A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Miaku
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 5, 2010 05:55 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Sup?

Post Statistics
Miaku has contributed to 36 posts out of 469346 total posts (.01%) in 4,360 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » halo 2 jarring seriously Sep 5, 2010 05:55 PM (Total replies: 6)

I had the same exact problem. The probelm is your GPU is rendering too many frames per second for halo 2 to handle, making it stutter. The way to fix this is to go into the NVIDIA control panel and force Vertical Sync on. That should keep your frames down and stop the jarring.
Edited by Miaku on Sep 5, 2010 at 05:56 PM

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Music File? Jul 8, 2010 08:54 PM (Total replies: 0)

I was just wondering: Is there some sort of config.ini file in Halo 2's directory that allows you to change the volumes of different things? I haven't found anything.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Multiple Halo 2 Vista problems Apr 22, 2010 11:53 PM (Total replies: 5)

FIXED THE MOUSE PROBLEM! =D =D Apparently the culprit of this sluggish mouse response was due to my GPU (Believe it or not) Because of it rendering so many frames in one second, Halo 2 freaks out, and that somehow affects the mouse responsiveness. All you have to do is go to the nVidia control panel, manage 3-d settings, and then force Vertical Sync on, so your GPU is forced to render at whatever your monitor's refresh rate is. In my case, I have a 60Hz monitor, so that's 60 FPS, Vs. the 400-900 FPS I was getting before...lol...
So, if you have a powerful GPU and are experiencing mouse response issues, force Vertical Sync on.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Multiple Halo 2 Vista problems Mar 20, 2010 01:32 PM (Total replies: 5)

I don't think it's my GPU overheating, because my fan speed is at 100%, my GPU idles at 37C, and under load it only goes up to about 50C. These GPU's are rated to go to about 80C. And when I run the game, my GPU fan is about the loudest thing in my case, so I think you could tell if it suddenly shut off. =P Although I will look into new mouse drivers. My mouse is just a standard USB 2.0 Kensington mouse, nothin' special.
Edited by Miaku on Mar 20, 2010 at 01:33 PM
Edited by Miaku on Mar 20, 2010 at 01:34 PM

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Multiple Halo 2 Vista problems Feb 21, 2010 05:38 PM (Total replies: 5)

I just got this game a day ago, and since then, a few pretty annoying problems have risen. Any help on any of these these problems would be great. Since one of these problems is graphical, Ill give my specs first:

Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz, GTX 260 graphics card, 4GB of DDR2 800 RAM, and Windows Vista 32-bit.
Now onto the Problems:

#1: During some sections of the game, the mouse starts to behave erratically, almost like the DPI of the mouse goes way down. It becomes very sluggish, hard to move, and twitchy. (My in game sensitivity is on 7, which is "Very High" On the scale.

#2: The frame-rate starts to rapidly fluctuate, creating very quick slowdowns and speedups, making the game "jump lag". The latest drivers for my GTX 260 are installed (196.21)

#3: During scenes where there are ambient dust and smoke particle effects around, I get some interesting filtering artifacts:

Note that these artifacts are Dynamic, they slink around the sides of the walls and are very distracting. All my Graphics settings are maxed out, and even then some with the nVidia control panel, but once these problems started to occur I reverted all Control Panel settings back to default, and these problems were still present.

Thanks in advance for any help.
P.S: Is there some sort of config.ini file where you can chance the volume of the music?
Edited by Miaku on Feb 21, 2010 at 05:41 PM
Edited by Miaku on Feb 21, 2010 at 08:01 PM
Edited by Miaku on Feb 21, 2010 at 08:42 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Interesting lag problem Jun 9, 2009 12:06 AM (Total replies: 5)

Yes, chaosgulch is that one with lots of crazy weapons. (Assault Rifle Rockets and stuff) The only thing that confuses me about this is that enabling the decals option worked fine for me with my old 7600GS, so it doesn't make much sense that a GPU of like 4 times the power will choke on something so simple... It seems like the new graphics cards do not like the decals or something...

