A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: wanger
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 10, 2008 11:02 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Life, deal with it
AIM:
MSN IM: sportchild@hotm
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
wanger has contributed to 63 posts out of 479430 total posts (.01%) in 2,410 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » H3MT Gameplay Trailer Aug 6, 2008 08:30 PM (Total replies: 206)

Quote: --- Original message by: Joshflighter
Quote: --- Original message by: Dhark
mc's visor cubemap sucks, mostly the colour, the biped and its colours isnt very good either, the sounds need some work too, like the sniper sound 'lags'

You have just said the dumbest thing ever. Please wait till you play the map to know what you are talking about.

But by that time, it will have already been released and you would have moved onto other things. This is the only time he can comment and perhaps have it taken into consideration. To add to it...the 3rd person mauler sounds didn't sync...(in the video obviously)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Anyone need a 3D modeler? Jun 24, 2008 12:29 PM (Total replies: 36)

Quote: --- Original message by: kenney001
because people complain when selentic comes and posts the truth....

Not sure if it's the complaining about the truth part, it's the attitude part, or the rudeness.

If someone did in fact post something that you see multiple errors, too many to list, why not tell them 1 error that may be in a lot of places and then just give them some good advice. Tell them to spend a bit more time on the model again before posting another screen shot instead of this just sucks. Sure it might, but that doesn't help at all, so why bring that attitude. Or even better, DON"T POST ANYTHING. As people have stated over and over, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. It's better than putting someone down especially since they are doing all this for fun anyway. Just my two cents.

Edit: You guys probably scared this guy away too...
Edited by wanger on Jun 24, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Anyone need a 3D modeler? Jun 23, 2008 02:58 PM (Total replies: 36)

Quote: --- Original message by: selentic

Freedom of expression baby.

Learn your rights and freedoms a bit better before you say anything please. People have stated what you stated over and over and it's just a pain. You have the freedom of expression as long as you aren't infringing another persons rights, such as an attack or swearing at a person.

As well like DarkZealot said, you are in the "domain" of Dennis, therefore you must abide by his rules, and so your freedoms only extend to a point. Similarly to how you must abide by school rules when you are within the building.
Edited by wanger on Jun 23, 2008 at 03:00 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Anyone need a 3D modeler? Jun 22, 2008 07:05 PM (Total replies: 36)

Quote: --- Original message by: wanger
pics or stfu?

That's a very rude way of saying it however. If you are swearing at him, why shouldn't he take offense or is the f in stfu not considered a swear anymore.
Edited by wanger on Jun 22, 2008 at 01:39 PM

lololololololol

Welcome to internet

Just because your on the internet does not give you the right to behave irrationally, arrogantly and with an ego. And you wonder why your account is on probation. You'd think you would have learned something from that. Guess not.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Anyone need a 3D modeler? Jun 22, 2008 01:34 PM (Total replies: 36)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tre Battle
well i just got 3ds max 9 back so im looking to do some 3d modeling im a pretty experienced modeler but since i just got the program i dont have a portfolio yet but im willing to do any 3d modeling i guess just reply here

Would you be willing to model this? Just ignore the Trees, shield doors, and where it says doors, just like open so you can walk in, more like entrances. Also the underground passage leads into the base somewhat like beaver creek style. Ignore the flag areas cause thats where flags go. The stairs lead onto the gate/wall as well as the elevated area. And yes this does look very similar to highground and it is based off it, with some changes.

If you can make this that would be awesome, and it doesn't have to be super amazing either, please add wanger34 on xfire if you have it. All I ask for is the bsp model, as a max file. You don't have to worry about the rest although if you can texture it, I wouldn't object.

Thanks,
Wanger

pics or stfu?

That's a very rude way of saying it however. If you are swearing at him, why shouldn't he take offense or is the f in stfu not considered a swear anymore.
Edited by wanger on Jun 22, 2008 at 01:39 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » H2T-Official Topic Jun 16, 2008 10:44 PM (Total replies: 113)

Quote: --- Original message by: SPARTAN04
I have ripped Ivory tower ready to go ingame(i think). except entity didnt rip half of the props so if you want to complete it. send me a message on xfire: laxattck74

Its like 80% done.

So was midship ripped? No one really answered my question. Actually new one now. Are all your bsps ripped?

Halo CE General Discussion » H2T-Official Topic Jun 15, 2008 07:03 PM (Total replies: 113)

He said it was for H3MT, therefore, Snowbound :)

Also, for midship, where is Mr. Middle Platform??? And just wondering, is that model ripped???

