A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: TaxiService
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 26, 2014 02:25 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
beep beep

Post Statistics
TaxiService has contributed to 17 posts out of 469671 total posts (0.00%) in 4,430 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I ran a quick test, i gave the mp_warthog gun to the rocket hog, and applied the model of the warthog to the weap. It indeed didn't move at all. :\ I just don't know if it's a marker issue or what!

I mean, maybe the gun would rotate if we attach it to a marker placed on the arm that would normally hold the turret. I wasn't able to pinpoint how to define what marker the weap spawns at, though.

I still haven't had the time to make new tags with HEK yet; i hope to be able to look into it more thoroughly in the weekend. If anyone has some info about this it will be accepted gratefully! : )

I know, but that's exactly what i want to avoid. The point is that since we're using CE we can edit every aspect of a tag, and thus we can think of a way to use the tools we've got most efficiently.

What i mean to do is basically an hog with a free weapon slot.

I'll see about making this tag. What i'm wondering is why it doesn't exist yet. :\

Hello, i am a PC modder that just got HEK and i'm currently still learning how to make things with it. : ) I have a question.

The functions of a tag are limited to four. The mp_warthog uses them all for different things, namely the headlights, the taillights, the wheel blur and the chaingun firing animation.

I want to add a horn to the warthog, and i want to do so using a lsnd activated by the crouch button, but doing so requires a function that regulates this. So i would have to sacrifice one of these four functions to do it for this warthog. (The rocket hog for example doesn't have the same problem because one of the functions is unused.)

My idea is: what if i remove the chaingun model from the hog and make a weap out of it, then assign the weapon to the warthog? Theoretically i could set this weap's animations to be like the original hog thanks to the weap's functions and at the same time free a function slot from the warthog, right?

Making such a vehicle would be also pretty efficient, since it could be used to spawn different weapons too and always have a horn!
So my question is, are weap models rendered on a vehi if it has the right markers and it's set to do so? Also, would there be any problem with the chaingun's animations when, like, looking up or down or something?

I haven't been able to compile a map yet because i'm still in the process of learning how to use 3dsmax properly, so while i do that, what do you guys think? do you think this would be possible? thanks in advance!
Edited by TaxiService on Jun 25, 2014 at 09:22 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] Help with scnr! Dec 25, 2008 06:50 PM (Total replies: 9)

sigh. thanks anyway.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] Help with scnr! Dec 25, 2008 06:04 PM (Total replies: 9)

^ in fact, since i can't do it i am asking someone of you to. <_<

Quote: We dont use HMT and HHT and wat not

_ if i could do it with the tools i got i wouldn't even came here to bother.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] Help with scnr! Dec 25, 2008 12:30 PM (Total replies: 9)

Hello there, CE users folks. I am TaxiService, a halo modder that is not able to run CE on his machines. (i'm a mac user)

lately i've been modding a map i've been working on from a while, but now that i have all the pieces imported, i cannot spawn them.

What i need is some new chunks in the scenery palette, so that i can make more scen's spawn.
i tried already using the tools i have, but none seems to work properly. :-/

So i came here. asking for someone who can... add some chunks to a scnr tag. <_< it should not be so hard to do with the tools you got.

If someone wishes to help me i'll PM him/her the needed data. Do somebody?

thanks in advance! ^.^

Halo CE General Discussion » Volksvagen van? o.O Feb 12, 2008 03:10 PM (Total replies: 4)

^ that's one of the reasons of why i want it in halo.

another reason is because hugo found a DHARMA van on Lost's island... <_< and 'm working on a silent cartographer's bsp MP mod...

anyway, just the exterior is needed. maybe some basic modeling for the interiors... but nothing too detailed :-\

so, yeah... when you have some spare time... there's not hurry. :P

Peace. 8=:-D ~W) <--(chef with spaghetti)

Halo CE General Discussion » Volksvagen van? o.O Feb 12, 2008 01:09 PM (Total replies: 4)

Hai.

i searched trough the site, but i didn't find anything like what i need.

so, is there anyone with some free time who can do something like this?!:

http://images.google.it/images?um=1&hl=it&q=volkswagen+van <-- here for more pics...

as "do something like this?!" i mean if you can create a VW van with working collision, mod2, antr, and minimum 4 seats (driver incuded).

basically a warthog with no weapon, different mod2 and coll, and another seat.

i'm asking you because i'm not able to. :-\ (other that i didnt install a copy of windows on my mac, i dont know how to use CE )

so... yeah, thanks in advance to whoever would help me. :P Have a nice day!

