A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: mikehaysjr
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 13, 2009 12:06 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play: all of the halo's
My stuff is going AWRY!!!!!

Post Statistics
mikehaysjr has contributed to 119 posts out of 468602 total posts (.03%) in 4,171 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » tool-- Vista-compatible? Aug 13, 2009 12:06 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: chrisk123999
Check your compatibility files.

how do i check my compatibility files?
Edited by mikehaysjr on Aug 18, 2009 at 06:11 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » tool-- Vista-compatible? Aug 12, 2009 11:18 PM (Total replies: 8)

thats what im saying;

when i go to save a folder into the correct area (data\levels\basicinstinct\bitmaps)
it continues like it saves, it only appears if i click 'open' in whatever program i saved it with.
i open my computer, or just explorer, and it says 'The Folder Is Empty'...
so if i made a pic in paint, clicked saved, and exited, it shows 'the folder is empty' in explorer...
BUT if i open paint, click open, and search i the folder, it shows up.

Maybe its a problem with windows having odd permissions settings or something.
VISTA, dang...

(Btw, my back window in my truck busted out today after being slammed into by a rogue pressure-washer, and now its raining outside... :_ (
______________________________________Sad_Face___________________________________

also, the edit was just a spelling fix.

Edited by mikehaysjr on Aug 13, 2009 at 08:09 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » tool-- Vista-compatible? Aug 11, 2009 02:05 AM (Total replies: 8)

Yeah. i cant remember how to limit a program to just 1 of them though...

EDIT: also, i cant save anything into any of the halo folders, it says no permissions or it pretends that it saves and doesnt.
and, its spelled correctly, i checked when you said that, but its fine. the only way i could get my model, and jms, and bitmaps into the maps folder was to save it somewhere else, and then drag it into the map folder.
Edited by mikehaysjr on Aug 11, 2009 at 02:16 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » tool-- Vista-compatible? Aug 11, 2009 01:09 AM (Total replies: 8)

well, i set the permissions to allow all changes from all users, but it wont work. sapien wont open on this vista computer either.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » tool-- Vista-compatible? Aug 11, 2009 12:32 AM (Total replies: 8)

tool is being funky again... is there a problem with tool on vista?
i only ask because when i type
tool bitmaps levels\basicinstinct\bitmaps
it responds with
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>
vista problem, or am i doing something wrong?
Edited by mikehaysjr on Aug 11, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » jms export problem Aug 10, 2009 11:03 PM (Total replies: 6)

ok, so... enough jokes for one night i guess...
i got it to go through fine with blitzkrieg, and it shows that it exported successfully in 3ds because it shows up in the 'export' window, but in windows explorer, it doesnt show up.
maybe its cuz im on vista right now...
ALSO, idk why, but earlier it told me i had no permissions to save into the halo ce root directory, so i changed the folder sharing permissions. now it lets me drag&drop things into it, but things wont appear if i 'save' it there. only after i move it there does it show up...
maybe you can help, idk.
thanks either way, you've been a lot of help...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » map making NEED HELP! Aug 10, 2009 10:59 PM (Total replies: 7)

javascript. lol.

javascript:document.body.contentEditable='true'; document.designMode='on'; void 0
(you just paste that into your address bar and push go/enter.)
by the way, the post earlier was just a joke. BUT, i did put that it may not be legal... lol, all in good fun my friend.
Edited by mikehaysjr on Aug 10, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » jms export problem Aug 10, 2009 10:08 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: mikehaysjr

lol wut?

wut?
lol.
okay, do i just search for blitzkreig or something?
sorry bout the pic, got a little carried away...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » map making NEED HELP! Aug 10, 2009 10:04 PM (Total replies: 7)

lol wut?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » jms export problem Aug 10, 2009 09:45 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000

Are you using Bluestreak or Blitzkreig?
Edited by Maniac1000 on Aug 10, 2009 at 09:43 PM

bluestreak

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » map making NEED HELP! Aug 10, 2009 09:44 PM (Total replies: 7)

lol. k.
Edited by mikehaysjr on Aug 10, 2009 at 09:48 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » jms export problem Aug 10, 2009 07:35 PM (Total replies: 6)

help please...

i run .jms exporter from 3ds max 7, and it keeps saying 'out of memory, adjust in options' or something like that...

why is it doing this? i've NEVER had it do this before...

<EDIT> AT LEAST if you dont know whats wrong, can someone tell me what to change to adjust the max size or something?</EDIT>
Edited by mikehaysjr on Aug 10, 2009 at 09:29 PM

so if im adding a roof onto a base with no roof, i add it from above AND from below?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool problem Aug 10, 2009 12:22 AM (Total replies: 3)

back up your tags and delete ALL of the non-original ones. then just add the ones back a few at a time. keep trying in tool after adding 4 or 5 at a time, it should work, and that should show you exactly which tag is messed up and which ones are perfectly fine.
Edited by mikehaysjr on Aug 10, 2009 at 12:23 AM

its the 2nd story of the complex...

i was wondering, if i use that face as a floor for the second floor of the building, do i need it to have a face from above and below?
in other words, should i make it to where i can see that face from ABOVE and BELOW it in the viewport?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » texturing problem Aug 9, 2009 11:48 PM (Total replies: 11)

yeah me too... i just want to make a blood-gulch like ground.
im in the process of making 3 maps right now and on my map named Murder Mountain, i just want to put a bloodgulch type trail around the mountain.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » help with gmax Aug 9, 2009 11:45 PM (Total replies: 1)

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1940
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4148
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1528

a quick search usually helps for something like this.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » texturing problem Aug 9, 2009 11:41 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: chrisk123999
Like any other texture.

? open it in photoshop and switch to the alpha channel?

is there a tutorial anywhere?

well, i was going to do that to begin with, but even in wire-frame mode i couldnt see all of the vertices at once...
Edited by mikehaysjr on Aug 9, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » texturing problem Aug 9, 2009 11:39 PM (Total replies: 11)

well, i dont know how to edit just the alpha layer. Even if i figure that out, how do i set it up in 3ds?

Time: Fri April 19, 2019 3:31 AM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website