A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ViciousWhiskers
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 20, 2014 08:12 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play:
Give it a try.

Post Statistics
ViciousWhiskers has contributed to 335 posts out of 469451 total posts (.07%) in 4,350 days (.08 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Hi everyone, it's definitely been a while.

I'm not entirely gone from this forum, but I've moved on to explore other paths in my life. I'll be visiting halomaps from time to time, so if you guys need anything, just ask here or PM me.

I don't use xfire anymore, so if you want to add me on steam, it's: "xlzqwerty1" without quotes.

If you know I have a tag or something/anything, feel free to ask and I'll see if I can provide them for you guys. I'll be posting more stuff to release in this thread from time to time, so make sure you guys check back.

If tags don't work, then improvise or post here and I'll include missing tags (maybe).
Contact me if you guys need anything.

RELEASE STUFF.

Gauss Sniper:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ3cEKAwHwA&list=UUUlibalu3tMDTVcXQR4uD8g
Credits to: Imbrokeru, Soldier11, xlzqwerty1. I took some free sounds off gamebanana/fpsbanana and edited in audacity to fit the animations that Soldier11 made on imbrokeru's gauss sniper. Also did some shaders and my own edits on the bitmaps (the originals are also included, so feel free to edit the shaders and select the different bitmaps, or make your own if you don't like them).

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jn51ni1145ur9bj/gauss-sniper.rar

gm_flatgrass map/scenario
Map taken directly from garrysmod. It's time that everyone can take it. Good for testing your own tags and stuff, so have fun. It's the map featured in the above video.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ruh6k66ki02g5w0/gm_flatgrass.rar
Edited by ViciousWhiskers on Jul 20, 2014 at 08:14 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Building a kick ass PC from scratch! Feb 4, 2014 09:58 PM (Total replies: 52)

Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
Okay I got good news and bad news.

Good news the PC is amazing and it's actually fully alive to be honest it's a best PC I ever had but the bad news is it's not coming on the monitor, it's just black.

However the asus motherboard says 50 so I looked up on the manuel book just to check the error and I found the error it says.

"Memory intialialization error. Invalid memory type or incompatible memory speed"

Reseat your RAM. Try using only one RAM stick. Either your motherboard is faulty, or your RAM is DOA.

How do I fix it?

Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
Looking very nice so far.

Quick question, would jiggle-bones be possible? (DO IT FOR HOBBET360. DO THE FLOP.)

Not just "jiggle-bones". Physics on specific materials, i.e. cloths, capes, hair, etc. That would be even better.
Edited by ViciousWhiskers on Dec 28, 2013 at 01:40 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » BlindWolf (Working in progress!) Dec 11, 2013 06:53 PM (Total replies: 235)

There is something terribly wrong with those two front teeth... It's as if they were glued on...

A question, are you going to open-source the engine (if it has not been already answered before)?
I would love to use a Java based engine to make some random games and other stuff for fun. Java lessons from school could then be put to use for me. Still trying to learn OGRE and C++; still pretty complicated for me right now :(.

Quote: --- Original message by: greg079

Quote: --- Original message by: TheChunkierBean
Swag man! My friends and I are working on different types of ways on making games and we all assigned ourselfs different engines and laugauages. I'm think about Java but don't know if it will work out as an FPS engine. Is it easy to script? Does it take time to make or can one of my friends who knows a good bit of Java do it in a couple of days? Thanks for the help BTW.

java is fairly easy to learn, and java runtime scripts can create near limitless possibilities for any game, but it can be slow. also swag is for boys... class is for men!

Quote: --- Original message by: Not Inferno
I'm using OpenGL 4.1 not Direct X. It's better.

Havok costs money, and I doubt you can get a Java port of it haha.

The implementation of mods within the engine can do the exact same things that halo mods do + more stuff.

i prefer dx11's post effects, sorry but i like to have configurable eyecandy. (no but srsly can u add parallax support and normal map support at least, plz?)
so 12d no longer uses java, must've been a tough ground up rewrite to keep all of the features!
i get that your implementation is nice, but if users can edit things like tags or collisions, then u have to force all users to download any edits/modifications to the original file, for mp to work properly.
Edited by greg079 on Dec 4, 2013 at 09:16 PM
Edited by greg079 on Dec 4, 2013 at 09:16 PM

Are you sure you know what he meant by OpenGL and Java?

Quote: --- Original message by: Not Inferno

Quote: --- Original message by: TheChunkierBean
That is.... pretty awesome. What did use for it and what scripting language is it written in?

It's a custom engine written in Java.
I use LWJGL, OpenGL, and Bullet3D.
Edited by Not Inferno on Dec 4, 2013 at 07:40 PM

Edited by ViciousWhiskers on Dec 4, 2013 at 09:53 PM

Glad to see this project still up and running. Can't wait for more progress.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bastian27starscream's Halo 4 weapon skins Nov 27, 2013 12:28 AM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit
Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit
sense there was no camo skin I de sided to make for for fun if anyone wants to use it...

default normal and mulli maps should work fine with it...

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/0d56/ate6bkhrso8rb1z6g.jpg

even fixed the bullet...

full hd link...
http://www.mediafire.com/view/ate6bkhrso8rb1z/storm_assault_rifle_xcamel_dif2f.tif

wow
such threadjack
wow
bad man
go away
I think I was here first. Why don't you go away instead!

I don't believe that you're from 2005. Please leave.

Halo CE General Discussion » Well, this was a pleasant surprise. Nov 15, 2013 02:05 PM (Total replies: 41)

hi

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom Vehicles in Bloodgulch (Errors) Sep 21, 2009 05:08 PM (Total replies: 19)

Edited by ViciousWhiskers on Aug 7, 2013 at 07:23 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien problem Aug 6, 2009 09:06 AM (Total replies: 4)

Edited by ViciousWhiskers on Aug 7, 2013 at 07:23 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 problems Jul 11, 2009 03:29 PM (Total replies: 7)

Edited by ViciousWhiskers on Aug 7, 2013 at 07:24 PM

Edited by ViciousWhiskers on Nov 15, 2013 at 02:05 PM

Edited by ViciousWhiskers on Nov 15, 2013 at 02:05 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » sapien problems Jul 5, 2009 09:25 PM (Total replies: 16)

Edited by ViciousWhiskers on Aug 7, 2013 at 07:21 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » sapien problems Jul 1, 2009 08:55 PM (Total replies: 16)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » .WAV To .Sound Jul 1, 2009 01:06 PM (Total replies: 2)

Edited by ViciousWhiskers on Aug 7, 2013 at 07:22 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » sapien problems Jul 1, 2009 12:49 PM (Total replies: 16)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Could Someone Help me rig FP hands/arms? Jun 29, 2009 07:22 PM (Total replies: 2)

Edited by ViciousWhiskers on Aug 6, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Editing weapons, actors etc... Jun 29, 2009 07:21 PM (Total replies: 29)

Edited by ViciousWhiskers on Aug 7, 2013 at 07:19 PM

Time: Fri November 15, 2019 6:30 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website