A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: goku
About Contact
Last Post: May 25, 2008 06:13 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: HALOOOO
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
goku has contributed to 42 posts out of 469521 total posts (.01%) in 4,508 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » My new map ready for test. May 25, 2008 06:13 PM (Total replies: 21)

Tanks for the replyies guys. I've finished another version of it with more impruvements. I'll post some wip's and upload it later.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » NEW vehicle: Warthcargo Apr 13, 2008 08:24 AM (Total replies: 6)

Everything is linked to the frame. For the warthcargo model folder: all the frame nodes are skined to the model and everything is linked to the main frame again. What am I missing?...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » NEW vehicle: Warthcargo Apr 11, 2008 05:21 PM (Total replies: 6)

I think are the green nodes with name prefix frame!!!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » NEW vehicle: Warthcargo Apr 11, 2008 04:37 PM (Total replies: 6)

I can model enything, but it's this node order stuff that makes things complicated. I'll like to model some Halo3 vehicles for haloCE, but first have to find the right way for them to be compiled!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » NEW vehicle: Warthcargo Apr 11, 2008 03:07 PM (Total replies: 6)

Hi to all.
I've tried to build or modify one of halo vehicles, but I'm staked at one point: compiling collision-geometry. It's a sort of human cargo (seat nodes from pelican).

All the other files were compiled sucessfully, exept collision-geometry.
The Tool error msg is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool collision-geometry veh
icles\warthcargo
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
### collision-geometry.JMS
### warthcargo-collision.JMS
### ERROR couldn't update edge #311 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #312 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #311 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #312 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #237 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #241 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #241 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #237 (red).
### ERROR failed to build collision geometry.
### ERROR failed to import collision bsp.
### ERROR couldn't import permutation 'collision-geometry' of node 'frame'.
### ERROR failed to import collision model 'vehicles\warthcargo\warthcargo'.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>

I exported .JMS to model dir, .JMA to animation dir, collision geometry.JMS to physics dir, the shaders are from warthog stuff.
The nodes are linked as follows:

Can any1 who has more experience in halo vehicles, help me please? What I'm doing wrong here(some node stuff maybe)!?

Halo CE General Discussion » My new map ready for test. Nov 5, 2007 05:20 PM (Total replies: 21)

Hi guys and thanks the sugestions. Anyway it was not that simple, maybe I have to put some screenshots from 3dsmax when I model it. It tooked hours of work to get it right. Maybe U have to try it and see it from inside. As about the details, I wanted to keep it simple, because the main idea was to get equal bases. Maybe it's beter for U to play it once, and than make the apropriate sugestions. Hope U'll enjoy it!

Halo CE General Discussion » My new map ready for test. Nov 5, 2007 02:22 PM (Total replies: 21)

Thanks for the iterest guys.
I don't care if you consider it a mod or a new map. The main idea comed from playing with my friends. We had a big discusion about the bases and thair differences in size and place. So I modeled a map refering to hengemhigh with identical bases with new ways. We play it CTF with rockets, but it can be played in Slayer mode with all the other weapons too. We almost have forgotten to play hengemhigh now. They like it very much, and I hope you do so.

Halo CE General Discussion » My new map ready for test. Nov 4, 2007 05:28 PM (Total replies: 21)

I've just uploaded my new map: varjatopetlart.
It's a sort of hangemhigh map, but with equal bases and some new bridges to walk. It is more colorefull and very nice to play it in myltiplayer mode with your friends. I play it every day at work with my friends, in CTF rokets mode.
Hope you like it.

Yes, it works now. I've tryied to change the color for the marin armored for each team making them slightly reg & blue but with no sucess. Is there any fast way to do that without moding the bitmaps?
Thanks!

Thanks man for helping, but where to put 0/1 index? There is a bsp index for each squad team but it did'nt helped much.

Hi, I've was experimenting today with some AI on my new map, and wanted to make them as a support feedback for any team. At last to be in defense mode if the oponent team comes closer to any base for instane. I tried different options and the results were selfdestructive. They shoot to any one on there way. How to make them to recognise the each team players?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HOW to Optimize my new map? Oct 14, 2007 03:04 PM (Total replies: 59)

Thanks for the replyies guys. I'll post some updates later.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HOW to Optimize my new map? Oct 1, 2007 11:55 AM (Total replies: 59)

Hi and thanks for the support guys.
I reduced the portals falf the number and the wired effect gone, but the frame rete droped to 24-25 fps and near the bases it drops to 16-18 fps. Anytime I to export the level with +exactportals max crashes. How to fix the +exactportals problem? Maybe it'll help to increase the frame rate near the bases.
Edited by goku on Oct 1, 2007 at 11:56 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HOW to Optimize my new map? Sep 30, 2007 11:39 AM (Total replies: 59)

Thanks for the help guys.
Finally some updates to my map. As U may remember I had that problem with the map size and fps performance. I've experimented a little bit with portals and solved some of my problems, but other errors comed to life. First I divaded my map to 5/4 ratio +portal, and my final map size was reduced to 19 MB, and the game performance was 15-17 fps. Don't know but every time I tried to export to .JMS(Blizckriek) with +exactportal linked to the frame, or even attached to the level itself, an export error ocurred and max crashed. I exported the level only with +portal.

I increased the +portal division to 10/17 and compiled the map again.

The map size did'nt changed but the game performance increased to 29-30 fps. At that moment a new wired error apired. I can't see anymore the map, only small parts near to the player are visible.

What is this error, and how to solve it?

Thanks!

Thanks guys for replyies.
I fixed it the easy way, simply swaping the vehicle places. But remain the fact that, how to merge all the 6+(my 2 skinned warthogs) in the game at once ?

The problem is that when I load any vehicle in sapien they show up perfectly, BUT... after tool compile, they don't show in the map, exept for my two skined warthogs.
I was playing with global.globals vehicles and I noticed that adding or inserting vehicles adds a new empty slot. I deleted the mp_red_warthog and tryied to add it a second time, this time it disapiered in game like the other vehicles. Now is only vehicle: mp_blue_warthog.
Any way to fix this mess?

First of all I copied the warthog folder and renamed mp_red_warthog &mp_blue_warthog. I've modified the base textures to give them a new look. I fixed any red text posible and at the end I insered them in the vehicle section in globals.globals. Finally the showwed in the map, but till then I can add other type of vehicles to sapin but they dont show in game after the tool compile.

Hi, and thanks for replying. I've setuped all other vehicles the right way in sapien with everything allowed for all game types, but it seems that the only vehicles that shows in game are my two skined warthogs. Have I messed something wrong in globals.globals? I just inserted my new red & blue warthogs in the vehicles section, and after that no other vehicle loads in game.

Hi, Im having an ugly problem. After skined two warthogs red&blue, I've added them to globals.globals and I can put them to any map I want now, but when I insert other vehicles: warthog, rwarthog, ghosts, scorpions, ect I can see them in sapien but not in game. I've tryied this with my new map and bloodgulch scenario, and it seems that in sapien everything is allright but aftercompile they are not present in game, apart of my two red&blue warthogs. I've tried the tutorial Scripting more than six vehicles but with no sucess. How to make the other vehicles load in game?

Time: Sat December 14, 2019 10:56 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website