A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SonicXtr3me
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 19, 2018 11:48 PM
Interests: Constantly remembering things that make me sad and nostalgic at the same time.
Your Age: Old
What Games do you play:
"Wake me when you need me"

Post Statistics
SonicXtr3me has contributed to 214 posts out of 469464 total posts (.05%) in 4,330 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
How did you manage the animations for the bipeds?

To address that, we made those, I had a little hand in it, but I had a few people work for me, a guy called Ghost who left the community years ago, The1 and another guy who was the most talented I have seen called Calico and my wife, we all dedicated our time to learning everything and then just animating things slowly, out of all of us, Calico was the most successful because he copied the keyframes for the official animations using QuickTime and then posing stuff based on paused footage he had.

Quote:
The Sonic Mapping Team created the animations & models. I've updated the .animations tags to be vehicle-compatible.

Included are a variety of chaos weapons intended for them since they all don't have proper animations for every single original halo weapon.

Feel free to lurk away, SonicXtr3me. If there are any assets you want to add in, let me know.
I remember there was a pink Amy and a few unreleased Robotnic mechs you all also created.
Edited by darknesssamurai on Dec 18, 2018 at 08:13 PM

I am actually glad all you have is from public maps because honestly, I thought I had a leak from more updated files that I still have here, I keep all my files, so I have stuff all the way back from 05 including text logs from MSN messenger from people like Masters and Kirby.

A true treasure trove of things I keep around for nostalgia.
Edited by SonicXtr3me on Dec 19, 2018 at 11:49 PM
Edited by SonicXtr3me on Dec 19, 2018 at 11:49 PM

I am just gonna continue lurking.
Edited by SonicXtr3me on Dec 18, 2018 at 10:45 AM

Interesting collection of assets, lots of modifications made by the looks of it, as most of these assets did not work.

Halo CE General Discussion » Metroid Online : Now with 99% more fish! :O Jul 6, 2009 04:53 PM (Total replies: 11)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q7eRP_sHX0

^ Maridia PV

lol i could type a paragraph of cool stuff about anyone now , problem is my hands are hurting from all the other typing XD

added all requesteds so far ^^

forgot to mention as with the other thread , i want to try and keep this open as long as i can so that everyone gets the general idea of how the community works , that and also i am open to editing the list of people / teams to insert more people depending on weather i have either forgotten to put them in by accident due to my memory being poor , or either the team being old enough to be concidered vet , and or also how much of an impact the team or person has had in the community.

Hello again everyone , i decided to do a follow up thread for those who remember my original thread detailing the workings of the "Higher ups" in the community , those who should be respected from an artistic point of view because of their hard work in the community , this went into detail about individuals and also mapping teams , but now i wanted to include a section from experiance about how vets view things in the community too so that everyone can understand better , this is from My point of view...

Golden Oldies : Members Section

These are the following people that among all the community deserve your respect , if your a newbie or just an average forum poster , you should atleast give respect to those who have come before you and created outstanding or otherwise unique work that has either changed CE completely , or has made people look at it at a completely new way.

NEW FEATURE : In addition to the old stuff i posted and am techincally just retyping anything i can remember about any members past , or projects i will post for anyones interest.

NOT everything will be noted , just everything i can remember

This list is never in any particular order because everyone is special in their own way.

The following people or teams are noted in detail for their efforts to change CE and how it has inturn reflected on the community or changed the community in someway.

Major CE Crowd

Masters & CMT : Has given CE alot of attention , and modded alot of the game so much that its now looking like a completely new game , everyone who has played CE in its recent years has atleast heard of CMT.

Backstory : Even though he is the Leader of the CMT , there was a time where masters was nothing more than a Leaker , this was amazingly years ago , masters has worked his way up the social chain that seperates noobs from vets , and as such became one of the most heard of people in CE.

Projects involved in: CMT , SPV1, SPV2 , Sonic GOTAW, GZH2 , H2CE

Nitro , Doublefire & H2CE : Consisting of Nitro as the leader , doublefire modeling and lighting doing textures , aswell as help from many other people , Nitro achived his goal of porting a playable none ripped version of Halo 2 to CE , which many still enjoy , their map NMC is concidered by many to be one of CEs best maps because of the balance and action it has , unlike its H2 varient which ironically is less played. Nitro worked for Hired Gun who ported H2V and Doublefire now works for Bungie , were he created some scenery pieces you see in H3 apon its release.

