A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Varyable
About Contact
Last Post: May 7, 2008 09:49 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
Varyable has contributed to 27 posts out of 478184 total posts (.01%) in 2,473 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Re : Problem making a biped May 7, 2008 09:49 AM (Total replies: 2)

It worked perfectly, thank you very much !

Edit : Actually, I still have a problem.
Though it now compiles right, my models are messed up ingame.
It is very strange, it seems that the vertices are attracted by the vehicles and sceneries around me, instead of being attached to the biped nodes ...
Anybody knows how to fix that ?

Edited by Varyable on May 7, 2008 at 12:33 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Re : Problem making a biped May 7, 2008 06:47 AM (Total replies: 2)

I don't know what happened with my previous topic, so I try it again.

I always encounter problems when I am making bipeds
I thought the problem might come from my models, so I tried to recompile the cyborg model..

- I imported the cyborg.gbxmodel into 3dsmax using the gbxmodel importer script v2 by TheGhost, rigged with its nodes and markers.

- I linked the "cyborg" object to the "bip01 pelvis" and exported the scene using the JMS model exporter script by TheGhost (it also exports the weights)

- I used tool with the command "tool model characters\mc" and it compiled well

- I opened the cyborg.biped tag in guerilla and modified the model to "mc.gbxmodel"

- I tried to compile a map with tool, and get an exception :
"the model 'characters\mc\mc' and the animation graph 'characters\cyborg\cyborg' don't match
"the object 'characters\cyborg\cyborg' will not animate"

What should I do ?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » My Turret wont move, or fire May 4, 2008 10:04 AM (Total replies: 13)

What are the different animations you made, exactly ? (name, type, content)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » My Turret wont move, or fire May 2, 2008 04:07 PM (Total replies: 13)

If you made your own animation tags, I think I know where it comes from. I also had this problem, and there is an easy way to fix it :

- Open your turret.model_animation tag in Guerilla, and go to "Weapon"
- Make sure you have a weapon named "fixed", and in "weapon type" add an item. In the "label" parameter field, you have to write the same label as your .weapon tag (in the $$$ Weapon $$$ part)(the label is usually "cg" or "gt")
It should work.

Oh, and could you please send me your link biped tags ? I tried to make one a few days ago but I had some problem with my animations.
My email is emmuman@hotmail.com

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Cyborg animations don't match Apr 26, 2008 07:43 AM (Total replies: 2)

Yes I did; I used a skin modifier on my model, I affected weights to the vertices so that they move with the proper bones, I used the same hierarchy as the MC biped, and I exported the rigged model using TheGhost's JMS Model exporter, after having hidden the toes and Bip01 nodes.

And when I import an animation from the cyborg.model_animation using TheGhost's Animation Importer, my model animates perfectly, but it still wont compile ...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Cyborg animations don't match Apr 25, 2008 09:39 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hello everybody.
I finally managed to rig and export my character model properly, but when I try to compile my map, I get an exception :

"the model 'characters\mychar' and the animation graph 'characters\cyborg\cyborg' don't match
the object 'characters\mychar\mychar' will not animate"

Yet, the cyborg collision model matches with my character's model, and they have the same nodes.
What should I do to be able to use the MC animations ?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » biped toes Apr 24, 2008 10:42 AM (Total replies: 2)

I tried, but it doesnt work, the biped is still deleted when I delete them.

Edit :

I almost solved the problem by using the JMS model exporter by TheGhost, as this script only exports what is not hidden. I hid the toes, used the script, and the model has been sucessfully exported, without the toes. The problem is that now, it is the "Bip01" node that is exported, and it is not part of the cybord.gbxmodel nodes either, and if I try to hide it like the toes, I get an exception : "there are too many actors in the scene ! Can not export single model", although everything is linked to the "Bip01 Pelvis".

What should I do ?

