A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ZeroAlphaOmega
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 4, 2011 07:18 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Knight of Avalon
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
ZeroAlphaOmega has contributed to 81 posts out of 468028 total posts (.02%) in 4,791 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

1: I'll need further elaboration sorry.

2: There is not a single Ace Combat reference in my story, if you're referring to the Aurelian continent, I did that without Ace Combat in mind. The singular thing that can be looked at as an Ace Combat reference bothers you but the integration of Gundam doesn't? How far did you read exactly?

3: If you find that a problem why are you even reading it? Why are you even complaining about it? If you don't like it let it be and ignore it. Let the people who like it like it, let the people who want to help me improve it do so.

4. Naming conventions are of my own exotic accord.

Please DON'T compare me to an expert writer. I'm no where even close.
Edited by ZeroAlphaOmega on Aug 4, 2011 at 07:20 AM

I welcome any form of advice and criticism so help improve my writing. I've gotten quite a few beta readers for the past few chapters. I take this rather seriously, it would help me tremendously if you told me exactly why you thought it was "bad" other than just spouting off "IT'S CRAP."

Many many people have read and enjoyed my story, you're the absolute first that said it's bad. I'm no Eric Nylund but I'd like to have a little faith in my own work. Give me some legitimate reasons and I'd be more inclined to listen to you.

That'd be difficult to do unless it was on Avalon. The story itself takes place in many place. I've included many major locations as well as several new ones.

I'd be flattered though, if it was done well.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Return of The Forerunner, Literary work Jun 16, 2011 11:07 PM (Total replies: 20)

It's been a very long time since I updated here, but the story itself has been updated many times. Those of you still interested check it out.

Prepare for Chapter 14: Those Who Fight.

Some classic Halo Characters make an appearance, expect the chapter to be released sometime this weekend.

EDIT: Scratch that, managed to work through my writers block and finished the chapter tonight. It's live!
Edited by ZeroAlphaOmega on Jun 17, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack Oct 30, 2010 09:56 AM (Total replies: 60)

Ender....I'm TeeKup....this is my halomaps profile >_>;;;

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack Oct 28, 2010 07:59 AM (Total replies: 60)

No that was the Vesper, the Covenant equivalent he made to it. I made the Siren LONG ago before these maps ever came to fruition. It's been a while Ender but I know my own work. I made the model, Jayden DID do shaders, textures and tagging. That part of the process I was never good at.
Edited by ZeroAlphaOmega on Oct 28, 2010 at 08:01 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack Oct 28, 2010 03:13 AM (Total replies: 60)

My god. It's been so long but I still remember Contamination and Paradox. It's going to be fun revisting these. Will my Blitzkrieg Sniper Rifle still be in them? Also glad to see my Siren being used, as boxy as that design was, I loved my idea for it.
Edited by ZeroAlphaOmega on Oct 28, 2010 at 03:14 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Return of The Forerunner, Literary work Oct 31, 2009 01:59 AM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
Quote: --- Original message by: ZeroAlphaOmega
About a month ago I finally began writing my story that bad been LONG in the planning process, roughly a year and a half.

In my story the Forerunner have returned en mass to the Galaxy via Gamma Halo, which its secondary purpose was an inter-dimensional gateway. The forerunner set themselves into exile, now have returned.

The twist in my story is that the Forerunners ARE the direct ancestors to humanity, 10 years have past since the event on Installation 00, the Covenant was booted from the Ark by the separatist fleet, only now they have reorganized. The flood never took control of High Charity, so it is still a looming presence.

Upon their return, Emperor Harken K'Taurn was shocked and outraged at the covenant for their horrendous crimes against the galaxy (I.E. the genocidal war and indiscriminate glassing of "garden" worlds).

This is the story.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5407830/1/Halo_Return_of_the_Forerunner

I was hoping for some face to face fighting but it was pretty good.although there probably should've been sentinels in the story.

You need not worry, I plan to add sentinels to the story in the comming chapters, only these sentinels are of my design. They are my Sentinel Interceptors Mk II.

Me and a friend are also working on an image of Xarrha K'Taurn, so that should be available soon as well. Thank you very much for the reads, and I hope you continue to do so.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Return of The Forerunner, Literary work Oct 29, 2009 09:39 PM (Total replies: 20)

About a month ago I finally began writing my story that bad been LONG in the planning process, roughly a year and a half.

