A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: I Love Grunts
About Contact
Last Post: May 2, 2010 12:42 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
GrUnTs FTW!
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
I Love Grunts has contributed to 134 posts out of 469375 total posts (.03%) in 4,433 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Hey guys, title pretty much explains it.

I followed Yayaps tutorial, and im at the exporting step.

Made the frame, linked it, Went to utilities, max script, run script, chimp, write debug and listener, hit export halo structure, and i got this message:

Runtime error: out of scripter memory - use options to increase

any ideas?

Thanks.

Quote: --- Original message by: Snowman_AM2
When I say "weld" I mean you select the vertex and use the "Target Weld" on the toolbar beneath the modifier stack. You should use this every time you want to connect meshes or vertices. Gmax tuts will help you out if you don't know how.

Pressing f2 and f4 just shows faces and edges in red when you have them selected. You can press either at any time - they just toggle the modes. Personally, I could not imagine a worse kind of hell than working with Gmax without these both on.

Regardless, you'll still want to use the .wrl importer in the future, or you might need it now - "select open edges" only does so much.
1) Follow the directions in the importer's readme to install the script in Gmax.
2) Open Gmax.
3) Click your new "Import WRL" button.
4) Navigate to your Halo Custom Edition directory.
5) Open the .wrl that corresponds to your map.

Thanks a lot for all of your help Snowman!

Quote: --- Original message by: Snowman_AM2
You don't have to abandon your map, you just need to fix it.

To avoid getting this error, or to troubleshoot it WITHOUT importing the .wrl, try this:
1) Open your map in Gmax.
2) Select your map with the edit mesh-> edge modifier (yes, the whole map).
3) Press f2 and f4 to show highlighted faces and edges (if you haven't already).
3) Scroll in the menu below the modifier stack to "Show Open Edges" or whatever it's called.
4) Check all vertices near these open edges. Weld as necessary.

Oooh! Thanks alot! Just one last question, By weld, do you mean Move the vertices's untill they touch? Or is there actually a way to "Weld" them? And when i press f2 and f4, do i press them both at the same time? or one after the other?

Opsy-

Im not really great with Techno-slang.. so let me get this straight, I download it, I run it, and i import it into my Halo CE folder?

Is my current map fix-able? Or should i just Do all of this stuff first, Then make a new map with the stuff already installed?

Cold- That's obviously not the answer, there are maps that i've seen that are 2 times, even 3 times the size of my map.

Quote: --- Original message by: Headhunter09
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3525

UM.. so after i download this.. what do i do?

Ooh, thanks for the effort Jeva, But i guess i shoudl of mentioned this before, But i'm using Gmax... Sorry for wasting your time..

Hey guys, each time i try making a map (6th try here) I always end up getting:

### ERROR found z buffered triangles In the command prompt. Sometimes its red, sometimes blue, sometimes yellow, etc.

I'm following Yayap's tut on map making STEP-BY-STEP, and it just never works.. Could someone please tell me how to fix it? Here's a pic of the command prompt if it helps...

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee25/pictornator/untitled-6.jpg

Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Hey! It worked! Thanks Destroyer!
Edited by I Love Grunts on Jul 15, 2008 at 04:02 PM

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee25/pictornator/untitled-5.jpg

IF you check that image, i don't have the \data\levels part, like you said, i just dont know what to do. Re-install halo?

TO Destroyer- If i re-install heck, il get the data folder? Il try it, Thanks =D
Edited by I Love Grunts on Jul 15, 2008 at 02:11 PM

Cant. Data folders have the map files. (B40, A20) ect

Hmm.. after i Cleaned my comp... i dont think i did... no... Why? Would that give me back my data folders?

Hey guys, simple question, I was following yayap's tut on making your own map, which i have attempted before, i was at like the second step, when i went into my program files>Microsoft games>Halo CE>Data.... and then i noticed that all three of my halo games (Trial, Full version, CE) Don't have DATA folders. But the game works perfectly when i play it. And i had to clean out my computer once, so i had to delete EVERYTHING, and before i cleaned it, i had data folders.

So all im asking is, Should i re-install the games? OR are the Data folders just like... hidden?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hey, quick question about Zip Files Feb 24, 2008 09:10 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: tehori
and even if you go into the base program it will only pester you, it wont stop you.

yeh, i know

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hey, quick question about Zip Files Feb 24, 2008 08:52 PM (Total replies: 11)

Actually its free if you don't open the main program, if you just right click and select " extract here" you are all set.

cool

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hey, quick question about Zip Files Feb 24, 2008 07:59 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Rm860
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=4628

Winrar isn't free most people don't even need .rar compression.

If you want something that can compress fine, and unzip fine i suggest tugzip. It will compress files in .zip it's free you won't have the problem that you have with your current one

Thnx Rm860, But i got one question before i download it.

I can put files into a Zip file if i want, but, when someone downloads it, can they open it, using whatever they have?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hey, quick question about Zip Files Feb 24, 2008 06:18 PM (Total replies: 11)

You can't please everyone. I would just go with winrar, it is the most universal.

Ok.. but can WinRAR open WINZIP files?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hey, quick question about Zip Files Feb 24, 2008 05:31 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: HogdriverOneFiveFive
id say winrar is the best... because you can choose how compressed u want it to be and it can make .rars

But which is most popular? IE, which do most people have?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hey, quick question about Zip Files Feb 24, 2008 04:32 PM (Total replies: 11)

Hey guys, i've been gone for a while, but im back, and i got a quick question.

I had to delete all the files on my comp, (long story) and now, And the comp tech guy, (my parent's colleague) He installed a zip program called "Al Zip", it works fine, i use it all the time, But for people who dont have Al Zip, they cant open the files.

Im trying to host some of my Halo mods on Filefront, but i want to make them more CPU friendly, by putting them in a zip file program, that everyone has.

They most popular Zip File program is "Winzip", and the second most popular is "Winrar", right?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Maps not loading... Nov 25, 2007 11:26 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood
^ works every time

Thats what you think. Each time i try and play that map it happens. il try and find a pic

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Maps not loading... Nov 25, 2007 02:43 PM (Total replies: 4)

First off, yes, i installed them properly, because i played with them before.

I was playing hugeass, cause its such a great mapand then the next day, when i create my own server, i started off in the middle of the map, with no weapons, HUDs, or anything, and i cant move, or talk, or anything..

Same thing happend with that map where you could fly the POA and the covy capital ships.. i start off in the middle of the map, no HUDs, weapons, or anything..

I really dont want to lose Hugeass for good, because i love that map. Ive deleted it, re-downloaded it, and re-installed it, and it still wont work.

Please help.
~I love Grunts.

Time: Tue October 15, 2019 8:42 AM 406 ms.
A Halo Maps Website