A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: nusua
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 7, 2013 05:42 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Every step of a tut screws me up. LOL noobish avvy

Post Statistics
nusua has contributed to 96 posts out of 467070 total posts (.02%) in 3,870 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Quitting Mapmaking! Feb 7, 2013 05:42 AM (Total replies: 77)

Oh, dear. What an amusing find this was. Definitely a relook at an example of a complete offtrack of motivation towards my musical aspirations.

I rarely post in online forums anymore, but this warranted my attention.

Apologies to anyone who is still annoyed or insulted by my sudden excuse to complain about parental limitations, and many thanks to those who I see were strikingly kind and complimentary. Safe to say this might as well be my last post on here. To those who are still curious about the progress of my work or have questions regarding composition, feel free to visit my home page.

Please, if a moderator could generously close this topic; I would greatly appreciate the act of doing so.

Regards,
Phillip Lober

Not if everything is separated by tabs.

As far as multiple monitors, I agree. That would be a hassle, unless there was a way to load multiple instances and then re-wire those instances all to eachother.

How about a program that contains a bunch of features that emulate the entire HEK, organized by various tabs. What if it included an integrated 3D modeler, and if the designer wasn't satisfied with that, he or she could import a .3ds into this program? What if it also automatically converted and compressed files without the need for CMD? Not only could this simplification get younger and beginner designers into mapmaking, but it could even possibly improve on the current method.

This could also bring about the introduction of templates, making everything easier to modify.

So, is this a possibility? How would you guys feel about using only one (or, if modeling complex structures, two) program(s) to design maps?
Edited by nusua on Oct 17, 2011 at 12:34 AM
Edited by nusua on Oct 17, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Dedicated Servers only? Oct 15, 2011 01:41 AM (Total replies: 6)

Still isn't working, and the PortForwarding Checker isn't detecting any opened 80, 2302, 2303 ports.

EDIT: Nevermind. Solved the whole issue.
Edited by nusua on Oct 15, 2011 at 03:07 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Dedicated Servers only? Oct 6, 2011 04:01 PM (Total replies: 6)

No one can join my server on Halo Trial, either.

I tried running as an administrator and there was no difference made.

Halo CE General Discussion » Dedicated Servers only? Oct 4, 2011 06:12 AM (Total replies: 6)

I open up Halo CE. For some reason, it allows me to join only dedicated servers, and when I create a game, no one joins.

Also, everyone playing on almost every game speaks only Spanish...just a little side note.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Trying to Re-Locate a tutorial Jun 6, 2011 12:01 AM (Total replies: 4)

Many thanks! This is indeed the tutorial I was searching for.

Cheers!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Trying to Re-Locate a tutorial Jun 5, 2011 11:47 PM (Total replies: 4)

I've checked all of the tutorials mentioned in the pinned topics and searched around in MODS, but I can't seem to find:

A tutorial I used to use; I forgot the author, but it guides you through mapmaking from start to finish and uses GMax and Chimp 1.6. It also has nice and colorful pictures.

Sorry if this is breaking or violating a rule, but does anyone know of the tutorial described above?

Halo CE General Discussion » Quitting Mapmaking! Jun 4, 2011 12:21 PM (Total replies: 77)

I agree heavily, IcePhoenix.

I created a Linux Live CD (Ubuntu), but the autorun is compiled into a file with a .exe extension, so I can't install anything.

Halo CE General Discussion » Quitting Mapmaking! Jun 3, 2011 06:24 PM (Total replies: 77)

First off, I am flattered that people enjoy my music! And I am definitely pursuing that career; I'm writing music for a feature documentary at the moment.

Dennis, I used to agree with the philosophy of hyperfocus, but I think that the mind should bounce between two or more things in order to be stable, or for lack of better words, not bored.

Especially in the arts, where the workload varies heavily. Not only that, but getting into mapmaking/developing is a good way to learn about the processes that my future boss (game developer, perhaps) might be going through ;)

Wonderful comments, and I guess I'll ask for them to remove the controls for my birthday present or something.

Halo CE General Discussion » Quitting Mapmaking! Jun 2, 2011 07:38 PM (Total replies: 77)

First off, thanks to all for the appreciated and unexpected support.

Secondly, to Dennis: This is my own PC. They put it on so that I wouldn't download any viruses. I hope I'm not wasting bandwidth with this thread but I am grateful for all the help.

It's a really secure and stable system, considering the fact that it is hosted by the OS (Windows 7). Visually, any icon with a blue and yellow shield in the corner will ask for a password upon the FIRST run. Any run after that is fine. My parents are a bit against videogames or any program not having to do with school or composing, so my passion for coding and mapmaking (which I am terrible at but love to do) is a tad limited.

I have not heard of LiveCDs. Do you know if Gmax runs decently with it?

There is also a timer on the computer but that is irrelevant.

As far as internet, a seperate system provided by Verizon is used to block anything "innapropriate, sex education, tasteless/gross"

I also cannot run CMD as an administrator without being asked for a password.

...I only play Halo 1. It's the only game I really play. It helps me relax sometimes.
Thanks for the help.

OH, really important sidenote. The whole system is hosted on a user created admin account that I do not have access too, for the sole purpose of not being able to stop the process of the P Controls.
Edited by nusua on Jun 2, 2011 at 07:54 PM
Edited by nusua on Jun 2, 2011 at 07:57 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Quitting Mapmaking! Jun 1, 2011 10:39 PM (Total replies: 77)

Can't, and I'm pretty sure there isn't an alternative way. I even tried running a .exe file from a thumb drive.

Halo CE General Discussion » Quitting Mapmaking! Jun 1, 2011 10:34 PM (Total replies: 77)

Yeah I've been off for a long time. Last time I went on here was 2 years ago.

Does anyone know if CE can be run from a .msi extension?

Halo CE General Discussion » Quitting Mapmaking! Jun 1, 2011 10:05 PM (Total replies: 77)

Actually, is there a way to compile Custom Edition into a .msi extension instead of .exe?

Halo CE General Discussion » Quitting Mapmaking! Jun 1, 2011 09:56 PM (Total replies: 77)

So, I've had parental controls on this PC that disown my ability to download and run .exe files. Huge problem in mapmaking, especially since I don't have any of the required applications and programs anymore.

However, to show my respect for the community, I am willing to provide original music to someone's map if I have time. Here's some of my work: http://philliplober.com

Thanks for reading and have a good day!

.........but how do I donload this music from this website that plays on the font page?: http://www.shoppingchinanow.com

I'm editing a map for custom edition and I need this music. Thanks!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT EXTRAS NOT WORKING. Aug 9, 2010 01:57 PM (Total replies: 17)

Yes, I tried them all, nothing happened. Not one of them worked.

Does it have anything to do with running from the console? Because I am running the level from the console.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT EXTRAS NOT WORKING. Aug 9, 2010 03:57 AM (Total replies: 17)

CMT EXTRAS are not doing anything for me...I try clicking on the "how to use cmt extras" but it does nothing. Help, please? I am using the CMT B30 beta v2. Thanks!

How do I find the errors?

How do I delete the WRL files?

I'm very new to mapmaking.

-VH

You equals awesome.

So I import it, and then export the .jms again, and compile the scenario?

-VH

Time: Sun July 22, 2018 10:23 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website