Edit 2 :

I finally managed to export my model without the "Bip01" node, I only had to unlink it from the "Bip01 Pelvis" node.
Edited by Varyable on Apr 25, 2008 at 09:40 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » biped toes Apr 24, 2008 09:58 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hello.
I am making a biped and i want to use the animations and collision geometry of the MC, so I need to have a biped of the same structure as the MC's, which doesnt have any toes, but when I try to delete the toes, all the biped is deleted.
How can I fix that ?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Flying Vehicle Animation Apr 21, 2008 10:49 AM (Total replies: 0)

Hello everybody !
I am making a flying vehicle and I want it to animate when it flies.
Usually, for ground vehicles, I used the "vehicle ground-speed.JMO" animation, but as this one flies, this animation doesnt work anymore, so which one do I have to use now ?

Thanks in advance.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle riging Apr 20, 2008 03:57 AM (Total replies: 3)

Yet, when I import the original halo vehicles' gbxmodels, all of them have a skin modifier, that uses the "frame" objects as bones ...
But maybe the bipeds are the only one that can "bend" ...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle riging Apr 19, 2008 07:04 PM (Total replies: 3)

Hello everybody.
I am making a custom vehicle, based on the warthog, and I now have a rig and animate it.
As my vehicle is in fact an animal, I wonder if it is possible to rig the legs and other body parts so that the model bends, instead of just rotating and moving. For instance, I want the animal's head to be able to turn and to stay linked to the body, not in a separate element.
It implies that in the skin modifier, some vertices will have a weight of 0.5.

Will halo handle that ingame ? Or do all the vehicle parts have to be rigid ?
Thanks.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Animated projectiles Nov 25, 2007 03:33 AM (Total replies: 4)

Is it possible to animate projectiles ?
For example : with knife throwing; how can I make an animation for the rotation of the knife ?
How do I have to name it ?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle wont fire ... Nov 10, 2007 03:46 PM (Total replies: 2)

It works !
Thank you very much !

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool Won't Work! Please help! Nov 10, 2007 03:34 PM (Total replies: 16)

Are you sure that your .JMS file is in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\data\weapons\yourweapon\models\ folder ?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » fp question Nov 10, 2007 03:28 PM (Total replies: 6)

Ok ....
So bones only work with characters ?

What a pity ...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle wont fire ... Nov 10, 2007 03:23 PM (Total replies: 2)

Ive made a custom vehicle, based on the ghost, and it appears ingame, its drivable, but it doesnt fire ...

I replaced the ghost in the globals.globals, my vehicles only has a driver seat, I checked driver, gunner, and third person camera, I have 2 "#primary trigger" markers, the weapon is the vehicles\warthog\warthog gun, and it still doesnt work ...

What do I have to do ?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » fp question Nov 10, 2007 03:11 PM (Total replies: 6)

If you rig the model, you also have to use a script to export the weight from 3ds max, and to use a vertex weight injector, like this one : http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1068

TheArbiter, are you sure that we can use bones to rig it ? I know it works with nodes, but I tried to rig a vehicle with bones, and ingame, the elements of the vehicle were separated and linked to weird places, like players or sceneries.

And it did the same thing when I tried to rig it with the biped structure of 3ds max.
Edited by Varyable on Nov 10, 2007 at 03:12 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Functions Nov 10, 2007 12:53 PM (Total replies: 6)

Ok ... so how do I have to set it up if I want, for instance, a JMA animation to start when someone is driving a vehicle (like the vehicle ground_speed one) ?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Functions Nov 9, 2007 03:50 PM (Total replies: 6)

A , B, C, D .... In and Out ...

I've seen them in particular in vehicle and weapon tags

Does anybody know how they work ?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle Rigging Nov 7, 2007 05:07 AM (Total replies: 0)

Im making a vehicle that has legs (inspired of the ATST of StarWars), and I was wondering if I could use bones to rig the legs, like a biped, which would be much easier to animate.

And if it is possible, what is the exact procedure ?

Rigging -> building the GBXmodel -> exporting the weights -> using the weight injector ?
Do I have to give the bones a particular name ? Or set them as markers or frames ?
Because otherwise, its probably going to be considered as part of the model ...

Time: Fri July 25, 2014 7:16 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website