A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: PsyKoVision
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 4, 2008 11:27 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play: Halo CE
Hyperpower!
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
PsyKoVision has contributed to 23 posts out of 477692 total posts (0.00%) in 2,408 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Map review topic Jan 4, 2008 11:22 AM (Total replies: 71)

Hmm.... I have to agree with the sniping in ambush.
The spawn points on that map are also terrible. Unless its CTF you have about a 50% chance of spawning next to an enemy. The military base is far too open and the spawns are too close together. This makes for problems when one player gets in and has a clear scope of every spawn in the area. Some parts need a serious re-think... [Military base area entrances? Why all the random barbed wire?]

Yeah Immure would be good.

lockout should be final...

Underpass is actually quite a small map. It's just the chasm in the middle which you have to jump which is the problem -unless theres teleporters i haven't seen.

Hmm... I was just thinking, there may be some problems with underpass with the large 'chasm' in the centre... You might need to consider vehicle rules or something...

Although usually vehicles on a zombie server shouldn't be allowed...

Snow Grove works quite well for zombies...
How about:
-Underpass
-Pipedream
-H2 Lockout
[Just a few random ideas]

...one thing you must do is be strict on the rules. One player breaking them ruins a zombies server. I'd also recommend you disallow grenades completely.

Halo CE General Discussion » H3T-Coagulation PB2 Dec 28, 2007 04:53 AM (Total replies: 26)

Heh.... Battle rifle is showing up after all... Ok then.

By the shields, I did mean the way that the shapes which make up the shield stick out at the top, and from slightly above this becomes very clear.

I would say that not enough has really been done to merit a whole new beta...
...but if they skinned the rest of the weapons -that would make it a lot better than the original.

Halo CE General Discussion » H3T-Coagulation PB2 Dec 27, 2007 03:10 PM (Total replies: 26)

I have to say that playing this map I was rather disappointed. It seems not much has been done...

-I preferred the bubble shield the way it was. The new way looks a bit dodgey. (the pattern was nice, but it looks kinda screwed up from above)
-What happened to the covie-carbine and battle-rifle? I haven't seen them on this map... I could swear a few other weapons were missing too =[
-I didn't like the reticule's tinted-border around the edges. It's distracting and really just limits your view... I can't see it's purpose..

-At least the sniper's the right size now though =D

Overall, i'dd say the first beta version was better = not a good step

Halo CE General Discussion » evilkevin1's modified maps Dec 24, 2007 12:12 PM (Total replies: 39)

So am I. THe kinds of mods where very weapon is like a heavy... Uber gun mods...

Halo CE General Discussion » evilkevin1's modified maps Dec 24, 2007 09:14 AM (Total replies: 39)

Lol...

...Yeah.... but this mod is really the only one left that's widely played. I haven't seen another in a long time...

Halo CE General Discussion » evilkevin1's modified maps Dec 24, 2007 09:05 AM (Total replies: 39)

Actually I think the uniqueness of this mod makes it worthwhile. Chaosgulch is just hilarious to play… yes it gets boring after a while, but I see a server playing it and am actually inclined to join. It's so different it actually makes the map more attractive.... I rarely play a normal BG game. It's so outrageous that it succeeds

It’s good stress relief! :)

-A good remake of it would be good... unlike Chaosgulch v2, which was terrible.

*Shot*

Halo CE General Discussion » evilkevin1's modified maps Dec 24, 2007 08:46 AM (Total replies: 39)

Just tried it out… Its quite good… but:
-Tank shots are so strong they send every vehicle on the map flying
-Shee shots are too weak
-The flamethrower is epic…. But too strong… You can use it as a jetpack and burn up the whole map from the sky…
-Don’t let tanks fly… It just doesn’t work…
-Slow down AR rockets…. I liked seeing them…

However:
-The shotgun and plasma rifle are great….
-Ghosts, although they need better weaponry, are great with the flight ability
-Pistol! 5 sniper shots in 1 shot??!? Nice =D

Keep it up!