Halo CE General Discussion » Interesting lag problem Jun 8, 2009 08:29 PM (Total replies: 5)

Hey. Ok, here's the deal: It's not a big issue that has killed my experience with halo: CE but it's quite annoying. It seems that whenever I enable the "Decals" option under the video settings the game starts to chug and choke after a lot of bullet holes, blood, and other various decals are made across the map. I do not need to be looking at them, they just need to be there to make my framerate drop down to about 10fps. It just a kind of cool effect to have decals for maps like chaosgulch, noobtacualr, ect. to see the destruction of the environment, which is why I want them on. It may be a video card compatibility issue, but I am not entirely sure. (GeForce GTX 260) Any suggestions on how to fix this horrible lag would be great. Thanks.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weird error Mar 22, 2008 06:56 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hey, my friends just got halo CE, but for some reason whenever they try to get the list of servers on the menu, it says "An error has occured contacting the gamespy master server"
I've tried everything to help them out, but nothing works. The game is up to date, and they tried re-installing it but none of that worked. I am stumped.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool help Nov 6, 2007 06:06 PM (Total replies: 0)

Right, im on to my second map, and i have a few questions. When your compiling your map using tool and building the map cache file and all of that other stuff, the tutorial told me to go like this for compiling: tool bitmaps levels\beginner\bitmaps, and to build the level structure, it told me to go: tool structure levels\beginner beginner. P.S the name of my level was beginner. Could someone tell me how these commands for tool change with each level?
Edited by Miaku on Nov 6, 2007 at 06:07 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » sapian startup error Nov 4, 2007 09:12 PM (Total replies: 3)

when I click on the sapian icon, an error messagre comes up and says: this application failed to satrt because vorbisfile.dll was not found. RE-installing the application may fix this problem. So do i just click on HEK setup and click uninstall? OR i i do that ewill it uninstall the whole game? (it was gettin a little messed up right before it did this, because whenever i deleted something, like a gun, sapian closed)
Edited by Miaku on Nov 4, 2007 at 09:13 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien problem Oct 26, 2007 09:30 PM (Total replies: 2)

I dont know.... I will just delte an assult rifle, by holding down the mouse and pressing the delete key, and the program closes....

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien problem Oct 26, 2007 09:26 PM (Total replies: 2)

When ever I delete something, sapien closes.... Help!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » quick question about sapian. Help! Oct 25, 2007 08:08 PM (Total replies: 2)

nvm on the first question..... anyways, when I saved the scenario on sapian, it locked up. How do I fix this problem?
Edited by Miaku on Oct 25, 2007 at 08:25 PM

How do you do that?

Could someone please send me a tutorial, I cant find one!
Also, where do you put hek+ after you've installed it?
Edited by Miaku on Oct 23, 2007 at 06:22 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tag request....SISEMIC CHARGES!!!!!!!! Oct 22, 2007 06:01 PM (Total replies: 12)

nvm i actually found a sisemic charge tag on the site....... or maybe its not....
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1691
Edited by Miaku on Oct 22, 2007 at 06:05 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tag request....SISEMIC CHARGES!!!!!!!! Oct 22, 2007 12:56 AM (Total replies: 12)

And also could anyone send me a tutorial for tag making, I cant find any.....
Edited by Miaku on Oct 22, 2007 at 06:03 PM
Edited by Miaku on Oct 22, 2007 at 06:07 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tag request....SISEMIC CHARGES!!!!!!!! Oct 22, 2007 12:19 AM (Total replies: 12)

I have a perfact idea for a tag! Sisemic charges! The blue shockwave would extend to the end of the stage, and wold kill any one in it's path! Of course, you can crouch under it, or jump over it. ;).
P.S If you don't know what sisemic charges are, whatch this vid to find out!
Go to youtube and type in: star wars ii Obi wan vs jango
I can't post the link, cause my last post got deleted for some reason.... Is it normal for posts to get deleted if thay have a youtube link to them? I also can make it by myself, I just need a weapon tag tutorial.
Edited by Miaku on Oct 22, 2007 at 12:20 AM
Edited by Miaku on Oct 22, 2007 at 06:03 PM
Edited by Miaku on Oct 22, 2007 at 06:07 PM

I actually figured out if I have bitmaps on my map, then I export it, it slows down sooo much, how do I fix it, because, if I dont put in like dangercanyon_ground, or dangercanyon_cliff_walls, it takes alot shorter to export then when I do put bitmaps in. And, what is a heightmap?
Edited by Miaku on Oct 21, 2007 at 11:42 PM
Edited by Miaku on Oct 21, 2007 at 11:45 PM

Edited by Miaku on Oct 17, 2007 at 10:20 PM
Edited by Miaku on Oct 17, 2007 at 10:21 PM
Edited by Miaku on Oct 21, 2007 at 11:43 PM

Time: Sun September 22, 2019 11:06 AM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website