Halo CE General Discussion » Adding actv to scnr? Jan 12, 2008 10:43 AM (Total replies: 1)

yes, it may be simple for you.

you may think "OMFG WHAT A NOOB! IT's TEH SIMPLEST THING EVAH!!!!11!", but i'm not a CE user. <_<

...can someone link me a tutorial or something like? thanks in advance.

EDIT: if it was not clear: i'm trying to make AIs spawn in a map.
Edited by TaxiService on Jan 12, 2008 at 10:44 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Hello there, life forms <_< Dec 9, 2007 03:22 AM (Total replies: 32)

^ esactly.

and, probably you all (not kiwi) got some weird informations <_<

is microsoft that "killed" apple in world merchandising. (is it spell right?)

IMHO, apple is way better than microsoft's OS's. but this is not main topic argoument :-\ (GADGETS!? oh, CMON! VISTA IS OSX WITH VIRUSES!!!)

mac's halo has no differences between win's halo.
mac's halo demo has only 800 diferent bytes from win's halo trial (it's called header. are the first 800 bytes of a map. those are simply "hackable")

so, if you can so something in halo for windows, i dont see any reason for not doing it for mac. o_O

so, is there ANYONE who knows how do that things? (maybe let me contact who created map extinction?)

thanks again...

PS: whops, sorry jake (T-T) i was influenced by alchool yesterday... <_<

Halo CE General Discussion » Hello there, life forms <_< Dec 8, 2007 11:34 AM (Total replies: 32)

sorry if i offended you, kiwi :-)

so, hello there to you... undead... thing. <_<

anyway, when you use halo CE, how do you do that stuff i mentioned? (if you do... <_<)

...oh, even this: do someone knows how to change team colors? i mean... make Red become Orange for example?
i'm trying using Eschaton, but probably that's a wrong way :-\

EDIT: Jack, it's called Trial for windows and Demo for mac. :P
Edited by TaxiService on Dec 8, 2007 at 11:36 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Hello there, life forms <_< Dec 8, 2007 08:33 AM (Total replies: 32)

....anyone else? <_<

Halo CE General Discussion » A Halo CE Board Game Dec 8, 2007 06:09 AM (Total replies: 173)

pretty nice idea and realization!

after this you should do a chess map, then a tic-tac-toe one XD

Halo CE General Discussion » Hello there, life forms <_< Dec 8, 2007 05:38 AM (Total replies: 32)

oh, whoops, is there an halo trial section? XP

uhm... anyway, apple is my life o_o i couldnt ever abadon apple!

you! fat microsoft! you ruined a only-mac game :mad: (just kidding >_>)

...anyway, halo demo is basically same of trial, but for mac.
A mini version of halo with only b30 and bloodgulch.

mmhmh well, here's a question; in full and demo halos, you can make spawn only up to 6 different vehicles (normally these vehicles are warthog_mp, r_warthog, banshee_mp, scorpion_mp, ghost_mp and c_gunturret_mp)

but, in CE maps i noticed that you can spawn all vehicles you want! like... look at map extinction... there are like... 15 different vehicles...

so, is there a way to make more than 6 vehicles spawn in halo full/demo?
(well, it is possible. i converted map extinction for halo full, and it had all vehicles :-\
so the question is: how?)

thanks in advance again! :-D

Halo CE General Discussion » Hello there, life forms <_< Dec 8, 2007 05:12 AM (Total replies: 32)

Hi, i come in peace from mac's halo modding community.

(if you cant understand something... tell me, i'll try to re-explain (im from italy <_<))

here's my problem
i am editing a map for halo demo, which you play in silent cartographer's BSP. (original map was bloodgulch)

in map there are normal bloodgulch's sceneries (trees, plant ferns, rocks, et-cetera.)
i imported some scen's and mach's inside, but, how do i make them spawn into scnr?

i thinked about sparkedit's "Import tag into scenario" command, but when i try it, it doesnt work :-\ (map is not yet rebulid)

so... what tool can help me do what i need? and, how to use it?
and... is same thing with vehicles?

thanks in advance! ;-)

Time: Thu January 23, 2020 1:35 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website