A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: lordofblake
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 19, 2013 03:25 PM
Interests: Girls*
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: Too many.
Nice Tongue
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
lordofblake has contributed to 487 posts out of 469511 total posts (.10%) in 4,359 days (.11 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Singleplayer scenario tags Aug 19, 2013 03:25 PM (Total replies: 12)

When trying to open the scenario in Sapien, what does your debug.txt say?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Singleplayer scenario tags Aug 17, 2013 11:49 AM (Total replies: 12)

When actually extracting the tags, make sure you do a recursive extract. To really get a full tagset, recursively rip every tag of every default MP map as well as all tags from Renamon's SP maps. That should allow you to open every scenario you extract from those maps.

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

This tool has allowed me to do things no man should be able to do.

Seriously though, this patcher is like a gold mine for all applications developed before the "64-bit" era. Patching Halo tools seems to work very well, especially for big compiling operations such as lightmaps.

Note: I'm assuming you have a somewhat modern computer with 4gb or more of RAM...

Edited by lordofblake on Aug 16, 2013 at 09:29 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » issue reguarding fp animations. Aug 16, 2013 09:01 PM (Total replies: 3)

Your best bet is to dissect how weapon animations for other weapons work. (IE Assault Rifle) Try swapping out animations in default weapons before you go about creating/deleting them. Animations are particularly cryptic in the way they are arranged, so deleting or creating (additional) blocks can really mess a bunch of things up unless you have a firm understanding of what you are doing or a backup handy.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Singleplayer scenario tags Aug 16, 2013 08:50 PM (Total replies: 12)

It's like magic
Edited by lordofblake on Aug 16, 2013 at 08:51 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Modeling resources May 15, 2011 01:43 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: Daniel
You are a kind, contributive member SeL and I for one thank you for these tutorials.
It'd be a good idea to sticky this indeed, but that is for "Big D" to decide.

I have a "Big D"

Halo CE General Discussion » Female Biped? May 14, 2011 08:55 PM (Total replies: 99)

I might do it later. Probably not. But ifi do, ill let you know. Though youll probably have another one by then.

Halo CE General Discussion » Female Biped? May 14, 2011 08:44 PM (Total replies: 99)

I'm contemplating rigging cortana to mc's boneset. If i did that, youd have to retexture her.

Halo CE General Discussion » Female Biped? May 14, 2011 08:40 PM (Total replies: 99)

I would like to say that I fully support teaching people something they dont know. However, I do not like the idea of teaching someone every single little thing. I believe you should get help getting started, and then experiment on your own and ask questions based on your own experience. Another issue I have is people's just lack of an incentive to figure anything out on their own. Please people, just try your hardest to figure something out before you spam the forum asking for help.

Halo CE General Discussion » Female Biped? May 14, 2011 05:13 PM (Total replies: 99)

Not all the nice people...just about 97% of them...

Halo CE General Discussion » How to campaign? May 14, 2011 05:00 PM (Total replies: 19)

I would use jmw. animations for dropships. Everything else sucks frankly. Now just to be clear, a campaign would mean a series of maps. If you want just a single single player map (alliteration much), it would require, yes, massive amounts of scripting and some clever ai work.

Halo CE General Discussion » Female Biped? May 14, 2011 04:51 PM (Total replies: 99)

Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
Thats what were looking for some one who does.

I'm not one to be known to just pick something up and learn it, I have to be taught on most things. some people have that talent others don't

Let me be pretty frickin' honest on the halomaps.org community: Most people here are dicks. Now, if you can find the 5 people who can do something really well AND help new modders, then good for you. This, however, is vastly unlikely. So, whats the solution? Figure it out yourself. How do i rig something? Idk, lemme open MAX and make some boxes do something. What the hell is self radiosity? Open guriella and change it to see what happens.

As a brief synopsis, there is no bible to halo modding. Its all trial an error. If you can find someone to help you, awesome, but if you cant, too damn bad.

Im primarily a scripter, but can do virtually anything else aside from modeling. My xfire is lordofblake is you want to know something about something.

Halo CE General Discussion » Female Biped? May 13, 2011 08:33 PM (Total replies: 99)

Halomaps has always been the same: 5% can actually do something, while 95% either rip other people's stuff and make another $hitty bloodgulch mod or criticize other people like they actually know something

Halo CE General Discussion » First Person Cutscenes... May 13, 2011 05:07 PM (Total replies: 12)

Ha, Cereal discovered my secret method. I thought I was cool for 2 years because I was the only one who figured out how to du FP cutscenes. Nice job Cereal +rep for you.
Edited by lordofblake on May 13, 2011 at 05:07 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Tutorial] complete shader tutorial May 13, 2011 04:53 PM (Total replies: 77)

Awesome tutorial. Best contribution to the community in a long time. Great job and good luck on the remaining parts.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Scripting Cycles Feb 18, 2011 09:53 PM (Total replies: 5)

That script extractor makes things much more...easy. I miss when we actually had to develop our own scripting methods...

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo reach elite wip... Feb 3, 2011 03:21 PM (Total replies: 118)

Nice to see some quality models. Keep up the excellent work.

Quote: --- Original message by: rescue86k
First if its a cutscene don't bother filling the pelicans with passengers, its alot of work...

(Vehicle_load_magic <pelican name> "" (ai_actors marines))

Not that much work...
Edited by lordofblake on Dec 26, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Hey cytronix, your sorta new here so i wont bust your balls, but the search function (On the forums and Halo CE Maps section) is a very powerful tool. There are numerous tutorials on HUD creation. Here are some:

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1214

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2648

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2646

Search the forums as well. You'll find lots of good stuff in anything. Also, check out the tutorial section as well. http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1214
Edited by lordofblake on Oct 3, 2010 at 09:41 AM
Edited by lordofblake on Oct 3, 2010 at 09:44 AM
Edited by lordofblake on Oct 3, 2010 at 09:45 AM
Edited by lordofblake on Oct 3, 2010 at 09:46 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo Crash help Oct 2, 2010 08:31 PM (Total replies: 2)

Does it crash in-game or sapien?

What bipeds and vehicles do you have in your map? (Could be corrupt tags)

When was the last working version and what did you change since then?

What does your debug.txt file say? (Halo Custom Edition directory)

Time: Thu December 12, 2019 9:06 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website