A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: goyanks135
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 08:54 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
goyanks135 has contributed to 290 posts out of 467787 total posts (.06%) in 4,779 days (.06 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Is My Saipien Broken? Sep 29, 2009 08:54 PM (Total replies: 4)

post the last paragraph of your debug.txt. It is located in your halo ce directory.

Most likely it is because your computer is multicored, which causes problems in sapien. To fix this, right click on sapien.exe and click on properties. Under compatibility click on run in compatibility mode for either windows 95 or windows 98. Also select run program as administrator. Click apply.

-As a side note: wait a couple minutes when opening sapien. It will cause the exe to become unresponsive til the scenario is fully loaded.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » teleporter route for WIP Sep 27, 2009 08:49 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: sleepy1212
also, with maps like this (putput for example too) does each part have to be connected or can i just link them all to the frame?Edited by sleepy1212 on Sep 27, 2009 at 08:03 PM

If by connected, you mean attacted as one object under max, then it does not matter which you do.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo CE 1.0 Dedicated "Invalid CD-Key" Sep 20, 2009 12:37 PM (Total replies: 8)

@OP:
Here is a vid I made how to fix the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUe-Ebe8dWU&feature=related
Edited by goyanks135 on Sep 27, 2009 at 03:59 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool can't find my map Sep 19, 2009 04:06 PM (Total replies: 5)

tool build-cache-file levels\test\fragpro\spthing

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » My Blitzkreig isn't working. Sep 15, 2009 08:38 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: frogtamer101
By max.exe do you mean the folder where 3dsmax is as in 3dsmax.exe?

Yes.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Radiosity won't save Sep 13, 2009 06:13 PM (Total replies: 10)

Just run radiosity through tool then. The command is:
tool lightmaps <scenario> <bsp index> < quality> <stop threashold> 

Edited by goyanks135 on Sep 13, 2009 at 06:14 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » helpppppp Sep 13, 2009 06:09 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: chrisk123999
If you don't know what your talking about, don't post.

QFT

Use CMD not tool++. And it should should say a bunch of other stuff when it builds the map file.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » My Blitzkreig isn't working. Sep 13, 2009 06:05 PM (Total replies: 4)

Make sure you have the blitzkrieg for max 8. Put the .dle in your plugins folder. Then put the 4 .dll files in the folder of your max.exe if you have vista. If you have xp, it should work by putting them in the system 32 folder, if not, just put them in the same folder as the max.exe.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Looking for a known file Sep 12, 2009 08:50 PM (Total replies: 6)

the last item in the list after you take the provided link.

Quote: --- Original message by: Silent STRKR
^^This^^

To fix it you just put a sound into the backround sounds pallette in sapien.

And just as a hint, people here don't usually like all caps, larger, colored text, and too many '!' in the topic title

FTFY

What operating system are you on? Do you have a multicored processor?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Please help me!! Please Im New!! Sep 9, 2009 07:48 PM (Total replies: 18)

Put the blitzkrieg.dle in your plugins folder. Then put the 4 .dlls in to the same folder of your max.exe.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lighting in HCE Sep 7, 2009 09:58 PM (Total replies: 1)

The shader tag, its right at the top, you can't miss it.
Edited by goyanks135 on Sep 7, 2009 at 09:59 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can Gmax be used to make Halo2 maps? Sep 3, 2009 10:14 AM (Total replies: 4)

If anyone has written a maxscript that can export to a .ass then yes. But I do not believe anyone has done so.

^^ correct answer
Edited by goyanks135 on Sep 4, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: SlayersBane
along with putting the .dll files in the system 32 folder,

If you have vista, put the .dll files in the folder of the .exe. (for other programs, not blitzkrieg, it still shouldn't work)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Quick (g)max question Aug 30, 2009 09:21 PM (Total replies: 3)

Ya that worked thanks. Spacebar is the hot key for "selection lock toggle". Did the trick .

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
turn off UAC, but that leaves your computer open to malware and other types of bad stuff.

Only if you download virus and other infectious programs as your hobby. Any decent antivirus protection is good enough. Did they improve the UAC in 7? I turned it off because I didn't feel like getting asked for approval every time I wanted to move a file to a different folder.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Quick (g)max question Aug 30, 2009 07:39 PM (Total replies: 3)

I guess I pressed a couple buttons and ended up restricting movement to an axis (you can choose which axis on the toolbar on the top). My question is how do you unrestrict movement to an axis so you can select which axis you want to move what ever with in the viewport?

-Reinstall didn't work so don't suggest that.
Edited by goyanks135 on Aug 30, 2009 at 07:46 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Nebulon
I am using a Vista computer, but I have a problem: the middle mouse button won't make the camera activate to move it around in sapien. How can this be resolved?

Check that the middle mouse buttons runs properly in other programs.

I had this problem too, if you have any programs that controll the mouse, in my case "Mouse Suite 98", it can sometimes change the middle button to not have the middle button function.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool *collision-geometry* Aug 26, 2009 01:25 PM (Total replies: 5)

From the HEK tutorial:
"This is typically caused by faces or surfaces that are duplicated or shared between objects.

The faces have shared vertices and\or faces. The objects should either be separated or merged.

A good example would be 2 identical cubes that have been moved together such that they each share one side. The cubes should either be moved apart, or merged together which would include the removal of any duplicate or illegal faces."

Time: Thu December 13, 2018 2:09 PM 453 ms.
A Halo Maps Website