 2008 11:59 AM (Total replies: 15)

Don't do camera_control 1.

debug_camera_save ->saves the devmode coords into camera.txt in the HCE dir.
debug_camera_load ->loads the devmode camera and positions it at the coords in the camera.txt
=>Dev Camera

camera_control 1
=>Cinematic Camera

camera_control 0
=>1st-Person Camera

Halo CE General Discussion » Can you say h4x? Sep 7, 2008 02:30 PM (Total replies: 41)

He changed the Team Index from 1 to 0 or the other way Client sided. Change it to 3 or 4 and you disappear from the player list.

Old and Lame.

Halo CE General Discussion » is it ilegal to dl a no cd crack for HCE? Jul 22, 2008 11:17 AM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: TheFlyingWarthog
I thought no-cd's are illegal no matter how its used...
You can do whatever you want on your own computer.

That's how most people think and it's wrong. In Europe it is illegal to bypass ANY copyrighted protection no matter how you do it, where you do it.

Pretty sure that the American laws can't be that far off. Your statement is a common, logic, internet distributed assumption which is not correct, at least for Europe.

Halo CE General Discussion » halo ce time freeze question Jul 20, 2008 07:36 AM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: daniel117
WAIT i just saw cmt's double speed video and what i saw amazed me while your in double speed
the effects slowed down so if the effects can be slowed down y cant they be
completly stoped or at leased slowed down a LOT
Edited by daniel117 on Jul 18, 2008 at 01:17 AM

The value that slows down the engine is a boolean value. It accepts 0 and 1. Whether to slow it down or run at normal speed. It doesn't accept any other values.

I'm pretty sure though that there is a way....

Halo CE General Discussion » Gravity Gun Jul 19, 2008 06:39 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: Donut
why did you make blue arrow
and could you explain how you made your external gravity gun app work? it seems like you had to make new animations and such, thats a given, no?
Edited by Donut on Jul 19, 2008 at 09:11 AM

Why I made BlueArrow? It was a test.
The only new animations in the video are the animated arms...

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
Quote: --- Original message by: Patrickssj6
The rest was never really useful for the public.

So, you found that zombie app not very useful? If you think so, it's fine.

The zombie app was never finished completely. Skyline is bugging me to finish it.

Quote: --- Original message by: poop
it looks like to me on the vid that when he shoots or watever he spawns a hog there and then he throws it. i mean it could be a gun that u could make by spawning a hog there and then shooting it.

The hog attaches to an invisible marker.

Just to let you all know,
Diwidog,
E3pO(sinned),
Skyline (Xerxi),
Nath,
Sprt4n117,

BradonMP and me teamed up and made a new programming/hacking team called VA (Vivid Abstractions).

http://www.vivid-abstractions.com/

We are going to post all the newest information and applications on the forums.

http://www.vivid-abstractions.net/forum/

or other updates on Diwi's blog
http://allenthinks.com/

Edited by Patrickssj6 on Jul 19, 2008 at 07:19 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Gravity Gun Jul 19, 2008 07:21 AM (Total replies: 18)

Uhm well the Portal Gun was released...so did the BlueArrow hack and AutoShoot. The rest was never really useful for the public.

Halo CE General Discussion » Gravity Gun Jul 17, 2008 08:21 AM (Total replies: 18)

I don't even have that program anymore. I could redo it though...meh.

Halo CE General Discussion » How can I sync AI? Jun 22, 2008 08:04 AM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: Patrickssj6
H1 Xbox Lan syncs AI if I remember correctly.

At least it syncs something the regular Halo doesn't.
Split screen is not the same a network syncing. There is no netcode for AI to sync between two PC's or Xboxes. That facility was not programmed into the Halo Game engine until Halo 3

I'm not stupid. Read again...H1 Xbox LAN (aka System Link) syncs AI if I remember correctly.

who created Sixth Sense and what does it do if it's apparently worse than my BlueArrow Hack?

Halo CE General Discussion » Devmode in multiplayer? How? Jun 2, 2008 08:11 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: __napalm__
My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, damn right, they're better than yours

If you try to be funny then at least spell it right.

Halo CE General Discussion » How can I sync AI? Jun 2, 2008 08:06 AM (Total replies: 37)

H1 Xbox Lan syncs AI if I remember correctly.

At least it syncs something the regular Halo doesn't.

Halo CE General Discussion » questions May 15, 2008 02:58 PM (Total replies: 8)

Sync is the abbreviation for synchronize.

There are 2 ways of applying this to Halo...

1. VSync...which is once again an abbreviation for Vertical Sync. It's part of the graphics properties for the rendering engine. Vertical Sync synchronizes the Frames-Per-Second in game with the Refresh Rate of your monitor. Hence, no more pictures are being rendered than the monitor can display.

2. The other term of syncing is part of the memory management system in Halo. Memory si constantly being send back and forth between the server and the client. But since it's too much memory and some of it is unimportant (like scenery that doesn't move, why would you want to transfer it's coordinates?!) and doesn't get send back and forth. Also, some might be only sent from the server to the clients and not back or some of them not at all. So if you move your piece of scenery on your screen, the server won't notice is it and along with it neither do the other clients connected to it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Golden Oldies May 2, 2008 12:36 PM (Total replies: 79)

Sonic, I'm 4 1/2 years inside this community. That's older than 75% of the people on your list.

Halo CE General Discussion » [APP] Halo Dedicated Server Patcher =D Apr 9, 2008 11:12 AM (Total replies: 2)

I've had this for a long time...this is nothing special and useless second to none but I guess I'll share it.

===============
Version History
===============

Version 0.1
===========
-sv_name Halo-Only-Chars Check Bypass
-sv_name Length Check Bypass

What does that mean?

Enjoy.
http://files.filefront.com/HDP+Ver+01rar/;9967761;/fileinfo.html

If you have ideas about more features to be added, please do post them here. I'm running out of ideas all the time.
Edited by Patrickssj6 on Apr 9, 2008 at 11:13 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Error :S Mar 24, 2008 07:24 AM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkZealot
Re-install DirectX.

Haha...no.

Reinstall the graphic card driver.

Halo CE General Discussion » How to play the gametype "zombies". Mar 21, 2008 02:16 PM (Total replies: 54)

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
Wasn't patrickssj7 working on a Zombie script though?

bah on it

Halo CE General Discussion » How To Setup a Dedicated Server by =CE=Leader Mar 15, 2008 10:35 AM (Total replies: 18)

The requirement list makes me want to cry; fix it first.

Double speed powerup...that was used to create the Sheep Trainer btw ;)

Halo CE General Discussion » Multi-team Slayer? Mar 9, 2008 04:32 PM (Total replies: 39)

We did some research on the engine about more teams...for that you have to change the team indexes...

0 - Red Team
1 - Blue Team

You are going to see some interesting stuff when going to Team Index of +2...you disappear from the player list...you can kill everyone...etc.

Also, it doesn't sync actively but here for fun...hope you see the error:

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » looking for good vehicle tut Mar 2, 2008 03:52 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: H Guru
Ill have one done soon most likely completed tomorrow. The tutorial wont include the modeling stage because that would be just a waste of time, but the tutorial will include setting up nodes and markers, animating, physics and then getting it in game.

I better hope for you that you do it the correct way.

Time: Thu July 31, 2014 5:34 PM 282 ms.
A Halo Maps Website