A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: forrestkeller1
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 3, 2013 11:02 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play: Halo Custom Edition,Killing Floor
What? Why am I still here?
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
forrestkeller1 has contributed to 432 posts out of 467047 total posts (.09%) in 3,911 days (.11 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons problem Mar 3, 2013 11:02 PM (Total replies: 3)

Change the starting equipment in the scenario tag

Halo CE General Discussion » I've Always Wondered... Mar 3, 2013 03:15 AM (Total replies: 49)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
And where can one acquire this 'patch'? I'd like it for a future Foundry beta game.

http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?24803-Release-Halo-No-Lead-Fix-(Server-side)
Edited by forrestkeller1 on Mar 3, 2013 at 03:15 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » any good halo 2 sound extractors Mar 2, 2013 08:22 PM (Total replies: 4)

Gravemind can extract H2 sounds I believe

Halo CE General Discussion » [Mod] H1 (Default Maps) to H3 mappack Mar 1, 2013 01:46 AM (Total replies: 50)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dan
Quote: --- Original message by: Stevedoggen
I find that the Zteam cov carbine takes up a huge amount of map space.

It's not the model, textures or the effects of the carbine that takes a lot of space, it's the Halo 3 HUD CAD made. The bitmaps was never compressed and it's very high res, each bitmap was like 3-5 mb i think.

Most of them are on the 10mb line
Edited by forrestkeller1 on Mar 1, 2013 at 01:46 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Mod] H1 (Default Maps) to H3 mappack Feb 26, 2013 11:23 PM (Total replies: 50)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: Spark
good luck getting them to be .maps since your using zteam weapons

Actually getting Zteam weapons in .map is really easy

Start by:
A. Reduce bitmap sizes
B. Delete those useless FP animations (Spriting, I don't think that's needed)

Also need to remove the throw-equipment, throw-knife, and throw-flashbang animations

EDIT:

See if this .map version of Halo3 Bloodgulch works correctly

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52828637/Halo3Bloodgulch%28Map%29.rar

Edited by forrestkeller1 on Feb 28, 2013 at 02:20 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Mod] H1 (Default Maps) to H3 mappack Feb 26, 2013 11:05 PM (Total replies: 50)

Quote: --- Original message by: Stevedoggen
Quick question (sorry for bump in advance)
(WPC)-ForrestMarkX = forrestkeller1?
A bunch of maps by a similarish name and similar description of project were posted today, and i was wondering if it was you...
If it is, i may have something you may find usefull...

Yes I uploaded those.

I'm working around to making them .map and fixing the basic weapon problems, I still need a better hud, I added Jesse to Xfire but I haven't caught him online yet
Edited by forrestkeller1 on Feb 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Energy sword animations Feb 16, 2013 08:13 PM (Total replies: 6)

You would need to do custom biped animations I believe

Halo CE General Discussion » [Mod] H1 (Default Maps) to H3 mappack Feb 14, 2013 08:37 AM (Total replies: 50)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masterz1337
You should change the numbers ( .hud_numbers ) with the conduit numbers provided on the Zteam tag dump release. Plus, you are using CAD's HUD which isn't compressed causing to take a lot of space, go annoy Jesse for his HUD.

I might since, but I haven't really talked to Jesse in forever and compressing ZTeam's hud is becoming a hassle, it uses up 56.5mb of the tag space

Halo CE General Discussion » [Mod] H1 (Default Maps) to H3 mappack Feb 13, 2013 10:01 PM (Total replies: 50)

Yup it's impossible to make these in .map cause Halo has a limit fo 256 animation blocks, I removed every unused animation from the halo 3 biped and it's still over the limit (433). It can't be done with toolpro so I need to find a way to trim off 54.19mb from the tag size
Edited by forrestkeller1 on Feb 13, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Mod] H1 (Default Maps) to H3 mappack Feb 13, 2013 02:04 PM (Total replies: 50)

I have optimized the bitmaps the best I can and trimmed off 100mb, but it's still too big, 198mb I could trim another 10mb if I could just do the meter icons sadly I can't extract bitmaps with sequence indexes

Halo CE General Discussion » Forrest's CMT SPV2 (Duplicate) Overhaul Feb 13, 2013 01:08 AM (Total replies: 29)

I may pick this back up if the tag slots still aren't a problem, I need to refresh myself with the Blam! engine mechanics anyway, I will have to redo most of the shaders and everything since I lost all the tags
Edited by forrestkeller1 on Feb 13, 2013 at 01:17 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Mod] H1 (Default Maps) to H3 mappack Feb 13, 2013 12:58 AM (Total replies: 50)

I understand that it was for fun, and I hate hating on people but respectfully this was rather pointless, especially since things like that can easily be fixed (I had to fix it for Takedown since I used the same Zteam tagset)

Yeah but sadly I don't know how to fix the animations but I can fix up the bitmaps, I can redo them in .map but I'd have to redo the scenarios cause the second I saved them in OS_sapian or Guerilla they are uncompileable with normal tool cause of this error

Quote: tag data 'hs_syntax_data_definition' too large.

