A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Warfreak
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 13, 2008 08:55 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo CE, Battlefield 2 & 2142, Battlezone 2
Modder in progress
Email: {hidden}
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
Warfreak has contributed to 20 posts out of 470491 total posts (0.00%) in 2,311 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Will this site host map PACKS? Jan 13, 2008 08:55 PM (Total replies: 6)

hmmm. FAQ, I see............ well, sry on that one.........
K, so either way the maps in the pack will be hosted. K, thanks.

(by the way, the maps are 2 COMPLETELY new ones and a remake of my first map)

Halo CE General Discussion » Will this site host map PACKS? Jan 13, 2008 03:49 PM (Total replies: 6)

I want to know because i have some maps that are VERY small (in file size) that i have put into one .zip to make transfer easier.................

They are beta maps, with nothing special to them................

Thnxs.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiplayer .scenario files Jan 5, 2008 03:13 PM (Total replies: 3)

I've had HEK and Halo CE for about a month now and have made 4 maps.

You get better with every one you make from scratch. Like i've made my maps in a way i dont get any tool errors anymore. of course the ycould use a little work texture-wise.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » About material editor and sapien... Jan 2, 2008 10:26 AM (Total replies: 10)

Just the info i was looking for, Thanks Guys

Oh, btw, xXDRAGONXx, yes, you need to set up bitmaps and shaders for senery as well.

Maybe a tutorial on how to make a detailed map using a heightmap?

If you know a better way to make a map using the displace function, i really want to see it, may help me fix my method.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Am i doing something wrong? Dec 28, 2007 01:46 PM (Total replies: 4)

GHAA.......... I dont know what in the world im doing wrong but the texture STILL wont work right................... Ill be hosting all my stuff on filefront, if anyone wants to mess with it go ahead..... maybe you will find the problem.

http://dodownload.filefront.com/9351754//0ca701313a41a284c92d4be21efa82da997bf1fbc88fe2028c9103a9f3f52bd4dee7976ea671e65d

Edited by Warfreak on Dec 30, 2007 at 12:45 PM

*btw, if you plan to use the tags and such INSTEAD of find a way to fix things.................. im the only one who knows EXACTLY how the map will look......EVERYTHING in that folder is submit to change when I finally find how to get those textures to work.
Edited by Warfreak on Dec 30, 2007 at 12:47 PM
Edited by Warfreak on Dec 30, 2007 at 12:47 PM

How to properly set up a texture for scenery and terrain in 3ds Max 7.

I've been going by the HEK tutorial (only one I found to even mention the way to name textures and set them) and my textures dont show ingame...................
Also, alot of the texturing tutorials that were on the wiki I cant find elsewhere.....................

so, yeah, correct naming of textures and how to get them to show ingame.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Am i doing something wrong? Dec 28, 2007 01:06 PM (Total replies: 4)

about shaders, how should I set them up?

If anyone wants to see the bitmaps for themselves ill ahve it up on my filefront in a minute.

{edit} alright, here is link http://dodownload.filefront.com/9340667//0ca701313a41a284c92d4be21efa82da997bf1fbc88fe2028c9103a9f3f52bd4dee7976ea671e65d
Edited by Warfreak on Dec 28, 2007 at 01:12 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Am i doing something wrong? Dec 28, 2007 12:27 PM (Total replies: 4)

everytime i make a custom model with custom textures, the textures never show up ingame, even after ive converted the textures correctly.

Am i doing something wrong?

(note: when place into another game I mod for, the models work perfectly texture-wise
even though the textuing is set up tio work for Halo CE)

Crap, added the portals, fixed them up to work, but ended up getting the error that I
started with.

"Couldnt allocate cluster."

Any other ideas?

{edit} jsut a thought, but if my map were too small to fit the Chief ingame, would that cause the problem above? Just asking as It hink I forgot to resize the map.
Edited by Warfreak on Dec 27, 2007 at 10:56 AM

{edit#2} Wow, answered my own question, resized the map and now it exports perfectly.
Edited by Warfreak on Dec 28, 2007 at 11:48 AM

I know what coplanar surfaces are, but since the ywerent such a problem to halt the process ther and then, there is no way the ycan be source of prob.

