A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: PsiMatrix
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 29, 2009 11:05 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Sshh, it happens!
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
PsiMatrix has contributed to 73 posts out of 469496 total posts (.02%) in 5,156 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Also make sure that your spawn points are available for all gametypes while testing unless you want them for specific types like Slayer or Race only.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Dec 29, 2009 09:30 AM (Total replies: 14)

Only as much as when someone imports PC tags to CE - http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1879.

Halo CE General Discussion » What is this? Dec 6, 2009 03:05 PM (Total replies: 3)

This section caught my eye:
Quote: 12.06.09 13:35:59 DirectInput: 'Acquire (keyboard)' returned (DIERR_OTHERAPPHASPRIO#-2147024891)
12.06.09 13:35:59 EAX: 0x00000001
12.06.09 13:35:59 EBX: 0x00006501
12.06.09 13:35:59 ECX: 0x01260578
12.06.09 13:35:59 EDX: 0x00000030
12.06.09 13:35:59 EDI: 0x0012F2C8
12.06.09 13:35:59 ESI: 0x00000000
12.06.09 13:35:59 EBP: 0x0012F1A0
12.06.09 13:35:59 ESP: 0x0012F190
12.06.09 13:35:59 EIP: 0x77D564F4, C3 8D A4 24 ?????
12.06.09 13:35:59 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\cseries\profile.c,#442: parent_timesection->self_msec >= child_timesection->elapsed_msec

Help?
DIERR_OTHERAPPHASPRIO means another application has priority over the keyboard input. If you alt+tab to another program and leave it too long Sapien can exception out from this.

Halo Movies Announcements » Life of a Hunter: Prologue 2 Feb 17, 2008 07:57 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Daemon
Were we supposed to listen to this backwards?
It's Sangheili, it's meant to sound like that and emphasises the fact that the Hunters can't understand him.

I asked my friend which parts he wanted to do and he chose Gold. Then I asked him if he wouldn't mind saying some random stuff for a minute or two which he did. So go ahead and listen to it backwards... it's quite inane.

Halo Movies Announcements » Life of a Hunter: Prologue 2 Feb 15, 2008 10:28 PM (Total replies: 7)

For the most part, no. It's going to be mostly visual gags or situations at first mainly because I can't grasp AI yet. And since most of the characters are on the same side there won't be much reason for them to fight.

If I had to define it now; it's a comedy-drama. The episodes will also be short-ish and very visual which is kind of ironic given how low-definition the visuals are.

The season plan is to introduce everyone. meet the bad guys, two crazyness episodes, one rainy crazy episode, an over-the-top crazy episode, one than can only be described as Groundhog Day and then a four-part finale to the Chapter. At least that's the plan. Hopefully I can fit some action sequences in to the finale and there will be a few in episodes preceeding it. The big limit on this is that I'm only one person doing all the filming work at the moment and until I leanr how to put in AI it might be a little borig at first. The story should make up for that.

The only reason for it being set in Blood Gulch is for continuity. The first episode I created only had a Hunter modded into the PC Bloodgulch map. Since I'm familiar the setting will be the same however there are other maps being created utilising some of the campaign maps and the finale will see a departure from the Gulch one way or the other.

Halo Movies Announcements » Life of a Hunter: Prologue 2 Feb 15, 2008 08:03 PM (Total replies: 7)

That would be cel-shading. I decided to go with a different look since there's umpteen gazillion Halo machinimas out there to make mine stand out a bit more.

That's what took a long time to manage was converting the bitmap mod to Halo CE so I could make use of the camera as well as input various bipeds so I don't have to use a lot of camera tricks (just editing ones:) )
Edited by PsiMatrix on Feb 15, 2008 at 08:07 PM

Halo Movies Announcements » Life of a Hunter: Prologue 2 Feb 15, 2008 02:39 PM (Total replies: 7)

I've been out of the machinima loop for a while now and I've just got the urge to film back again. A project I started in 2005 which flopped has recently regained my attention and I'm making it my duty to finish so I have at least one project done. So I managed to create one short this week while I finish off the scripts for the actual series.

LOAH Prologue 2 "Gold has a quick word with two of the Hunters" - http://echozulufilms.com/download.php?view.53

Halo Movies Announcements » Most Offensive Halo Vid EVER Feb 15, 2008 02:20 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
still doesn't change the fact that they are some of the best names in Halo PC Machinima
I have never heard of either of them.
have made the majority of their videos with freeware Fraps. And although this doesn't condone my using of it to film, it doesn't incriminate it, either.

Using watermarked video capture software is like showing up for a job interview in ripped jeans and a scruffy Tee shirt with "suck this" across the front. You may not believe it but appearances do count and if you are not willing to forgo a few Big Macs to purchase an inexpensive capture software product then you are not serious about what you are doing.
A more common analogy is like watching TV or DVD of anything.

TV is often interrupted by advertisements/commercials or in someway watermarked. Often the case is that since it doesn't cost you anything directly to recieve it then you live with it (channel mark in the corner, commercials every ten minutes, etc.). The operator needs to do what they can to get their money's worth out of their investment.

DVD is usually fullscreen, non-marked and uninterrupted. But you've paid for it. The expense has been covered so there's no need to watch a commercial or who produced the DVD since it's all over the packaging. And you get a better experience for it.

With regards to the video: it was boring, mostly because the sound was all over the place(as Dennis has stated). It was a collection of audio streams set to film. Some of the last section was amusing but only becuase I like the song not what was actually going on.
Edited by PsiMatrix on Feb 15, 2008 at 02:29 PM

Time: Sun December 8, 2019 8:26 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website