Edit: because you did say to some extent...and I can't really understand why else the middle platform isn't there. Just wondering is all. Not really that I care much either.
Edited by wanger on Jun 15, 2008 at 07:04 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » New style of play Jun 12, 2008 03:17 PM (Total replies: 19)

Why not just make the wall have multiple "entry" points so that if you don't like you're position, you press E to get off the wall and E again to get on somewhere else?

Halo CE General Discussion » Ya know what? Mar 5, 2008 05:24 PM (Total replies: 46)

I applaud you for this man. Not many people would do this. And what you are saying is true, we should all encourage the "noob" to keep modeling. As well, the "noob" could also practice a bit more until they get good and have something to show. The only problem I have with them is the release of box maps and first maps that really aren't fun or anything.

Guys, you are just making Dennis pay more I'm pretty sure, so although this is discouraging, as Conscars says, "Don't release your first maps" or something.

Halo CE General Discussion » Quest for rigging powa! Feb 4, 2008 05:10 PM (Total replies: 1231)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Quote: --- Original message by: wanger
send me the files on AIM doan.

This will make me sound like a noob yes but, is Masters taking the Biped, making it look better and then putting it into SPv2?

What part of Custom don't you understand?

What's c..c...us...t....t.om. Lol yea sorry, I must have had a memory lapse and forgot the biped was ripped. My bad.

And btw gamegodlazy. I was the one who posted a they are called Custom Mapping Team so need to get on me for that. Like I said, memory lapse.
Edited by wanger on Feb 4, 2008 at 05:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » H.3.M Feb 3, 2008 04:58 PM (Total replies: 336)

I would recommend taking more time on your maps. Considering when you started to model and the time now, it just doesn't make sense to release that first map. It looks like it should be at initial alpha stage. There is nothing to prove by releasing a map fast. Also, it's hard to believe that you will have the map by the end of the week especially when the weapons you say are in the map are shown with concept art.

So just take your time man is all I can say.

Halo CE General Discussion » Quest for rigging powa! Feb 2, 2008 11:01 PM (Total replies: 1231)

send me the files on AIM doan.

This will make me sound like a noob yes but, is Masters taking the Biped, making it look better and then putting it into SPv2?

Halo CE General Discussion » YoyoV2 : Little Work in Progress + 2 pics Jan 24, 2008 08:13 PM (Total replies: 262)

Wow kid....just stop being so immature man. It won't get you anywhere in life except into a box or mental institution.

Anyway ontopic: The island idea would be cool, but if it was part of the bsp, wouldn't like some people have like "GET ON THE ISLAND" servers?

I can't wait for this. Yoyorast was such an awesome race map!

Tres bien monsieur Yoyorast. My french has gotten worse since I stopped taking it.

Edit: lol i posted basically at the same time as corndogman.

@Joshfighter: He could just change his ip with one of those ip changers.
Edited by wanger on Jan 24, 2008 at 08:13 PM
Edited by wanger on Jan 24, 2008 at 08:15 PM
Edited by wanger on Jan 24, 2008 at 08:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » HEADLONG PB2 RELEASE Jan 6, 2008 06:25 PM (Total replies: 52)

I don't know if anyone noticed but there's a turret on the top of the map. Sorry if this was already posted. I'll post a screen I guess:

Halo CE General Discussion » need some ideas Jan 6, 2008 06:12 PM (Total replies: 41)

Sorry yea, obviously you guys are the map makers, and if you want to ignore the map, go for it.

As for highground CTF on Halo, true it would be very hard. Btw, that wasn't highground, just inspired lol. Dennis's map would probably have better gameplay anyway, he knows this stuff.
I don't even know what choke points are lol.

Like I said before, the best way is to go out, buy a USB Key and transfer your maps from your old computer to the new one. If you want new maps, download them with your old computer and transfer them.

Donut: How can he be stealing if his other two computers work??? LOL!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » known program to... Jan 6, 2008 03:15 PM (Total replies: 22)

Gamecam does. Its free. Not as good quality as fraps. You can't use it at the same time as xfire. No sound recording either. And theres always the gamecam water mark on the bottom right. It isn't bad though.
Edited by wanger on Jan 6, 2008 at 03:15 PM

I'm pretty sure I said:

I think teamspeak costs money if you want to host your own server. I'm not sure though. If you need help with it, I'm sure there's a guide or FAQ on their website.

Well if the FAQ didn't help, we might be able to, but please be nicer. Seriously though, the best thing to do would to just go and buy a small USB key. 250MB is like 1$ now or something.

t eamsp k cst mny i thnk t hst srvr. s u cnt wth ur own. thr prbbly a hlp sction on ste s u nkw g thr.

haha try to read that. seriously, your spelling has gotten better but not everyone knows abbreviations and stuff. Oh and by the way, if you can read what I said, it should help you. If you can't, I'll type it out again with real words.

Time: Fri August 1, 2014 7:48 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website