A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Thunderbolt
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 4, 2012 12:38 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo
!just chilling!

Post Statistics
Thunderbolt has contributed to 68 posts out of 465511 total posts (.01%) in 4,666 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » I'd like to get a team together Mar 4, 2012 12:38 AM (Total replies: 18)

Hi maybe i can help u out with bsp modeling. Add me i would be happy to help.
xfire: ava7

Halo CE General Discussion » Official [ASP] WIP Thread Oct 18, 2009 10:01 PM (Total replies: 570)

K guys, Today I tested the map with a couple of friends and i got some feedback from them and it made me realize that the map does have some big issues.

First of all is the interiors, they are practically useless and they are so small and cramped with so much useless ramps and slopes that get in your way when ure moving.I will have to do some small remodeling.

The Second issue has to do with the very bumpy terrain and serveral slopes that are just to steep to walk on.

I want to fix these issues really quick before I give it out to anyone who wants to texture it.I dont want to be a pain in the ass and have the texturer redo his work on my map.

Other then that I was told that the gameplay was fun and the testers enjoyed it.

http://www.xfire.com/video/169982/
Its really fun killing people while coming down the slope and vice versa.

Halo CE General Discussion » Official [ASP] WIP Thread Oct 18, 2009 02:38 AM (Total replies: 570)

Here's a couple of pictures that Wolf took of Runoff.To the rest of the ASP team this test map will be done soon and you guys can do whatever you wish to use it for.I also need someone to texture the map and a sky for it.

Edited by Thunderbolt on Oct 18, 2009 at 03:17 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Official [ASP] WIP Thread Aug 9, 2009 04:22 PM (Total replies: 570)

Ill be honest with you.I have never played in Ghost Town and I have people telling me that it reminds them of that map but what is it about this map that remeinds you about ghost town?im just curious. I do want this map to look like a mix between Ghost Town and Standoff but other then that this map came straight from my head.

I have previous renders of this map in previous pages in case you havent seen them.There not much different from this one.

Halo CE General Discussion » Official [ASP] WIP Thread Aug 9, 2009 03:38 PM (Total replies: 570)

Here are some pics of the map ingame.Please ignore the smoothing there is a little more i want to add to the map before I begin modeling the cliffs,texturing,and smoothing.

Any comments or questions are welcome.

Halo CE General Discussion » Official [ASP] WIP Thread Jul 9, 2009 12:55 AM (Total replies: 570)

eliteslasher is this the part that you are taking about?

I have to say that there not cliffs and i havent modeled any of the cliffs yet but i see wat you mean that part does go straight down and ill add bevel to it. As for the structures ill see what I can do.Take a look at the wireframe the terrain may be even worse then you think.

Halo CE General Discussion » Official [ASP] WIP Thread Jul 8, 2009 08:14 PM (Total replies: 570)

The pics are in order from oldest to newest.

Alright, the terrain is almost done and all that's left is to make the cliffs and some finishing touches to the buildings. Next time I update i hope to be done with the modeling and ill post some pics of the final model.

Halo CE General Discussion » Official [ASP] WIP Thread Jun 23, 2009 09:17 PM (Total replies: 570)

So true thats the same problem i had with my last map.

Halo CE General Discussion » Official [ASP] WIP Thread Jun 23, 2009 08:46 PM (Total replies: 570)

The Structures are almost done and hopefully i will start on the terrain soon.Headhunter i hope these pictures will show you how the grey wall transitions to the greenbase.

Halo CE General Discussion » Official [ASP] WIP Thread Jun 22, 2009 07:37 PM (Total replies: 570)

I think it is time that I finally reveal this map. I have been working on this map for a couple days. The map was suppose to be a test map for the team but I think it should be realesed once it is finished. First i want to show the layout of the map.

After the layout I started building the 3 major structures in the map.

Once the im done with the structures I will start the terrain and cliffs. Any comments,sugestions, or questions are welcome.

Halo CE General Discussion » Last Territory {WIP} Jul 29, 2008 04:13 PM (Total replies: 34)

Maybe a ghost or 2.There is not a lot of room to drive a hog without running into something and I dont want people trying to block exits and entrances with them.
Although it may be fun to have a mongoose.
Edited by Thunderbolt on Jul 29, 2008 at 04:14 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Last Territory {WIP} Jul 28, 2008 08:56 PM (Total replies: 34)

Quote: --- Original message by: ChocolateNugget
Quote: --- Original message by: Thunderbolt
Josh is right the map is not for HmC. I wish there was a way to change the topic name.

Edit your first post and change the title name from there.

Nope.It doesnt work.I can only edit the message,not the title. =(

Halo CE General Discussion » Last Territory {WIP} Jul 28, 2008 02:38 PM (Total replies: 34)

Josh is right the map is not for HmC. I wish there was a way to change the topic name.

Halo CE General Discussion » Last Territory {WIP} Jul 28, 2008 01:23 AM (Total replies: 34)

It is coming soon...

Edited by Thunderbolt on Jul 28, 2008 at 01:25 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Last Territory {WIP} Jul 6, 2008 05:07 AM (Total replies: 34)

The map is not suppose to have a destructive feel or else I would of put broken walls or collapsed roofs. The only thing that I can think of destroying is the end of the bridge cause its meant to be under construction. As for pelican and dropships its not a bad idea but there is no place that I can think of putting them in.

Halo CE General Discussion » Last Territory {WIP} Jul 4, 2008 04:48 PM (Total replies: 34)

Well to start off this map has been on work for quite a while. Its offered a good amount cover and its best played as slayer.Ive has several test and gaithering people's input and thought's on gameplay so the map can suite the gameplay needs of most people.

The Pics I'm showing are in order from old to new showing the progress.

The biggest concern with the map that I have been told is the buildings but I would much rather have a map with good gameplay then one that looks bad but I will try my best to make it look good.Any concerns,questions(all thought not all of them may be answered),suggestion,critism,ideas(may or may not be taken) are welcome.

I want to thank the HmC team and those who have helped me find flaws in gameplay and the models of the map(you know who you are).
Edited by Thunderbolt on Jul 4, 2008 at 04:49 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3ds max viewport error Jun 28, 2008 05:22 PM (Total replies: 3)

Thank you so much man. I owe you one.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3ds max viewport error Jun 27, 2008 11:12 PM (Total replies: 3)

When ever im in any of the viewports the objects dissapear while im moving the screen.Take a looks at this vid.For more clarity on what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW1IQuXnv1k

I think it is a graphics card problem but im not so sure.I have a mobile Intel 945.
Anyone have any clue what might be the problem or what might have caused it?
Is there a way to fix it?

Halo CE General Discussion » Hud alpha multiplier formula Jun 19, 2008 02:58 AM (Total replies: 3)

No problem.
Edited by Thunderbolt on Jun 19, 2008 at 03:00 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Hud alpha multiplier formula Jun 19, 2008 02:09 AM (Total replies: 3)

The formula is A= 240 divided by the clip size

I found it in this tutorial at around 7:20

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1214

Time: Fri May 29, 2020 11:40 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website