A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Toxic_Rhino
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 10:31 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Toxic_Rhino has contributed to 149 posts out of 469529 total posts (.03%) in 4,540 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Material ID?! Sep 9, 2009 10:31 PM (Total replies: 0)

I set all the material IDs on my map already, but when I select an ID it shows that no IDs are available.

When I try to run my tool program it says 'No get function' then gives me the following error:

append face_shader_index ((findItem geom_materials geometry_objects[g].material[face_matID[f]]) - 1)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » +sky?! Aug 28, 2009 02:31 PM (Total replies: 5)

Thats not the problem :(... I'm going to try to delete the sky and create a new one... Anyone know of how I can do this fairly easily?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » +sky?! Aug 28, 2009 10:49 AM (Total replies: 5)

"click parent all the way to the top" All the way to the top of what?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » +sky?! Aug 27, 2009 10:01 PM (Total replies: 5)

I have finished my map model, and got an error which said:

append face_shader_index ((findItem geom_materials geometry_objects[g].material[face_matID[f]]) - 1)

It turns out even though my +sky material ID is correct in my Material Editor, the sky itself is not under material ID of one, when I try to change it it says in the "ID" drop down box "No Name - (1)"... Also none of my other Materials show up in the drop down box... But if I select somthing else, like the ground, all of my materials will show up in the drop down box (other than the sky material)

WTF?!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » unknown material id? Aug 26, 2009 10:29 PM (Total replies: 4)

Figured it out, thank you all

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » New Material ID Aug 23, 2009 10:13 PM (Total replies: 4)

I am working on a SP map in 3DsMax my buildings are under the material ID of my ground texture... Is there a way I can select a texture alone, and turn that into a whole separate ID, I really don't want to select all the faces again...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » unknown material id? Aug 23, 2009 03:30 PM (Total replies: 4)

I found an error on one of the bridges on the map, It wasn't textured correctly or something...

Is there a program or w/e that I can use to "jump" my view so where other possible errors are?

My buildings are under the material ID of my ground texture... Is there a way I can select a texture alone, and turn that into a ID, I really don't want to select all the faces again...
Edited by Toxic_Rhino on Aug 23, 2009 at 04:03 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » unknown material id? Aug 23, 2009 01:00 PM (Total replies: 4)

I ran my map through chimp and about 3 minutes into it, it says:

Chimp Error: Object 'skybox' has an unknown material id. See Orange Error Geometry.
Chimp Error: Object 'skybox' has an unknown material id. See Orange Error Geometry.

My skybox has a material id set to it... So what else does it need?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » intermediate geometry problem?!?!?! Aug 22, 2009 06:57 PM (Total replies: 4)

The numbers were kinda screwed up, I fixed it, but haven't "tooled" it yet... Thx for the help

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » intermediate geometry problem?!?!?! Aug 22, 2009 04:00 PM (Total replies: 4)

How can my materials be out of order?

How do I order them?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » intermediate geometry problem?!?!?! Aug 22, 2009 11:47 AM (Total replies: 4)

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool structure levels\groun
d_assault ground_assault
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
building intermediate geometry...
EAX: 0xFFFFFFFE
EBX: 0x001EED01
ECX: 0x0012F2D0
EDX: 0x000002CC
EDI: 0x0012F2D0
ESI: 0x00000000
EBP: 0x0012F1A8
ESP: 0x0012F198
EIP: 0x7C90E514, C3 8D A4 24 ?????
EXCEPTION halt in .\intermediate_geometry.c,#444: triangle->material_index>=0 &&
triangle->material_index<old_material_count

What does old_material_count mean???

The whole map model is textured (to my knowledge. I don't know if that has to do with anything...)

I used the "Link" tool in 3ds max to connect the bases to the map... Could that be the problem?

Halo CE General Discussion » haloThirdFov Help Aug 18, 2009 07:49 PM (Total replies: 5)

I got it working... I ended up installing Patch 1.08 and all of my problems were solved... Thx

Halo CE General Discussion » haloThirdFov Help Aug 17, 2009 08:04 PM (Total replies: 5)

I have been trying to get either of two third person programs working, but when I try to start them up in halo is says "EXCEPTION!" and closes the game... I have gotten them running before but haven't got them working recently... I know that if you have the "HaloPC107" installed, it won't let you use the mod, but I have tried reinstalling halo several times... Is there a location where the "HaloPC107" patch is installed where I need to go to uninstall in separately?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool Error... Please Help Aug 9, 2009 09:22 PM (Total replies: 2)

That does make since, because I moved the location of the materials after I extracted the map with chimp... THANK YOU MUCH!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool Error... Please Help Aug 9, 2009 07:13 PM (Total replies: 2)

I am making a SP map, but when I enter: tool structure levels\ground_assault ground_assault. It comes up with...

building intermediate geometry...Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool structure levels\groun
d_assault ground_assault
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
building intermediate geometry...
EAX: 0xFFFFFFFE
EBX: 0x001EED01
ECX: 0x0012F2D0
EDX: 0x000002CC
EDI: 0x0012F2D0
ESI: 0x00000000
EBP: 0x0012F1A8
ESP: 0x0012F198
EIP: 0x7C90E514, C3 8D A4 24 ?????
EXCEPTION halt in .\intermediate_geometry.c,#444: triangle->material_index>=0 &&
triangle->material_index<old_material_count

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3Ds Max Problems Dec 23, 2008 11:20 PM (Total replies: 2)

Thx, it worked

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3Ds Max Problems Dec 23, 2008 07:52 PM (Total replies: 2)

I am making a map with 3Ds Max, and when I flipped my skybox the box just turned 100% black and stays black even if I change the color of the box, my problem is that I can't see the bitmap I added to the bottom of the box because the whole dam thing is back... The only view that if messing up is the prospective view... Any clues of how to fix this?

Halo CE General Discussion » Extracting Problems Aug 25, 2008 08:10 PM (Total replies: 2)

I know that, ive seen that tutorial but in that tutorial it doesn't say anything about errors that may happen.

Halo CE General Discussion » Extracting Problems Aug 25, 2008 05:43 PM (Total replies: 2)

I have HEK plus and have been trying to use it to extract the .scenario files from any map I can. I would like to note that I am extracting all the tags from the .MAP file and not only the .scenario tag. When I try to extract from most the maps it gives me an error message even thou the maps are not protected and even says so in the description. This is the map:
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3916

With other maps it will let me extract all the files perfectly fine but when I try to open the .scenario file with Sapion, Sapion gives me an error message saying that the file is not a .SCENARIO file.

The error message reads "there was an error trying to convert this tag"

Halo CE General Discussion » Does anyone else have this problem Aug 25, 2008 05:22 PM (Total replies: 6)

Try going to https://bungie.net

Time: Mon December 16, 2019 5:02 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website