Backstory : H2CE had a few leaks but there is still one you can get your hands on , a alpha of NMC called "Whenhootersfly" , when it was leaked almost everyone had it , just to see how Nitro and the team where pulling off some of the amazing stuff they where doing at the time.

Projects involved in: H2CE , GZH2

Kornman00 : Korns been doing stuff to CE since almost the beginning , helping out with bitterbananas various projects , Korn has been trying everything to h4x CE , helping out with Yelo , Open sauce , and alot of other various projects , Korn has had a major imput into developing CE from a technical standpoint.

Projects involved in: : Yelo , Promethus , FlyCam , Open Sauce

Jahrain : Never has someone rocked the community with the notion of open source before , Jahrain soon made his way into CE from UT , making his Zelda modification but sadly getting burned out , pushing foward the notion of open sourcing materials created later on , also Jahrain pushed for more custom characters in CE doing various tutorials and methods for rigging and animation.

Backstory : Jahrain may have been burned out on Zelda CE , but he managed to create a port so great that it was featured in many magazines , and on various websites , Jahrains original start up the popularity ladder happened when someone made a joke post at GBX about starting a Zelda modification , claiming to have made most of it already , but having no proof to back it up , and then for a laugh Jahrain came out of no where and posted a picture of Hyrule field , and instantly everyone was awe struck , the rest is history.

Projects involved in : Zelda CE , Sonic GOTAW, Metroid Online , Chronopolis

Rec0 : Rec0 was a huge part of CE , hes not been around the modding side so much recently but he still plays , he was apart of H2CE , and spent alot of his time tagging and working on apps and stuff to help the community.

Projects involved in: H2CE , Hypothermia , Sonic GOTAW , Metroid Online , Zelda CE , CMT , Promethus , Flycam

SteelixB : Responsible for Hek+ among alot of other things Steelix helped alot of people through various means , weather it be applications or rigging , Steelix was a big part of CEs development.

Backstory :Steelix only put a projection feature in HEK+ after a huge uproar lead by SonicXtr3me and JackBauer , everyone else followed after us , after the simple sentence "its not nice to steal from others what they have put hours into making just so someone can steal it in seconds" , major supporters of protection included all the major mapping teams at the time , Sonic GOTAW , CMT , Metroid CE , and also minor projects like Church , and a few others because of protection , many teams where concidering leaving CE if it was not added because "it would not be worth it anymore" was the phrase used at the time , describing the way everyone felt about hard work put into the modifications.

Projects involved in:: Metroid CE , HEK + , HaloTagConverter

Seraphim & Metroid online : Even though the mod is technically dead (its debatable so far as to weather it will make a full appearance and resume full working order again due to Seraphim being loaded too heavy with work , Metroid online again is another mod that has changed the way people look at CE and attracted people to it because of the fact that it was all over the online news not so long ago , something that looks like metroid prime but plays like Halo , and has yet got all of Metroid Primes features and effects ? surely thats not Halo!

Backstory : Aslong as Seraphim has been around hes never given up , since CE started , hes been for ever working , back in 2004 when things first majorly kicked off Seraphims never backed down , and thats why you`ll most likely just have to wait abit more for MO to come out , assuming he takes it back on when hes not loaded down with work , for now you can call it his "dormant phase" where hes pre occupied with something else thats also important.

Projects involved in: Metroid CE , Zelda CE , Sonic GOTAW

Axeman : Axeman was inspiring to many , he created alot of maps , but what drew everyone to them was the custom content , Axeman was the first to release a unique series of maps that included all new and unique custom content , from flaming swords , and lazer pistols , to freaky dropships and fast race cars , Axeman was for a long time concidered the embodyment of the word custom , because everything was custom , nothing was left unchanged , thus Axeman deserves to be praised for his effort.

His major project "Awakening" was sure to be CEs first totally custom campaign , it was all ready to be made , but unfortunately after the beta MP release his tags got corrupt his HD got a virus , and we never recovered because by the time HEK + had been released he had moved on.... this was a magnificent project despite its strange looks , if anyone where to take it on , it would be great to see it back depending on who managed the project and weather it was still kept any good.

