A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Hickle Stine
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 8, 2009 07:05 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Hickle Stine has contributed to 227 posts out of 469461 total posts (.05%) in 4,426 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Delta Temple Dec 17, 2007 01:13 AM (Total replies: 39)

hey...they weren't that bad...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » who line models Dec 17, 2007 12:37 AM (Total replies: 9)

I dont use the line took that often, im sad to say. I modeled a very simple head with it the other day though, i drew the profile and extruded, cuttin\adding bits as I went. haha, i usually model from a plane, box, or cylinder.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 pics. Dec 17, 2007 12:12 AM (Total replies: 7)

It would be awesome if you took some good pics of some of the halo 3 architecture, especially on the ark, and places like that. Multiplayer levels as well, but anything forerunner, and that looks awesome!

Halo CE General Discussion » Delta Temple Dec 16, 2007 11:51 PM (Total replies: 39)

hehe...snipe base. that was my idea first...lol. anyways, its looking pretty good dude, but you have overused the extrusion\bevel tools WAY too much on those square bases. However, with touchup and some good textures you could get them looking pretty good. its looking good, but try not to cram too much stuff into this one map, i can see you've already got 3 main structures, so i think prehaps a snipe base aswell may be a bit much. Think it through. Keep going, however, and post clay renders!!!

Halo CE General Discussion » Quest for rigging powa! Dec 15, 2007 10:22 PM (Total replies: 1231)

yeah it looks like it should be smoothed

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Biped rigging help Dec 15, 2007 02:57 AM (Total replies: 3)

How do I use the mirror rollout, everthing is grey!
btw i gave up on the envelopes, just changed the shape of the legs slightly so it worked.

EDIT: Thanks HDOAN! You rigging genious! lawl. Once I get this down, I have to learn 2 friggin unwrap and map. Thats what I'm aiming for; competency in modelling, texturing and animating.

anyways thanks!
Edited by Hickle Stine on Dec 15, 2007 at 03:13 AM
Edited by Hickle Stine on Dec 15, 2007 at 04:49 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Quest for rigging powa! Dec 15, 2007 02:39 AM (Total replies: 1231)

yeah. You should do that. Nice rigging by the way, im giving it a try myself.
Oh, about the grav hammer; in the h3t-coagulation beta you guys released the fp animations for that thing look really crap to me. I dont know if thats how they look in H3, but to me, they're terrible.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Biped rigging help Dec 15, 2007 02:30 AM (Total replies: 3)

Ok, Im rigging my first biped, just as a test to see if i can get it all working.

Arms=fine
Torso=fine
head=fine
legs=problems

The problem is the envelopes. The way I have modeled the legs is so that they are fairly close together near the groin. Also, the legs are wider in one dimension than they are in another...its hard to explain. But basically, what i need to know is how i can scale the envelope in the Y dimension only, instead of both Y and X at once, because whenever i try to get those bits of the leg that are not in the envelope, i also get bits of the other leg. It sucks. So help. I could always move some verticies, change the shape of the legs, but I want to know how to do this properly.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » destructible stuff help Dec 14, 2007 04:56 AM (Total replies: 21)

this is confusing...i dont know heaps about what you can\cant do with scripting. Also im just havin trouble understanding all that^^
Can I have the vehicles already there when the game loads, so that it syncs for everyone, but somehow attach em to the roof until they are shot?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Missile Pod Model [WIP] Dec 14, 2007 04:43 AM (Total replies: 55)

anyways. I wanna see this thing finished, skinned etc!! Because it's lookin pretty mad!

EDIT:
AWESOME!!!
Edited by Hickle Stine on Dec 14, 2007 at 04:46 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » [WIP] T-1 Typhoon Dec 14, 2007 04:27 AM (Total replies: 12)

good idea, but yeah, lots of work. Also, i dont like it when people put [MAP] or [WIP] in the title and then it turns out it was just an idea or something.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Missile Pod Model [WIP] Dec 13, 2007 04:35 AM (Total replies: 55)

looking MUCH better than it did before. I KNOW you didnt rip this mate because your first pics had errors (lol which i pointed out on h2vista.net)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » destructible stuff help Dec 12, 2007 06:01 AM (Total replies: 21)

ahhh. I see. darn it. is there any way to do this? i mean, its only an idea, but it would be kool to stick something like it in a map.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » destructible stuff help Dec 12, 2007 05:18 AM (Total replies: 21)

but vehicles synch anyway, so it wouldnt be a problem would it? if I just had something that had to be hit in order to drop the vehicle or something...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » destructible stuff help Dec 11, 2007 03:24 AM (Total replies: 21)

nah it needs to have physics...i can make the pieces of rock vehicles i guess. But i mean how do i get them to stay attached until someone shoots em or whatever?
Edited by Hickle Stine on Dec 11, 2007 at 03:24 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » destructible stuff help Dec 11, 2007 12:49 AM (Total replies: 21)

You know in that multiplayer level in halo 2, the stalagtites that you can shoot off the ceiling? And then they fall down and can crush people...I want to know how to make something like that for HCE. Help plz.

Halo CE General Discussion » Quest for rigging powa! Dec 8, 2007 08:04 PM (Total replies: 1231)

Elite is looking like hot hot sex, but the body needs to be redder? Spartan is nice.

Halo CE General Discussion » Quest for rigging powa! Dec 6, 2007 01:35 AM (Total replies: 1231)

drone...hey speaking of which, if you put a drone in h1, would it work? could you make it fly around and land on stuff etc...??

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » [MAP] Facing Towers \ help Dec 5, 2007 12:26 AM (Total replies: 30)

I darkened it, but there is still grass. I likes grass. :)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » [MAP] Facing Towers \ help Dec 4, 2007 11:55 PM (Total replies: 30)

ohk fine. I'll release it. lawl. I'm just doin a final test... Everything seems to be in working order. The MK4 Link Gun (my weird version...)'s beam is quite strong, so its range is only 10 metres (approx) The bridge in the centre holds an overshield in CTF and a rocket launcher in all else.

wait a sec...adding stuff... There is plenty of grenades to go around, starting weapon is link gun (I'm forcing you to use it!) Shock rifle and link gun located behind base. There arent any pistols. None. not even the plasma, or the h2 pistols. i think this map doesnt need em. Any objections? post NOW. I'm releasing in...oh, say, 3 hours. :)

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 4:17 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website