A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Da Moose
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 1, 2010 11:39 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 15
What Games do you play: Halo CE, 2 and 3, Turok, Guitar hero 3, and Sonic, Fable 2, Gears 2
"We've got the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch"

Post Statistics
Da Moose has contributed to 95 posts out of 469347 total posts (.02%) in 4,279 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I'm fairly certain I remember reading in one of the books that the armor already has magnets in it, at least in the boots, so that Spartans can walk on the outside of ships in zero gravity.

Halo CE General Discussion » I think i have a theroy... (monitor) Oct 16, 2010 02:56 PM (Total replies: 12)

There is nothing wrong with the monitors collision. In the biped tag, under $$$ biped $$$, there is a box you can check that says "passes through other bipeds". Its there so that players, or other bipeds, can not interrupt the monitors movement.

Also, the only tag I've ever released is a destroyable monitor. It in the biped section. The tag has a red and blue monitor, plus I think there is one that goes from blue to red after he is damaged. Its not perfect because I don't really have the time to tag anymore, so I figured I would release it so it doesn't go to waste.

Halo CE General Discussion » Collision Model command Sep 23, 2010 07:19 PM (Total replies: 17)

For a collision model for an object (not BSP) put your collision model, which is often just a copy of your model's .jms file., into your "physics" folder. So it should be something like this: weapons/assault_rifle/physics/yourmodelgoesinthephysicsfolder.jms

Then the tool command is this: tool collision-geometry weapons\assault_rifle

You don't type in the name of the physics folder, just the path to it.

Hope that helped for collision.

As for BSP, isn't a BSP its own collision?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Biped won't move Aug 21, 2010 02:23 PM (Total replies: 14)

If its the animations, then try this:

first open your animations, and go to the "units" drop down box, drop it down and click stand.

Then go to the "animations" drop down box, and drop it down and select move front/back/left/right (depending on the animations). Then make sure you select your "move" animation to match the one in the drop down box. You might have to change the "move" animation in every for every weapon header, I'm not sure on that though.

Open up the .vehicle tag, and you should see the place to put the animations right at the top under the .model.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 Brute Chopper, help needed! Jul 10, 2010 01:58 PM (Total replies: 86)

Have you tried making a ~blur permutation for the wheels? Its not terribly difficult if you know how to do regions, try checking the warthogs tires or chain gun for reference.

Halo CE General Discussion » what does this scripting error mean? Jul 9, 2010 10:07 PM (Total replies: 3)

I thing you need parentheses not brackets. But it looks like you have 3 open but only 2 to close it off.

See:
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
07.09.10 19:19:06 [turftest line 1] i expected a script or variable definition.: {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier New;}}

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 1 CE Exception Error! May 6, 2010 05:18 PM (Total replies: 3)

If by any chance you added grenades to the starting weapons section, take them out.

Halo CE General Discussion » HELP May 6, 2010 03:01 PM (Total replies: 3)

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5196
Use this to export. Also remember to type ".jms" at the end of your file name.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Script extractions Nov 28, 2009 08:46 PM (Total replies: 1)

I recently had to reinstall my operating system, because of a slow computer and finally the blue screen of death. I managed to save a few things, even one map I was working on, which helped me save a lot of my custom tags, since I could just extract them. But the map I was doing is single player and had a lot of scripting, and I didn't manage to save the scripts. So, I was wondering is there any way I could extract them?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HUD questions Aug 20, 2009 10:54 AM (Total replies: 6)

Then make sure both of them are in the same position on there actual bitmap. Before you compile, make sure they line up pixle for pixle. Then give them the same anchor points and they should line up ingame.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HUD questions Aug 20, 2009 09:58 AM (Total replies: 6)

For the first thing, try giving your shield meter and the shield background the same anchor points.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3p melee animation help. Aug 17, 2009 11:06 PM (Total replies: 2)

Under weapon types? I add them there already.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3p melee animation help. Aug 17, 2009 10:15 PM (Total replies: 2)

I made melee animations for the marines. I add them into the marine's animations with the animation editor, and I set them up in the animation tag under Stand, in the units section. I gave the marines my animations, put them in my map & compiled. I used bump possession to test them out, but the animation wont play.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

I could be wrong, but I think you have to give it a modifier shader, in the biped tag, to make the shield appear. Just give it the elites shader.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » i can't find my reticle..... Aug 13, 2009 06:35 PM (Total replies: 10)

You don't have to make reticles sprites. Make it a power of two bitmap, no blue border or anything, then compile it. When you change the bitmap in the weapon hud interface tag, under the crosshair overlay section, check the flag "not a sprite".

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Spirit command list drop-offs Aug 2, 2009 01:40 PM (Total replies: 2)

No, I didn't. How do I do that?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Spirit command list drop-offs Aug 2, 2009 12:27 PM (Total replies: 2)

I've been trying to make my drop ship follow a command list, and drop of troops. It's a custom spirit, so it has a driver seat. I'm not sure if it's just my script or what. Here is my script, its not finished yet because I can get the command list to work.

(script startup spirit-drop-1
(sleep_until (= (ai_living_count other-starters) 0) 15)
(object_create_anew spirit)
(vehicle_hover spirit 1)
(object_create_anew spirit-a)
(object_create_anew spirit-b)
(ai_place spirit-ghost)
(ai_place driver)
(vehicle_load_magic spirit-a G-driver (ai_actors spirit-ghost/spirit-a))
(vehicle_load_magic spirit-b G-driver (ai_actors spirit-ghost/spirit-b))
(objects_attach spirit cargo_ghost01 spirit-a "")
(objects_attach spirit cargo_ghost03 spirit-b "")
(vehicle_load_magic spirit B-driver (ai_actors driver/elite))
(vehicle_load_magic spirit "passenger" (ai_actors spirit-ghost/elite))
(vehicle_load_magic spirit "passenger" (ai_actors spirit-ghost/grunts))
(vehicle_load_magic spirit "passenger" (ai_actors spirit-ghost/jacks))
(vehicle_hover spirit 0)
(ai_command_list driver spirit-1))

Any ideas whats wrong?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » center rotation animation question Jul 12, 2009 09:16 PM (Total replies: 2)

For this, a .jma should work fine

Halo CE General Discussion » Regions and stuff.. Jul 12, 2009 09:10 PM (Total replies: 5)

After you select the faces you want to be destroyed, enter the name in the box and hit enter. Don't detach the faces. Then you have to re-link the nodes back to the right pieces.

Export with the exporter Me_Ks said.

For the collision you have to make a face, or faces, on both sides under the region that breaks off. Its kinda hard to explain that part.

As a side note: If you convert back to an editable mesh, while in gmax or max, it removes the regions.

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 3:12 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website