So, add terrain portals you say. k.

{edit}
C:\Program Files\Halo-CE>tool structure levels\bz-mod\bz2-dunes bz2-dunes
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
building intermediate geometry...
building collision geometry...
reducing collision geometry...
building collision bsp...
### WARNING found nearly coplanar surfaces (red and green).
reducing collision bsp...
verifying collision geometry...
verifying collision bsp...
building portals...
EAX: 0xFFFFFFFE
EBX: 0x03A72001
ECX: 0x0012F2A8
EDX: 0x000002CC
EDI: 0x0012F2A8
ESI: 0x00000000
EBP: 0x0012F180
ESP: 0x0012F170
EIP: 0x773A0F34, C3 8D A4 24 ?????
EXCEPTION halt in .\import_structures\build_portals.c,#616: plane_index!=bsp->pl
anes.count

THis happened after I set the portals up "correctly"............
C:\Program Files\Halo-CE>
Edited by Warfreak on Dec 26, 2007 at 10:12 PM

I ogt a very strange error after trying to create the senaroi tag for my BZ2-dunes map.

C:\Program Files\Halo-CE>tool structure levels\bz-mod\bz2-dunes bz2-dunes
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
building intermediate geometry...
building collision geometry...
reducing collision geometry...
building collision bsp...
### WARNING found nearly coplanar surfaces (red and green).
reducing collision bsp...
verifying collision geometry...
verifying collision bsp...
building portals...
couldn't allocate cluster.

Its very last line that I cant understand what happened. Any ideas?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help Needed Dec 23, 2007 03:10 PM (Total replies: 11)

http://ghost.halomaps.org/bluestreak

It was a couple posts up. That should be all.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help Needed Dec 23, 2007 02:36 PM (Total replies: 11)

Bluestreak consists of the 3 things that will help you to mod halo if you are using gmax.

1. the GBXMODEL importer allows yo uto import existing model tags to use as reference

2. the JMS exporter allows yo uto export the needed .jms format so that tool can convert it to a tag.

3. the Animation inporter allows you to import existing animation tags for reference.

you need the 2nd thing in order to actually make models for Halo CE

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help Needed Dec 23, 2007 02:33 PM (Total replies: 11)

and i found the link to it, its the Jms exporter for gmax, it runs slow, but it will export your models from gmax.

http://ghost.halomaps.org/bluestreak/jms/JMS_Exporter_v1-0-1.ms

Heres the bluestreak webpage if you want to look at that aswell.

http://ghost.halomaps.org/bluestreak

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help Needed Dec 23, 2007 02:25 PM (Total replies: 11)

As far as I know, I think the trial can't use plugins.

Heres a link to the Gmax installer, its your best bet.

http://files.turbosquid.com/Products/L567271/XFM83W83US/gmax12.exe

I,m feeling nice today, so im gonna try to find the plugin you need for gmax as well.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » One more problem too frustrate me!!! Dec 23, 2007 02:16 PM (Total replies: 2)

Sapien happens to do that to me with my own map when the tags are either missing or corrupted (due to my own fiddling in guerilla).

If none of those apply, then I sadly cannot help you.......................... sry.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help Needed Dec 23, 2007 02:07 PM (Total replies: 11)

I believe there is a way to use Gmax, but you would need to find the exporter (I think its somewhere around here)

I use 3ds Max 7 and it works quite well, however I had to buy mine when it was around.

3ds Max isn't free, so go with my advice and install Gmax and hopefully someone will post a link to the exporter for it.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sry about this......................... Dec 23, 2007 11:59 AM (Total replies: 0)

I ran into a probelm while putting together my vehicle.

I used one of the tutorials I found earlier, based my vehicel off of the banshee, and when I place it in sapien, sapien crashes.

Help?
Edited by Warfreak on Dec 23, 2007 at 03:31 PM

Time: Sun April 20, 2014 11:55 AM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website