Projects involved in: Axeman series of maps , Halo HQ , Oceans Apart , HQ Racetrack , Mini-stunt Axemans major project : Awakening

SonicXtr3me & GOTAW : "Typing a section about myself is obviously bias , but what can i say?" , i am not a Halo CE god , or even a Demi god , but i have tried , when my mapping team first started out , i was a lazy sob (in my teens), who did nothing but concept art , over the years i bothered to learn 3ds , and things took off from there , my team and i have been through hell , with constant team member changes , changes in concept , and various tests been thrown out the window , we have never stopped trying , the reason i put us up here is because we have attracted alot of none Halo fans to playing Halo , same as the Zelda and Metroid mods , and for that reason alone , thats why we atleast deserve some praise.

Background : we where the ones that released the first mod of NMC that contained crappy H2 immitation weapons , it got leaked and so everything started going worse in the community , we released a couple of Sonic maps to start , then i got out of hand with ideas and put all those ideas on hold to take a break in the hype of H2 before it was coming out and tried our hand at Halo related content , in doing so , we created GZ_H2 , and got flamed on GBX for 6 months none stop about it , causing the biggest dramafest in CE History , after which we lurked around GBX and EP Gamers forums for several months picking up the pieces of the Sonic mod and throwing them at a dart board waitting for someone who could help , we eventually found help and got Multiple permutation bipeds working for the first time in CE , how ever they where not released and the official first release of Permutated bipeds went to Genocide who created TSC , we have been working hard ever since , aslong as Seraphim has on the Metroid mod to get things working again , and in the process made alot of new friends in the CE community , surely we are the underdogs of all the big teams and we have caused alot of havok in the community but after all that we get along just fine :)

Aswell as all of this , we are responsible for getting rid of some of CEs most annoying and infamous Leakers responsible for leaking ... Zanzibar H2CE , GZ_H2 , and a number of other major projects (cannot remember them off the top of my head its been years).

Projects involved in : Sonic Online , Sonic Adventure Online , Sonic CE , Sonic GOTAW , H3MT , CMT , H2CE , Hugeass , Coldsnap , GZ_H2 , H2CE , Metroid Online , Pillar of Autum Space

Other Teams , or Individuals that are to be included as Golden Oldies but have no details or backstorys ... again in no particular order

Kirby_422
Hdoan
KiLLa
RegularHaloGuy
TexRat
HIV
Beavis
Kyle
Neuro
Dominator
KillaFTW
Tiamat
Firescythe
FireDragon04
TheGhost
GhostofHalo
The1
WaveOfLag
CaptainLag
SSDC
OHunterO
Tweek
Xboxster
Yoyorast
Arteen
Seth Xzzy Graham
Eric Lamuthe
caz
Sean Casey
Bryn Casey
EJ Burke
AkmAssassin
Captain
MMFSdjw
Mothergoat
Paulus
tarehart
Crowpath
IceTiger
moddedcyborg
Peter Sakievich
Molkien
Crispy
Dennis
Grenadiac
Doc Octavious
ICEE
Invaderveex
Zteam
Nugget
HGuru

Information Regarding Help to Newbies : NEW Section

As Masters stated awhile back , and i know this is mostlly the same for all mentioned above , everyone who is concidered an "Elitest" or an Oldie , or a vet , what ever, is more than happy to help New people , its all depending mainly on the attitude of the person.

When a team is looking for someone its mainly someone who is nice to talk to , can take a joke , and also has amazing talents , thats what the teams of today currently look for , all the smaller teams normally dont make it past the concept phase because they can never find someone good enough , normally because the bigger teams snap up all the people with tallent in a heart beat , as soon as that one post is made showing off their talent , its a race to please them and get them on your team , thats how it is , first come , first mod.

The way the smaller teams can survive is by asking for help from the larger teams , that normally ends up with the smaller team getting eatten and spat out with hardly any members or results in the smaller team actually doing well , mainly if they are polite and dont run in yelling "please giv3 meh all your Tags!!!!" , the reason main reason the bigger well known teams protect tags is to make sure they are not abused by the younger members of the community that (No offense intended) but always seem to have less patients thus always results in younger , newer members below the age of 16 asking for tags or creating rediculous projects , its a rare occasion where someone under the age of 16 has the patients to do anything.