Edit: I still don't know how to fix most things, been almost a year since I've actually made anything for Halo CE, been hanging around coding for Unreal Engine too much
Edited by forrestkeller1 on Feb 13, 2013 at 01:07 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Mod] H1 (Default Maps) to H3 mappack Feb 13, 2013 12:39 AM (Total replies: 50)

As I was playing this I thought to myself

Why was this made? Another mod of compiled tags that no one will ever play again. You could have easily made this non-os. Just remove unneeded tags and optimize bitmaps, ect.

At leasts some of the stupid (h3) mods include reskinned BSPs

And you didn't even fix the tags
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5943/ughd.jpg
Edited by MatthewDratt on Feb 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Thsi is cause of OS for some reason, the weapons look exactly like they do in Halo 3 at FOV 75 but at Halo's default 90 it does that. Agian this was for fun and I didn't really put any real work into it.
Edited by forrestkeller1 on Feb 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Mod] H1 (Default Maps) to H3 mappack Feb 12, 2013 03:02 AM (Total replies: 50)

Quote: --- Original message by: Lestat

An effortless and shameless mod that unnecessarily requires OS. Credits and pictures are always a good thing to have in your post, when releasing stuff. Although, I see why this mod wouldn't need pix to explain what it is. Credits are still a must, especially when most of the stuff in your release isn't yours.

0/10

In b4 "if you don't like it, don't post".
Edited by Lestat on Feb 12, 2013 at 02:41 AM

Yup pretty much an error on my side, yet I did stat the obvious "ZTeams Halo 3 tags, also has there H2 vehicles" but in the event I did not say who made the H3 Hornet, also unsure who made the H3 pickup icons, then there is the CMT Plasma Rifle shaders, Assault Rifle effect, and a bunch of other things I probably but in there that I didn't even notice.

Edit:
Server started for people to try it out
IP: 75.111.145.215:2322
Edited by forrestkeller1 on Feb 12, 2013 at 06:14 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Mod] H1 (Default Maps) to H3 mappack Feb 11, 2013 09:33 PM (Total replies: 50)

well seeing as how they are os maps I would take advantage of it and add some features like more grenade types.maybe for boarding action have a version with lower gravity.

Most of the maps were updated, I used a global overwrite to remove vehicles from being loading in maps that don't use them, reduced alot of file sizes, BoardingAction now has low gravity

Maps changed:
hangemhigh
beavercreek
boardingaction
carousel
longest
putput
wizard
ratrace
prisoner

If someone can provide me ToolPro WITHOUT posting a link here then I can see about making .map versions
Edited by forrestkeller1 on Feb 11, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Mod] H1 (Default Maps) to H3 mappack Feb 11, 2013 09:26 PM (Total replies: 50)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Funny because I actually found a working link on a Halo Demo/Trial mod site.

Dang, I searched google all the way to page 75

Halo CE General Discussion » [Mod] H1 (Default Maps) to H3 mappack Feb 11, 2013 09:23 PM (Total replies: 50)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Tool Pro could have made all of these maps compatible with normal Halo.

I searched for it and all links are dead

Halo CE General Discussion » [Mod] H1 (Default Maps) to H3 mappack Feb 11, 2013 09:14 PM (Total replies: 50)

well seeing as how they are os maps I would take advantage of it and add some features like more grenade types.maybe for boarding action have a version with lower gravity.

I had thought about it, will definatly do it if I decide to update them and get my hands on a working spike grenade

Halo CE General Discussion » [Mod] H1 (Default Maps) to H3 mappack Feb 11, 2013 09:09 PM (Total replies: 50)

umm yeah a little big for just using h3 tags did you even bother to remove the h1 tags?

Most of the H3 tags used H1 tags but I did remove every instance of H1 tags that were unneeded. These H3 tags are all pretty much direct ports of files from Halo 3 so they are rather large
Edited by forrestkeller1 on Feb 11, 2013 at 09:09 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Mod] H1 (Default Maps) to H3 mappack Feb 11, 2013 09:04 PM (Total replies: 50)

how does these maps require OS when there not even 128 mb's?

Unrared they go above 250MB

All of them combined equal up to 4GB

Edited by forrestkeller1 on Feb 11, 2013 at 09:06 PM
Edited by forrestkeller1 on Feb 11, 2013 at 09:06 PM

Time: Wed July 18, 2018 10:32 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website