A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ptowery
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 14, 2013 05:07 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: halo
oify
AIM: ptowery789
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
ptowery has contributed to 707 posts out of 416794 total posts (.17%) in 2,623 days (.27 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Custom biped animations are broke. Dec 14, 2013 05:07 AM (Total replies: 44)

I just completely remade the zombie and I'm getting the same armbreak error. Am I supposed to do anything important to the nodes in the animation file when I export? I don't understand what I did wrong unless It's something I messed up in the model_animations meta data or Something to do with rotating the dummy node.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bungie's next game: Destiny Feb 18, 2013 02:03 AM (Total replies: 119)

Quote: --- Original message by: KingNick220
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
H2 was total garbage

lol

He's just angry at me because I told him my xfire account and used him logging in to get his passwords. I'm not 'trolling' halomaps.

Halo CE General Discussion » some help? Jan 27, 2013 11:57 PM (Total replies: 10)

that's kingnick not ptowery

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Dec 3, 2012 09:08 PM (Total replies: 1487)

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkestSeptagon

I downloaded the Halo Reach ISO. What am I supposed to do from here? Do I open it in Adjutant now? Where do I find the map files? It's just a big 7GB Disc image file.
Edited by DarkestSeptagon on Dec 3, 2012 at 09:00 PM

It's an Xiso, look for the command line program that extracts it. I'm telling you this because I'm sure you didn't download it, you ripped from the actual disc that you paid for. There's a similar program in development that can open maps straight from an xiso file.

Halo CE General Discussion » GIVE US THE TAGS!!!!! Dec 3, 2012 05:05 PM (Total replies: 145)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Better than using H1.

More compatible than using Zteams' (till I get 094's edit.)

So zteam has character animations?

Halo CE General Discussion » GIVE US THE TAGS!!!!! Dec 3, 2012 04:13 PM (Total replies: 145)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Or use Zteams old H2 animations :( :o :) :D

That's just so lazy.

Halo CE General Discussion » GIVE US THE TAGS!!!!! Dec 3, 2012 04:01 PM (Total replies: 145)

Can you release their notes on jmad tags?

Halo CE General Discussion » GIVE US THE TAGS!!!!! Dec 3, 2012 03:34 PM (Total replies: 145)

and I'm sure they have that ugly fakebumping effect on them.

Halo CE General Discussion » GIVE US THE TAGS!!!!! Dec 3, 2012 02:41 PM (Total replies: 145)

Are there any tools in this pack?

Edit:
Because I would rather make my own versions of these tags; I have a problem with using someone else s tags.
Edited by ptowery on Dec 3, 2012 at 02:42 PM

It's still not working.

well weird thing is, if i add a perm of the top on the lower region, it gives me open edge errors as if it was never reading the upper region. Is there any documentation on regions in tool for collision geometry?
Edited by ptowery on Dec 2, 2012 at 02:16 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: ally
to be honest it's hard to tell by the 3ds max image if it could be flipped faces, because flipped faces show as a slightly darker colour than the normal colour of the polygons.
black is hard to see flipped faces on.

like if i had polygons textured with plain bright red, then flipped faces would look a
slightly darker colour of that red.

Well 1, there's no flipped faces, I unified the normals.
2, tool gave me no errors, and it's all 1 object.

Quote: --- Original message by: ally
is this a ported model?

i'm wondering this as it looks like maybe flipped faces just.

is glass or something missing from the gaps too?

It's from Halo 2, the collision model is ported too.

It's the entire top portion of the collision model that doesn't show up in sapien. (the wireframe in picture two)
Edited by ptowery on Dec 2, 2012 at 01:51 AM
Edited by ptowery on Dec 2, 2012 at 01:52 AM

The Collision Model in max:

The Collision Model in Sapien

I tried re exporting it several times in several different ways, using bluestreak jms exporter with region support (because the model has 2 regions) and regular tool, tool has no errors but compiles really fast for some reason. Ignore the debug bounding radius.
Edited by ptowery on Dec 2, 2012 at 01:31 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Speculation [Possible spoilers?] Dec 1, 2012 02:19 PM (Total replies: 22)

lol

Halo CE General Discussion » Vidmode chat fix? Dec 1, 2012 02:19 PM (Total replies: 1)

I also need to know this.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Documentation on font tags format? Dec 1, 2012 01:42 AM (Total replies: 1)

Does anyone have any information about the data stored in a font tag for a program?

eg: how could I convert a .font back into a ttf / windows font
Edited by ptowery on Dec 1, 2012 at 01:46 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool won't accept commands? Nov 30, 2012 12:54 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
First one, you've made a scenario (or, updated the scripts in sapien) with part of OSHEK.

Second one, you're using a mod-set with OS_tool, and are giving it invalid options.

Okay, I'm running a command through tool, and I am wanting to get the os error seen in the first window but what I get is what's in the second window. I want to know what instance something like that would happen. I should always get the Error in the first window. But I get the error seen in the second Window.

Never mind, I had to manually set Tool's working directory.
Edited by ptowery on Nov 30, 2012 at 01:16 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool won't accept commands? Nov 30, 2012 11:44 AM (Total replies: 3)

trying to run
tool build-cache-file

What does it mean if tool should be returning with this:

tag data 'hs_syntax_data_definition' too large.
failed to load scenario tag 'levels\test\banshees_tmap\banshees_tmap'
tag data 'hs_syntax_data_definition' too large.
failed to load scenario tag 'levels\test\banshees_tmap\banshees_tmap'
need to get the following tags:

### FAILED TO LOAD SCENARIO.

Cache pack file bitmaps hits: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file bitmaps adds/misses: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file sounds hits: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file sounds adds/misses: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file loc hits: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file loc adds/misses: 0 for 0.00M

But it returns with this:

Failed to read data file header bitmaps
### FAILED TO OPEN DATA-CACHE FILE.

Failed to read data file header sounds

Failed to read data file header loc

### FAILED TO LOAD SCENARIO.

Cache pack file bitmaps hits: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file bitmaps adds/misses: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file sounds hits: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file sounds adds/misses: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file loc hits: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file loc adds/misses: 0 for 0.00M

And for sure nothing is wrong with the source files, it's on tool's end.
Edited by ptowery on Nov 30, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Edited by ptowery on Nov 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] RPG_Beta7 Nov 30, 2012 11:33 AM (Total replies: 234)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tape City
Will there be an open version of the map?

Quote: --- Original message by: OpsY
I would say that first it is because I don't know how to. Secondly, the reason I don't know how is mostly a question of motivation. The amount of work required on a RPG_Beta map is incredible (not saying other projects aren't) and the motive, the thing that fuels me to keep doing is creativity. Once an asset is created, I have a lot of trouble spending 3 times the time it took to "create it" to then "refine" it. I understand why many people don't like that, if people want to help I've always said I'm fine with it. For RPG_Beta7 however I'm not opening the BSP file anymore unless something Major comes out. For next maps however, I'm always open to receive some help, as I've said in the first post.

Please read the thread next time.

Time: Sat November 1, 2014 3:23 AM 329 ms.
A Halo Maps Website