The worst thing you can do if your looking for help , or just out for good rep in the community is to go a head and flame or insult vets in anyway what so ever, especially if its anyone that was a member of GBX , its hard to explain but basically almost all the vets have at one point worked with each other on each others projects , thus theres a decent friendship atleast between people , you go insulting one of em , and they are all gonna blam the hell out of you because to them , your insulting the fanbase (generally made up of vets).

Other amazingly BAD things you can do to make your stay in the community short ....

Spam Halomods , Halomaps or Modacity , claim your better than any of the vets without any proof , claim your working on an amazing project/s but never show any work , weather it be concepts or screenshots/grabs , come up with or work on too many ideas at once , if you dont use either Maya , Gmax or 3dsmax you wont last long , mainly because if you cannot get atleast 1 thing ingame that you yourself have modeled it looks really bad to everyone else because it shows you lack time or patients to get something ingame or bother learning the tools in which the industry create stuff.

Want to please the community by doing a custom project? heres how ..

Through out my entire stay in CE , every time i look , theres always one person that says this , and its only been done by Axeman once , and thats if you want to please the community , especially with a full modification , do it on something thats either in Halo 1 , or something thats not Halo 2 or 3 , you`ll see lots of H2 or H3 things being built atm , but theres always someone that says "why not try doing something custom instead?" and always another that goes with it saying "theres too much H2 and H3 stuff for CE" , if you want to please the community , come up with new and crazy ideas , and show proof that they are working ingame before posting , Axeman created an entirely new CE experiance , and that was great , if you dont want to be in bad books go for something thats not Halo , why ? because its more interesting , everyone who mods Halo has played it to death , so most dont want to see the same thing anymore because its either gotten boring or they want a break from it.

End of post , my fingers are tired .... T_T
Edited by SonicXtr3me on Feb 6, 2009 at 12:32 AM
Edited by SonicXtr3me on Feb 6, 2009 at 12:33 AM
Edited by SonicXtr3me on Feb 6, 2009 at 12:39 AM
Edited by SonicXtr3me on Feb 6, 2009 at 01:13 AM
Edited by SonicXtr3me on Feb 6, 2009 at 01:18 AM
Edited by SonicXtr3me on Feb 6, 2009 at 01:19 AM
Edited by SonicXtr3me on Feb 6, 2009 at 02:18 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Calling all modelers! Feb 5, 2009 10:06 PM (Total replies: 174)

Quote: --- Original message by: KillerKip1

I see everyone else (some excluded) locking their maps like wussies, because they are scared someone might steal their models for a video game.

We still have 2 more maps planned for release, and, depending on our current status, we might continue the "GTA Conversion" project, and my Marathon Halo Mod is still moving.

Everyone looks their maps not because they are wuss`s , but because we dislike people making more BG mods when time could be better spent trying to improve on stuff thats already done and trying to create better content than the past stuff , for instance , some may say this is crazy , but a good mark to try to set is to beat a map from Halo first , and then try to do something better for instance , set your mark high but achiveable like NMC , that was achiveable or Portent , those are both amazingly good maps , that took alot of time and effort , but they where worth all the struggle , maps reusing ripped H2 tags are not worth the effort.

Besides which by calling people who lock their stuff , you have done a great job of insulting most of the Vets of the community , that like to help the newbies and do protect their stuff so we dont get more BG mods , hell , the reason why vets dont help newbies that much is purely because of your attitude alone.

I am sorry to say but this is a community where its either , Pictures or GTFO , if you have progress on a project you dont post abit of text about it , its worth nothing , a picture or a video are proven ways of winning everyones approval unless the content is utter crap , or the project is poor.

Halo CE General Discussion » NEW Metroid Online Mapping Team Recruiting! Feb 4, 2009 03:18 PM (Total replies: 18)

would that Zero suit samus be the brawl one i gave seraphim ages ago?

