A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ImpulsiveZ
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 13, 2008 06:46 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play: Halo CE v[1.0] - Username : [KO] Z - Server : Kings Of Obliteration Server
"Thy pistol shall pwn noobs!"
Email: {hidden}
AIM: ImpulsiveZ1187
MSN IM: ImpulsiveZ1187
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
ImpulsiveZ has contributed to 7 posts out of 470302 total posts (0.00%) in 2,308 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Creating custom vehicle spawn points Jan 13, 2008 06:46 AM (Total replies: 0)

Ok, start a started a map and finally got custom vechiles on it. Now the script i use cause vehciles to respawn, but when they do, all of the vechiles flip if they stay in thier spawn position! Any help? This is my script

(
script continuous spawn_vehicle
(sleep 180)
(object_create_anew lambo1)
(sleep 180)
(object_create_anew laagturret1)
(sleep 180)
(object_create_anew rocketturret1)
(sleep 180)
(object_create_anew assaultturret1)
(sleep 180)
(object_create_anew banshee1)
)

This is my script i tried before, but it does not respawn vechiles

(
script startup objectspawn
(object_create_anew lambo1)
(object_create_anew laagturret1)
(object_create_anew rocketturret1)
(object_create_anew assaultturret1)
(object_create_anew banshee1)
)

Any help?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » exporting jms in 3ds max 2008 Jan 12, 2008 08:28 PM (Total replies: 5)

lol i got 3ds max 2008 and thought it was 9 while i was using it for abit :P. but ya, get bluestreak jms exporter, i use it, it works well.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Exporting Map via gmax 1.2 problem Jan 7, 2008 08:34 PM (Total replies: 3)

i check and i don't have any materials appleid to frame a frame :S. gmax tells me after trying to export w/ jms exporter 1.0.1

"-- Unknown properety: "name" in undefined"
Edited by ImpulsiveZ on Jan 7, 2008 at 10:14 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Exporting Map via gmax 1.2 problem Jan 7, 2008 12:15 AM (Total replies: 3)

I just finish reading "Creation of a level Part 1" from the HEK, and surprised that nearly all of the tutorial infomation for 3d max 5 goes w/ gmax 1.2. Now, finishing creation of a level part 1, i'm excited to export my first map. But 1 problem stops me from doing that. When I run my Bluestreak JMS Exporter v1.0.1, and export the jms data, it gives me this info:

frame
0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0
0.0 1800.0 0.0
example_tutorial_ground
<none>
+sky
<none>
-- Error occurred in m loop
-- Frame:
-- m: 3

and it doesn't export. Someone please help :(.

*EDIT*

I also tried select all the objects in my scene, the "level" and "frame" (reference frame) and then exporting but then i get this

frame
0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0
0.0 1800.0 0.0
example_tutorial_ground
<none>
+sky
<none>
-- Error occurred in m loop
-- Frame:
-- m: 3
-- called in go_button()
-- Frame:
-- c: undefined
-- output_name: undefined
-- jms: <WindowStream>
-- deletedName: " "
-- V: 36
-- numverts: undefined
-- objectsInScene: 2
-- end1: undefined
-- start1: 1012247
-- mat_count: 3
-- marker_count: undefined
-- node_count: 1
-- all_valid_nodes: true
-- totalCount: undefined

it seems to work better..i think, but still can't get export. help :(.
Edited by ImpulsiveZ on Jan 7, 2008 at 12:19 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » sketchup models Jan 1, 2008 03:08 AM (Total replies: 4)

you need google sketchup pro to export as 3Ds, and if you make a model in google sketchup and put it in gmax u may still need to do some editing. 3Ds Max is your best bet on map making for halo ce.

See this topic

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=14342

I see... :(. Well 3DS Max looks like it worth spending time learning how to use...if only i could get it...Thx everyone for the help. Will i be able to use the lastest 3DS Max (3D Studio 2008 i belive it is) to create halo maps or will i need a older version?
Edited by ImpulsiveZ on Dec 29, 2007 at 01:12 PM

Ok, to start off i've took a shot at making a map for halo with gmax, which failed before. Today I'm back to try again, but in the process, found another 3D modeling program that is possible to use, and if is possible, will become one of the most simplest map making program for halo ce.

Some of you may know of this program called "Google SketchUp". I am inserested in getting this program to make halo maps, as it only took me minutes of messing around with it to learn how to create a 3D enviroment, seriously, its probably the easiest 3D modeling tool in the world at the moment. You may hear that alot about 3D programs, but it wouldn't hurt to give it a go.

Now I'm not sure about how making a map works yet, but i do know that you can use 3DsMax (which i would want to use but is very expensive) and gmax (A pain-in-the-arse program to use). Now, if i'm not mistaken, 3DsMax can export .3DS file formats that is converted through one of the HEK tools, correct? And if I am right, then I may have discover and new map editor.

Google Sktechup allows you to export .kmz file formats in the free version (pro can export .3ds and a bunch of other 3d formats). But, since many users may not want to spent $500 on google sktechup pro to make maps for a old game, there is a alternative i found while doing some research.

There is another 3d program, called "Flux Studio 2.1", which can import .kmz (google sketchup 3d file format or also known as google earth formats, and export then as .3DS!). This program is also free, and seems to work very well. Now if I had a little more knowledge on halo map editing which i'm now learning how to do, i would know if this is a plus or just a waste of time...

Well..in short terms, google sketchup to create your map (.kmz file), Flux Studio 2.1 to convert (.kmz to .3ds), and HEK tool to convert to halo map, or import (.3ds) file into gmax for a different type of export w/ BlueStreak gmax exporter? I'm testing this right now and will post with an update.

If this does work, then this may become the easiest and most affordable (free lol), way to make a halo map..

*Update*
Well the conversion from google sktechup to gmax seems to work. I've took one of my premade goolge sketchup projects which i've used google sketchup (free) to make, export the project as a .kmz file, imported it into flux studio 2.1, exported it as 3D Studio (3DS FIle), imported it into gmax, and now i'm stuck on exporting it as .jms with bluestreak, probably because i don't know what to do that that point, i'll start learning how to make maps and see if i can get this to work.
Edited by ImpulsiveZ on Dec 29, 2007 at 04:14 AM

Time: Wed April 23, 2014 7:17 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website