In my story the Forerunner have returned en mass to the Galaxy via Gamma Halo, which its secondary purpose was an inter-dimensional gateway. The forerunner set themselves into exile, now have returned.

The twist in my story is that the Forerunners ARE the direct ancestors to humanity, 10 years have past since the event on Installation 00, the Covenant was booted from the Ark by the separatist fleet, only now they have reorganized. The flood never took control of High Charity, so it is still a looming presence.

Upon their return, Emperor Harken K'Taurn was shocked and outraged at the covenant for their horrendous crimes against the galaxy (I.E. the genocidal war and indiscriminate glassing of "garden" worlds).

This is the story.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5407830/1/Halo_Return_of_the_Forerunner

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] The Legacy of Halo: CE Oct 29, 2009 09:18 PM (Total replies: 18)

Hydration
Hydrolysis
Cliffhanger
Quagmire
Sniper Canyon Redux
Snowtorn Cove
Revelations (thank you sel :3)
Immure2
Corrupted
Solitude
Anxiety
Mystic
Prime_C3
Portent
Concealed
Outpost Rio Classic
CMT_Fragment and CMT_Snow grove
Casualty Isle
Nightcamp_CE
Sciophobia
Snowcast
Yoyorast Island V2
X2_Mudslide
Fissure Falls
Lost Cove
Terralan
Gallows Pole
New Mombassa Classic
Helix Canyon
Escalade Mount
Sanctum
TM Immolate
Delta Ruined
Vestige
Chiller
Launchbay X
Crimson Woods
Cityscape Classic
Frost
Abyss Final
Sneak
Municipality
Peril
Ancient Sanctuary
TLS Stronghold
Destiny

That is now the maplist being used. Thank you for your suggestions.

I did not use Coldsnap, Hugeass, Extinction(despite my involvment in Extinctions development) because I wanted to use maps that showed good gameplay value and were well designed. Coldsnap and Hugeass were ment to be tag test beds, this is evident in the Pelicans ability to pickup vehicles and the Nirvash Mech, as previous attempts at mech walking was proven difficult. You are ment to learn from these maps. Extinction? Well that's a map for screwing around in and having all sorts of retarded fun.

If anyone else has any further suggestions please let me know. Currently I'm looking to use the music from this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyYZmwhJ5YY

If you have any further music suggestions please let me know too, this project won't be done over night, so I have plenty of layaway room for music.
Edited by ZeroAlphaOmega on Oct 29, 2009 at 09:57 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] The Legacy of Halo: CE Oct 29, 2009 03:10 AM (Total replies: 18)

Very simply put, I'm making a video showcasing a lot of really good maps, (as if we don't have enough already). I would do something more productive like mapping but I don't have the resources for that, and I refuse to idly sit by and just play the game...as stupid as that may sound.

But before I begin, I want some map suggestions from the community, what do you think belongs in the video?

My Current list:
Hydration
Hydrolysis
Cliffhanger
Quagmire
Sniper Canyon Redux
Snowtorn Cove
Revelations (thank you sel :3)
Immure2
Corrupted
Solitude
Anxiety
Mystic
Prime_C3
Portent
Concealed
Outpost Rio Classic
CMT_Fragment and CMT_Snow grove
Casualty Isle
Nightcamp_CE
Sciophobia
Snowcast
Yoyorast Island V2
X2_Mudslide
Fissure Falls <added>
Terralan <added>
Lost Cove <added>

That may be quite the list but I feel it could use a little bit more. Your suggestions please.

Edited by ZeroAlphaOmega on Oct 29, 2009 at 03:18 AM
Edited by ZeroAlphaOmega on Oct 29, 2009 at 03:55 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Avalon Wallpaper Set Oct 28, 2009 12:29 AM (Total replies: 0)

This is a small Halo Custom Edition wallpaper pack. Like my signatures they're basic, but a lot of effort went into the design and execution of each scene, my OCD wouldn't allow me to do anything less then what I perceive as perfection. -_- They are in 1280x1040, I wish I could get bigger but my resources are limited.

Credit: Corndogman, Hyper TA, Freelancer and various other volunteers for their amazing patience with my constant whining about these being as perfect as they can be. I also want to thank the map makers for giving me wonderful environments to work with.