Halo CE General Discussion » Calling all modelers! Feb 3, 2009 10:38 PM (Total replies: 174)

just wondering kip , was your previous user name VegaStriderCore? cause you seem alot like him...

Halo CE General Discussion » NEW Metroid Online Mapping Team Recruiting! Jan 30, 2009 01:17 PM (Total replies: 18)

that was my topic josh lol

Halo CE General Discussion » NEW Metroid Online Mapping Team Recruiting! Jan 30, 2009 12:19 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: Nebulon

AT LEAST I'VE BEEN TRYING! REMEMBER THAT IN OUR CONVERSATION KIRBY?
Edited by Nebulon on Jan 30, 2009 at 03:39 AM

Kirby works for many other mapping teams , not all of his time can be spent on Metroid stuff , saying that hes not trying is not an understatement , its offensive as he does good work for so many people and helps the community so much , i would like to see you try something similar , your the same age as him after all right?

Halo CE General Discussion » Problem with blue streak Jan 30, 2009 10:11 AM (Total replies: 8)

yes i do have it named as +Sky

Halo CE General Discussion » Problem with blue streak Jan 30, 2009 01:09 AM (Total replies: 8)

i added the sky it says so in the post

Halo CE General Discussion » Problem with blue streak Jan 30, 2009 12:26 AM (Total replies: 8)

Hey folks , whilst theres alot of stuff going on with the Sonic mod i decided to start making our maps in preperation for the release mid 09 , so i started working on this map , just a small piece for the introduction ..

Everything was done in Max 9 , skinned in Max 9 and then exported...

Just so you know , everything is done individually so its all seperate pieces but they are all linked to the "Frame" , it has water!$ and +sky materials both in the Multisub , and also a dirt@ aswell in the multisub to control collision , now my problem is that when i slammed it all through tool i got this ...

I added the sky in the tags , and also did the lightmaps , aswell as it doing this , in the pic you may notice part of the gang way is missing , last time i had the missing mesh problem i simply clicked editable mesh and then re-exported with bluestreak and it fixed the mesh problem , but now its not working and i want to know if theres any solution to fix this ...

Anyone got any ideas? or solutions?

(Please keep in mind i have not done this for a year and a half so obviously i am gonna be rusty)

You know , your the first one thats really asked that , at the moment i cannot say exactly , it depends on how big and complex we make the levels , with Sonic you can fly through a level in no time , but with the other character we are introducing , Sally , you`ll have plenty more time to explore , make your way through levels , and by doing that , it lengthens it alot more than just playing as sonic , but to state how long its going to be for the entire mod , i really dont know yet

Halo CE General Discussion » Before you PM me about unprotecting maps... Jan 28, 2009 12:49 PM (Total replies: 24)

i love the last one "protecting noobs" oh the irony

Hey again everyone , Sonic here , just thought i would drop by and update everyone on whats going on :)

So far , everythings going well in the new year, 09 is a year of updates and progress , with new people onboard helping out , and now that the majority of the content is done , we are looking at a July 09 release for the FULL mod , thats Campaign and Multiplayer.

So , whats been going on? , well , for those who keep up with our blog at ...

http://genesisoftheazurewind.blogspot.com/

Doan has finally finished all of our rigging , and i have finally let him run back to H3MT , which he is very happy about now i am not pestering him lol, Bobby is helping with our animations and mecha characters , which is proving to be amazing , we have 3 people working on getting reference for each animation and levels from the 360 and ps3 versions of Sonic 06 , and also i am looking to find and recruit a good 3p animator for our final character for MP , Sonic Chief.

Shown ^ , SC replaces MC in MP to give it a different feel.

As for bobbys amazing work , heres a shot of it here ...

Rig by Doan , Anims by Bobby and effects by Bobby.
Edited by SonicXtr3me on Jan 28, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Official list of Map teams Jan 11, 2009 07:16 PM (Total replies: 29)

Sonic Mapping Team :

www.youtube.com/soniconline
www.moddb.com/mods/sonic-the-hedgehog-genesis-of-the-azure-wind
http://genesisoftheazurewind.blogspot.com/
Edited by SonicXtr3me on Jan 11, 2009 at 07:16 PM

Time: Wed November 20, 2019 6:25 PM 265 ms.
A Halo Maps Website