EDIT: Oh, and can you disable rider auto eject?
Edited by PsyKoVision on Dec 24, 2007 at 08:53 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » help banned! Dec 24, 2007 05:36 AM (Total replies: 35)

I have had similar problems... it's not a map error

...another problem I've had is when starting a new round on the same map. Some random games I just get told 'the game has closed down', when quite clearly It hasn't. I'm then locked out of the server for some reason, but If i join another one, leave, then go back to the first, it works fine...

...COuld it be that i'm using wireless or something? I can't think of anything else wrong. [No gamespy arcade either]

Halo CE General Discussion » Flying/Ground Vehicle Controls Dec 24, 2007 05:33 AM (Total replies: 36)

Yeah... I suppose spacebar does help slightly...

...on some maps, especially H2 Coagulation, boosting tends to be a little too uncontrollable to use properly -the slightest hill with a ghost can make it spin out. The shees are OK though...

Pressing space on some warthogs also applies a 'handbrake' which stops the car...

Halo CE General Discussion » what maps have the most people on them? Dec 23, 2007 03:31 AM (Total replies: 15)

Agreed. I can't see why people get Halo CE and then play the normal levels...

Chaosgulch (but not v2) often fills up. As does Chronopolis

Halo CE General Discussion » Flying/Ground Vehicle Controls Dec 21, 2007 01:39 PM (Total replies: 36)

Ah... so shees do it too....

...It doesn't seem to be very widely known... I've never seen anyone else boost.

Although it is quite funny when you boost a ghost away from a rocket that would otherwise have hit and the other team start screaming 'HAXX' =]

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » help banned! Dec 21, 2007 04:29 AM (Total replies: 35)

Kiwi may just be very good you know... looking at the number of deaths its only 3 kills/life... which isn't overly abnormal... If it was something like 10 kills a life you might have cause to be slightly suspicious, but not in this case...

Halo CE General Discussion » Flying/Ground Vehicle Controls Dec 20, 2007 07:32 AM (Total replies: 36)

I told you... Crouch/CTRL/CONTROL

Halo CE General Discussion » Flying/Ground Vehicle Controls Dec 20, 2007 03:29 AM (Total replies: 36)

Boosting is possible in Halo Custom Edition, but not Normal Halo PC...

...However, It only seems to be on Halo 2 maps... which have been copied from halo 2 and made for Halo CE.

In other words, I'm talking about halo 2 maps you can download for Halo CE. [Yes, on PC]

Halo CE General Discussion » Flying/Ground Vehicle Controls Dec 19, 2007 11:17 AM (Total replies: 36)

No... I don't have Halo 2... You need Windows Vista to use it without an X-Box... I have an upgrade disc, but my PC keeps telling me I have 'sharepoint' installed when I don't, killing the upgrade, which sucks...

Oh well =]

I was just pointing out boosting as it hasn't been mentioned yet and really shocked me when I found it...

Halo CE General Discussion » Flying/Ground Vehicle Controls Dec 19, 2007 11:03 AM (Total replies: 36)

Recently i discovered on H2_New_Mombasa that pressing ctrl while in a ghost tilts the front end down and ignites what look like 'booster jets', giving a speed increase if moving forward...

...at least thats what I think it was... i got in while crouching and it went crazy and sped off! XP

-Note: I think it's meant as a speed increase, i tried jumping with it but it just sends you headfirst into the ground... can't think of any other use

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » help banned! Dec 19, 2007 10:46 AM (Total replies: 35)

Hmm... sometimes I seem to be banned from servers that i've never even been on/seen before... It doesn't make sense.

Is it possible to automatically ban people with certain names? I usually go by 'Nightmare', which in the last few weeks suddenly seems quite common [before last week i had never (in a few months of play) seen another player with my name, now i've seen about 5...]

Time: Tue July 22, 2014 3:17 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website