Quagmire and Cliffhanger: Molkien
Coldsnap: Tiamat
Excavation: Bryn Casey
Sidewinder: Bungie

Special thanks go to Dennis for hosting my file and for Bungie, Gearboxsoftware and Microsoft for giving me such a great game to work with.

A Halomaps DL will be up as soon as Dennis transfers it. In the mean time, megaupload.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M2TVTAFY

Halo CE General Discussion » H3MT, CMT, Tazz, Jahrain- Zanzibar Halo 3 Mar 4, 2009 09:41 PM (Total replies: 211)

Says the person who should be banned for good reason.
Edited by ZeroAlphaOmega on Mar 4, 2009 at 09:42 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » H3MT, CMT, Tazz, Jahrain- Zanzibar Halo 3 Mar 4, 2009 08:54 PM (Total replies: 211)

Quote: --- Original message by: cellista92
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Ah, so to make it simpler for new people to be able to use the tags without having to worry about where to put stuff?

just for people to have a tool, disregarding their skill.

Quote: --- Original message by: ZeroAlphaOmega
Quote: --- Original message by: cellista92stop being so selfish.

Hypocrisy considering you're abusing the original artists consent.

a little evil for a greater good?

if evil is committed for the sake of good then the resulting good is not valid.

Halo CE General Discussion » H3MT, CMT, Tazz, Jahrain- Zanzibar Halo 3 Mar 4, 2009 08:46 PM (Total replies: 211)

Quote: --- Original message by: cellista92stop being so selfish.

Hypocrisy considering you're abusing the original artists consent.

Halo CE General Discussion » H3MT, CMT, Tazz, Jahrain- Zanzibar Halo 3 Mar 4, 2009 08:34 PM (Total replies: 211)

Quote: --- Original message by: cellista92you're exactly why i changed name, but i actually enjoy reading your post. it was too predictable.
there's not ruin in work; only for you pessimist, egoists who see anything unsatisfying to yourself as unworthy. any community is likely to succeed if jerks stop harassing it. im not saying to encourage stupidity; just give them a chance.

I apologize for how blind you are. Someone making a box and chamfering it about 18 different times then saying "HEY CRIT MY GOOD WORK" is going to get a slap to the face. When people show decent work and common sense when it comes to creating that work is when they get proper crit and comments. That's how the people like Snaf, Dane, Penguin1362 Wave of Lag and those in CMT got how they are today. When people do what you do, they're doing the exact opposite of what they should be doing.

Want to help the community? Learn to properly create and tag yourself instead of being a false vigilante for the "noobs"

how is trying to help "stupid and wrong"?
Giving them random tags and saying "HEY I'M HELPING YOU" is quite the opposite.

bungie's? or did you mean labor?
I was referring to the individual artists who made the tags.

Quote: --- Original message by: l283023
You can't improve tagsets with a bunch of random tags.
Just like you can't improve the portrait of Mona Lisa by taking a crap on it.

explain how that relates.
It relates because how can you improve on things when they have absolutely no correlation to anything else in the tag set?
Edited by cellista92 on Mar 4, 2009 at 08:17 PM

Responses in bold.

Halo CE General Discussion » H3MT, CMT, Tazz, Jahrain- Zanzibar Halo 3 Mar 4, 2009 08:02 PM (Total replies: 211)

People protect their maps so other people don't ruin what they made. "HURR HURR MAKE IT DO THIS THIS AND THIS." That's what people try to avoid, they aren't "posing" as bungie as you so eloquently put it. Yes there are some people who have the potential to successfully add on to it, but that's not very likely in this community.

You basically stole and used someone's artwork without consent to make a point that is absolutey stupid and wrong. Congrats.
Edited by ZeroAlphaOmega on Mar 4, 2009 at 08:03 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction2 WIP official thread Jul 28, 2008 04:12 PM (Total replies: 2618)

Why don't you just make an all new BSP, it would certainly be better for you in the long run. Anyone can re-tag a scenario.

General Machinima Discussions » HEY HALOMAPS Oct 6, 2005 07:35 PM (Total replies: 11)

I dont know. Bacon when will the next filming be...

Edited by Dennis on Oct 7, 2005 at 11:19 AM

Time: Thu November 15, 2018 2:20 AM 312 ms.
A Halo Maps Website